Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the biggest fool in TNA?
This poll is closed.
Dixie Carter 59 34.71%
MVP 7 4.12%
Magnus 10 5.88%
Willow 29 17.06%
Samoa Joe 65 38.24%
Total: 170 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Where's the poll option for us, the audience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

Samoa Joe is playing Videogames online if you want to see.

http://www.twitch.tv/samoajoegames

I never watch LPs but is it possible that this gets more viewers than Impact typically does?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Squalitude posted:

Since Jesse Sorensen has suggested he may return to feud with DJZ imagine the ultimate pay-off: a briefcase on a pole match, with a health insurance contract up for grabs.

You're not giving them enough credit. It'd be an MRI machine on the pole and both competitors would be injured trying to get it down.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Commissar Ken posted:

Wait, that was real?!? I thought it was just a dumb story thing with no chance of payoff like most TNA storylines.

Well, see, it's both

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SylvainMustach posted:

Came here to post that, and that Jeff Jarrett's new promotion (since leaving TNA) has a website with absolutely no information about who may be in said promotion or where we might see it.

Here you go: http://globalforcewrestling.com

Their logo looks incredibly dated as well:

Um, excuse you, but you can also buy autographed 8x10's like this
http://globalforcewrestling.ras.bustores.com/catalog/product/view/id/14369/s/jeff-jarret-8x10-1/

This. Is. Gonna. Be. HUGE.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Who has even used that rounded 'future' font since the 90's? It's like someone's grandpa's idea of what'd look cool. Even the Impact Wrestling logos are better (slightly) than that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oldpainless posted:

Christy hemme has a decades worth of experience in the wrestling business so maybe she has some good ideas

Like changing Austin Aries theme to 'Walk Idiot Walk'

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

Daniel Bryan is the best thing to happen to Eric Young. Maybe.

Which means that Punk is the best thing to happen to Eric Young.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

Now that Dave Lagana has burned through CM Punk and Daniel Bryan angles in less than 6 months he's completely out of material to ape

He just has to Sid Vicious up a Streak for Joe, then he can have Tito beat him for it. This will all take place on one show.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They have a PPV in three weeks why didn't this stupid storyline culminate there?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah, if they did it that way it wouldn't even have bothered me as much, even though it probably would've been an even bigger ripoff. Then it would've at least felt like a semi-coherent and logical storyline rather than hotshot bullshit to capitalize on the ACTUAL white hot heat of Bryan.

You know, thinking about this last night and I realized that this is one of their many misguided attempts to 'copy WWE but do it better'. In eschewing the stop-start, Bryan-gets-screwed part of the storyline by cramming the entire build into one night and making the HHH analog into a face for whatever reason, they managed to completely kill a) the fans getting behind the underdog hero and b) any amount of tension in the storyline.

Magnificent.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

It's more like Zack Ryder

Actually you'll find that Davey Richards is their Zack Ryder now.

woo woo woo, I'm stupid

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oldpainless posted:

One guy told her she was fired but theres no communication so no paperwork was actually done for her termination.

hahahahahaha

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

EY was decent enough with the mic time he had on Impact. That was nowhere close to the worst thing about the angle or the show.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

TNA doesn't do matches people want to see.

Oh they do them, the roster is too thin not to. They just get five minutes or less in the middle of impact's first hour.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What is he paying these people to be able to afford 500 performers? Either that's absurd, straight-up lies or he's gonna run this thing worse than Dixie.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

They aren't signing 500 performers. He has 500 performers in his "database" that he's considering signing. In reality this means Jeff has been working a lot of indie shows and has been writing names down on index cards and taking photos at cons with Bushwhackers.

I think that's a pretty liberal interpretation of 'has 500 performers' (not on your part, but the author of the article or whatever his source was for that tidbit). By that logic, I have 500 performers, living and dead, in my promotion called Buttcrack of Honor. Where's my reality show, I ask? Where?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

Maybe he has a working agreement with 500 people but they will only be called in on a per date basis based on availability?

That still seems like an insane number of people to be on call. Maybe I'm underestimating JJ but that is a gigantic roster of performers. If it's staff, including creative, behind the scenes, etc that's one thing, but the article says performers.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

i'm not sure if Jeff Jarrett has been watching TNA but I can definitely say for certain that it's problem isn't that there's too much wrestling, or that sometimes there's even any wrestling at all

His takeaway from TNA seems to be that the roster is too small and it's not interactive enough, along with the 'too much wrestling' thing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wait how many CAW slots are available in 2K14? Maybe Global Force is just a series of LPs featuring 500 of our favourite wrestlers from past and present.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He's wrestled on TNA quite a bit I think?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sweeney Tom posted:

Not only this, but the fact that TNA is THE SECOND BIGGEST US WRESTLING COMPANY CURRENTLY, and working at Walmart is still financially preferable.

Thanks, OKADA

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wait how much are those ratty couch seats? See if you can get those and just kick back, maybe take a nap partway through. Being a book and read during Gunner's match.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Onmi posted:

There are still people today saying that He's good and that WWE hosed him up. I have no idea how they function.

They're all on TNAustim.com so their opinions aren't canon with reality.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm sure it'll end with Shaw being the Jamie to Christy's Cersei

I don't even know what that means in this context. He'll rape her? They'll be revealed as twinsies?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Christy should book herself at least one world title reign before the company goes belly-up.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HODOR STEEN HODOR

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

neonbregna posted:

So I guess this is all part of cost cutting in creative? Just watch wwe and copy whatever they are doing.

What do you expect when their head of creative was, prior to this, a WWE hire because he was a friend of Kevin Dunn and prior to that worked at Costco?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Speaking of Dunn, it will never not be hilarious to me that his is the only profile page on WWE Corporate without a picture. Too ugly for even the internet.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

weekly font posted:

It's a clear sign that the man has a tiny, tiny penis.

Poor tiny penii'd Van Vader, John Studd and John McCarthy :(

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

Don't forget Show and Bam Bam Elow. :(

Well at least it's canon that Show is packing a golf pencil.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Did she append that statement with "boom" ?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Sam Shaw is a realtor and brought Hemme back to a property he's trying to sell but it turns out she really liked the place so he's been really awkward and unsettling lately because he's trying to buy it for her without her finding out.

Zema Ion is pissing blood and doesn't know why. Rob Terry learns what doggystyle is.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

This is still a VERY different situation than ECW who were down to the wire via creditors and were losing their tv spot. Dixie's mom may absolutely shut them down but I'm just really amused by people being so sure that dropping down the cable dial will be the last nail in the coffin. Like it was mentioned earlier, they already have international tv in place, so even if no US cable or streaming service wants them, I kinda just imagine they'll just carry on with a smaller and smaller roster, eliminate house shows and just broadcast the international shows.

Broadcast them where? And how long is such a model sustainable, even with a drastically smaller roster?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Zack_Gochuck posted:

Poor Bob Carter is going to end up setting up low-wattage over-the-air TV station in Florida, isn't he?

Mike Tenay desperately calling moves over ham radio.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't think the sum total of the months in which they were passable to good over their entire lifetime would total a single year, much less years.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

I hope the final Impact ends with Toby Keith in the ring doing a live simulcast with Global Force Wrestling.

No way, Serge finally comes out to Dixie and she clutches his legs as he walks away. It's the only ending I'll be happy with.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Highlight of the night was Meltzer and Alvarez arguing over whether a fake beard/mustache is considered a mask.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Or while heavily intoxicated, maybe they had Kurt write it.

Angle or Sutter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

wagnike2 posted:

In fairness, all wrestling recaps are pretty terrible.

The ones issued by the company themselves usually aren't! WWE's are fairly well-written when I've had occasion to read them. The fan-made ones, especially on F4W and the smaller newz sites where no one seems to copy-edit are very bad though.

• Locked thread