Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the biggest fool in TNA?
This poll is closed.
Dixie Carter 59 34.71%
MVP 7 4.12%
Magnus 10 5.88%
Willow 29 17.06%
Samoa Joe 65 38.24%
Total: 170 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Testekill posted:

Totally not anything that the WWE is doing at the moment.

Right down to the ugly ill fitting suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

God dammit I wanted to say that. TNA: The Only Way Forwards Is Backwards

TNA's motto is the opposite of Brazil's.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

that looks like the logo of a fake fed someone was watching in an 80s movie

That's the only thing I like about this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Start up names are just going to get weirder because there are so many names that are in use or have been used. Global Championship Wrestling for example is in use.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cornette has to be on a bunch of their releases too because he'd always be on TV/PPV announcing those stupid gimmick matches or having to make the most idiotic decisions an authority figure had ever been tasked with. The worst of which came pre-Russo!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Christy Hemme is now a member of the TNA creative team.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

I'd make jokes but really she can't be any worse than who's already there.

That's how I felt. It seems funny, but yeah, she probably can't be worse.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I legit thought you were joking. Does she have any qualifications?

She hasn't booked horrible TV for years and is a woman, so maybe some of the misogyny in TNA's writing will be reduced?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Writer Cath posted:

:ughh: She asked me!

I hooked up a friend with a good heroin dealer awhile ago when they asked, it turned out well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

epitasis posted:

tna is also not addictive terrible analogy

Tell that to the crucial crew or some posters on here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Daniel Bryan turned poo poo into gold.

Eric Young turned poo poo mostly into turds.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

Christie Hemme is the Asylum Films of wrestling bookers

Meltzer says her role is to work with the roster on their costuming. Given her background that's probably a good role for her, but something about deck chairs on the Titanic.

Then again, the Titanic managed to draw more than 2,000 people...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Was he really selling his arm all night too?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Eric Young is a pretty good wrestler and talker when given the chance to be, that's the shame of it.

It's also a shame he was given a ripoff angle being that he's on a successful (enough to get renewed) tv show of his own and giving him a major storyline isn't a bad idea. Giving him someone else's storyline that just played out in the number one company on the planet is a really dumb idea though.

When they've given him the most time on the mic he's been at his worst. He cut so many horrible promos as leader of World Elite and the content wasn't the only problem. He's not a bad promo, but he's not great either.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SylvainMustach posted:

Apparently their ratings went up 27% for this last episode. I'll never claim to have a working understanding of how ratings and the numbers work, but that sounds impressive.

Their ratings have been very low the last few weeks so in reality the 1.4 million viewers is like, 100,000 or so above their usual average.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Even if Shaw wasn't crazy no one would like him because of those hideous lines on his face.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Testekill posted:

Honestly, it's not like anyone would miss him.

I wonder what kind of a paycut he took.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

This is a huge mistake. Cowboy being champion of Jarrett's promotion is a natural fit if it's on CMT.

Also, it's a huge mistake because McDonald's pays better.

If Jarrett's smart he's not signing TNA retreads other than maybe Angle and Styles.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

Talent is talent. He could cap out at about 4 guys and not look like a TNA retread, but he'd have to keep two-or-three of them off tv while he built homegrown talent.

What exactly would he be missing out on in James Storm that he couldn't find in dozens of other talented guys? He's not a major star, he's not a world class worker, his talking is good but not great, he doesn't have some amazing look, and he's not young. Even if you think he's good to have, he's going to expect to be paid better than the nobodies Jarrett is scouting to do this promotion on the cheap.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

skaboomizzy posted:

Jarrett's promotion is doomed already.

Most hardcore wrestling fans will get WWE Network and find whatever they want in the Vault to binge through. (Still waiting for the AWA stuff to hit so I know I didn't hallucinate that Jake Milligan turkey on a pole match.)

Those who absolutely despise WWE (and themselves) will watch TNA.

Exactly who is going to watch a promotion full of guys that couldn't get signed to WWE (or NXT), TNA, or ROH? What American-based wrestlers are left at that point? Who is going to agree to televise them? There are only so many of these guys, and the ones that are any good are generally already signed to one of the above promotions or don't have Jeff Jarrett's unrealized dream promotion as their first choice.

There's a lot of talent out there in AAA, CMLL and non ROH indies. There's a growing crop of wrestlers who have been trained and released by NXT, so you have wrestlers that were being groomed for TV and taught promos and other stuff that indie wrestlers typically don't get. Who is going to watch it? Probably no one. Will it even get off the ground? Who knows, I'm guessing no. It's been months and all we have is a logo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

John Cena posted:

With DG mysteriously pulling their talent from DGUSA, I'm a little curious if there might be a deal being worked between GFW and DG.

Those were visa issues.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

What is he paying these people to be able to afford 500 performers? Either that's absurd, straight-up lies or he's gonna run this thing worse than Dixie.

They aren't signing 500 performers. He has 500 performers in his "database" that he's considering signing. In reality this means Jeff has been working a lot of indie shows and has been writing names down on index cards and taking photos at cons with Bushwhackers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think that's a pretty liberal interpretation of 'has 500 performers' (not on your part, but the author of the article or whatever his source was for that tidbit). By that logic, I have 500 performers, living and dead, in my promotion called Buttcrack of Honor. Where's my reality show, I ask? Where?

The article screams puff piece, so I doubt it was researched more than a phone call with the big wig who arranged it. "Global Force Wrestling, Jeff Jarrett, 500 performers, TNA wrestling, King of the Mountain, Ain't He Great, OK got it!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stallion Cabana posted:

if they're planning reality shows or whatever, it makes sense to count their backstage and tech and etc. people as performers. They could be on one of the shows, thus making them, technically 'performers'.

In that case I guess Jarrett has his kids in his big database.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

skaboomizzy posted:

I just sadly shake my head at any wrestler that thinks TNA will exist that long.

Imagine you are one of those three.

If you go on the open market you aren't getting any interest from WWE. ROH probably isn't going to be interested either, not that you'd make big money there anyway. It's just that if ROH is interested some of the other indies that run regularly might be and maybe you can have a tiny bit of leverage in negotiations. NJPW isn't going to be interested. NOAH and All Japan are in dire straits right now and guess who Wrestle-1 has a deal with? I wouldn't expect CMLL to be interested and AAA seems to already know what American talent they want.

So what do you do, do you re-sign now for whatever the terms are or risk the open market where your only suitor might be GWF, possibly AAA's El Rey project. GWF isn't going to outbid TNA for that kind of talent. It's a Jeff Jarrett project, it's assuredly going to be run on the cheap. They'll pay for an Angle caliber name if they can, but not a Gunner caliber name. It's going to be run on the cheap and they probably won't want too many TNA cast offs. You also have no idea if it will actually get off the ground. AAA is going to get off the ground but there's no way to know how it will do on El Rey.

If TNA dies in six months you are at worst in the same place you were if you were a free agent. You'll get the same offer from GWF, AAA's future in the US will be more certain and who knows, maybe WWE buys TNA and absorbs some talent.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sono posted:

Does it sound good PR wise? If he's looking for VC, that's a hell of a lot of people to pay for a two hour show. If he's looking at the fans, they're going to think, at best, 6 stars, 6 mid-carders, 488 JTGs.

The idea is he's scouring the planet for undiscovered talent and these 500 represent all the infinite possibilities of the GWF. In reality it means he's been doing this:

If you have any doubts that GFW should be discussed in the TNA thread or that there is any hope for this promotion, look who they are already involved with:

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Hermie-Sadler-to-Compete-in-Denny-Hamlin-Charity-Race.html?soid=1112786617224&aid=7QhR6o7QbKc

Whoops, I meant

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Just so I don't get anyone's hopes up but those pictures aren't an indication Jarrett is looking to sign those people, Jarrett is just taking photos with wrestlers at cons and adding text to the photos.

It's really, really sad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

skaboomizzy posted:

I thought TNA contracts were usually super low downsides with most of the money per-appearance. Dixie seems just terrible enough to sign these guys to those deals then when TNA finally pulls the plug on Impact claim it's just a hiatus and stop them from booking indie shows.

Some guys are on guarantees but most of the new deals are per appearance. I have no idea what a Gunner would get.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

tzirean posted:

Hey, unlike any tag team working in WWE or TNA, the Bushwhackers have a ***** match under their belts!

Interestingly (at least to me), it's one of only two regular tag-team matches in the US to which Meltzer's given the full five, and the only one from a US-based promotion; the other is Guerrero/Barr vs. El Hijo del Santo/Octagón.

More interestingly the Bushwhackers also have a match rated under -*****.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thauros posted:

Has Virgil #joinedtheforce yet?

#BreakingNews

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Deadpool posted:

Now who's got the stroke?

Probably Kurt Angle in a year or two.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Good LORD you guys.

Yeah this thread has taken a dark turn, here's a happy fun joke:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The GFW's endgame revealed:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alternate wording: Jesse Neal is making more than he did while he was in TNA.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChampRamp posted:

In one day this became the best thread on the forums

I apologize for allowing TNA to bring people entertainment. I think GFW deserves its own thread, please re-post scoops there fellow internet journalists:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3626161

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Looks like Daniels is done as of next week per the F4W front page:

quote:

A memo sent out by Bill Behrens earlier today noting that both Christiopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian are being represented by him for independent bookings has led to a lot of speculation, particulary since it was stated Daniels would be able to appear on DVDs, iPPV and TV, which TNA contracted talent is not allowed on.

Daniels TNA contrext expires next week. Given what was said in the release, it is clear they are under the impression he will be a free agent at that time.

Kazarian's contract expires in May. It was not stated he would be available for DVDs, iPPVs and TVs, only that he is taking indie bookings, which TNA talent is allowed to do.

Daniels is available for matches, public appearances and seminars both as himself and as Curry Man at https://www.sbibookings.com

Rockstar Spud was signed by TNA to a multi-hear deal.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm starting to think that Serge may be gay and not just a cuckold.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

WWE couldn't even sue WCW over Scott Hall going to WCW and acting like Razor Ramon. They're similar and it makes TNA look low rent, but WWE can't do anything about it. And frankly, I don't think they give a poo poo. None of this is going to make TNA another dime, so it's not a threat to WWE in the slightest.

The WWF did sue WCW over that, but they aren't going to sue over this and they don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Forums Barber posted:

My girlfriend just informed me that there is a TNA house show within an hour's drive of here this weekend, on my birthday.

And that the address listed on the impact wrestling site literally does not exist.

Bonus points: in this phone conversation she informed me that a friend of the family from Kentucky dated Jeff Jarrett decades ago, so I got to explain what he's up to these days (twitter selfies)

Should I go? This is a hard decision, but at least we are both aware that experiencing a breathtakingly carnie experience is what's in the cards.

Here's the promotional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4gLyn1tlbU

You will see 5 or 6 matches, they will hawk VIP photos, Jeremy Borash will tell you how great of a crowd you are and that they might do a PPV there.

I've saved you the trouble of going to a TNA house show.

• Locked thread