Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the biggest fool in TNA?
This poll is closed.
Dixie Carter 59 34.71%
MVP 7 4.12%
Magnus 10 5.88%
Willow 29 17.06%
Samoa Joe 65 38.24%
Total: 170 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Nostradingus posted:

Chaos and Regression?

e: caos e regressão

The emblem in the middle could be a crest that's a combination of X-rays of Kurt's neck and Anderson Silva's leg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I just can't anymore. I've been watching it the last few months on DVR, but I can't. Here's what I did with this week's Impact:

First I FF through the commercials. Then the stupid-rear end video segments about Mike Knox. Then I realize that nothing important is going to happen in the ring. Then I just delete it. Why should I care anymore? I don't want to see Kurt Angle die in their ring from a bad bump, so what other possible reason is there for me to watch? I've already seen Samuel Shaw choke out Ken Anderson a zillion times. I've already seen the Bully Ray/Jeff Hardy tag team spots, why hang around? I guess I'll skim through it to see how badly they waste The Wolves and to see what debacles they serve up at the next PPV.

I'm just starting a "dying days of WCW" PPV tour on the WWE Network and it's still better than anything TNA is doing now. I'm just comparing the flame patterns now.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Didn't they just bring back Russo?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Writer Cath posted:

Does anyone have a working stream for Impact tonight? It's for a friend.

Nobody should ever let a friend watch TNA.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

You guys are making GBS threads me, right? They really didn't do this. There's no way. I'm gonna watch it later to see, but I really hope you're all just messing with me.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

oatgan posted:

so.... Tito Ortiz vs. Abyss?

We have this Bobby Lashley.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

They're done. They have to be done. Jeff Hardy is the only "star" they have left and he's doing some terrible gimmick that will probably lead to him swanton-ing off a cage into the earth's core in a couple of weeks.

It's great that the biggest burial TNA is facing isn't Hogan (and soon Sting and then maybe Angle) trashing the company and management, it's just ignoring that TNA ever existed at all. Sting is gonna show up on Raw at some point and he'll be "WCW legend Sting" and nobody will ever mention TNA and I will just laugh.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Jarrett's promotion is doomed already.

Most hardcore wrestling fans will get WWE Network and find whatever they want in the Vault to binge through. (Still waiting for the AWA stuff to hit so I know I didn't hallucinate that Jake Milligan turkey on a pole match.)

Those who absolutely despise WWE (and themselves) will watch TNA.

Exactly who is going to watch a promotion full of guys that couldn't get signed to WWE (or NXT), TNA, or ROH? What American-based wrestlers are left at that point? Who is going to agree to televise them? There are only so many of these guys, and the ones that are any good are generally already signed to one of the above promotions or don't have Jeff Jarrett's unrealized dream promotion as their first choice.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I just sadly shake my head at any wrestler that thinks TNA will exist that long.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Imagine you are one of those three.

If you go on the open market you aren't getting any interest from WWE. ROH probably isn't going to be interested either, not that you'd make big money there anyway. It's just that if ROH is interested some of the other indies that run regularly might be and maybe you can have a tiny bit of leverage in negotiations. NJPW isn't going to be interested. NOAH and All Japan are in dire straits right now and guess who Wrestle-1 has a deal with? I wouldn't expect CMLL to be interested and AAA seems to already know what American talent they want.

So what do you do, do you re-sign now for whatever the terms are or risk the open market where your only suitor might be GWF, possibly AAA's El Rey project. GWF isn't going to outbid TNA for that kind of talent. It's a Jeff Jarrett project, it's assuredly going to be run on the cheap. They'll pay for an Angle caliber name if they can, but not a Gunner caliber name. It's going to be run on the cheap and they probably won't want too many TNA cast offs. You also have no idea if it will actually get off the ground. AAA is going to get off the ground but there's no way to know how it will do on El Rey.

If TNA dies in six months you are at worst in the same place you were if you were a free agent. You'll get the same offer from GWF, AAA's future in the US will be more certain and who knows, maybe WWE buys TNA and absorbs some talent.

I thought TNA contracts were usually super low downsides with most of the money per-appearance. Dixie seems just terrible enough to sign these guys to those deals then when TNA finally pulls the plug on Impact claim it's just a hiatus and stop them from booking indie shows.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Midnightghoul posted:

Well that's enough time to borrow at least 6 more WWE storylines

Waiting for Matt Morgan to return in skinny jeans.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

Sam Shaw has to live in his parents' basement because TNA doesn't pay him a livable wage

And Jesse Neal has the top bunk

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

oatgan posted:

so wait what was that home Christie Hemme met Sam Shaw at for their date with the creepy shrine/mannequin (during the UK tour???) because I'm pretty sure that wasn't his mom's place

You're not supposed to remember that

or

He rented an empty apartment (or "flat", as they call it there) to impress her. Obviously he travels with all the creepy shrine stuff; it all fits in a carry-on.

The best answer I can give you comes from Adult Swim's "Rick and Morty": just don't think about it.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

"Next on the WWE Network: 96 consecutive hours of Are You Serious"

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Writing that recap was the dream of a dying child from the "Request-a-Thing" foundation. He typed it up after receiving a piledriver from Eric Young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Is there a gif or youtube of Tigre Uno nearly killing Sanada with that high cradle suplex? I really need to show this thing to people.

• Locked thread