Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

_-=BARK ARF! - BARK BARK ARF BARK!-=_

You are Guards-The-Pack, son of Father-Brother-Master-Bestest-Friend-Ever-Man-Beast-Who-Knows-The-Place-To-Make-The-Leg-Kick!

You are the Guardian of the Greatest Pack of all Packs! Your Pack owns the Den-of-Dens, decides who hunts and who owns what territory!

You go out with the Father-Brother-Master-Bestest-Friend-Ever-Man-Beast-Who-Knows-The-Place-To-Make-The-Leg-Kick all of the time to guard the Territory! You warn the pack when danger is near! Sometimes you fight Predators! There are always many exciting smells when you patrol the territory!

You have just come back from a long trip, you went to search for the path the Predators took through YOUR territory! On the trip the Father-Brother-Master-Bestest-Friend-Ever-Man-Beast-Who-Knows-The-Place-To-Make-The-Leg-Kick was hurt and you were very, very scared. You nursed him back to health and got him to the Den. Now he is talking with Biggest-In-The-Pack-Who-Fights-For-The-Pack-And-Makes-Sure-The-Pack-Does-Not-Fight-Itself. Sometimes they talked for hours and drink the Bad-Water. They do not have food for you to Make-Drop and He seem to be okay so you are on your own for a few hours.

What do you want to do?

A. Clean the genitals with the tongue. This is a very important thing to do which must be done frequently!

B. Go to the Old-Den, where your many Females are and mate! There are lots of them and they are ALL yours! You are the biggest and most clever of your kind and any female you want is yours! You have been gone for a WHILE!

C. Go play with the Pup. He spends a lot of time training to protect the pack now, he is probably training now.

D. Go to the Den, find The-Mate and get her to scratch-the-place-that-makes-the-leg-kick!

E. Go to the Den and keep Drops-The-Tasty-Food company. She has been sad since you left the Old Den and was separated from her mate.

F. Go to the Den and Make-The-Face-That-Makes-The-Food-Drop.

G. Go to the Old Den and Make-The-Face-That-Makes-The-Food-Drop.

H. Go to the House of Good SmElls and and Make-The-Face-That-Makes-The-Food-Drop.

I. Find the Old-Smeller and Make-The-Face-That-Makes-The-Food-Drop. At this time of day he may be at the Bad-Water-Place and the water may be bad but there is often food too!

J. Go to the Den-Of-Odd-Smells-Where-The-World-Is-Small and Make-The-Face-That-Makes-The-Food-Drop.

K. Go to the Old-Den and leave waste on the bed of the Mean-One for old times sake!

L. Go to the Place-To-Trade-Food-And-Of-Many-Smells and sniff at the Floppy-Ears! You don't trust them, once one of them even bit you! They are obviously plotting something!

M. Go to the den of Digs-The-Dirt-And-Makes-Things-For-Holding-Food and watch him work.

N. Go to the Old-Den and rip out the throat of the Mean-One! She was mean when you were little but now you are big and will have your revenge!

O. Something else. Fill in.

WELCOME TO THE GAME!

Welcome to _-=BARK ARF! - BARK BARK ARF BARK!-=_, a Chose Your Own Adventure style game. The format of the game is simple. I will lay out the scenario and offer options to proceed with. You can always propose an alternate path to pick. The most popular choice will be picked. Type as much as you like, but please indicate your vote by bolding your choice like this.

One way this game is different from other Chose Your Own Adventure game is that your adventure is to a degree, a freeform adventure. You chose your path through the world. The world can and will change around you based upon your actions and you will not have a predetermined story to run through. Your path and ultimate fate are not planned. Today, the day we started the game, I honestly have no idea where we may be a month from now, let alone how it might one day end. It is all up to you.

You do not have plot armor. Bad decisions can get you killed or wreak horrible consequences which you did not intend.

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #arfbarkbark on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

I won't have time to join IRC till tonight.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Diogines posted:

-BARK ARF! - BARK BARK ARF BARK!-

You are Guards-The-Pack, son of Father-Brother-Master-Bestest-Friend-Ever-Man-Beast-Who-Knows-The-Place-To-Make-The-Leg-Kick!

You are the Guardian of the Greatest Pack of all Packs! Your Pack owns the Den-of-Dens, decides who hunts and who owns what territory!

You go out with the Father-Brother-Master-Bestest-Friend-Ever-Man-Beast-Who-Knows-The-Place-To-Make-The-Leg-Kick all of the time to guard the Territory! You warn the pack when danger is near! Sometimes you fight Predators! There are always many exciting smells when you patrol the territory!

You have just come back from a long trip, you went to search for the path the Predators took through YOUR territory! On the trip the Father-Brother-Master-Bestest-Friend-Ever-Man-Beast-Who-Knows-The-Place-To-Make-The-Leg-Kick was hurt and you were very, very scared. You nursed him back to health and got him to the Den. Now he is talking with Biggest-In-The-Pack. Sometimes they talked for hours and drink the Bad-Water. They do not have food for you to Make-Drop and He seem to be okay so you are on your own for a few hours.

What do you want to do?

A. Clean the genitals with the tongue. This is a very important thing to do which must be done frequently!

B. Go to the Old-Den, where your many Females are and mate! There are lots of them and they are ALL yours! You are the biggest and most clever of your kind and any female you want is yours! You have been gone for a WHILE!

C. Go play with the Pup. He spends a lot of time training to protect the pack now, he is probably training now.

D. Go to the Den, find The-Mate and get her to scratch-the-place-that-makes-the-leg-kick!

E. Go to the Den and keep Drops-The-Tasty-Food company. She has been sad since you left the Old Den and was separated from her mate.

F. Go to the Den and Make-The-Face-That-Makes-The-Food-Drop.

G. Go to the Old Den and Make-The-Face-That-Makes-The-Food-Drop.

H. Go to the House of Good SmElls and and Make-The-Face-That-Makes-The-Food-Drop.

I. Find the Old-Smeller and Make-The-Face-That-Makes-The-Food-Drop. At this time of day he may be at the Bad-Water-Place and the water may be bad but there is often food too!

J. Go to the Den-Of-Odd-Smells-Where-The-World-Is-Small and Make-The-Face-That-Makes-The-Food-Drop.

K. Go to the Old-Den and leave waste on the bed of the Mean-One for old times sake!

L. Go to the Place-To-Trade-Food-And-Of-Many-Smells and sniff at the Floppy-Ears! You don't trust them, once one of them even bit you! They ate obviously plotting something!

M. Go to the den of Digs-The-Dirt-And-Makes-Things-For-Holding-Food and watch him work.

N. Something else. Fill in.

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #arfbarkbark on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

I won't have time to join IRC till tonight.

Holy loving poo poo I love you Dio you crazy effort posting bastard

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

quote:

E. Go to the Den and keep Drops-The-Tasty-Food company. She has been sad since you left the Old Den and was separated from her mate

I wonder....misunderstanding of our doggie brain, or truth? Investigate!

Voting for E

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 1, 2014

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
Fantastic!

A then E

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Placeholder post.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
B. Time to get our groove on!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Placeholder post.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

K Obviously.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Food first. Then to other things.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
K, then D
This will involve going all the way to the Old Den and back, but it seems like the course of action that's most likely to get results.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

O. HUMP THE GATE :huh:

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 1, 2014

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Eryxias posted:

Fantastic!

A then E

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Eryxias posted:

Fantastic!

A then E

A, then E

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Being clean is important.

A then E.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I accidentally left out the Basscop/Slaan/Tsyni option. I edited it in at the end as N.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Diogines posted:

I accidentally left out the Basscop/Slaan/Tsyni option. I edited it in at the end as N.

Changing my vote to N

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
O Go to the Old-Den, find Father of Father-Brother-Master-Bestest-Friend-Ever-Man-Beast-Who-Knows-The-Place-To-Make-The-Leg-Kick, and ask him:

Arf arf bark, bark bark woof! *sniff*

Bark bark bark bark bark. Arf woof?

Bark woof *pant* bark arf bark arf bark! *whine*

Bark bark bark; arf bark bark bark. *growl*

Bark! *rest head on front legs, raise one eye quizzically*

*roll onto back* bark bark bark.

e: Diog I understand today might be busy for you, starting the CYOA and whatnot. It's okay if you only have time to respond to the first three.

e2: I came up with some contingencies!

(If he is not willing to answer question 1) Arf arf! *pant heavily*

(If "yes" to question 2) Bark bark arf! *chase own tail*

(If instead of answering any questions, he just pets us) *roll over for belly rubs*

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 1, 2014

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
J. Perhaps we can find Mate(?)-of-Friend-of-Bestest there!

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -