Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I like this game. It has it's problems. It starts off on the wrong foot on just about everything especially presenting and introducing Sazh, right now he's just the comedy relief funny yet kind of racist stereotype black man with a bird living in his afro but once you get into it it's actually a very fine game. Probably one of the weakest Final Fantasy games.

One of the things I like most out of this franchise is how they do try to do something different with each game and each game has it's own unique identity and feel to it. It's probably why the series has lasted this long. This game isn't quite what people were expecting and that's why it replaced Final Fantasy VIII as the Black Sheep of the series. That game also had that problem. People were basically expecting Final Fantasy VII-2 and were upset with the fact that it was so radically different from that. Is it a bad game? Nope. Did they try something different? Yes. Did it work? It's hit or miss really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I found Sazh to be pretty great, honestly.

I found Sazh to be great too. It's just his introduction establishes him as a racist stereotype with a bird living in his afro, and then we see him do stupid trickshot poses in combat and in the cutscenes he's show blundering his way through a warzone going from one "wacky" mishap to the next as he follows after Lightning like some bad comic relief character in a eighties action movie. Not the best way to establish that he's a determined everyman caught up in extraordinary circumstances.

If you ask me, if you approach this game with an open mind. He basically represent this game in a nutshell.

Also Final Fantasy XV looks loving awesome. If it turns out to be any good I might just buy a next gen console to play it.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah, but it's crucial for getting the Untimate weapon for the Third Best character in the entire franchise.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Camel Pimp posted:

I might be alone in this, but I don't hate Hope. I don't really like him either, but his reaction (at least so far) isn't unreasonable, considering his age and what just happened. What kills Hope's characterization is this game's abysmal pacing.

Hope's fine. I never really got why people complained about him so much. I mean yeah start out a bit whiny but give that he's around fourteen years old that's perfectly natural of him especially considering all the poo poo that happens to him in the span of about five days.

• Locked thread