Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

ManMythLegend posted:

Unsurprising. However, if you can fight a mainspace fire then you should also be in good enough shape to fight the inevitable class A/C fire from when you leave the hot pocket in your microwave for too long.

Hot Pocket? That'll end up a class B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

ET "a." We work second shift, so getting volunteers is like pulling teeth.

I'm FC a, when we were second shift I thought working the seven o'clock games was a good deal. The guys in charge of your shift might not be as flexible though from what I've seen/heard.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

As an FMF HM you can do the Marine standards for height and weight and CFT. It was an option when I checked in. I'm not sure if it's just where I'm stationed or Navy wide but apparently it's not an option anymore because, from what I heard, Marine higher ups got tired of salty fat HMs cruising around with wild hair cuts in their uniforms

But yeah maybe something like the CFT instead of the PFA would be better. The run push-ups and sit-ups is just silly.

They asked us 5 times if we wanted to do the crossing the line. And at anytime we could pretty much call training time out. We had to have crossed it at least twice but never did it. I don't know what happened.

I'm a filthy pollywog :(

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 28, 2014

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ManMythLegend posted:

Unsurprising. However, if you can fight a mainspace fire then you should also be in good enough shape to fight the inevitable class A/C fire from when you leave the hot pocket in your microwave for too long.

My Senior Chief basically exploded a breakfast sandwich the other week. I work in a SCIF and so there are many doors. That didn't stop me from smelling burning plastic/food the moment I opened the double doors on the quarterdeck which only got worse as I went through four other doors and up a floor to get to my office which basically smelt like someone lit a tire fire.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

PneumonicBook posted:

I'm FC a, when we were second shift I thought working the seven o'clock games was a good deal. The guys in charge of your shift might not be as flexible though from what I've seen/heard.

Dude. PM me your name. How the gently caress do goons teach at A schools...

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

Have the instructor NEC. My choice was A school or the FRS squadron. I opted to stay in Jax.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Christoff posted:

As an FMF HM you can do the Marine standards for height and weight and CFT. It was an option when I checked in. I'm not sure if it's just where I'm stationed or Navy wide but apparently it's not an option anymore because, from what I heard, Marine higher ups got tired of salty fat HMs cruising around with wild hair cuts in their uniforms

But yeah maybe something like the CFT instead of the PFA would be better. The run push-ups and sit-ups is just silly.

They asked us 5 times if we wanted to do the crossing the line. And at anytime we could pretty much call training time out. We had to have crossed it at least twice but never did it. I don't know what happened.

I'm a filthy pollywog :(

Or ditch the way the HM rating is set up now and make it to where you can choose either green side or blue to keep away from the whole "But I don't wanna be blue/green side!" and getting dudes with a division that have no place patching people up. Also keeps people that want to go green from being nailed blue. Then again, it was always hilarious seeing my friend with 1st MARDIV getting the deathglare whenever we were on Pendleton because some pog hated his full sleeves and month long lack of a haircut.

HM CFT should be you applying a triage, application of life saving poo poo like tourniquets, and moving a body. To keep it limited in complexity, you simulate the combat as a single person, not a team in a FOB so none of that two-man carry business. This applies to all shore commands, regardless of green/blue.

If you're on a ship, you do the whole SCBA/FFE poo poo and triage/application of life saving poo poo for the situation. If instructors want to keep saying about how great and vital HMs are, we better prove it :smug:

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

LordNad posted:

Have the instructor NEC. My choice was A school or the FRS squadron. I opted to stay in Jax.

Still active?

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

She'll tear, YOUR SOUL, apart!
I'm just thankful that I no longer am torn between staying in the military and getting out.

It's going to be an awful lot easier to just check "Intends to Separate" and "college everything" on my next IDP now that i'm not worried how i *might* want to keep subjecting myself to 18 hour days spent in a main space making sure we have no water spots on the deck.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Less than 8 to go for retirement :smithicide:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

LordNad posted:

As if that's a guarantee.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Fat fuckin stacks of blood money contractor cash

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Fat fuckin stacks of blood money contractor cash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAMjVUTk3SE

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

LordNad posted:

They're going to retire us all at the 15 yr mark with a 35% base pay high 5 plan. Didn't you read your infallible Navy Times?

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

snooze.

for at least 2190 more days.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

They're going to retire us all at the 15 yr mark with a 35% base pay high 5 plan. Didn't you read your infallible Navy Times?

Oh well then it must be true. Navy Crimes is a sound paper with journalism of the highest integrity.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

poopkitty posted:

As if that's a guarantee.

Wait until you get out to be fat, don't do drugs and don't have another ERB and it pretty much is a guarantee.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Seqenenra posted:

Wait until you get out to be fat, don't do drugs and don't have another ERB and it pretty much is a guarantee.

They told us all that they won't be doing any more ERB's! Are you trying to tell me that people would lie to us?

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

They told us all that they won't be doing any more ERB's! Are you trying to tell me that people would lie to us?

They would never lie. What they will do is change the name of it and hammer people with it again.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Seqenenra posted:

They would never lie. What they will do is change the name of it and hammer people with it again.

Fear the 2016 Force Sculpting Reviews (FSRs). Bam where's my comm for that? Oh wait some Captain took it and suggested it to the Joint Chiefs to get his star.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Seqenenra posted:

Will the end-result be a fleet without middle management, wherein they start promoting the E-4/E-5 ranks again at a 60% rate per exam? Central planning never works out the way they hope it will...

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

I'm going to do this right now.

I will also include "You're almost there" on the first day of every month until October 2016.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

TrialbyStone posted:

I'm going to do this right now.

I will also include "You're almost there" on the first day of every month until October 2016.

Only 635 days left until my special day in January 2016. :D

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

On a side note, I've successfully gone down a blouse size every year. 4 months ago I could barely fit into a medium and now i'm fitting out a regular with room to spare.

I would make the effort to re-fit myself for my dress uniforms, but for someone who's worn his blues/whites once in a 3 1/2 year period, it doesn't seem like it's worth the effort.

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice

TrialbyStone posted:

On a side note, I've successfully gone down a blouse size every year. 4 months ago I could barely fit into a medium and now i'm fitting out a regular with room to spare.

I would make the effort to re-fit myself for my dress uniforms, but for someone who's worn his blues/whites once in a 3 1/2 year period, it doesn't seem like it's worth the effort.

I used to wear my dress poo poo a few times a month so I ended up getting a few sets of whites and blues trousers towards the end of my enlistment. I think I got two sets of whites with patches for the cost of a set of blues trousers. Dont bother unless someone makes you do it.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Fart Cannon posted:

I used to wear my dress poo poo a few times a month so I ended up getting a few sets of whites and blues trousers towards the end of my enlistment. I think I got two sets of whites with patches for the cost of a set of blues trousers. Dont bother unless someone makes you do it.

Or you could go to the reclaim sale and pick up $900 worth of items for :30bux:

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice

Or you could go to the reclaim sale and pick up $900 worth of items for :30bux:

Sure let me wear some uniform that had to be sterilized because someone poo poo their brains out wearing them.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Fart Cannon posted:

Sure let me wear some uniform that had to be sterilized because someone poo poo their brains out wearing them.

Until you go discarded you'll always get carded. I don't know oh god why what is wrong with me.

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice
Although my avatar is poop, I'm not real fond of other people's poop particles touching me.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Fart Cannon posted:

Although my avatar is poop, I'm not real fond of other people's poop particles touching me.

I thought you were into that sort of thing... what about that moment we shared together in the head?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Fart Cannon posted:

I used to wear my dress poo poo a few times a month

what

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice

DDG, quarterdeck watch once every 6 days. Real navy poo poo.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It's the one with the fancy peanuts in it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh, yeah, didn't do that

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice

Christoff posted:

Oh yeah I mostly just slept in my rack

And yet you still whined your entire enlistement!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hey I'm still in got some whining left to do

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
When I got out I gave everything to the base thrift shop. Old utilities, dress uniforms, blue camos that still had pricetags and no nametapes, all the poo poo.

The only thing I kept was the foul weather jacket I stole from my boat with My leather Velcro nametape. That poo poo owns.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Fart Cannon posted:

You would never make a good HT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Welp. Looking for rentals in Pensacola just got more interesting considering it's under water.

• Locked thread