Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Morning, sea warriors. It's April which means zany hilarious jokes from people that shouldn't be pulling pranks. Share all your lols and rofls in this thread.

In other news, I will be out of the Navy in 28 days. It's been interesting, to say the least. I'm not a nuke, submariner, corpsman, or SWO so my time wasn't completely miserable, but I'm ready to move on with my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Congrats!

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I used to word shipmate unironically in an email today to make others feel bad about not doing their jobs. Where are my anchors?

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

I used to word shipmate unironically in an email today to make others feel bad about not doing their jobs. Where are my anchors?

Have a raging caffeine addiction, at least three dependants and are you borderline over weight yet?

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

MancXVI posted:

Morning, sea warriors. It's April which means zany hilarious jokes from people that shouldn't be pulling pranks. Share all your lols and rofls in this thread.

In other news, I will be out of the Navy in 28 days. It's been interesting, to say the least. I'm not a nuke, submariner, corpsman, or SWO so my time wasn't completely miserable, but I'm ready to move on with my life.

Congratulations! <3

You are where I hope to be.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I don't drink coffee or energy drinks, single sailor with 0 dependents, 69 inches and 140 pounds. Also, I saw a collateral queen picked up sailor of the quarter and I didn't give a gently caress. I have to get my IDW done in 2 weeks which is probably why I'm in such a FTN mode right now. Someone please punch me in the neck if I ever decide to re-enlist.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
mods change thread title to April Navy: Well poo poo mans, maybe my recruiter totally hosed me then.

tia

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

I don't drink coffee or energy drinks, single sailor with 0 dependents, 69 inches and 140 pounds. Also, I saw a collateral queen picked up sailor of the quarter and I didn't give a gently caress. I have to get my IDW done in 2 weeks which is probably why I'm in such a FTN mode right now. Someone please punch me in the neck if I ever decide to re-enlist.

I gotta do mine in a month and a half and they just changed the whole program so nothing is set up yet! eidws Bros

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Wait, are you at my command? They just did the same thing to us. I should have a month and a half to finish but I need to get it done in 2 weeks so they don't throw out my book 3.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

Wait, are you at my command? They just did the same thing to us. I should have a month and a half to finish but I need to get it done in 2 weeks so they don't throw out my book 3.

Nope, I'm elsewhere.

My books from forever ago are still good, but if you go DINQ on your EIDWS date they do a spot SP Eval without retention recommendation. You get the recommendation back when you get the pin.

I just have a month or so because I'm transferring. Would have been 3 months til DINQ if I didn't get conversion orders.

We're waiting on the Chiefs to finalize an operations walk-through, but they were too busy eating cake and celebrating today.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I was going to join the navy but my cousin was like "hey I heard you're joining the gay-vy" and I changed my mind and joined the army but wish I had joined the navy welp that's my story thanks for having me

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Look at this loser missing out on all the free buttsex in the world.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
A new month and no dog pictures? Here, have an unedited version of a current meme (this is going to be run into the ground before long, but goddamn I love this image series).

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Laranzu posted:

Nope, I'm elsewhere.

My books from forever ago are still good, but if you go DINQ on your EIDWS date they do a spot SP Eval without retention recommendation. You get the recommendation back when you get the pin.

I just have a month or so because I'm transferring. Would have been 3 months til DINQ if I didn't get conversion orders.

We're waiting on the Chiefs to finalize an operations walk-through, but they were too busy eating cake and celebrating today.
It feels like you've been waiting to rerate forever now. There's like one other CTN on this board and he only posted when we did that roll call a few months back.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cole posted:

I was going to join the navy but my cousin was like "hey I heard you're joining the gay-vy" and I changed my mind and joined the army but wish I had joined the navy welp that's my story thanks for having me

It's basically like this all day every day

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

except everyone is fat

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

So back to reserve chat, I still find it funny that every reserve person I meet wants to go active. I did not have a terrible experience but I try to explain it to them and they just don't seem to get it. The only exception being one guy who wants to mobilize/go active in order to get a higher percentage from his Post-9/11. The rest just really need it for a better paycheck than the local HEB.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Most people in the Reserves need the money

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Nick Soapdish posted:

So back to reserve chat, I still find it funny that every reserve person I meet wants to go active. I did not have a terrible experience but I try to explain it to them and they just don't seem to get it. The only exception being one guy who wants to mobilize/go active in order to get a higher percentage from his Post-9/11. The rest just really need it for a better paycheck than the local HEB.

Yeah that's basically why I wanted activr duty so bad but I'm all roped up noe

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Pepsi-Tan posted:

Yeah that's basically why I wanted activr duty so bad but I'm all roped up noe

Have you taken the official oath yet? I didn't do it until just before I shipped out, it might not be too late to go active. You'd just have to wait in DEP, and probably get a new recruiter.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Pepsi-Tan, just get a new recruiter somewhere else in town and try for active, or see if your current recruiter wouldn't mind switching it up to where you're in DEP for a bit longer but you are going active.

What are the intel ratings like? My LPO's been talking to me about cross-rating since I usually end up butting heads with corpsmen a lot, he came from CT and said I'd likely be a good fit for CTI or some other ones primarily because I'm a "free thinker and just plain weird". I imagine any other rating would be better than a hospital, encompassing its own bullshit. Personally I'm still interested in getting out, but he just sparked some curiosity as to what happens in the real Navy when it comes to jobs that require more proficiency at what you actually do rather than writing up a patient encounter and the provider gets the credit.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
I'm an IT, work with the IS and CT rates at my command, it's the same bullshit. Just a different thing you work on... cant wait to EAS

oh you also write up the service tickets / intell reports and your LPO / LCPO gets the credit and you get to sweep the p-ways...

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.
Sea-goons: I'm exactly one day away from my PCS to head out to Colorado Springs and work supervising a bunch of Air Force and Army dudes at DIA. How should I cope with their strange customs and a distinct lack of nearby ocean?

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Octopode posted:

Sea-goons: I'm exactly one day away from my PCS to head out to Colorado Springs and work supervising a bunch of Air Force and Army dudes at DIA. How should I cope with their strange customs and a distinct lack of nearby ocean?

call everybody shipmate

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Show them a sailor backs down to no man in the ancient game of gay chicken

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Octopode posted:

Burn tributes to Poseidon for your transgression of leaving his domain.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

MancXVI posted:

call everybody shipmate

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Octopode posted:

The air force and army are goddamn terrible at managing people. If you can make your dudes lives suck less because you know the value is slacking at a shore command then do it.

I'm up the road near Denver on an air force base as well.

Their colors is loving weird. Still surprises me when it goes off.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I've been made to understand when it comes to Army/Air Force that if it's not "in their lane" they don't do it and are real inflexible... so be prepared for that somehow.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MancXVI posted:

call everybody shipmate

After a few of us in my office watched the PBS doc, Carrier. We kept calling each other shipmate for weeks. None of us were ever in the Navy

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Booblord Zagats posted:

After a few of us in my office watched the PBS doc, Carrier. We kept calling each other shipmate for weeks. None of us were ever in the Navy

Did you complain about people hydrating your brightworks

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Snowdens Secret posted:

Did you complain about people hydrating your brightworks

No but we kept calling one guy's desk the poop deck.

Because we put dog poop on it

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
just saw someone on facebook say that they had a job interview today. it was during working hours so they just showed up in uniform for it.

:psyduck:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

KetTarma posted:

just saw someone on facebook say that they had a job interview today. it was during working hours so they just showed up in uniform for it.

:psyduck:

I'm sure fast food restaurants dig that poo poo.

And seriously, at my current job (where most people retire and do the same job) it's pretty much expected if you get a face-to-face interview at all.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pandasmores posted:

What are the intel ratings like? My LPO's been talking to me about cross-rating since I usually end up butting heads with corpsmen a lot, he came from CT and said I'd likely be a good fit for CTI or some other ones primarily because I'm a "free thinker and just plain weird". I imagine any other rating would be better than a hospital, encompassing its own bullshit. Personally I'm still interested in getting out, but he just sparked some curiosity as to what happens in the real Navy when it comes to jobs that require more proficiency at what you actually do rather than writing up a patient encounter and the provider gets the credit.

Ummm, aren't you awaiting trial or something? Pretty sure they frown on that in the top secret ratings.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Laranzu posted:

Have a raging caffeine addiction, at least three dependants and are you borderline over weight yet?

Borderline? You're being generous from what I've seen of the chiefs on the waterfront.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
Is seawarrior the new shipmate?

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

poopkitty posted:

Ummm, aren't you awaiting trial or something? Pretty sure they frown on that in the top secret ratings.

Yeah, which Im quite stoked for. I was just wondering if what my LPO was telling me was accurate. I dont want to stay in this regardless of job, I was just curious and wanted some input that wasnt from a second class that had to cross rate forcibly.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Stultus Maximus posted:

It's basically like this all day every day

I joined the wrong service :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pandasmores posted:

Yeah, which Im quite stoked for. I was just wondering if what my LPO was telling me was accurate. I dont want to stay in this regardless of job, I was just curious and wanted some input that wasnt from a second class that had to cross rate forcibly.

Your LPO is grumpily stereotyping. Some CT's are a little odd, even spergy. But that doesn't mean you would be good at their job. Your job is not that awful, its your attitude towards it.

• Locked thread