Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

I used to word shipmate unironically in an email today to make others feel bad about not doing their jobs. Where are my anchors?

Have a raging caffeine addiction, at least three dependants and are you borderline over weight yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

I don't drink coffee or energy drinks, single sailor with 0 dependents, 69 inches and 140 pounds. Also, I saw a collateral queen picked up sailor of the quarter and I didn't give a gently caress. I have to get my IDW done in 2 weeks which is probably why I'm in such a FTN mode right now. Someone please punch me in the neck if I ever decide to re-enlist.

I gotta do mine in a month and a half and they just changed the whole program so nothing is set up yet! eidws Bros

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

Wait, are you at my command? They just did the same thing to us. I should have a month and a half to finish but I need to get it done in 2 weeks so they don't throw out my book 3.

Nope, I'm elsewhere.

My books from forever ago are still good, but if you go DINQ on your EIDWS date they do a spot SP Eval without retention recommendation. You get the recommendation back when you get the pin.

I just have a month or so because I'm transferring. Would have been 3 months til DINQ if I didn't get conversion orders.

We're waiting on the Chiefs to finalize an operations walk-through, but they were too busy eating cake and celebrating today.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Octopode posted:

Sea-goons: I'm exactly one day away from my PCS to head out to Colorado Springs and work supervising a bunch of Air Force and Army dudes at DIA. How should I cope with their strange customs and a distinct lack of nearby ocean?

The air force and army are goddamn terrible at managing people. If you can make your dudes lives suck less because you know the value is slacking at a shore command then do it.

I'm up the road near Denver on an air force base as well.

Their colors is loving weird. Still surprises me when it goes off.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I got another dogge. He is the chillest dog ever and sleeps on his back for belly rubs all the time.

Makes my spastic huge dog look like a dick.

Edit: Dogge:

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I dunno there are probably like scenario based training about how to not sexually assault people.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Best part about the IDW is that they are pretending it's a real warfare pin.

Nah, they just made it mandatory so no matter how much we make fun of it we still have to get it. No one really takes it seriously unless they are hair deep in the kool aid.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Thanks to an hour of bad PowerPoint I now know how to not kill myself

Edit:or how to kill myself better... I'm confused as to what just occurred

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 14, 2014

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

MancXVI posted:

I sat through the final boss of GMT at the base theater today. Holy gently caress.

Was it a full 8 hours? I missed that one and am transferring before the makeup. Go Me.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Who the heck is Cole and why did the forum explode because of him?

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

TrialbyStone posted:

Eagerly awaiting GMT on "How to not blow up your MRG"

Unless the MRG was sexually assaulted I think we're safe.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

The fat test should just be "can you fit through a hatch without touching the sides." I'm not convinced any actual medical professionals were involved when the Navy decided someone wasn't considered fat because their neck is fat.

A fat neck helps you pass.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I've seen some really strangely shaped fatties that it just works for.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Whites inspection day means my morning is coffeeless.

This is a goddamn travesty.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Welp. Looking for rentals in Pensacola just got more interesting considering it's under water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

Students get inspected. There is always one or two idiots who fail to fit with their bulging guts ..

Last time I was there everyone got horribly sunburned standing at parade rest for over an hour while the CO chartered a Helicopter to fly overhead and take pictures for info domain or Navy times or something.

Only one side of our faces were burned so it looked hilarious.

• Locked thread