Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Ethiser posted:

They're all alternate pilots for the Evas.

The whole EVAS ARE PEOPLE won't be as much of a shocker with Zentradi around I'd imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I'll be getting Z3 as my first try at the series. Gunbuster, Gurren Lagann, and Big O teaming up is too good to resist!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ethiser posted:

They're all alternate pilots for the Evas.

Last I checked Kouji's mother wasn't dead. :v:

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Dj Meow Mix posted:

The whole EVAS ARE PEOPLE won't be as much of a shocker with Zentradi around I'd imagine.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Last I checked Kouji's mother wasn't dead. :v:

His grandfather is the Eva's spirit. It builds it's own Mazinger cosplay.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
well new thread, guess I'll share the SRW Mangas I have;

Super Robot Wars 64: Rai Kanketsuhen Part 1
Super Robot Wars 64: Rai Kanketsuhen Part 2

Super Robot Wars Alpha 3: Counterattack of the Dragon King
English Transcription

there are also 2 manga for Alpha Gaiden(both of which have been translated), and several 4-Koma volumes for multiple games(including a mostly translated one for W), but I don't have those on me currently, also neither of the ones I've posted have been properly translated(although the SRW Alpha 3 one does have a translated script for it

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

I suppose it makes sense if we're considering them as high-school friends. Maybe they all move in to Ashford at some point?

Or maybe they'll be students in that NERV-school! :unsmigghh:
Adding Milly Ashford into the crazy shenanigans of Sosuke Sagara would be very interesting. Except, Geass is 99% likely post-R2 in the game, meaning Milly has graduated and moved on to being a reporter.

That said, Fumoffu being set in the NERV-funded school would be amazing.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

Adding Milly Ashford into the crazy shenanigans of Sosuke Sagara would be very interesting. Except, Geass is 99% likely post-R2 in the game, meaning Milly has graduated and moved on to being a reporter.

That said, Fumoffu being set in the NERV-funded school would be amazing.

Shinji's security guys freaking out over him being within 20 miles of Sousuke oughta be amazing.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

One day I need to read all of those 4koma, that is just hilarious.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Dj Meow Mix posted:

One day I need to read all of those 4koma, that is just hilarious.

Most of them have been lost, I think.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I actually backed all of them up before the site went down. I'll see if I can rehost them somewhere easily.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
I would prefer if they imported Neo's weapons system to its SP system which seems to favor Supers and overpower units with more than 1 sub-pilots unless something's been changed since then.

Although maybe that will be a surprise anyway.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I'm unreasonably excited to see Chirico Cuvie, Heero Yuy, and Setsuna F. Seiei in the same game. 3rd Z can't come soon enough.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I never saw very far into 00, so all I'm familiar with is S1 Setsuna. Does he actually stay "..." or does he get more wordy outside of screaming at the top of his lungs during fights?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hivac posted:

I never saw very far into 00, so all I'm familiar with is S1 Setsuna. Does he actually stay "..." or does he get more wordy outside of screaming at the top of his lungs during fights?

He never gets more wordy. Even when he becomes a literal messiah who fosters communication he does it by shooting glowing rainbows while he mehs it up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Setsuna is a pokemon, and his name is Gundam.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
His character development literally amounts to his having spent a lot of time near GN particles. He lets his Gundam do the talking for him, because he is a Gundam.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm getting more and more tempted to PSN Card it up. I wish I could find a place that didn't gouge out the rear end for it.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Endorph posted:

Setsuna is a pokemon, and his name is Gundam.

Ah, right, I forgot that 90% of his screaming is something about Gundam throughout the entirety of Z2.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

He never gets more wordy. Even when he becomes a literal messiah who fosters communication he does it by shooting glowing rainbows while he mehs it up.

For all that people complain about Heero being a silent deadpan guy, nobody ever seems to remember his crackpot speech about colony independence that he delivered as his words of introduction to his private school class, while his teacher awkwardly tried to get him to sit down and stop talking.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hokuto posted:

For all that people complain about Heero being a silent deadpan guy, nobody ever seems to remember his crackpot speech about colony independence that he delivered as his words of introduction to his private school class, while his teacher awkwardly tried to get him to sit down and stop talking.

Heero in the first episodes is a weirdly different character from how he ended up. See also his bizarre laughing scene.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hivac posted:

Ah, right, I forgot that 90% of his screaming is something about Gundam throughout the entirety of Z2.

I distinctly remember that one part where everyone has a generic 'say the name of the person closest to me' fest. Allelujah says Marie, Saji calls for Louise, etc. It's all very touching.

Then Setsuna finishes with 'Gundam...'

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Heero in the first episodes is a weirdly different character from how he ended up. See also his bizarrely laughing scene.

My favorite Heero scene is at the end of an episode where it's playing his action music as he's floating face down in the water.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

Heero in the first episodes is a weirdly different character from how he ended up. See also his bizarrely laughing scene.

But this was in the middle of the series. It was the second private school he went to, not the first.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hivac posted:

He mutters "...Gundam" a lot and almost always addresses someone's presence with their full name, like "...Lockon Stratos" or "...Feldt Grace." He's a pretty terse guy until he starts screaming about acceptance.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hokuto posted:

But this was in the middle of the series. It was the second private school he went to, not the first.

Oh really? Man, I do not remember the middle of the series well at all.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Anyone planing on doing a share since it's also going to be digital?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Hokuto posted:

The difficulty curve is somewhat nonexistent, so don't go in expecting much of a challenge.

Are you kidding me?... J is the last thing I would recommend someone trying to get into this franchise

Moving on

I've started watching L-Gaim, and I'm wondering why they aren't putting this in more SRW.

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Apr 3, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DrManiac posted:

Anyone planing on doing a share since it's also going to be digital?

Do shares work okay on the Japanese PSN? I'd be way more willing to give that a shot.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Being the fan of Eva that I am, that's more hilarious than it has any right to be.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Do shares work okay on the Japanese PSN? I'd be way more willing to give that a shot.

I'd be down too if sharing works (completely forgot how it really works)

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Race Realists posted:

Are you kidding me?... J is the last thing I would recommend someone trying to get into this franchise

It's a simple, accessible game with readable English and a low difficulty curve. Unless you're saying J was hard?

I'd also agree with L-Gaim deserving more SRW billing. All it gets these days is SRW GC/XO. And NEO I guess.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Race Realists posted:

J is easy, has a set of recognizable series featured in it and was the first portable game to have that level of detail in the animation. You'd really recommend something like SRW1 or 3 where you couldn't even pick whether you wanted to counterattack or not over this?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Play D Mother Fucker So You Learn Katakana Really Fast

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hokuto posted:

It's a simple, accessible game with readable English and a low difficulty curve. Unless you're saying J was hard?

I agree. J was far from the series' best shining moment, but it's translated, easy to find, fairly easy to pick up, introduces most of the concepts you need to play a modern SRW without having to read japanese or a menu guide, and by the end its relatively poor writing and horrific love of spending the endgame throwing swimming pools full of mooks at you will make it very easy to appreciate the ways better SRWs improve on those!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

TARDISman posted:

J is easy, has a set of recognizable series featured in it and was the first portable game to have that level of detail in the animation. You'd really recommend something like SRW1 or 3 where you couldn't even pick whether you wanted to counterattack or not over this?

J has a LUDICROUS amount of reinforcements in every Scenario making EVERY. SINGLE. STAGE an hour long nightmare to finish.

I'd prefer people to LIKE the series, not hate the gently caress out of it guys.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Hokuto posted:

I think it's more like he's saying that J is so boring gameplay wise that it might "scare" someone off from the series if he didn't know that J's supposed to be an outlier in terms of not boring the player to death.

quote:

I'd also agree with L-Gaim deserving more SRW billing. All it gets these days is SRW GC/XO. And NEO I guess.
I'm assuming everyone is trying to forget about it but it did appear in OE so it isn't that "dormant". Though that's probably because OE reused a lot of NEO content.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Race Realists posted:

J has a LUDICROUS amount of reinforcements in every Scenario making EVERY. SINGLE. STAGE an hour long nightmare to finish.

I'd prefer people to LIKE the series, not hate the gently caress out of it guys.

J has such overpowered units that it doesn't remotely take an hour to finish every stage. It's not a great game but it isn't the worst either.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Yeah, I can agree with the boring gripe in the late game. Out of J and AG, Alpha Gaiden definitely has the more solid and engaging stage designs, so I'm keeping that as my top pick.

I also meant to say OE and not NEO. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Race Realists posted:

It's either that or some games that don't accurately depict what the series plays like nowadays if you're looking for an English translated title.I mean, I guess J doesn't either, but I'd rather play J than 2 or 3.

I'd play @G over J, but that's part of a series and also has some old mechanics, so meh.

• Locked thread