Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Hunter Noventa posted:

Because heaven forbid they have more than one enemy faction on the map at the same time.

"Let's Play Super Robot Wars J(esus Christ cut out the reinforcements already!)"

Just do what Z2-2 did and have a bunch of SRs based on sticking yourself between two battling factions and taking 100% of the kills for yourself, instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Caphi posted:

Just do what Z2-2 did and have a bunch of SRs based on sticking yourself between two battling factions and taking 100% of the kills for yourself, instead.

I don't remember that in Z2-2, I remember it in Z3-1, but not 2-2. But yeah that wouldn't be much better.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
That is why I do not regret getting the Great Zeorymer in J for anything.

Typically, I would just park it at the starting point and have the rest of my units take care of the enemies. When reinforcements would inevitably spawn in the clear opposite direction, they instead were greeted by Great Zeorymer.

I don't think anyone even scratched its paint-job until the final mission.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The trick to J is to give up moving your army in anything resembling a cohesive formation and just send your ace units to the corners of the screen. You are almost guaranteed to see reinforcements from each side, so just end turn a lot and presto.

Alternatively, end turn a lot and let them come to you.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

The trick to J is to give up moving your army in anything resembling a cohesive formation and just send your ace units to the corners of the screen. You are almost guaranteed to see reinforcements from each side, so just end turn a lot and presto.

Alternatively, end turn a lot and let them come to you.

Parking Zeorymer at a spawn point and having him spam Hades Attack is a sure way to victory.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

One thing that always bugs me about these games is when at the start of a mission your force and the enemies force will spawn facing each other like you're ready for a big battle but you're slightly off center from each other. Having to realign my entire force kind of kills the mood.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

MechaX posted:

That is why I do not regret getting the Great Zeorymer in J for anything.

Typically, I would just park it at the starting point and have the rest of my units take care of the enemies. When reinforcements would inevitably spawn in the clear opposite direction, they instead were greeted by Great Zeorymer.

I don't think anyone even scratched its paint-job until the final mission.

I will admit, I savescummed to make it happen, but I made sure that every single time the druggies from J showed up they started in range of GZ. They'd each get hit once before the Great Hades wiped em all out. I like to imagine if it were animated they would show up, spew some bullshit before trailing off in terror while their Gundams started shaking in fear.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Did they confirm save data import bonuses for the new SRW?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

alternatively, stop playing J

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Rascyc posted:

Did they confirm save data import bonuses for the new SRW?

Yes. Jigoku and Rengoku clears will help your Tengoku file, iirc

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It just occurred to me that Z3-2 is probably going to be the last thing I will need my PS3 for, what with EDF4.1 coming out for the PS4 soon. I mean, I'll still keep it around for replaying games occasionally but I can probably put it in the closet most of the time.

Also, after I finish Z2-2 again, I doubt I will have any use for my Vita TV anymore. The only things left connected to my TV will be my PC (and only for PSO2) and PS4.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 18, 2015

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Endorph posted:

alternatively, stop playing J

From time to time I just play a bit, but yeah, I can't muster the enthusiasm. I'm going to continue my replay of Z3-1 (switched over to a japanese account to get Rengoku, lost my save that was almost at the last stage) or finish Z2-2 instead.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

MonsieurChoc posted:

From time to time I just play a bit, but yeah, I can't muster the enthusiasm. I'm going to continue my replay of Z3-1 (switched over to a japanese account to get Rengoku, lost my save that was almost at the last stage) or finish Z2-2 instead.

If you're on a PS3, you don't have to specifically be on a Japanese account to play downloaded Japanese games. You just have to have a JP account to download them to start with.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Did everyone see there are some Day 1 DLC scenarios for Z3-2 for 100 yen apiece?

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/17/3rd-super-robot-taisen-z-heaven-prison-will-downloadable-scenarios/

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Man, April 2 is so close. I'd better step up my work and free up some time for this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I've got that day off work and since I ain't religious it doesn't mean much to me. So that day is SRW day.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here is the one worthwhile thing in j:

you can stop playing it. you are free now.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Hokuto posted:

If you're on a PS3, you don't have to specifically be on a Japanese account to play downloaded Japanese games. You just have to have a JP account to download them to start with.

I've got the Vita version: I like playing anywhere I want.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Okay, then you're doing everything right. Carry on!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Rengoku Hen should totally be out next week! Why isn't 15 stage prequel DLC out already, why is out the same day as the game? It's like if someone decided to release Case Zero on the same day as Dead Rising 2.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

ImpAtom posted:

I've got that day off work and since I ain't religious it doesn't mean much to me. So that day is SRW day.

I will be deeply meditating on big robots that Thursday and Friday too.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
When I looked back and saw the places where there was only one set of footprints, the Lord said "that is where we gattai'd."

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

HitTheTargets posted:

When I looked back and saw the places where there was only one set of footprints, the Lord said "that is where we gattai'd."

:golfclap:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

poo poo, only two weeks to finish Z3-1 twice to get the full scenario map bonus!

I did it for Z2-1, I can do it for Z3-1. GOTTA FOCUS!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I'm waiting for a translation/guide thing to happen and secrets to be discovered and all that jazz, which gives me time to finish Z2.2 trust in Zero route and Dark Prison before doing 3.1 hell yeah.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm visiting family for Easter so hopefully when I can finally play I'll be enough behind most people that some of the secrets will have already been discovered. I remember most of them being found out by the time I was like half way through Z3.1.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

poo poo, only two weeks to finish Z3-1 twice to get the full scenario map bonus!

I did it for Z2-1, I can do it for Z3-1. GOTTA FOCUS!

You could always grab a save file from the internet and re-brand it as your own with some tools.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ShiunTouya posted:

You could always grab a save file from the internet and re-brand it as your own with some tools.

But I like playing Super Robot Wars games...?

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

But I like playing Super Robot Wars games...?

That has nothing to do with being able to fill up the chart and/or getting 5 laps in two weeks.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ShiunTouya posted:

That has nothing to do with being able to fill up the chart and/or getting 5 laps in two weeks.

I only got two laps with the full chart for Z2-1, seems reasonable to me.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Are there any grunt enemies in all of SRW harder to hit and easier to be hit by than Firebugs? I'm on stage 44 or so of Z2-2 and when I first engaged them all my units had >10% chance against them and they have 100% against us. It improves a bit as my people gain morale but still holy poo poo. Also, I can't see what stat they have that gives them that ridiculous dodge rate. The pilots have 260 dodge, which is high but not as high as some of my guys, and their robot is only 104.

edit: Red Shoulders are treated as mythical super-warriors in this series, and they don't have poo poo on Firebugs for dodge/hit, even though Firebugs are in M sized units.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are there any grunt enemies in all of SRW harder to hit and easier to be hit by than Firebugs? I'm on stage 44 or so of Z2-2 and when I first engaged them all my units had >10% chance against them and they have 100% against us. It improves a bit as my people gain morale but still holy poo poo. Also, I can't see what stat they have that gives them that ridiculous dodge rate. The pilots have 260 dodge, which is high but not as high as some of my guys, and their robot is only 104.

edit: Red Shoulders are treated as mythical super-warriors in this series, and they don't have poo poo on Firebugs for dodge/hit, even though Firebugs are in M sized units.

Every single Firebug has a Jammer and I'm pretty sure they stack. Since they all deploy in a formation that is covered by 3 or 4 allies that 10% each really adds up.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

WrightOfWay posted:

Every single Firebug has a Jammer and I'm pretty sure they stack. Since they all deploy in a formation that is covered by 3 or 4 allies that 10% each really adds up.

Yeah they all have Jammers that stack and they tend to be deployed in formation next to Marilyn who has L4 Command, they're real rude.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are there any grunt enemies in all of SRW harder to hit and easier to be hit by than Firebugs?
All of ZAFT mobile suits designed for Earth combat. A frikin size S mobile suit, I couldn't believe it.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Decided to play SRW K while I wait for Z3-2 for a couple more weeks. The Dann of Thursday makes me laugh, its like Gurren lagann in Z, ridiculously OP. I wish we could have had a game with GGG and Mexican GGG in the same game, and having a combo attack together

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Which original is best in J? (not counting Laftcranz)

I've been using Granteed and it seems to be pretty good.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Granteed is an overpowered monster, it gets my vote for most powerful original in that game. Maybe one of the most powerful units in the game itself, and thats saying something in a game with a Zeroymer

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The things that make a unit good in J are good concrete durability, spammable long range attacks and a strong finisher and Granteed has all of those. It's definitely worse than Zeorymer, Mazinkaiser and Dancouga since they all kill grunts at least as well and do more damage to bosses but Granteed is still better than pretty much everything else. It's also the hardest hitting unit with natural support attack levels which is also fantastic.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

#happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Caphi posted:

#happening

I wonder, does that mean we're gonna also get Fudou GEN and ZEN in the same place? Because I'm pretty sure that's what'll bring about the end of the universe.

• Locked thread