Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Edit: loving gently caress is that loving Macross Frontier in the front?

They're bound to be able to do something interesting with it eventually, ri-

Oh who am I kidding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I totally want another oldschool Macross in SRW. I have a bunch of that music imported to 3-2 right now anyway. Ozuma seemed like a good pick for Dog Fighter.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I can see Unicorn, SEED Astray, Macross Frontier, Brygar, SD Gundam, Dunbine, Mazinkaiser, and... Escaflowne maybe? in the silhouette.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Can't wait for another crazy list.

Doc Quantum
Sep 15, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

I can see Unicorn, SEED Astray, Macross Frontier, Brygar, SD Gundam, Dunbine, Mazinkaiser, and... Escaflowne maybe? in the silhouette.

Escaflowne certainly deserves to be in a better SRW than Compact 3. One can only hope.

On a more optimistic note, could the push some of these series seem to be getting on portables be them testing the waters for inclusion in a console SRW?

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!

Someone on 2chan made a guess.
GaoGaiGar and Ryu Knight make me very excited!

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Damned 3DS region locking. I can't justify importing a 3DS for just one game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
THe usual mysterious but usually correct about future Famitsu magazines source says this

Dunbine
Raijinoh
Gaogaigar
Gundam 00 movie
Macross F movie(s?)
Shin Mazinger Z
Mazinkaizer SKL
Nadesico
Galian
SD Gundam Gaiden
Gundam Age
Gog
Macross 30

(I dunno if my Romanization is right for series I haven't heard of)

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Why the hell did they have to bring back Gaogaigar only for a loving 3DS game?!

I'm not buying a JP one for this but, goddamn, does it hurt. gently caress Nintendo and that ridiculous region lock.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 11:34 on May 19, 2015

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Samurai Sanders posted:

THe usual mysterious but usually correct about future Famitsu magazines source says this

Dunbine
Raijinoh
Gaogaigar
Gundam 00 movie
Macross F movie(s?)
Shin Mazinger Z
Mazinkaizer SKL
Nadesico
Galian
SD Gundam Gaiden
Gundam Age
Gog
Macross 30

If that list is accurate than I think this new SRW might have the lowest Super Robot to Real Robot ratio of any game in the franchise post SRW 2 at only 4 Super Robot series out of 13 total series

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGlVgyvynKU

Oh god this song is awful. If they're going for another sword equipped fantasy series alongside Dunbine, why not Escaflowne?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Finally getting a 2D sprite of Raijinoh. Bring back all the Eldran shows Banpresto.

Does Macross 30 mean we'll get units from every Macross show? That's what that was about right?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGlVgyvynKU

Oh god this song is awful. If they're going for another sword equipped fantasy series alongside Dunbine, why not Escaflowne?

How can you see the Galiant theme song as anything except 80's gold?(also Galiant does some interesting things with it's plot that ties in well for SRW stuff, while Escaflowne would be a second stringer at best for possible world building importance)

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
That's a pretty interesting lineup.
Always seems like they're using the portable games to gauge interest for the bigger games.
This is a pretty non-standard lineup.
Does Giant Gorg count as a super? I haven't watched that show yet.

Doc Quantum
Sep 15, 2011
Given how much it's appeared in the last few portable games, then, I'd think it's about time Dunbine got moved back to console SRW.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Here you go, a picture.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Man if nadesico is in it I may have to do the cubic ninja trick to De region lock my 3ds.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

K- Kio?

Kio? What are you doing, get out of that game.

Kio, this isn't funny. Get out RIGHT NOW

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This may actually be a weird loving series lineup than UX.

Apparently they're going to be primarily adapting Kio's arc of Age? The arc nobody liked and which they made a movie to basically remove?! SD Gundam Gaiden? Macross 30?!

I don't even goddamn know.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also GSD and Dancougar Nova (the shows actually improved by being in SRW) are out, and MACROSS loving FRONTIER makes it in again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Also GSD and Dancougar Nova (the shows actually improved by being in SRW) are out, and MACROSS loving FRONTIER makes it in again.

Yeah, I'm utterly bewildered by loving MXF being in again. They can't even argue "Well, we wanted it to have a Macross inclusion" since they included 30!

Hope you like hearing Aimo again.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Samurai Sanders posted:

Dunbine
Raijinoh
Gaogaigar
Gundam 00 movie
Macross F movie(s?)
Shin Mazinger Z
Mazinkaizer SKL
Nadesico
Galian
SD Gundam Gaiden
Gundam Age
Gog
Macross 30

What's Gog? I've never heard of that one.

edit: And Galian, too.

Double edit: Gog is apparently http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Gorg and Galian is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_World_Galient - both 80s stuff.

Prism fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 19, 2015

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Awws, no G-Reco. :(

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Giant Gorg has been popping up here and there a fair bit recently... he did just get those two figures from Sentinel, maybe his license freed up recently or something? :raise:

I am loving hype as poo poo for GaoGaiGar to be in glorious 3D, and SD Gundams always rock

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 19, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Awws, no G-Reco. :(

G-Reco is way too new. We're multiple Gundam series behind at this point, and it wasn't popular enough for them to rush it up like SEED.

"We're doing Kio's arc" makes a little more sense in retrospect since they can include Asemu and Flit still and don't have to worry about time shenanigans. On the other hand KIO.

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

G-Reco is way too new. We're multiple Gundam series behind at this point, and it wasn't popular enough for them to rush it up like SEED.

"We're doing Kio's arc" makes a little more sense in retrospect since they can include Asemu and Flit still and don't have to worry about time shenanigans. On the other hand KIO.

SEED wasn't even that rushed. Like, in context of Alpha 3 it was obviously forced in there, because it just outright didn't fit in that point of the series, but Alpha 3 was released almost two years after SEED ended. By the time BX is released it'll still not have even been a year since G-Reco started.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Just looking at that list makes me think we're getting a time travel-centric plot. We have:

-Macross 30, which apparently had a time travel-centric plot
-Nadesico, which had time travel
-Dunbine and its OVA, which are 700 years apart
-Both SKL and Shin Mazinger
-Multiple things in medieval settings along with modern stuff like gundam

So there's hope for at least something non-Kio happening too?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Galient AND Giant Gorg in the same game? gently caress yeah.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

If Mazinkaizer SKL and Shin Mazinger don't have a combo attack, I'm rioting.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I am actually not all that thrilled about the series list.

Too bad. Maybe it will give an excuse to watch some old sunrise shows.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Not as off the wall as UX, but not entirely "90% new popular series" either and brings back some long-requested series like GGG.

Biggest flaw would be I don't think there's a single huge "wow" factor in the series list like with GL or Code Geass first jumped in.

I can dig this.

MG42 posted:

Does Giant Gorg count as a super? I haven't watched that show yet.
It's a Tetsujin 28 variant, so if you consider him one, then yes.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Justin_Brett posted:

Galient AND Giant Gorg in the same game? gently caress yeah.

I hadn't heard of it before, but I really like the Galient robot designs now that I've looked at them a bit. Izubuchi did good work.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Oh wait, so we are finally getting the Nadesico/AGE Mars thing going along with Jupiter/Jovian Lizards/Za Powa.

Well I guess the crossover stuff could be cool.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

drrockso20 posted:

How can you see the Galiant theme song as anything except 80's gold?(also Galiant does some interesting things with it's plot that ties in well for SRW stuff, while Escaflowne would be a second stringer at best for possible world building importance)

What interesting things? I don't really know anything about Galiant besides the name, what's the story?

I'd still really love to see Escaflowne in as well, but I think this list has a good balance between old standbys and random weird poo poo. A little disappointed the team still can't do multiple portraits, though. The OG team had those on the GBA! I guess at this point it's some weird style thing...?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
BX is an apt representation of my face at this region locked bullshit.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I'll admit I am incredibly underwhelmed by this series list in a way that pretty much no other SRW game has done up to this point(even Z3.2 was less disappointing in this regard), cause of the series list;

Dunbine
Raijinoh
Gaogaigar
Gundam 00 movie
Macross F movie(s?)
Shin Mazinger Z
Mazinkaizer SKL
Nadesico
Galiant
SD Gundam Gaiden
Gundam Age
Gorg
Macross 30

Of the returning series only GGG and Nadesico are even remotely surprising or interesting, and of the 5 new series, one is probably an excuse entry to jam other Macross stuff in with minimal effort(Macross 30), both new Gundam entries are awful(AGE 3 is the worst part, and SD Gundam Gaiden seems like it'll be pure filler, since I don't believe it even has an anime to adapt), Gorg is so low powered and small scaled a series from what I can remember, that I literally can't think how it can contribute to an SRW game in any meaningful manner, which makes Galiant the only remotely interesting newcomer, so I can't think of much if any reason to really be excited about this game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

I'll admit I am incredibly underwhelmed by this series list in a way that pretty much no other SRW game has done up to this point(even Z3.2 was less disappointing in this regard), cause of the series list;

Dunbine
Raijinoh
Gaogaigar
Gundam 00 movie
Macross F movie(s?)
Shin Mazinger Z
Mazinkaizer SKL
Nadesico
Galiant
SD Gundam Gaiden
Gundam Age
Gorg
Macross 30

Of the returning series only GGG and Nadesico are even remotely surprising or interesting, and of the 5 new series, one is probably an excuse entry to jam other Macross stuff in with minimal effort(Macross 30), both new Gundam entries are awful(AGE 3 is the worst part, and SD Gundam Gaiden seems like it'll be pure filler, since I don't believe it even has an anime to adapt), Gorg is so low powered and small scaled a series from what I can remember, that I literally can't think how it can contribute to an SRW game in any meaningful manner, which makes Galiant the only remotely interesting newcomer, so I can't think of much if any reason to really be excited about this game

The SD Gundam Gaiden games are RPGs. They absolutely have plots to adapt.

Giant Gorg owns and "it's low power" doesn't matter worth a poo poo in SRW where we had goddammn Scopedogs murdering gods.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What the gently caress's Macross 30?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

What the gently caress's Macross 30?

It was an anniversary game. It basically was Banpresto Original Teams Up With Characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's a PS3 game they made to celebrate the 30th anniversary.

• Locked thread