Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
All I could think of while listening to that was how much the intro reminded me of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Okay who is the doof at Banpreso that gave Lulu the stupidest cut-in ever for the Shinkiro's final attack. I hate them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNvoFLcLVx0

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Okay who is the doof at Banpreso that gave Lulu the stupidest cut-in ever for the Shinkiro's final attack. I hate them

Lelouch stupid-posing is like his thing!

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Rascyc posted:

Lelouch is totally showing that he's the ultimate life form:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Rascyc posted:

No way, man. Fabulouche is the best Lelouche.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Rascyc posted:

The important thing is that World End has turned into an 80s power ballad based off that arrangement, and that's 100% ok in my book.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
In other words, they're still not doing a cut-in with the world's most hilarious supervillain pipe organ cockpit setup. That's disappointing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Rascyc posted:

Oh, come on. It's his Endearing Character TraitTM.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Okay, so the kiseki seishin is pretty nuts, but also a lot of its abilities overlap. For example, it has touki and nekketsu, those are incompatible with each other, right?

Also I loved the achievement when I first activated it. "Love and heroism become power" indeed.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Apr 29, 2014

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Samurai Sanders posted:

Okay, so the kiseki seishin is pretty nuts, but also a lot of its abilities overlap. For example, it has touki and nekketsu, those are incompatible with each other, right?

Also I loved the achievement when I first activated it. "Love and heroism become power" indeed.

The way it works is her first attack will consume and hit with the Soul, but Hotblood will still be active and used on her next attack.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I may or may not have asked this before in this thread, but does anyone have any good reference images for any of the laboratories from Go Nagai's robot stuff? I'd particularly like to see some stuff of this place, the image in the article is about the best one I've seen http://mazinger.wikia.com/wiki/Science_Fortress_Laboratory but I know in the animation the colors are different for example.

Also anything like that from Godannar would be rad, or any other cool shows. Feel free to use this as a springboard for mecha base chat.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I love how Basara doesn't care that his singing does nothing at all to most enemies. Also that when it DOES do something like to the vajra, he also doesn't care. He just sings and is oblivious to anything changing or not changing as a result of his actions.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I love how Basara doesn't care that his singing does nothing at all to most enemies. Also that when it DOES do something like to the vajra, he also doesn't care. He just sings and is oblivious to anything changing or not changing as a result of his actions.

Man just wants people to listen to his song.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

How many Aquarion stages did you do? Make sure everyone from that show listens to Basara's song, I hear they are really into music.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Am I wrong, or do you need to reload the game when you die after getting the Skill Point in order to be able to get it again?

KoB
May 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Am I wrong, or do you need to reload the game when you die after getting the Skill Point in order to be able to get it again?

Yeah, you cant get the SR point if you die and retry the stage.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The Dynamic Kill on Godmars's final attack is beautiful.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

So I take it the Marida island route is going to be played entirely for jokes.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Two new themes today:

Asuka's theme

The incredibly creepy final boss theme.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 1, 2014

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Brunom1 posted:

Two new themes today:

Asuka's theme

The incredibly creepy final boss theme.

Can't quite make sense of the title, though...

I literally translated it as 'Disciple of Corpse Spirit', though I'm not sure about 徒 for disciple. I've also seen it for infantry samurai, and I know there's an archaic reading of it for 'imprisonment', which might make more sense. Imprisonment of the Spirit and Body?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Prism posted:

I literally translated it as 'Disciple of Corpse Spirit', though I'm not sure about 徒 for disciple. I've also seen it for infantry samurai, and I know there's an archaic reading of it for 'imprisonment', which might make more sense. Imprisonment of the Spirit and Body?

Never seen Disciple written with just 徒 before - it's always accompanied by another kanji such as 使徒 or 聖徒.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Brunom1 posted:

Never seen Disciple written with just 徒 before - it's always accompanied by another kanji such as 使徒 or 聖徒.

I think you're right and I'm just blanking.

I'm still leaning toward the archaic imprisonment reading, assuming this dictionary isn't leading me astray.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Prism posted:

I think you're right and I'm just blanking.

I'm still leaning toward the archaic imprisonment reading, assuming this dictionary isn't leading me astray.

Personally, I'm leaning towards it meaning group/set of things (Souls and/or Corpses?) - as indicated over here.

What, if anything, do we know about the guy and his "mech"? Is there any indication towards those things?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Brunom1 posted:

Personally, I'm leaning towards it meaning group/set of things (Souls and/or Corpses?) - as indicated over here.

What, if anything, do we know about the guy and his "mech"? Is there any indication towards those things?

I don't know anything. I'm not that far. I just looked at the title as presented. My choice of Imprisonment was because of the game, not because of the boss specifically.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
A kind soul over at GameFAQS is doing a story summary for every stage with some dialogue translation as well. He usually puts up about a stage a day, i think we are on 20 now. Take a look if your interested in the story and can't ready Japanese - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/751148-dai-3-ji-super-robot-taisen-z-jigoku-hen/69006575

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Actually, never mind. This thing is getting weirder by the minute.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 3, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

The best was his intro stage in Z2.2, where he was AI controlled and up against God Mars enemies, but God Mars enemies all have Spirit Block, so he was literally doing nothing.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Brunom1 posted:

On the topic of Gamefaqs' projects, a group of people have started a crowd-sourced translation of Z3 over here.

I've been transcribing, editing and translating what I can but the more people who are willing to contribute, the better.

Even if you can't translate, simply transcribing the lines is a huge help. The Gamefaqs' thread is here.

Oh, god, is that the project this YJ clown signed on to? Abort. Abort now.

And dear lord, don't crowdsource translation. Z is a large, coherent body of work that needs a lot of integration and context at every step, not to mention a good team of writers with a grasp of style. YJ has none of these things. I've seen his work on Z3 (what there was of it), he has basically no Japanese comprehension at all, let alone a fraction of the ability to manage a translation project of this size, scope, and complexity.

For the record, I personally would not set out to do Z3. (This is partly because I'm not done with it and I would want to play the hell out of it, and the other Z games, in preparation to understand all the plots' points and vectors before I even thought of putting words to paper.)

e: if I had to crowdsource a text-heavy RPG I really liked for some reason, I sure wouldn't choose GameFAQs as my talent pool. I remember being the kind of kid who hung out on GameFAQs. I wouldn't trust that guy within five miles of a translation project.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 2, 2014

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Caphi posted:

Oh, god, is that the project this YJ clown signed on to? Abort. Abort now.

And dear lord, don't crowdsource translation. Z is a large, coherent body of work that needs a lot of integration and context at every step, not to mention a good team of writers with a grasp of style. YJ has none of these things. I've seen his work on Z3 (what there was of it), he has basically no Japanese comprehension at all, let alone a fraction of the ability to manage a translation project of this size, scope, and complexity.

For the record, I personally would not set out to do Z3. (This is partly because I'm not done with it and I would want to play the hell out of it, and the other Z games, in preparation to understand all the plots' points and vectors before I even thought of putting words to paper.)

e: if I had to crowdsource a text-heavy RPG I really liked for some reason, I sure wouldn't choose GameFAQs as my talent pool. I remember being the kind of kid who hung out on GameFAQs. I wouldn't trust that guy within five miles of a translation project.

I don't think people want all the nuances and gritty details of the story. If they are like me they just like having a general idea of what's going and who is saying what to who.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Ethiser posted:

I don't think people want all the nuances and gritty details of the story. If they are like me they just like having a general idea of what's going and who is saying what to who.

I, for one, absolutely want all the nuances and gritty details of the story.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Where does the FMP plot in Z3 leave off at?

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Wait is the YJ guy the one that insists on calling Zeon Jion and almost never getting names right? Because I've been playing Alpha 1 and looked at his FAQ and it was just a mess.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Wait is the YJ guy the one that insists on calling Zeon Jion
Did he translate Gundam FMV?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muike posted:

Where does the FMP plot in Z3 leave off at?

It leaves off right before the novel-only material starts to my understanding. (I'm not big on FMP so I don't know where the cutoff is between manga and anime material.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The anime ended with Gates's death, didn't it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

The anime ended with Gates's death, didn't it?

Well, it might go after that then since I'm pretty sure Gates doesn't actually die and is just part of the Beck Loser Squad and I think it contains some original content too. considering the submarine gets a magical bullshit upgrade to go into space which I'm almost positive is not FMP canon.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Gates isn't actually in the novels or the manga anyway, so cool I guess! The next few story arcs would be really cool in game form

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

muike posted:

Gates isn't actually in the novels or the manga anyway, so cool I guess! The next few story arcs would be really cool in game form
Haha, really? I never paid any attention to the manga or novels, I just watched the anime a few years ago. Guess he isn't that great a bar for the cut-off point, then! :v:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The end of the arc they made him for in TSR is like the 3/8ths point of the whole story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I was surprised that Gates got put in the lol joke villain bag along with Beck, after the things he did in the anime.

• Locked thread