Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Oh Snapple! posted:

Please, Unbreakable owned and Setsuko's themes were poo poo. Gave her Sure Promise and never looked back.

Looks like someone doesn't have the right stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

What does "very conflicting" mean?

It should be 8715 yen (8070 + 8% sales tax).

Whoa, Full Boost was only 7980.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

If we can't get another good game with Neo mechanics, let's bring the Neo mechanics to the good games instead. :getin:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

"Well, that certainly is an Original alright."

I like to imagine they're hyper sensitive to people complaining about how boring Crowe ended up being and are pulling out all the stops this time to make the original crazy.

Crazy rear end cockpit design aside, Storm Bringer is awesome and I'm cautiously optimistic for Chunky Legs Super Mode.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Okay, my JP PSN account is all "charged" (still dunno why they use that word for when you put money INTO it) and if its like previous times I have done this, it will show up sometime after work tomorrow, but NOT early enough that it will finish downloading/installing before I have to go to sleep. Oh well.

Should we expect it at 12-1 AM EST?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

So yes, then.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Rascyc posted:

I honestly like this original more than the Brasta so far from what little I've seen. It feels like this one has a bit more articulation to it. Also no 30 second long sniper sequence.

I agree. Color me wrong on my initial "Welp good job on another generico mcrealrobot BP" because this one feels pretty decent. The finisher has a lot of oomph to it without taking 40 seconds to animate(and reminds me a lot of Valhawk).

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

While it's certainly in poor taste, it's not really much different from a Godannar cockpit. Suzune's pilot suit isn't much different from a Godannar one either, come to think of it.

It's stupid as hell but so are cut-ins of gigantic swaying breasts and poo poo so :shrug:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I actually agree with you wholeheartedly, but it's hard to feel legitimately outraged over a super robot wars female lead having stupid fanservice attached to her at this point. We crossed over that line around Alpha 3 with Kusuha and Selena's pendulum boobs and Selena's BDSM ninja outfit.

It's the sad fact that the venn diagram of "people who like mecha games" and "people who are likely to buy anime girl hug pillows" has a non-zero overlap.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

The Beastmen didn't go extinct or anything. Yoko was fighting random Beastman mooks in G-L canon near the end of the series.

To add on to this, one of Viral's most iconic scenes is fighting his last stand in the Enkidu post-timeskip several years after Lord Genome's defeat. The entire big prison complex under Kamina City Simon gets thrown into is mostly for beastmen malcontents who don't want to integrate and want to keep fighting the old war.

Basically beastmen still being kicking is at least as plausible as OG games featuring DC remnants four games after Bian Zoldark's death.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

To 1/8th is a safe bet, as by 1/8th would be quite literally useless in the new world of precious limited SP.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

COME ON SONY WHERE IS THE PS3 VERSION :argh: :argh: :argh:

I want to play so bad.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

So the web store has updated with the Vita version but not the PS3 version.

There... is a digital version of the PS3 version, right?

Edit: Nevermind, it's there!

It's not showing up in my console's PS3 PSN Store. :confused:

e: I had to loving find one of the DLCs and go to it from the DLC page because it wasn't showing up on my searches. :wtc:

Kanos fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 10, 2014

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Rascyc posted:

Maximum break is pretty similar to OGs2 but less of a hassle to use.

Pretty similar might be a stretch. Maximum Breaks were a huge restrictive pain in the rear end to use in OGs2nd and were basically big fancy support attacks that were reserved for blowing up big nasty bosses. This game encourages you to fliff out maximum breaks to kill anything and everything that's just a little too tough for you to bowl over normally. Being able to double up on ALLs and have your partner use post-movement and range restricted attacks freely is pretty ridiculous.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Someone on the staff really, really, really loving likes Kallen. Jesus, that Endless Waltz stage.

That wasn't apparent already?

It's not even just Kallen, though she's the most blatantly insane. Zero was very nearly as broken in Z2.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Ethiser posted:

Silly game. You think Riddhe is gonna get the cool Zeta ripoff while Kamille gets the Methus ripoff. Think again.

The Delta Plus is actually a Hyaku Shiki ripoff. :eng101: If you compare the Delta to the Hyaku Shiki side-by-side they're basically identical except the Delta is a little fancier and doesn't have the anti-beam bling paint.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I can't get enough of how cool the tag tension system is. I'm actually thinking about how I want to use my tag tension, how I want to generate it, on whom I want to generate it. Do I want to slingshot past these enemies to get to the timed boss with multi-action and gamble that I won't be able to kill it without Maximum Breaks? Do I want to chance not having enough damage and save for double PP?

The game isn't really hard but I've *thought* more about my movements more than any SRW in recent memory so far. I've actually been holding off doing upgrades simply because I'm worried they'll snap this delightful interlude.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

HitTheTargets posted:

I forget what Jamming does. Hyper Jamming is the Bunshin one, right?

Jamming gives +10% hit/evade to the unit and its partner. In this one, Hyper Jammer is a Deathscythe ability which provides it 30% afterimage at 130 morale or higher.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Rascyc posted:

I still have no idea who his voice actor is. I did a google search and it turned up a name that led no where, so I assume it was a translation mistake.

He's a new seiyuu.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, that boss fight is basically a "do you know about Maximum Break? We're gonna make sure you do" tutorial, which is hilarious considering they give you another tutorial on it earlier and one of the earlier skill points is "Do a Maximum Break."

I think the Gauron "Hey Maximum Break Him Idiot" tutorial is the best of them though because it really hammers in how loving useful they can be with their unique properties, whereas the early tutorials were mostly "I guess I can play fancy music when I blow up this unit".

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Revitalized posted:

So uh... now that the game is out, there's nothing wrong with the Vita version right? I mean, I've got a PS3, but I don't turn it on as much since the PS4 came out, but I still bring my Vita to work and stuff.

All reports say they're functionally identical with a little bit more load time on the Vita version due to heavy cartridge compression.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

The rarity of Hot Blood/Soul in this is pretty odd although Maximum Break makes up for a lot of it. Asuka doesn't get either, although she's admittedly Rebuild Asuka and not classic flavor.

I'm honestly really on board with this design decision. Maximum Break at least requires a little bit of forethought to use instead of "press button, numbers go higher", which is a baby step in the right direction.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Shaezerus posted:

It feels like Hot Blood is one of those things in recent SRW where either very few pilots get it, or drat near all of them do. Personally I'm glad for the restraint, because I don't think I can take seeing Trowa Barton of all people carrying it around again.

Yeah, you're right. That's the big problem. It's such a massively powerful effect to literally double your damage output that most of the time they're forced to hand it out to everyone just so they can stay competitive. Ask poor Rei how not having hotblood worked out in Alpha 3.

Giving it to very few people and having them be balanced around it is a much better approach because it helps create some meaningful differences between individual characters.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Emuticus posted:

Actually, I used Rei a lot in Alpha 3. Despite her lack of Hotblood, she did have Attune/Inspiration, Exhaust, and Bonds. Not to mention the crazy powerful AT Fields once you upgraded the Eva's armor a bit. That basically meant I could bring Katz and a bunch of other not-otherwise-useful Gundam grunts along with me to the end game and use the hell out of their seishin as well.

Yeah, but the fact that she got multiple weapon upgrades(N2 Mine, Lance of Longinus) were completely wasted because she was utterly worthless as an attacking unit due to that lack.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

TheManSeries posted:

In no way, shape or form should Kallen be able to out damage Getter in SRW. That's insane!

The D-Trader items are so powerful that you can make basically anyone an invincible god that shits fire and death if you want. They're basically in-game cheat codes.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

The only D-Trader item I have on her is the "restore EN at the start of a round" one which wouldn't actually impact the damage.

This was Lelouch Buff + Basara buff + Soul + Max COMBO + Maximum Break + Ace Bonus. It'd probably go higher if I used the D-Trader item that boosts damage but I mostly just wanted to see if I could oneshot that boss.

Think big. Stack multiple damage-increasing D-Trader items, there's a few different ones.

Let's get this poo poo into six digits.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Those of you that have been messing with custom BGM's, how hard is it for a non-moonspeak fluent person to work with that system?

Idiot-proof. If you have custom BGMs on your PS3 they'll automatically show up at the bottom of the BGM select menu.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Rascyc posted:

Man why did they bother with Dancouga Nova again? Even the Daigard has all new animations (and they all own btw) but poor Dancouga just flapping out there.

It's really weird and out of place, especially next to stuff like Daiguard and Orguss getting brand new animations across the board. Even Kouji got new touches on his attacks like the photons venting during photon beam.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Light Gun Man posted:

Godannar and Pacific Rim together in a game please.

This would be basically perfect.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't even know if she's worth hating, since she's just...it's like she's not even there.

Aquarion EVOL is kind of interesting because it inverts the problem that Aquarion had. Instead of having a likeable main couple and a terrible supporting cast like Aquarion, EVOL has a likeable supporting cast and two unbelievably boring/generic/forgettable cardboard cutouts for the leading pair. This means that the central love triangle is the worst part of the show.

e: I think a good 40% of lines that come out of Amata's mouth include "Mikono-san" at some point, and I think at least half of Mikono's appearances in the story involve her misunderstanding a situation to get mad at Amata for literally no reason, over and over and over again.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Apr 14, 2014

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

Pfft, that's not Andy's amazing digging adventures.

Man, you're right though. LITERALLY everyone in that series, heroes and villains included, is more interesting than the two leads. Even that one black dude whose name I forgot? I remember that his glasses light up for some reason, and that's it. That's enough to make him more interesting than Amata and Mikono.

It's actually pretty amazing how lame Amata/Mikono are, because the series has some pretty impressive stuff in the supporting cast relationships. Andy coming to terms with loving someone for who they are in spite of anime's tendency to play off male/male relationships for laughs or Yunoha coming to terms with Jin's death are both really good.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

I guess you can add me to the list of people who have no idea what they were trying to do with her, other than make a vastly more boring version of Kaname. What's with her name? I looked at her encyclopedia entry hoping to learn but it didn't have a hint.

EVOL spoilers ahead. MIX hates men because of issues stemming from her father basically abandoning their family. Andy is initially attracted to her due to her having enormous anime breasts. She initially rejects him due to her issues, but through a surprisingly decent series of interactions for two side characters in an anime they grow close. MIX gets kidnapped by the bad dudes and taken to their planet, so the Aquarion dudes mount a rescue mission and find out that she's lost her memories and due to whatever the gently caress is wrong with Bad Guy Planet she's also turned into a guy. When Andy finds this out he has a brief moment of Gay Panic about "Oh god if she's a guy now and I'm still crushing what does that make me" before coming to terms with this and deciding that he loves MIX for who they are regardless of their gender. The two of them even combine and help Amata for the final battle with MIX still as a guy. The post-series "one month later" shot shows her having changed back into her female body over time, but it's really rather touching that they would have him decide "I'm going to love you for who you are" rather than "I'm going to find a way to restore your titties so I can go back to loving you".

As for her name, Blame Anime.

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Is the general premise of this games story that all the returning characters lost their memories of the last games?

Looks like it, except Kei from Orguss. When people see something that reminds them of the way the world used to be they seem to get headaches.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

Kira was really freaked out about something, so I guess he'll be the main character again. And surprisingly, I'm not too bothered about that for once.

Despite my intense distaste for Destiny Kira, for the first time ever I was actually pretty amped to see him and Shinn broing it up this time.

Super Robot Wars made me happy to see Destiny Kira. :psyduck:

Rascyc posted:

I'm still only like on like stage 18 or so, but I'm glad to hear this one turned out to be an entire full game. Z2.1 really left me worried.

I'm in the 30s and this is worlds ahead of both Z2 games to me. I also think people who think the animations are lazy are insane and probably need to look at the reanimated Z Gundam or Orguss before slapping themselves.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Dr Pepper posted:

You really shouldn't pay attention to 4chan trolls.

Even the more common complaining about the FMP animations flies over my head because aside from the lovely animations on Sousuke's M9 that he has for like four stages they look fine to me.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Rascyc posted:

I didn't really enjoy it as much as Z2.2 and Z1 and there were quite a few units that just got little for upgrades from what I can remember (I am probably wrong).

They mostly didn't seem to have a finger on how to properly do a two-part game yet, so it felt like they saved too much stuff for Z2.2 so a significant portion of the cast was left half finished(and usually sans upgrades) at the end of part 1. It was very unsatisfying feeling.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Hikarusa posted:

Someone named "Chrono" is mentioned by Char. Could that be Chronicle from Victory Gundam?

I'd be really down for a good F91 and Victory inclusion. Victory hasn't even been in a drat game since D and the last F91 appearance was in Alpha 2, which was Crossbone plot so it doesn't really count.

It would also make a lot more sense to move the UC plotline forward instead of trying to double back and do ZZ, as much as I loving love ZZ.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't even know how I feel about that. It's either progressive as hell or idiotic as hell, I can't really tell.

It's both. Aquarion is at its heart about a love triangle between a gay angel, a bisexual angel, and a straight human woman, after all.

Infinity Gaia posted:

At 130 Will or more:
Gravitational Interference (Amata): Sky movement acquired, Move +1, Sky A rank for all weapons.
Impact Power (Zessica): Damage is multiplied by 1.05.
Despair Vision (Cayenne): Final Hit, Evade and Critical rates increase by 15%.
Hole Digging (Andy):Underground movement acquired, all weapons acquire Barrier Pierce.
Spiritual Performance (Shrade): Own and adjacent teams have their stats increased by 5.
Frailty Power (Moroi): All weapons acquire Armor Down.
Vacuum Filling (MIX): HP Regen (Small) and EN Regen (Small) activate.
Corrosion Power (Sazanka): All enemy units within a 5 space radius have their Will reduced by 2.
Optical Penetration (Yunoha): Double Image (50% rate) acquired.
Binding Power (Mikono): Own team's main pilot recovers 5 SP at the start of the Player Phase.

It's worth noting that past stage 28 or 29 or so Amata's power changes to S ranks and everyone's abilities gain the ability to affect the Aquarion even if they're not the main pilot. You too can have an Aquarion with S Sky rank for all weapons, armor down on everything, and after-image.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

You mean a heterosexual dog, right?

Love Quadrangle.

Prism posted:

I like how clearly we both copied the same thing at different times (or someone copying from one to the other) given they're /sort/ of close, but then the names of a few things are different. Oh well, at least the effects are all correct even if the translations aren't.

Is it just me, or are some of them way better than others? (I'm looking at you Cayenne.)

I was quoting the poster above you. :ssh:

There's a bunch of really good ones(Cayenne, Malloy/Moroi, Andy, Yunoha, Jin, MIX) and a few really awful ones(Sazanka, Shrade, Zessica).

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Phlogistic posted:

It's a barrier, though I'm not sure how much it blocks.

It works exactly like the item, so it reduces damage taken by 1500ish. It's quite excellent to get such a good ability without spending an item slot. Jin's presence also gives the Gepard a rather impressive MAP weapon, so I'm hoping I get him back. I've heard he's saveable but no one knows the conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I love that this game has actual gameplay confirmation that Shinkiro's absolute protection barrier is stronger than a goddamn AT Field.

Geass fanboys indeed.

• Locked thread