Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
It's really only valid in Alpha I think. A little valid in Alpha Gaiden because of things like one of the units in Combattler's parts having Repair module.

And then I guess there's the SRX, but only because each component part is a fully fledged Real in itself.

edit: I'm fairly sure the component parts in Alpha 1 and Alpha Gaiden don't take anything from their main form at all, which makes upgrading those worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

In Kyosuke's case you want to hold off until he gets Trump Card.
Shouldn't you upgrade Revolving Stake instead? That's the attack that's used to calculate the combo attack right?

BlitzBlast posted:

She can use any spirit your party has (at a boosted cost but whatever)
Wow, that's one really old Winkysoft era Spirit Command that hasn't been used since then.

They should bring it back, it would be interesting.

Also darn, I haven't found the time to finish the 2nd game yet for the carry-over bonus.

Getsuya posted:

I just got the Dunbine folks in Alpha. I'd be happy if they never, ever included this series in any other SRW game if only so I never have to see that shocking-pink haired ogress's face again.
You're totally asking for a Max-style Knife fight here, but you do semi get your wish, because Dunbine took a long hiatus from SRW up until recently with OE and UX.

quote:

When I switched his counter all of the sudden the enemy would have 100% chance to hit. The only way to get it back to 0 was to switch him to Evade instead of Counter.
I suspect you accidentally turned on "Defensive Counterattack", which was an Alpha 1-only mechanic (I think, might have been in the older games) where you can take reduced damage and still counterattack but set your Dodge rate to nothing.

While that's totally great for abusing units with Guts, you want to use a regular Counterattack instead if you want to utilize your evasion.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
For Overworld, even if you use some really low-end units, eventually you can grind enough levels for anything to the point where you can solo the map in them.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Mostly suits. That's where most of the "power" lies.

Character sort of helps, but by the time of Overworld, most of the character differentiation has been kind of downplayed so just about any character can learn any skill given enough grinding.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Is it really illegal to sell Touhou products outside of Japan? I mean, the "Super Heroine Wars" game that was brought up earlier in the thread can be brought on the English DLsite and that game seems to contain Touhou characters.

Granted, I haven't actually tried buying it yet, so maybe when I click check-out it'll give me some kind of "this product is not available in your region" message.

edit: VVV
Not talking about Super Heroine Chronicles, which I made the mistake of earlier, the game I'm talking about is literally called Super Heroine Wars.

Davzz fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 22, 2014

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Emuticus posted:

Edit: As a side note, I finally picked up Z3 just now. Gotta wait for it to get here, but for 51 dollars, not a bad deal!
Which place is selling it for that price? I might consider it... or wait until it drops to like current OG:Gaiden price.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

I know what the scrolling background is supposed to represent, but it seriously looks like those trees are just moving.
It's... pretty weird. I think this technique works in 2D sprites to simulate a sense of movement (as opposed to literally believing that two robots are standing still until it's their turn to beat up the opposing party)

But here it just looks like everything is being shot by a drunk cameraman.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

This time they picked...one of the most experienced and dedicated characters, and not the player character. Will wonders never cease?
Sounds like code for "I'm going to tragically die and pass on the torch to the player character"

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Alpha Gaiden actually makes quite a lot of gameplay changes from Alpha 1 and basically codifies a lot of the standard mechanics and "balancing" of SRW games, so it's not really "the same game again" even if it shares a lot of sprites and assets from Alpha 1.

Honestly I would play either that or Z1 over Alpha 2 but since you own all the games already you can play a bit of each for yourself and decide.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Alpha 1's weird in that it doesn't really expect you to get the Skill Points so they aren't really balanced.

That being said, I can't remember what mission that is but I guess if Isamu has learned Double Move and maybe upgraded his MAP attack it might be possible.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Caphi posted:

Verisimilitude, basically. Robots that replace their old versions and aren't said to be built on them (V2, Billbine, RyuKoOh) don't inherit the old versions' upgrades.
There's also probably the fact that since RyuKoOh have way different weapons than Grungust and Alpha 1 does singular weapon upgrades that trying to map how it upgrade carry-overs might be hell.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
I always thought that that Alpha series had some rather odd plotting issues between games because of losing some pretty key licenses.

So far I don't particularly think SRW does sequels very well judging from the current existing games (Alpha, Z, OGs). Having Originals return is really kind of fun but it doesn't really benefit that much from continuity.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Hm, let me try to clarify my stance...

As standalone games where I try to judge them in some sort of vacuum... well, I don't really like Alpha 2 and both Z2 games for reasons, Alpha 3's kind of iffy because the squad's system aged really poorly compared to Z, haven't played 2nd OGs yet but it seems fine enough from what I've heard of it... well, all things considered I think mostly the only sequels I like from SRW are OG2 and Alpha Gaiden.

But judging the game as "sequels", for every interesting thing done with continuity, usually involving the Original plotline and Char's Counterattack (for some reason), I think SRW sequels accentuate a lot of negatives when licensed series are concerned.

1) Weirdness from dropped series. Alpha 2/3 was really bad about this, especially the oddity of UC progression - F91 drops from one game, returns with Crossbone, Victory Gundam drops at the same time... at least it transitioned from Zeta -> CCA properly though. Masoukishin also had some weird dropped plotlines IMO.

And of course, Giant Robo being dropped but that can't be helped.

2) Leaving "plot" from the source material undone to save for future games, which sometimes means really gimpy unit because they're missing their key finishers and what's not (hi Z2)

I've heard that Ibis finally gets her Alpha 2 plot done in 2nd OGs, which is good, because she's like my poster child for this flaw in the OG series. That's like 2 games where you have to put up with her before she finally becomes good!

3) Of course, there's the other end of the spectrum where if you blow all your plot in one game, then in a sequel SRW, you have guys that just kind of sit around and twiddle their thumbs and sometimes be rather outdated power-wise. Is there any real reason for the Stardust Memory to stay around for the whole of Alpha, really? Most of those guys were rather outdated even in Alpha 1!

But of course if you plan in advance to spread it out over multiple games then you have the issue of "what if we run into license issues later on" which I think they learned a painful lesson from in the Alpha series and now they're a little more wary about things.

Then there's also handling it in a manner like the weird re-run of Evangelion from Alpha 1 -> Alpha 3 where we get the Angel fights... again for pretty flimsy reasons!

4) Returning characters being removed seem to make for inherent disappointment even if they already finished their plot and have no real place to go which is a lose-lose situation. Z2-1 did this pretty badly IMO and as much as I love Xabungle it really didn't need to be there. Not really an issue with standalones since you don't really have these kind of expectations then.

5) Really flimsy excuses for power level nerfs bugs me. Of course I know it's for the sake of game balance and suspension of disbelief and all that but I don't know how many times I can eat "X is under repairs so let's use an earlier unit!" or "let's bury Shin Getter for the early game, I've heard that makes it an antique and really raises its market value" or "Yazan, I'm angry at you again and now I'm going to activate my Biosensor! I don't know why I keep forgetting how to do it in between games!"

(I'm fairly certain that happened every game in the Alpha series outside of Gaiden. Which I think is kind of silly for something in the same continuity)

I guess it might be focusing on the negatives and you can argue that it's not like standalone SRWs can't have these flaws, but SRW sequels tends to make them rather noticeable to me.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Getsuya posted:

Is MX good?
Yes, as long as you're playing the PS2 version.

quote:

Alternatively, I'm planning to pick up a New 3DS when they come out next month, so maybe UX would be a good choice? Some reviewers don't seem to like it, mainly due to wonky unit selection apparently, but if it's solid story-wise I wouldn't mind trying it out.
I never played it personally but I've seen a lot of people claim that UX handles the storyline very well, which is a pretty mind-boggling accomplishment considering its series choice.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Getsuya posted:

Edit: Though I am kind of excited to see how Alpha 3 'fixes' the Seed storyline. I was a really big Seed fan back in the day and the thought of an even better version of it hits me in the nostalgia.
Honestly, I think the public opinion, at least on the English side, is that SEED's inclusion in Alpha 3 does the complete opposite - drag the storyline down because it was a corporate decision to shoehorn it into the game despite not fitting the themes and I believe it was a replacement for a series that had lisense issues although I can't quite remember what it was.

Regular SEED has a surprisingly bad track record. I believe it only appears in 3 games - Alpha 3, J and W so covering the other two...

J's not considered the greatest SEED adaptation either.

And W, as has already been said, does it by favoring Astray.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Minmei definitely doesn't improve in any other versions of the Macross story.

I agree that DYRL is one of the best missions in Alpha 1, which is kind of interesting, because going by what I usually like, it isn't particularly a strategically interesting mission, but there's definitely something magically about easily blowing up a bunch of Battleship-type enemies which would generally be huge HP sinks in other missions by sneezing on them while DYRL plays as BG music.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Getsuya posted:

I wonder if they'll hold off on the last Z game until they can put Reconquista in G in it.
Honestly I don't think they'll going to do this for a game that's supposed to be a Grand Finale unless they have a lot of insider info.

quote:

Also why no Gunparade March? Sony should totally have Banpresto throw that in so they can reboot it someday.
SRW has an iffy record with using mecha that originated in a Videogame, it seems. It's basically just Virtual On and Demonbane even after so many entries IIRC.

edit: I mean, how many people remember Gunparade March in terms outside of Muv-Luv comparisons?

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

GimmickMan posted:

Did UX use the anime version of Demonbane? Because if they used the game version then Muv-Luv Alternative has a shot.
The former, although it sort of fixes the problems of the Anime adaptation... which would be that it had a budget of $5 and was edited by a monkey so unless you watched the source material it's extremely unclear as to what is going on.

So... well, the only "Game-only" entry we have so far for SRW is Virtual On...

Gaius Marius posted:

Not to mention if it follow the plot it's gonna end up taking a top tier real pilot like Takeru and stick him in a Super Robot Susanoo right near the end.
I don't really understand why this will be a problem... hybrid characters that are top tier and can do both jobs do exist (see Ryusei's R1 -> SRX). I guess the game could also give you the option of switching him back if you really wanted to...

I guess skill builds? Well, it's a issue with Ryusei back in OG1 and 2 also, isn't it?

Tae posted:

Is there really a "I know this CAN'T be in it" when such previous examples like Patlabor made it in, or even Sgt. Frog?

Would Bamco include a series that was

1) Really terrible
2) Obscure (so SEED Destiny doesn't count, because despite its quality, its brand name got it a bunch of infamy)
3) And to complete the trifecta, let's make it a videogame adaptation as well.

In other words, if Bamco manage to get the license for Mars of Destruction and Skelter Heaven one day (for the price of a ham sandwich, I assume) and include it in a game... well, I can't say I would pre-order a copy of it right away, mostly because I think I would die of laughter during the PV reveal.

Getsuya posted:

I didn't know what to expect going into the finale mission of Alpha, but I certainly wasn't expecting this. I am something like 3 hours in and it's STILL GOING.
Oh man, I remember one-shotting the last boss in Alpha 1 (after developing a bunch of experience with that game.)

Was a pretty good experience compared to the HP sponges we get as "final bosses" nowadays

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
I'll try to help but it's been a long time since I played Alpha 1.

Getsuya posted:

I can't two shot him because he regenerates and it only costs him five energy so he can literally do it all day.
Does he actually have Regen ability on his boss info field or is this cutscene restoration of HP?

If it's the latter, he only does it a couple of times, so you just got to keep reducing it and you'll eventually kill him.

quote:

Edit: Incidentally, I can't get the SRX to combine. I only used it once or twice so I haven't run out of my 10 uses of it yet, but for some reason when I line the three mechs up I can't get the combine option. Am I doing something wrong?
Ok, I'm pretty sure I know the issue if you are very sure you haven't used up all 10 charges, but once the R-Gun joins, it's considered one of the 4 units you need to form the SRX.

Also that particular unit is a very good candidate for one-shotting the last boss.

Be sure to abuse any Daunt users you have

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Onmi posted:

I remember pretty much breezing it after recruiting Ingram.
Ingram's a secret that needs several flags, and if he didn't use an FAQ it's highly unlikely that he'll be able to access that.

But yeah if you can recruit the guy, it's basically a free unit with final boss stats on your team which makes the mission very easy.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Getsuya posted:

I actually did follow a guide, but I'm not sure if I got enough 'Rival Points' in the end. Is there a way to tell right away if it's going to work or not or will you only be able to tell if you go to recruit him and there's no option to talk to him?
Actually, I looked it up again and assuming Akurasu wiki is actually correct, Ingram's recruitment seems pretty trivial and requires you to attack him in two particular stages with either Ryusei or the main character, which is something that probably will be done naturally through the process of those missions.

Then just try to recruit him on the final mission with Ryusei.

And yeah, you don't get to see whether you tripped the flags for secrets, it's always been that way, and I'm not particularly fond of it.

Rival points is for a completely different secret that I assume is not worth the trouble to pursue at all, probably involving Irm.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Gyra_Solune posted:

Lacking a Gundam...
SD Gundam Three Kingdoms.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Although I can't remember how many spirits modern SRW characters have
6 for mains, unless you're a NEO system character, then 4.

I'm less certain about how many spirits Subs get nowadays. 6 always seem a bit too many for units with more than 2 pilots... NEO subs generally have 2 commands

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

KoB posted:

OG and Z have gone down to 5 havent they?
Oh man, seems like it. I haven't played 2nd OGs and Z3 yet so this change eluded me.

In light of that, guess I would remove Attune from Takeru... not sure why he would have that really though it's interesting to have it on a main...

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Getsuya posted:

Why isn't Kiddy Grade in SRW yet??
Were there even some sort of mecha in that anime? I can't remember...

drrockso20 posted:

twenty and twenty two series aren't all that huge, after all Z1 had 20 series, and Impact had 24 so you're still within reasonable limits
I think the thing is that those games were made by a huge company, while at best a fan-game would maybe have like, 4-5 people? Assuming you aren't just going to solo creating the entire thing.

Well, I guess maybe if it somehow explodes in popularity, you might be able to skip the trouble of spriting by waiting until everyone else has done it. That's probably the hardest part... maybe.

Anyway, my particular bad dumb fanfiction idea fan-game that would be made in Eternity currently stands as follows

Setting:
Earth is a post-apoc wasteland mostly ruined by bug alien invasion.
Privileged 1%, important research labs and power bases etc are situated in several "super cities" over the world, ala Innocent DOMES.
Constant fighting in space in order to prevent bug aliens from further entering the earth.

And I'm stealing Eternity's/SRWZ Special Disk set-up, which is that there are essentially 3 mini-campaigns that you play through and then everything comes together in the final one.

Earth Chapter
Gunbuster
Getter Robo Armageddon
008TH MS Team
Xabungle
Macross Frontier (Alto/Michael/Luca team)
*Muv Luv Alternative (Takeru's team)
*MS Igloo

A chapter about most of the ruined Earth doing their best to survive in the post-Apoc wasteland while "building up"

As far as how Gundam is handled, no Zeon or politics here, which is kind of odd but shrug. 008TH MS Team is an "old guard" of outdated units to buy some time for humanity to develop better tech against a combination of Invaders/BETA/Radam. MS Igloo is in because of its "wacky tech development" focus

Gunbuster, MLA and MF are involved in a "military training school" plotline, where they're looking for candidates for the Gunbuster, Valkyrie units are developed as units which can provide Air Support but ground themselves when having to fight Laser BETA and TSFs are rolling out the new XM3 OS.

I'm planning to use Xabungle's Bazaar system to break "canonity" and include a bunch of random units that don't fit into any of the series listed since I don't exactly have to pay liscense costs for them.

Urban Chapter
Giant Robo: The Day The Earth Stood Still
Demonbane (VN version)
Evangelion/Rebuild of Evangelion
*Aoi Umi No Tristia

A chapter set in one of the biggest megacities in the game world.

BIG FIRE and Black Lodge team up to become a super evil organization. Angel attacks means the Evangelion project is rolled out for defense (well, to the public eye. Evil Gendo schemes and all that). This is the chapter of big super robots pounding other giant stuff.

Short summary but essentially this chapter will be an adapted GR's Eye of Voggler plot because well, won't be getting that from Banpresto anytime soon!

Space Chapter
Nadesico
Macross Frontier (Ozma/Canaria/Klan Klan team)
Tekkaman Blade
*Galaxy Angels
*Muv Luv Alternative (Valkyries team)

A chapter set in... well, space, orbiting the Earth.

Mostly an adaptation of the "Nadesico goes to Mars" arc of said Anime. Sent on a scouting mission to collect information that would help further the goal of turning the tide, an expedition force of those series have been formed for the trip.

On Mars they find plenty of bugs and also rescue Ryoma in Black Getter who's been spending the time squashing them

(There used to be a "Fantasy Chapter" including series like Lamune 40, Masoukishin and Dunbine, but I cut it to save work and to be honest I don't really know how to implement it beyond "Hey guys, we came out from like under the Earth and want to actually start doing things now!)

Final Chapter
Everything comes together (somehow!), two mission splits to play.

Split A: Operation Ouka adaptation from MLA.
Split B: Gunbuster + Getter's "let's go blow up some planets" endings.

Final boss/stage is a particular Lovecraftian Elder God fought in an interdimensional void who decided to jump in and intervene personally because humanity is finally winning.

Anyway feel free to mock and stuff.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Getsuya posted:

Edit: I guess since anime is super subjective I should also point out that my preference in anime is non-violent interpersonal drama stuff that has a really good human element which may be counter-intuitive since big robot shows have to have big robots fighting but if knowing that about my tastes can help narrow down the recommendations that would be awesome.
So, more talky talky, less Monster of the Week in your robot anime then?

I think the immediate top of mind Anime would probably be Imagawa's works in the genre.

Tetsujin 28 (2004)
Giant Robo: The Day The Earth Stood Still
Shin Mazinger
G Gundam

Roughly in that order of most philosophizing over robots beating each other up.

As for others I can think of...
Original Macross + DYRL Movie.
Gunbuster
Martian Successor Nadesico (though prepare for an unsatisfying ending if you pursue this path)

And as my random addition - Stellvia of the Universe, which is definitely the most non-violent mecha anime ever because it's written in a very "Shoujo" genre manner.

(It's totally a mecha anime because a piloted robot appears like in the last few episodes)

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Have they released any information on the gameplay features yet?

Like, I know they're using the G Generation system, but I'm fairly certain things like pilot-changing most likely won't be in since it won't make sense for 2 out of the 3 series here.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Race Realists posted:

we're never getting a sequel to super tokusatsu wars, are we? :smith:
It wasn't particularly a financial success, I think.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

TARDISman posted:

His last attack is basically his Final Smash from Super Smash Bros.

But, y'know. Flashier.
An Immeasurable force from the other side of space.
It was infinite Mega Man.

A great war host comprising every Mega Man in creation.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Portable Staplefrog posted:

I know, which is strange since the art style looks like it would have more appeal there...
Just the art style? It doesn't feel that distinctive to me...

The thing about MK series is that the gameplay is really dated. When the remake of the first game came out, I think most people sort of tolerated that because it's meant to be a "faithful" remake per se, but then they stretched it out for 4 games...

Banpre took something that many people were hyped for (the return of MK to SRW) and basically just squandered it for the most part.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

1st Stage Midboss posted:

There's not really a precedent to judge SHG in the franchise, I haven't played any of the previous games but I believe none of them played like it; if you've played a Gundam G Generation game, Super Hero Generation is by the same team with the same type of gameplay.
Yes, that's my opinion too. I believe the old SHG games were "regular" RPGs so this is a departure from the norm of that series.

But I don't think you can use G Generation as a judge either, because I'm pretty sure a bunch of G Gen mechanics aren't going to be in this... unless there's some kind of Ultraman and Kamen Rider evolution system...

Incidentally Ingram and Viletta were originally from that franchise. Weird knowing that considering they're usually connected to the SRX team.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Ethiser posted:

Whose favorite SWR units are the battleship and fighter planes? Macross doesn't count.
Well, if Macross doesn't count, but the Nadesico sure comes to mind...

And Fighter Planes is a bit unfair. They usually don't show up at all. The three I can remember are the generic Jets from OG1, which were good mostly because OG1 is really low-powered, Blue Earth (Tekkaman) from J/W which was good support if you upgraded them and Build Angel (Shin Jeeg) from K/L which was also pretty good.

I don't know, put in high-powered "planes" like Galaxy Angels into SRW and I'm sure they'll get a bunch of fans.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Heck, just have Snake himself as a S unit. You spend money to upgrade him as if he was a mech, but it's just Snake, on foot, destroying mechs.
Just for the record, "Human" sized units are SS sized in SRW - see Iczer and Tekkaman Blade.

Unless Snake is so fat he upgraded himself to S size.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
I think I usually wait for SRW to interest me with a series first, then go watch the series if it seems interesting, but I still drop a bunch of them because things like GGG bored me to death with its MoTW approach which I just can't stand.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wonder, is the Gundam Airmaster the most boring Gundam design ever, or is it just its implementation in SRW?
The implementation, I guess.

Just about everything flies in SRW nowadays, and despite the name I don't think Airmaster ever gets S Rank in Air so it's not like it has a niche there.

It's a unit that move fast but hit like a wet paper bag and isn't really that dodgy so it comes off as pretty boring.

Maybe if SRW had more "capture tactical points" objectives or something.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Alpha Gaiden does have a G-Falcon combined Airmaster.

For some reason it didn't make it into the Z games. Maybe because no one used it so they might as well saved the spriting trouble.

Though the G-Falcon combined Leopard is funny for having some amazingly lovely terrain aptitudes that are worse than the original.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
My Z2-1/Z2-2 experience means I'll probably just play 3-2 and read a summary for 3-1 along the way.

The announcement will probably be a cyclic December thing.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
As much as I like Gunbuster, from what I've seen, I can't say Z3-1's handling of it is particularly stellar. It's like Gunbuster done as set-up for the next game.

Kind of disappointing, I was really hoping for another game since Alpha 1 where it had most of the Anime plot done (except for the part done in Alpha 3) such as the early RX-7 machine periods and stuff like Jung and Sizzler Black.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
I always thought the biggest "this is clearly fake" reactions was to UX, what's with Miku Fei Yan and Demonbane being "see, that's the troll sign there, must be some Miku obsessed fan" and "they're not going to put pr0n in SRW" reasonings.

Hathaway's Flash in Z3-2? On one hand, making Hathaway playable in 3-1 is kind of weird (where was the last time that happened?) and seems to be setting up something... on the other hand, from what I know of that storyline from G Gen, they didn't really set up anything to actually lead into that - the event that would lead to HF's storyline doesn't happen because the character lives whether you recruit her or not.

Unless they pull some kind of off-screen shenangins, the best I can see is turning it into Nu Gundam the 2nd and then giving the Xi Gundam to you sans plot like how they treat CCA for so many games now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Gyra_Solune posted:

if C&Ds would get out and shut things down without having indeed made an entire game, and examine the possibility of some sort of Kickstarter-esque thing
Talking entirely out of my rear end being that I have no law training, you can probably get away with creating an SRW fangame with liscensed series since I doubt most companies will care, but I suppose there are a few that might be sue-happy (cough Macross), I think mostly because it'll probably be known under the SRW name.

But Kickstarter is just going to get you into trouble.

quote:

It'd probably be pretty much an extensive hack of J or something, using a similar engine to that (or possibly K or L instead, DS games are harder to get into though).
Are tools for that games advanced to that point yet anyway?

Anyway, insert SRW Eternity joke here.

• Locked thread