Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I just want ZZ because Judau running around during Unicorn would be amazing. Hell make it Comedy Judau so while Serious UC Drama is going on there's just a robot in the background going all ATAATATATATATATATA on some poor rear end in a top hat.

And yeah, AO is basically a shoe-in because it's a giant reset button that lets them use Rebuild 3.0 without making things massively bleak. And I want Diebuster because I'm not a horrible person.

Mostly I just want the old gang back. I'm hoping Z3.1's exclusions were "We're Good Developers so we were redoing everyone's sprites when the suits wanted something NOW, well we're half-done so let's just make a game out of what we got so far.".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

I feel like the main thing you need to know is that everyone is trapped in the titular Time Prison, and the whole game is Char attempting to fix this. His plan to do this just involves dropping Axis because that's what Char does okay. also because it's a massive singularity

Also the originals are boring.

I thought his entire plan actually hinged on NOT dropping it, the entire prison is basically built around that one decision but Full Frontal screws it up by being an exact copy of him and also a total douchebag. So Char essentially stalls long enough to set up some serious space wizardry.

also CCA is like way way better with Full Frontal as it's villain since he's basically Char Minus Zeta in this game

The originals are pretty dull but that's kinda the game coming to a full stop right before Interesting Things are about to happen to them :(

A good rule of thumb on battleships: Is the battleship's name also the title of the show it's coming from? If no then it's gonna be Pretty Bad 90% of the time.

EDIT: though I only have that one translated CCA stage on Youtube to base all this from, so I could be hilariously wrong :eng99:

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 15, 2014

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"well at least the other robots will get some time put in, it's not like they can redo Gundam animations for the 5th time"

OH HOW WRONG I WAS

game still looks fun besides that, though

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Also pretty sad that 3.0's plot got shafted. I don't really like it but the what if route split would have been AMAZING

Tell Shinji What's Going On
> Be Dicks

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Something dumb I've always wondered: When you're on the moon, does it count as air/ground or space? Y'know, when you can liftoff/land but you're still clearly in space. I've played through several games but am still not really sure.

(also i love that SRW just lets me casually say "yeah y'know when you're having moon wars as you do")

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Thanks for the answers, guess it's always been pretty unclear. To be fair it's really a non-issue until Nadesico (or K's wonky space terrain stuff) shows up. Alright everyone we've hit the moon, better bust out the air frames??

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KoB posted:

All you people hating on SRX/Banpreios and the dumb logo beam must all hate fun because its hilarious.

truth

BlitzBlast posted:

To see if they do his plot better this time?

They did it fine the first time though? Like his emo teen schtick lasts for maybe 9-10 chapters until he comes to terms with the fact that yes, this is happening and no, I still don't want to die so I'd better man up and fight. He also involves himself in the overall plot a good deal more. His battle quotes change from "mid-fight panic attacks" to "YOUR EVIL PLAN ENDS HERE, FIEND". He's pretty great. Also the new Fate remix kicks total rear end.

I am the king of Bad Opinion Mountain, who dares challenge me?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

They really didn't. Toya's plot in J is like a case study in poorly handled or dropped plot threads, with all sorts of interesting stuff getting teased and then either just going nowhere or getting resolved extremely unsatisfyingly.

The kid is literally being brainwashed into becoming his dad and there is zero comment on this.

It's mostly benign though? It seems to just make him a better pilot(though how much is him and how much is the system is up in the air, since his father designed the robot but his reflexes become so good that he starts damaging it because it can't react fast enough) and gives him some random Fury knowledge, the only times it really affects his personality is when he's really, really pissed off at the Fury. I agree it's kind of weird and dropped pretty fast though. I just like him more because of how much character development he has and how drastically his interactions with others and in battle change over the course of the game. Going from "I'm going to Be Sad in the corner of my room" to "hey akito check out my loving sweet robot" is great.

The end of Calvina's arc always kinda baffled me because her grudge is, y'know, actually 100% justified since Al-Van actually did murder her friends and ruin her life.

I cannot sheathe my blade until it has tasted the blood of more Good Opinion Havers.

EDIT:

Fereydun posted:

why isn't gun x sword in srw v

gdi

i need another game where van's character portrait progression is just getting progressively angrier

GxS's absence has been completely inexcusable yes. Van is the best.

Also I love the SRX team and will always deploy them but they really, really need an upgrade. I kinda want to see what Banpreios' individual robots look like since it was made as one big robot in a3, why not do that a game early or something.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 26, 2016

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Also jet boomerang blade weapon things have never done anything for me.

The key to improving these weapons and indeed any weapon is seeing what name Ryusei gives them.

"MEGA SPIN CROSS EDGE" for the huckebein's boomerang is probably my favorite.

On GC's originals: Why they look so blocky is because they're from GC/XO, where units struggle to even move much less attack. But those games had AMAZING music and sweet cut-ins.

NEO showed that 3d SRW was viable though! I mean the animations still weren't the best but they were colorful and way more animated and the tactical side was innovative and extremely fun. And then OE eliminated that goodwill with incredible precision welp.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Hivac posted:

I'm a real big fan of UNLUCKY STAR INSTANT HELL SWORD

This is actually a natural extension of one of her first, the DOUBLE UNLUCKY STAR SWORD

I'm so happy that this is still A Thing.

I'm sad I don't have a ps4 so I can't get in on this action :( I do have a Vita though so I can play V at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I always wondered where that Gespenst pulled it's rad laser-swords from, it always moved too fast for me to really notice before.

• Locked thread