Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Ethiser posted:

They're all alternate pilots for the Evas.

The whole EVAS ARE PEOPLE won't be as much of a shocker with Zentradi around I'd imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

One day I need to read all of those 4koma, that is just hilarious.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Kitfox88 posted:

Haha I missed >TTGL final battle ends incomplete with invaders stopping the battle between Anti-Spiral and TTGL, also a looming Menace of an Emperor(?)

:black101:

Holy poo poo, the crossover I've been longing for :allears: Gonna have to import Z3 sooner rather than later I guess!

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

AradoBalanga posted:

So this is how Z3.1 handles Celestial Being: The Movie.

This is making that awesome Quantum Burst remix even better.

BlitzBlast posted:

You better not be loving with me here Banpresto.

Marida/Puru interactions in Z3-2?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Eternal Volfogg posted:

The BGM's in this game are just too much. Gunbuster with TTGL music is pretty much the :worship:. Jsut started playing and already decided the Original, TTGL, Gunbuster, Shin Getter and Big O will be my Top aces...FUB'ing them asap.

Has anyone uploaded the Gunbuster attack music/animations? I'm assuming it's got Fly High.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why are Klan and Alto doing this "that's -kun to you, forehead boy!" running gag from Akira every time Bonta-kun shows up? Is that something from Macross Frontier or pure SRW?

Did they add more Queadluun-Rea animations, or keep armor Klan from Z-2? Part of me wants to do an all angry girl gimmick run since there's enough candidates in this version. I ask mainly because the new YF-29 animations are slick as hell.

ShiunTouya posted:

I also used Katz in Nu Gundam through Z1.

I'm still hoping that one day they make a big rock sprite for an enemy and kill off Katz with it, regardless of what suit he's currently stuck in.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

BlitzBlast posted:

That sounds incredibly arbitrary.

If you watch the animations you'll learn an entirely new meaning for the word.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Brunom1 posted:

Gaogaigar and Gun x Sword need to be in a game if only for a Hell & Heaven/Inferno y Cielo combined attack.

Bring in Godannar and Legend of Gaiking (Daya's VA might be drat expensive, though...), too, since they haven't had a voiced game, either.

Gunleon needs to be in that that for a true Alpha & Omega special, or something. I would probably start crying blood at the sight of it.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

That Dai-Guard scene is hilarious and also pretty depressing.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

New Masou Kishin game coming this year?

http://gematsu.com/2014/05/masou-kishin-f-coffin-end-announced-playstation-3

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Sweet an engineer characte- oh. Her machine is pretty cool though.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Daler Mehndi posted:

The Buster Beam Slice attack featured in the preview splits a moon in half.

That isn't the strongest attack featured in Diebuster. :getin:

I wonder if you'll get to keep Buster Machine 7 for more than a mission or two because lol

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Dancouga Nova also owns, so there is that.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

HitTheTargets posted:

Hasn't Frontier only been in, like, three or four games? It can't be that bad. It's a bland story, but not overly horrible, right?

It got old when the actual anime ended. Seeing it that many times is worse (though having Basara around makes it better.) Suits are still good though.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Davzz posted:

It wasn't in any game I think.

It's hard to work that episode into a good mission, I suppose. It's not actually a threat, it just has a nuclear reaction or something and they didn't want it to blow up.

It would be weird in any game featuring SEED, for sure.

I enjoyed the Jet Alone episode though, showed how desperate people outside of NERV were and how cartoonishly evil NERV could be at the same time.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ImpAtom posted:

The core Gokaigers were frequently less interesting than the guest stars and they spent most of the show acting like they were trying to be Too Cool For This.

Captain Marvelous WAS Too Cool For This.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Gunleon's new animations are the best, god drat.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Levantine posted:

Waiting for Tengoku has kinda jump started my robot anime backlog and I finally finished Gurren Lagann after mainlining it for two days. I think I'm a better person now. I don't think I've enjoyed a robot show more, period, let alone another anime. It's good and I'm glad I understand it now.

EDIT: is it worth tracking down the movies?

Nah, but you can watch the final fight online or something. The movie just cranks up the volume on the original one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

soon there will be a new Macross series that is not Plus for everyone to rag on for the next 8-10 years, get excited

i like valkyries a lot but i want more of the zentradi suits to be worth using

• Locked thread