Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009

Tobias Grant posted:

I have a question about the Unicorn.

What is it about the Unicorn's Beam Rifle that makes it so powerful?

Its not a beam rifle.

Its a beam magnum :c00lbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

Wastebasket at the End of the World

Rubbish bin of the end of days.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

I just gave it to Shin Getter and gave everything a dose of sunshine every turn :shobon:

I gave mine to Shin Getter as well. The unit's only problem is that its ALL attack is like 80 EN even with E-Save which is solved completely with full EN every turn :v:

Most other units have more reasonable costs for their ALL attacks.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Do you guys think OG will ever give us a Grungust Type-4?

e: playing through Dark Prison just reminded me that the Grungusts are rad is all.

KoB fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 26, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009

Prism posted:

I'm not sure why Strega suddenly gets pop-out knife toes, either.

You can see them behind the feet, they flip forward during combination.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Prism posted:

Well yes, they put them there. I can see that.

The question is why? I'm not sure why this was a design decision. They're not used for anything. Forte Gigas doesn't have any kicking attacks. (Neither does Strega.) They're not laser knives. They do nothing but clog up an already extremely busy design some more.

Forte Gigas also doesnt use the Strega's hand guns (now on the hips) at all either :v:

KoB
May 1, 2009
Gravion is a combination robot in the same way that Dancouger-Big-robot-puts-on-a-hat-and-shoes is kinda not really combined from smaller robots. Its one robot with some accessories slapped on.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kanos posted:

All of the accessories are autonomous units with their own pilots and full functionality, though, it's just that one of them is robot-shaped pre-combination. It's like saying Combattler isn't a combiner because it's composed of random drill cars and poo poo.

I didnt say its not a combiner, Im saying theyre not mutliple robots combining into a larger robot like they were talking about (SRX), theyre more like a single robot that gains armor from the vehicles. Its one main robot that is enhanced from the combination and not multiple robots completely transforming into parts for a larger robot.

Theyre both combiners, just different types.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I played it, it was alright I guess. I cant read Japanese so it might mean more to you.

Its not very difficult and you only get about 8 units at the most and the final boss has stupidly high HP and a ridiculous MAP attack when the rest didn't really post a challenge.

KoB
May 1, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201406/19055285.html

New Famitsu images for Mausoleum of the Apocalypse.

Apparently, someone at Bamco thought Kaguya Nanbu needed competition in the giant tits department.

At least theyre fully covered I suppose :v:

KoB fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 19, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mercury Crusader posted:

I haven't played OG2nd (because I'm one of the few people here that doesn't really care for the originals) but I can answer a few of these.

1. In other games, it's usually a quick way to rotate between "attack/defend/dodge" during a counterattack. You can tell which is which by looking at how many percentages you see on the screen on each option.

2. If an attack is greyed out despite you having enough EN or ammo to use it, it means one of three things:
- That attack is not in range of any valid targets
- That attack is not usable after moving. Attacks labeled with a "P" mean they are post-movement attacks. Anything without it is usually regulated to long range or sniper-like attacks.
- You may need more morale/will to actually use the attack. Most finisher-style attacks require a certain minimum before you can actually use it.

To use this for reference:

Left most section is the weapon name. (Green weapons are equipped weapons. You can swap them between most mechs that arent super robots)

Next will tell you if its an ALL attack (can attack both people in a twin) along with C for combo, generally melee attack that can combo through a bunch of enemies, F which I dont remember what it stands for, but you need an F weapon to participate in maximum breaks, and W which is a modifier on ALL attacks that let you hit both dudes in a twin and then two people in an adjacent twin as well.

Third column are the properties of the weapon, I guess you could say. S inflicts a status effect, P means you can use it post-movement, B means its a beam weapon (some enemies have extra defense against beam weapons and they also dont work as well under water).

4th column is the attack power.
5th is the attack range. 3-8 means you cant attack units that are 1-2 squares next to you.
6th is the bonus accuracy on the attack.
7th is the bonus critical chance on the attack.

In the bottom left here:
The top in the Ammo count/Total ammo
Energy usage (in the picture's case, zero) with the total current energy on the unit in parentheses.
Morale requirement. Blank means no morale requirement, parentheses is your current morale on that unit.

4. When attacking a twin with a twin, its asking if you want to use both your units to attack the main in the twin, or have each unit attack a separate one.

KoB fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 4, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ethiser posted:

My secret dream is that the couple with the baby from the first game show up at the grand finale of the series to save the day.

As long as their mech has sweet mecha dreads I am on board.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

Honestly it'll probably go Touya getting all three of the girls in the same way it worked int J, and Calvina gets jack. And kidnapped at some point.

Hopefully it will work like the Element system to allow you to swap them around.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Davzz posted:

They used to do things like put licensed characters in original units (like... Shapiro in Valsione happened once IIRC), vice versa (Cobray goes through like an MP Nu Gundam, Arado originally started in a Zaku in his game) and sometimes you get licensed characters as final bosses like Kaworu in the Eva-03 instead of having some kind of "super powerful force of nature which is an original creation because using a licensed character in that role would be biased or something" all the time.

Wish we could bring back the craziness of those old days with better gameplay.

Scirroco pilots the Valsion Kai in SRW3 for a certain ending, doesnt he? Shapiro is in SRW4 I think. (Valsione is the lady robot by the way).

KoB
May 1, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

One day, Nadesico will return.

And then everyone will wonder how in the hell Yurika is their top ace by the 25% completion mark.

Everyone talks about how the Nadesico is a beast but it never gets a chance for me when its long side Kaiser, Great Mazinger, Tekkaman, GaoGaiGar, Granteed, etc etc.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Yinlock posted:

I thought his entire plan actually hinged on NOT dropping it, the entire prison is basically built around that one decision but Full Frontal screws it up by being an exact copy of him and also a total douchebag. So Char essentially stalls long enough to set up some serious space wizardry.

also CCA is like way way better with Full Frontal as it's villain since he's basically Char Minus Zeta in this game

Frontal is necessary as the other singularity. Char needs to be Char from Char's Counter Attack to facilitate fixing the space time mumbojumbo, so hes basically dropping Axis as CCA Char would in order to fill his role as the singularity, while simultaneously insuring that Z-BLUE is there to stop him.

Its also hinted that Frontal is actually Char Aznable from a different timeline/dimension/etc.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Tobias Grant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JJ84DHvYHo

Twelve minutes of everyone calling Gadlight an rear end in a top hat.

Char says that he became Char again just to defeat Gadlight and restore the world. I hope he returns to Quattro and Z3-2 gives us the G-Gen Char with Quattro sunglasses, the raddest of Chars.

e: this also makes it sound like the original Singularities are not just Kei and Orson, but also a third (totally Xine/Queen).

KoB fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 29, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009
While theyre fun I kind dont like Tengen Toppa/Chouginga because without the Tag system theyre way less useful than the other units. Being just a special event thing makes this less of a big deal since the shine doesnt have time to wear off.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ShiunTouya posted:

I've never seen this. Do you have a picture around?

I'm so happy we got this Char instead of the movie one. It was amazing when my expectations turned out right.

I cant find one. I saw it on a DS game I think. I believe he showed up in a red Neo Neue Ziel or something and was the CCA Char with slicked back hair/Neo Zeon outfit but with :krad: shades.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I think most people dont care because its just not very good or balanced. Its not at all like the first part of OG2nd if thats what youre thinking.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I'd say that the GBA games are easily ranked reverse chronologically. People are iffy on J but its available to play in english which is cool. J>D>R>A, with A being on the edge of "too old" imo.

For DS, W is largely regarded as the most fun with the best series, even though its probably one of the easiest SRW games to date. I played it literally a dozen times and still love it. K and L are neat at least for the series they put in but can become a bit of a slog.

If youre already at it, definitely play the Alpha series because its practically impossible for me to go back after the quality of life additions in subsequent games.

KoB
May 1, 2009
SRW D is great because for the longest time it was the only one with Getter Robo Armageddon, the Getter with The Best Theme :colbert:

KoB
May 1, 2009

muike posted:

HEATS or Ima Ga Sono Toki Da? Your life depends on this answer.

Theyre both great for different reasons/situations.

HEATS:getin:

KoB
May 1, 2009
My first SRW was 3 with the English patch, long before I was really into mecha anime as a whole. It had Gundam in it :colbert:

"Getta Robo" :japan:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Brunom1 posted:

Still waiting on that Final Obari Special with the Gravions and Dancougas...

They better at least bring some Gainax combo attacks on Z3.2, drat it!

At the very least, Noriko and Simon need a combo kick. Theyre best bros and everything.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Davzz posted:

6 for mains, unless you're a NEO system character, then 4.

I'm less certain about how many spirits Subs get nowadays. 6 always seem a bit too many for units with more than 2 pilots... NEO subs generally have 2 commands

OG and Z have gone down to 5 havent they?

KoB
May 1, 2009
Please dont start posting fan fiction itt.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ryoga posted:

Stop posting fan fiction in my fan fiction game thread!

Only officially sanctioned fan fiction allowed :colbert:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mercury Crusader posted:

No lie, I'll play Super Robot Musou. I'm Part of the Problem.

Me too.

KoB
May 1, 2009
In the original the gundams shrunk, didnt they? Gespenst was supposed to be powerarmor/tokusatsu style wasnt it?

KoB
May 1, 2009

NotALizardman posted:

It was a boring, uninteresting waste of some cool mecha designs. I watched six episodes and had to drop it.

It had a rad hat :v:

KoB
May 1, 2009
In Bamco's latest financials, they said Z3-1 sold 400,000 units which aint too shabby.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

Man there's so much in GBF that was specifically designed to be awesome in SRW though

But really you dont even need the plot, just make it like W were I can buy the suits and slap whoever I want in them.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ethiser posted:

Star Wars and LoGH are both dumb in a game with robots in the titles. Whose favorite SWR units are the battleship and fighter planes? Macross doesn't count.

All the best battleships turn into giant robots too.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

i thought over a hundred new posts meant Z3-2 was announced behind my back but apparently no

Z3 1 was announced over Christmas or something, wasnt it? I bet we'll hear about it next month for another April release.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hikarusa posted:

Unfortunately, Z3-2 can't be released until three years after Evangelion: Final. Please understand.

[laughs]

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rascyc posted:

Did anyone ever get that Dark Prison DLC for OGs2? How exactly does it integrate into the main game? I have a feeling it's just a separate mode that is self-contained and nothing else, which I hope it isn't :(

Its a separate game essentially.

I thought it was decent until the final battle, which just seemed unfair for all my units except the Granzon which was an unstoppable god. Whittling the boss down with just one unit was boring and every other unit would almost instantly die.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Prism posted:

27, I think. The big thing is that you really don't get many characters during it.

Yeah, 30ish. You get maybe 4 full squads by the end.

e: If I remember correctly, the units are (spoilered in case you care):

Granzon
Saphine
The red Grungust
Selena's red Gerstbein thing
two of those brown Cybuster looking Masouki units
The teal Huckebein Mk 2 looking thing
Gespenst Mk2

and assorted guests like the La Gias princess lady, Zezenan's 3 lacky dudes, Mekibos, turban dude for a stage I think, and stuff like that.

KoB fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 13, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rascyc posted:

I think the Gunbuster animations suck other than Buster Beam. Inazuma Kick is just so utterly anti-climatic.

From what I was told, the Gunbuster is half busted from being salvaged from a block of ice with only Noriko in it as a result of one of the quakes. Kazumi is simply not in this dimension, and I want to say Noriko doesn't remember poo poo

But man, Buster Beam is so fuckin good. The dynamic kill on a whole squad is just so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

This game is off to a great start! Aside from playable Esther (who, sadly, looking at her skill list, is most likely going to end up a support character), the Prologue was pretty kick-rear end. Doctor J! :allears:

Any upgrades on her Brasta before he returns carry over to Crow's, so upgrade the poo poo out of her and she stays relevant.

• Locked thread