Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Is RahXephon still in? It's the only robot anime I ever watched.
The series list varies wildly from game to game, it isn't really a 'is it still in' thing.

Though to answer your question, I don't think Rahxephon has been in a game since its debut in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Setsuna is a pokemon, and his name is Gundam.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lostconfused posted:

drat it all! Non battle conversations are still just text boxes with a portrait! :argh:
What exactly do you want? Anything more than that would require a huge amount of budget and time. The fact that dialogue is just talking heads is probably why they can afford to have so much plot in a fanservice crossover game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Daler Mehndi posted:

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about Z2 Saisei Hen. I'm about halfway through the game, and it feels like I could deploy literally anything and still win without problems. Actually that's how I've been deciding on who to deploy, I sort them by level and deploy whoever have the lowest levels.
Honestly, this is a good thing because it lets me get use out of people like Todoh's sidekicks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

What I wanna know is where, when, and why are we still fighting random beastman mooks?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MechaX posted:

Holy loving poo poo that cockpit.

That's just a downright safety hazard!
Her pilot suit is one, too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Uber Spoiler Below, pictures of all the unit head's found in the game. Theres some pretty sweet poo poo in there....

Theres a Trust Char/ Don't Trust Char plot choice around the 40's........Based on the screenshot, i know exactly which one i will be choosing..
Why does Remiel get a full-body sprite? EVA Bias. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yay, my favorite Geass and GL songs are finally in.

Digging the World's End remix.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Brunom1 posted:

Hmm, I didn't know that...

I suppose I could translate it as "Elite Soldier?" to get it closer to that but I can't think of any way to translate 特攻野郎 into something that directly references the A-Team...
'Crack Commando' is a phrase the A-Team intro uses.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sousuke's lambda animations looked pretty drat good in W.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVzWTbVdT_Q

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Holy poo poo yeah. Anyone know what the song playing during 00/Unicorn attacks was?
I think it's one of the Bleach openings, but I'm not sure which one.

EDIT: Or after going through all the Bleach OPs quickly, maybe not. It was definitely the opening to something.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 11, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

I think it's one of the Bleach openings, but I'm not sure which one.

EDIT: Or after going through all the Bleach OPs quickly, maybe not. It was definitely the opening to something.
Okay after further analysis I can tell you the following:

It's definitely a song by UVERworld.

I'm 99% sure it was the opening to something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mandoric posted:

It's CHANGE, isn't it?
poo poo, I saw that in the niconico comments but for some reason I thought they were referencing the Bleach OP. That sounds nothing like that. :v:

Ah well, at least we've solved the mystery.

EDIT: Does GL get fifteen subpilots, or is it just Viral and Simon with the others existing just in voice clips and cut-ins?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

To be fair, SEED mode basically always looks like that. Just look at Lacus's seed-mode cut in.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I was hoping they'd give Celestial Being: The Movie an actual animation. :smith:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The rarity of Hot Blood/Soul in this is pretty odd although Maximum Break makes up for a lot of it. Asuka doesn't get either, although she's admittedly Rebuild Asuka and not classic flavor.
Does Kallen still get both? It was redundant gameplay-wise but it was pitch perfect characterization through gameplay.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I was thinking Love Bonus might increase it even more, but if she has a love bonus with Lelouch, it's definitely only one way. :smith:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There better be a secret to keep him alive. Unless he didn't actually die there at the end.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tori no Uta is as good a reason as any.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Star Driver seriously needs to be added yesterday. Or do you not want to be the galactic pretty boy?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't even know how I feel about that. It's either progressive as hell or idiotic as hell, I can't really tell.
a summary of Aquarion in general.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well, it's better than the Aquarion was in Z2. Admittedly I didn't experiment with it much, but was there any point to the non-default set-ups whatsoever?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gundam AGE? :v:

EDIT: Also, I was gonna give everyone songs that their VAs had sung, but lack of Lunamaria to give Platinum to has made me not care enough to.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 15, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, if a dodgy pilot gets Invincible then they're drat near, well, invincible. Suzaku went entire stages in Z2.2 without getting his invincible knocked off.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Prism posted:

Doesn't being so big give them a hit penalty? Or are most of the enemies large enough/slow enough that it doesn't matter and the damage scaling is more important?
Most of them have Strike.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

or the times I've ordered something and had nothing arrive.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Gunbuster is post-series. Noriko says she is from 12,000 years in the past and she herself is not entirely clear what happened after the Black Hole Bomb went off.
I read something about them dropping hints about Diebuster being in the next game: can you confirm/deny? Is it just a wink wink/nudge nudge reference to it or does it seem like it has an actual chance of happening? I want to set everyone's music to Groovin' Magic.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

groovin' magic! :woop:

Thanks for that, ImpAtom. You are the Best Poster.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

G Gundam, Nadesico, and Tekkaman Blade are the ones that come to mind for me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TARDISman posted:

I really want Nadesico to come back and this would be the best time to introduce the series, right when the Z series is ending so we don't have to deal with Prince of Darkness or anything like that. Other than that, I guess Zeorymer, just so we can get all the hilariously broken super robots in one game.
Honestly, I thought W made Prince of Darkness pretty okay.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Has Escaflowne been in any SRW before? Because was an amazing soundtrack with a pretty good series that went with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEDdJoITOmc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

How do they handle the Spiral Labyrinth?

Wow, this made me just think that Gundam Build Fighters is one.
Shinji's Spiral Labyrinth is Girlfriend of Steel.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Is Zero's still as busted as it was in Z2.2?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Nope. He gives free PP now so it's pretty strong but in a kind of boring way.
Wait, if Zero gives free PP, does Watta still give free PP? Because if so I'm just gonna toss them both in the same squad and call it the moral support brigade.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You want units that got completely shafted, look at the Mordred and Tristan in Z2.2. Anya's animations are bland as gently caress and Gino's are actively terrible, and they each have 2 attacks total. The Sutherland Sieg and Vincent weren't exactly awe-inspiring either.

At least you can get Gino up to like 20 move for shits.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there some reason I can't find the actual opening to Aquarion Evol on Youtube, just the song? Is Youtube or the publisher clamping down on that or something? Are my search terms ("aquarion evol opening") wrong?
Youtube's been getting pretty tight-assed about anime openings lately, weirdly.

http://vimeo.com/72054834

Here it is on vimeo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think the reason for the unmarked spoilers is most people here can't read Japanese, so they just look up all the plot the moment the game comes out since it's not like they'd understand it as they played through it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Black Getter has Hayato and Benkei as subpilots in Z2.2, yeah. I'm pretty sure the game has a throwaway line about remodeling it so that Hayato and Benkei can handle the same stuff they usually do when they're in Getter-1.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wing had a decent showing in Z2, storywise. Esther and Crowe were both good friends with Duo, and Heero had a lot of interactions with Lelouch and Setsuna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Preserve the status quo and save Area 11 from Zero! Terrorism is bad! Hail Britannia :britain:!
No joke, a game where Suzaku/Anya/Gino were on your side to start with and Zero only joined at the tail end of the game could work. Of course, it'd have to be paired with the right shows.

And then you could have Orange join you at the start of the game and then disappear and reappear throughout the game, each time more over-the-top and each time with a stupider mech.

• Locked thread