Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Hey guys, got a question about DLC for Z3.1 and Z3.2. I can't recall if this was covered in the thread.

I (finally) made a Japanese PSN account to redeem my Rengoku-hen code, but only on PS3 since I use a NA account as my main one. And I redeemed the SRW HD one that game with Z3.1, but that also gave me that First Print Suzune DLC.

I got both Z3.1 and Z3.2 on both PS3 and PS Vita (physical), so say if I get the DLC on PS3 and play the DLC on the PS3, will the save still work on the PS Vita? I understand that you just get bonus items at the end of the scenarios, but it doesn't flag anything like this save requires DLC now or something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I started playing 2ndOG and I was wondering if using the auto twinning settings (Basic or Balance) is good enough? Also, is there ever a reason not to have units twinned at the start of a mission? I'm only 4 missions, but this aspect is the one I'm right now mildly scratching my head about.

Z2 and Z3 are my only prior exposures to SRW and in Z3 I just paired up units how I wanted to, but in 2ndOG I don't really know the characters/mecha so I'm not sure how to twin them.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Can someone explain to me why Miku Fei Yen isn't using Miku's voice.

It is Miku's voice actress, though. Just not sampled Saki Fujita. Probably easier to have her talk into a microphone instead of someone doing all the lines on the computer.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Aww, no Hathaway's Flash. No Xi Gundam then. :(

Edit: Oh it says and more.

ZuljinRaynor fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 17, 2015

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
So (assuming no NA release) what are the chances Gundam Breaker 3 has any worthwhile DLC? I only have a NA and JP account and don't want to have a third account if I don't need to have it.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
So I'm going through Z3.1 for a fourth time (because I'm dumb and want to clear it five times before finally starting Z3.2) and I still can't for the life of me figure out how to manage Tag Tension after spending it to get another action. On Akurasu it says that you can raise it when "a unit within the Team destroys 2 or more enemy units" or "a pilot within the Team levels up" but I feel like this isn't the case always. Sometimes I just kill the two units and it's still 2 stars afterwards and other times its 0 or 1. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention. Is there something else that affects it?

Riddhe (ReZEL) and Hathaway (Re-GZ) went around and I could kill like 4 teams with them before I only had one star (and as far as I can remember they didn't both level up every time, I know Hathaway did and I always killed two teams), but Amuro in Zeta and Banagher could only kill one team before their tag tension was just one star. I want to feed Amuro kills finally. I barely used him my first two playthroughs since I did the Gundam routes in my third playthrough. Instead I just get annoyed that I can't feed Amuro the kills so I just have Heero walk around and Rolling Buster Rifle everyone and oh look map finished in one turn.

When I get Noriko, I pair her with Suzaku (because who ever goes with Noriko is someone who's barely gonna get any kills and Suzaku the the character I like the most out of the ones I like the least) who I just throw the Tension Raiser on, and then pretty much just clear the map with Buster Beams but from time to time I do split attacks and it still lets me keep doing extra actions (on Stage 59 I pretty much do this to kill all the SMTC and Invaders and pad Noriko's kill count).

ZuljinRaynor fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 16, 2016

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Hokuto posted:

It's kills and level-ups. You want to pair your ultra killer move chainer with a lowbie to get more guaranteed stars.

EthanSteele posted:

I am 100% certain its not kills per person it's kills for the whole team. If you do a split attack and that wipes out an enemy twin thats +1 star because your twin wiped out the enemy twin, if one person levels up thats +1 star so without a Tension Raiser you can do Noriko + lowest level dude and wipe the map if you kill the enemy twin and the lowbie levels up each time, or with a Tension Raiser all you have to do is kill both members of the enemy twin in any fashion at all to get 2 stars and chain it for the entire map.

Okay, thanks. How does it work for the big solo units (battleship-like enemies or bosses). Will you only gain tension if you level up?

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
If Hathaway's Flash is unit only, that means all we get is the RX-105 Xi Gundam? No Penelope? Will we get その名はマフティー・ナビーユ・エリン for Xi Gundam? (Though I guess it doesn't matter if there is custom BGM support again). I mean, they have Hathaway as Hathaway in that video instead of マフティー. Also, do we have an official translation for this name? Is it Mafty or Mufti or who knows?

Willo567 posted:

This kinda feels like a lackluster way to celebrate SRW's 25th anniversary

Most of the series here seem to be reused from Z3, which shouldn't be the case seeing how it's not supposed to be a continuation of the Z saga

Why couldn't they use New Getter Robo, Mazinkaiser (Although seeing ZERO was cool), or the Evangelion TV series?

Also, there seems to be a lack of Supers, I feel. The cast seems to be dominated by real robots, which is where most of the new debuts come from

I honestly would like to have both Shin Getter Robo and New Getter Robo in one game because I would love those two bat poo poo crazy Ryouma's going at each other. It would be fun.

And it would be nice to have TV Eva again. (It came out on Blu-Ray almost a year ago). Though, like with Shin Getter Robo and New Getter Robo, I would like to see characters from TV Eva and Rebuild interacting too since they have different personalities.

I'm sad there is no Gunbuster. :(

Edit: Also, shame no Beltorchika's Children. Would be nice to have some Hi-Nu and Nightingale as upgrades for CCA stuff as they sometimes do in these things.

ZuljinRaynor fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 4, 2016

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
So is Extreme VS Force (NA) coming out tomorrow? I assume it will show up on the PSN store at midnight or has anything changed?

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Policenaut posted:

Remember SD Gundam G Generation Genesis? Well, it's still coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK56tVMXuQw

They cancelled the PS3 version and the Vita version is somehow coming out on two cartridges.

Looks cool. I haven't played the previous ones so I don't know if there is a history to this, but what is the chance Sayla is a character that you can put in an MS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Everyone ever can be a pilot of any MS or MA ever, unless things have changed. Wanna put Mirai in the Devil Gundam and wreck the world? Go right ahead!

edit: or have 0079 Bright, 0087 Bright and 0093 Bright all in Balls fighting side by side. G Gen is a free-form SRPG like Disgaea where the goal of the game is to break the game. Some people like that better than SRW's rigid story driven nature. I don't, but it's still fun sometimes.

ImpAtom posted:

100%.

Pretty much anyone can be put into a robot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puOP8-tnQoE

Thanks for the replies. Sounds great. :D

I've seen stuff like the God Finger done by everyone but I didn't know these games short change some of the characters or not.

Now just to get a PS4.

• Locked thread