Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I hope they release an OST for Z3.

I also hope they have good music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

So I take it that the new PS3/Vita game would be the best jumping on point if I've never played one of these games before (apart from like a translated ROM of one of the SNES ones)?

If you don't care about the story, it'll probably be as good a point as any other SRW.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

So no Impulse Gundam? Darn.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hokuto posted:

It's even more sad sad when considering that this is the only remotely strong and engaging female lead Banpresto has produced on a console SRW.

[timg]

Doesn't Kusuha count? (OGs interpretation of her character aside.)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Aesthetics-based spoilers:

Whoever designed the cockpit of the Geminion (sp?) is out of his/her drat mind.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Guren Seiten: Everything is Radiation Wave.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Minor plot spoilers;

Sosuke, Heero and Chirico meet up.

"..."
"..."
"..."

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Bigger plot spoilers:

Sphere based on Gemini is 'The Quarreling Twins' which implies that whoever uses that sphere (or both halves of the sphere?) is doomed to forever fight each other.

Supporting that idea, there's a hobo-looking dude pilotign a machine called the 'Gemina.'

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

I do not get why on earth any pilot is ever given both.

Like, if you have Soul there's no reason to use Valor.

The obvious answer is to let them stack.

But nooooooo...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Based on /m/ threads there appears to be a paucity of secrets.

And some strange cast cuts.

No Athrun or Luna, apparently.

HOWEVER!

Major Endgame Spoilers

Route split where you decide whether or not to trust Char on something.

What reason could we possibly have to be suspicious of that fine young man?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Can you set Custom Music to each attack?

Apparently not.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Just got the game too, and does anyone else find the FMP units' animation kinda janky? It's like they're stiff or missing frames or something.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Stage 57 Spoilers:

Char vs Full Frontal slapfight!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Rascyc posted:

If it follows the anime then no. She's basically a human database for lost technology.

Oh I guess you have watched it, hah. Yeah I dislike her as a character too.

Since it's in the Z series, I'm going to guess Whisperers tie into the Black Knowledge.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

Also, any sign of Beyond the Time in the game so far?

It's in.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Remember when we learned Multi-Action was moved to needing to build up a gauge first we thought Banpresto was trying to balance the game?

Hahahahaha

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Well, I've seen the Genion GAI's attack reel and I take bad everything dismissive or bad I ever said about this machine.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

Is it a video somewhere? I haven't found an all weapons attack video for it on either youtube or nico.

SPOILERS for a major lategame antagonist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G45iE3NNiW8

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The running theory is that he's pissed that Kamille gets to hang out with all his friends while he's stuck with Jesus and no Luna.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Broken Loose posted:

So, do you just keep TTGL even after the Anti-Spiral battle?

Nope.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The music is 'Mobile Suit' from Gundam Unicorn. It's ingame music.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Man, a lot of pointless moeblobs (I think I am using that term right) have come and gone through SRW, but the female lead from Aquarion Evol seems to take the cake. She just looks completely hopeless as far as ever turning into anything at all.

Everybody loving hates Mikono, so feel free to join us.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

What's her Ace Bonus?

Shares her 'Element Power' with the entire allied team.

I think it's SP Regen.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Did Z3 change EVOL's plot at all? Considering how Z1 used Aquarion, it'd be really awkward if it didn't.

From what I can tell:

The plot of Z1 Aquarion and its relation to EVOL is quickly shoved into a corner by way of Time Prisons and no one remembering Z1 Aquarion anyway.

As for changing EVOL's plot:

Kagura and Zessica get more interaction so their hookup at the end doesn't appear to come totally out of left field. Jin survives and is not stuffed into a frog. That's about it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Kanos posted:

Looks like it, except Kei from Orguss. When people see something that reminds them of the way the world used to be they seem to get headaches.

To expand on this:

When Kei first runs into the group, everyone at first comments that the Orguss looks familiar before they remember him. Kei, meanwhile, looks at the Aquarion from EVOL and is about to greet Apollo when he gets a headache. After that headache passes he doesn't recognize the Aquarion anymore.

Several people, like Char, appear to realize that there is something deeply wrong with the world as is, even if they don't remember specifics.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Speaking of Kei, I loving love this guy to death, but did they need to add that girl and her shrill voice to the mix to almost every single attack ahhhhhhhh

The ultimate kicker was doing his ALL attack and she's in the cut-in for the dynamic kill so I know she's never going away.

At least it's not as bad as Mokyuun.

Nothing is as bad as Mokyuuun.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

There are some animations that are definitely off, and it's not just the FMP units. (Off the top of my head, both Dancouga and Mazinger Z have some questionable work.)

But that's par for the course with so many people working on these games; not everything is going to be Nu Gundam.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

-Troika- posted:

Can someone explain why CCA even happens in this?

Big spoilers:

Char realizes something is wrong with the world as-is and wants to purposefully engineer an Axis Shock in order to free the world from the illusion/Time Prison deal.

Haman and Full Frontal don't know anything about this and genuinely think ramming a giant asteroid into earth is a good idea, because souls bound by gravity blah blah blah, so Char is basically conning them to get what he wants.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Rascyc posted:

When does this choice come up?

Just before Bardiel.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

TheManSeries posted:

Was that just original Z? I read there was something else that happened in Z3, and due to being in week two of learning Japanese, I can understand a thing.

Based on what I saw, Big O in Z3 is supposed to represent what happens when you end up Time Prison'd or along those lines.

Note that my Japanese isn't so hot so I might have misinterpreted things rather badly.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

SRWZ3-1 sold 270K across both versions in its first week in Japan (Breakdown is 142K for PS3 and 128K for Vita).

For comparison SRWZ2-1 sold 307K in its first week and SRWZ2-2 sold 265K in its first week.

None of these numbers take digital sales into account.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 16, 2014

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

RX-0 is fantastic and they really hit it out of the park with that track.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Kanos posted:

They really should have if only because the first half of the game suffers from a horrific drought of non-poo poo mobile suits to spread among your pilots. The Delta Plus is really good and the ReGZ is competent enough in a support role but the ReZELs are the best of what you've got left and man they're not very good.

Well you get the Destiny (without it's best attack or Shinn's SEED mode) and a gimped Unicorn pretty early too!

... Yeah, the Gundam route is probably the hardest of the three earlygame route splits.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Son Ryo posted:

Haha, what? Do they give any justification for that or does he just not have it when you get him and they act like he's getting it for the first time later?

I wasn't paying much attention but I think they just handwaved it with Shinn not being able to concetrate or something.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It's better than Universal Bunny at least.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

More importantly, it's better than Aimo...is that song still in Z3.1? I can't handle hearing it for the billionth time.

All indications are that Aimo is not in this game.

I would've liked to see that ominous remix they did once, though. I think it was called Aimo O.C.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The portraits in general for Z3 are fantastic.

I think Mechanical Saviour has ripped all of them if you want to take a closer look.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Shinn's Spiral Labyrinth is unaltered Gundam Seed Destiny.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Lurking in the depths of the portraits is this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Maybe their users had already died somewhere else.

So when Asakim got tossed into the ZONE he was like 'Oh, sweet. Free Spheres."

• Locked thread