Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Race Realists posted:

When I made the decision to edit my videos a year back (so as not to, you know, have people sit though dozens of videos of the same loving stage) i got so much poo poo.

Does it make me a bad person to speed up my videos? Do srw fans REALLY want dozens of videos of the same loving stage?

Were you the guy who tried to LP Z2.2? The one with the really slick videos? Because if you were I think you got flack not for the videos, but because A: there was a Z2.1 lp going on that would likely be spoiled, and B: because there wasn't very much besides the videos, other than stage intros. It lost out on part of the magic by not directly showing the plot during the stage (the one I saw LPed), and was totally lacking in the actuall gameplay bits.

I'm not sure, but I think I saw one of your videos of the 00 finale, and while Celestial Being in Dancougar Nova was funny and fairly slick, it wasn't actually representative of the game. It was more Machinima, very well done but not true to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Ethiser posted:

Heck cheat the hell out of the main file. Its not like there are any skill points or anything. Just make it so you get all the secrets and give yourself enough money so you can upgrade whatever units people want you to use.

Finish up with exhibition mode by cheating the hell out of everything. Great Zeo with Mazinpower, Instinct, and super/hyper mode anyone?
:getin:

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Kinda silly, but I hope if they bring back Original Aquarion for Z3.2 the intro for it is a theater showing of Legend of Aquaria/Aquarius/whatever theat dumb movie from EVOL is, with the original cast just mocking it Pierre flicking popcorn, etc. Because you know that they totally would just find it kinda hillarious, cheesy or in the case of Sirius, really ugly.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Endorph posted:

You can get him as a secret unit in the last map by fulfilling certain conditions, I believe.

You get him automatically on the last map, but he only survives the post battle scene if you haven't paired Touya up with anyone, or alternately he survives if you use Calvina, no strings attatched.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Ethiser posted:

I just wish we'd get a combo Satellite Cannon Attack with X and Double X. If Mazinger and Great Mazinger get like 6 combo attacks they can give the Gundams one.

I think there was one in R. I also remember seeing an attack video showing the DX and like 8 G-Bits firing Satellite Cannons at the same time. Now wouldn't those be amazing to see in Hd, or at least in a game with graphics more advanced than R.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Fereydun posted:

Look, let's just put Armored Core: For Answer and Last Raven units in and call it a day, alright?

Banpresto has already collaborated with Fromsoft before!

(also make nineball recruitable with this portrait )

Hell its easy to justify why AC units would be on your team, your guys are just paying them enough. You would probably also recruit a bunch of the fan favorites in terms of enemy ACs/NEXTs, probably tfor much the same reason.

Also, something Like Motherwill would be really loving cool to see in SRW.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So, I was in a bit of a Gunbuster/Diebuster mood in part because Diebuster is showing up in Z3.2. I ended up coming across, amazingly, an English cover of Groovin Magic by someone who can actually sing. Its actually quite good.

ImpAtom posted:

I believe it is in SRWJ where Yzak equips a Beam Coat on Duel Gundam actually.

Also, I'm pretty sure Arthrun has the strongest anti-beam barrier in the game when you take him on for the final time in J. Of course, it seems there are quirks to the engine, and IIRC, moves like Photon Beam, which is a beam with out the (B) mark pierces both types of barrier.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I like Touya, even if he's generic. Especially since his growing out of the 'I don't want to fight' phase comes at stage 10, which, amusingly enough, is just after you get the SEED folk for a few stages. I kind of imagine it as him looking at Kira, figuring out he's just as bad, before realizing he has a giant robot, three attractive women his age who are going to spend pretty much all their time with him, and no real reason to mope, since he doesn't have anything to really go back to, and basically going 'Yeah, I can live with this.'

Basically because he's Kira until you get Kira, then he's all 'gently caress that noise'

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

MechaX posted:

That is why I do not regret getting the Great Zeorymer in J for anything.

Typically, I would just park it at the starting point and have the rest of my units take care of the enemies. When reinforcements would inevitably spawn in the clear opposite direction, they instead were greeted by Great Zeorymer.

I don't think anyone even scratched its paint-job until the final mission.

I will admit, I savescummed to make it happen, but I made sure that every single time the druggies from J showed up they started in range of GZ. They'd each get hit once before the Great Hades wiped em all out. I like to imagine if it were animated they would show up, spew some bullshit before trailing off in terror while their Gundams started shaking in fear.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Endorph posted:

the final boss of j is pretty much just 'i want to kill humanity because reasons'

cool theme though

Pretty sure the reason was 'We called dibs on this planet before you monkeys were even microbes! Git off our lawn, ya varmints :bahgawd:!'

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

GodofDiscord posted:

On the new Aquarion: Nope nope nope. The characters look like poo poo, the mech seems like a real, and instead of three people, it's just two? That's.. boring. I don't have high hopes for this new installment into the Aquarion franchise.
Glad I'm not alone in this sentiment. The characters look dull and generic, and whe they were showing the Vectors/combination scenes I was basically thinking 'where's the Luna? Aquarion is nearly defined by being a three part mech, where the hell is the third part?'

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Libra, so while debt problems are kinda bad the sniper alliance is kinda cool, and I actually kinda like the themes/LiBrasta.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I'm surprised that SEED Destiny isn't in, if only because Kio and Kira being on the same team seems like a natural thing, but I guess that'll be in the next non-OG game.

Also cover Nadesico, because who needs more than three attacks to kill absolutely everything?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Hey, did you ever wonder what a live action Gundam thing made in the west would be like? No?

Too Bad. Featuring the Federation equivalent to the Zaku Tank, Gundam Tank. The game was apparently localized for Japan with bad kung-fu movie level voice to action editing.

:wtc: is all I could think of when I found out this was a thing that existed.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

ShiunTouya posted:

Scans:

Leonisis Haga: An upgraded Lionisis. Specializes in high speed melee combat.

Leonisis Vaga: Same frame as Lionisis Haga. Specializes in high speed ranged combat.

Fu=Lu Muru: Hunting Touya's unit. Her Raftcranz Faunea specializes in ranged combat.

The first print edition for ps4 is coming with a picture drama blu-ray and the soundtrack.

So, are the Leonisis units new OGs or did they come from a game I don't know about? 'cause I can't remember hearing anything about them before.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
...What system(s) is V coming out on? I know I need to get a PS4 between MD and GE2 being translated (though GE2 is apparently going on stem, holy poo poo), but I want know whether I'm also getting a Vita. Because I really really want SRW that much.

E: PS4 it is then.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Eh, its like 90% legible from what I've seen. Rough edges do very much exist, but gently caress it, SRW in English for the first time since the GBA (EF doesn't count). If I can follow most of the plot without having to do a triple take I'm happy.

• Locked thread