Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It doesn't have an i-field because Char considers it cheating, iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So playing Z2.2, SR points aren't tied to any story stuff, right? Because SR 16 is making me quit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean, isn't Basara like a top 3 unit in every single game he's appeared in?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The 2nd best MAPer in Z1 is probably Loran with Moonlight Butterfly, because he can instant-morale himself (also Moonlight Butterfly is bonkers).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Eternal got a lot better when it got team attacks and innate EN recovery that was basically a super robot.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Speaking of lack of hit and away, playing z2.2 made me HATE Tiera and Lockon. Like, of all the people you don't give Hit and Away, you don't give it to the heavy artillery and Sniper but give it to the extremely mobile Aerial transformer???

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

G-Gundam, come on why are they avoid this so hard.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's dumb that the Titans of all things still exist by Z3, which is basically beyond Alpha 3 in terms of power level.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I think when I finally got it I gave it to Kallen so she could Radiation Wave the entire map every turn and do it again next turn.

Post-move MAP weapon, what the gently caress were they thinking.

This series started with Nirvash in Z1, they were going for broke from the start.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

That reminds me, Z2 and 3 had basically no boob bounce cutins, right? And there's no indication that there are here either. Is that totally in the past for Banpresto now? Even with a character who looks like that?

edit: Z1 had more than ever, though.

Are you blocking yoko from your mind?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kou needs the Loran treatment of getting superior spells to have any advantage over the Newtypes. Loran having +30 will equipped with SP Regen is probably the only reason why I still had him piloting the Turn-A in Z, because having instant MAP's were so important in the 2nd half of the game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I always think Getter is useless, personally. Too expensive for its attacks and pretty fragile for a Super. The only exception was Getter 2 in A because you can stack the 30% dodge modifier, basically making it my MVP.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Supers also got screwed because Alpha 1 was the last game to have a W turn system, which at a certain level you effectively have two turns every turn.

Except reals learn it about 20 levels sooner than Supers, so Macross units for example see it WAY sooner than say Gunbuster.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fixing Unicorn's ending will be cake compared to when Eureka AO is introduced, because gently caress AO.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

TARDISman posted:

I personally think most of Fumoffu is incredibly important to FMP overall since it emphasizes the bonds that Sousuke's building in high school that end up causing the internal conflicts between Sousuke the student and Sousuke the mercenary.

Too bad we'll never get to the part where his entire team is killed off and he has to legit make that choice.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Gaiden is pretty much standalone outside of a couple references in 2, but the gameplay is sorta not like 1. They removed the W system, things cost differently in energy/ammo, and generally 99% of missions take place on the ground so suits like the Nu are basically dogshit.

Gaiden is also interesting in that it's a very linear game compared to the other Alpha games. No Original protag, and no major True Ending thing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You basically do most of Destiny's plot in Z1, how the hell are they still doing story stuff with it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

D also had Basara, which automatically made it a top 10 broken game in SRW.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

By macross books, you don't mean the robotech novels right?

Minmei has a little more reason to be bitchy in the DYRL storyline, since she was basically isolated with giant aliens for probably months, and her loyalty to Hikaru was rewarded with "oh by the way, I like Misa."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think it may be the first divorced couple in mecha anime? I can't even remember the last time two pilots were separated (that wasn't death).

edit: Also Robotech killed the SDF crew for no reason and made Hikaru/Rick Hunter a war criminal, so gently caress Robotech

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Do we actually ever see this, or do we just know how they feel about each other and that's that? I mean, that's a more realistic portrayal of romance than the usual anime romance as well, anyway...

They're a known couple, had a backstory on how they met and ended up with each other, and Roy died in Claudia's place as she was cooking dinner.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

They've made a bunch of games Vita and PS3 both, is that harder or easier than developing for the PS3 and PS4?

The ps4 from what I heard is a lot easier to develop for, but at this point the PS3 and Vita have a much larger install base in Japan that it isn't worth developing next gen.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

I sure hope it at least retains a PS3 version for Z3.2. I have nowhere near enough money to spring for a PS4 or Vita at the moment, and it'd be obnoxious to miss out on the conclusion of a 5-game series because of it.

"It works for kingdom hearts!"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I meant that Kingdom Hearts entire game collection is canon and referenced in the next game. KH went from ps2, GBA, ps2, mobile, DS, PSP, 3DS, and eventually PS4.

Or if you go just by re-releases to simplify it, ps2, ps2, ps3, ps3, ps4.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is there really a "I know this CAN'T be in it" when such previous examples like Patlabor made it in, or even Sgt. Frog?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only one that everyone wants but won't happen is Transformers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Basically Alpha 1 didn't have the capacity to do large HP pools, so what they did was give opponents multiple regeneration scripts as a replacement. You can bypass the thing for some reason if you can deal enough damage in one shot.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fereydun posted:

Ignore AO though. Ignore AO like the bastard cash-in poo poo-child it is.

I wish it was just a cash-in because it would probably be just like an army of Nirvashes clashing at each other to exploit toys.

No, it was so much worse than that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I like Star Wars as much as the next guy, but what units would the have? X-wings and TIE fighters and poo poo? If were talking about fantasy lists, then obviously Transformers would be the ultimate series to get added

Also if you dont think Build Fighters wouldnt be amazing in SRW, then we cant be friends :colbert:

Star Wars has like a billion ship types, and they would be the perfect grunt enemy types.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Patlabor is in SRW, how is Front Mission less realistic to get in because of power reasons?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I thought the director of Geass said a lot of the R2 problems came from a later time-slot and the execs wanting a reboot-esque beginning, which was why the 1st half was basically an origin story again.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I don't think there's been a single split season show which has been better off for it.

What about FMP?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've been playing SRW games with Gundam X in it for a while now and I wonder, is the Gundam Airmaster the most boring Gundam design ever, or is it just its implementation in SRW?

How is a transformer boring that dual-wields rifles boring? It's a bland unit in SRW because it's not The Main Character in X.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Those are great series to gratify fixing. I want every single character to punch the AO villain in the face.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

People keep mentioning the sodomy because they just watch the 1st episodes, but there's worse and more gross stuff than that beyond.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean, Persona 4 released on the PS2 2 years after the PS3 existed so there's been delays to new generation before.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, I know what game DOESN'T look good on a big screen, and that's Valkyria Chronicles 3. Maybe most other 3d PSP games too, but I actually don't have very many of those.

VC3 looks great on PPSSPP but that's because that emulator allows like 16x AA and basically all the bells and whistles that make it like low-power PS3 at times.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I want the ability to murder Eureka 7 AO. Like, everything about it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

That doesn't make sense to disown ZZ when it's a big reason why Char's Counterattack is the way it is (and keep using the CC storyline).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Aren't they still using that dead guy's voice for Daitarn 3, or did I miss a replacement.

And even then, they still used the dead guy's voice for at least the 1st Z game.

• Locked thread