Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

I love how TTGL only actually attacks in the weakest attack it has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Restaurant at the End of the Universe

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Bertram Weatherby posted:

Looks like Stage 58 of Z3.1 has been translated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A90wx3tNBJ8

It's rather satisfying to see Gatorade the Space Hobo completely lose his mind.

Ahahaha Advent is being such a prick to Gadlight, I've seen nothing of Z3 other than attack videos but I love it.

edit: Holy poo poo this entire level is just the good guys being absolute bastards to the bad guys who apparently deserve it. This is the best.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 1, 2014

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Davzz posted:

Shouldn't you upgrade Revolving Stake instead? That's the attack that's used to calculate the combo attack right?

Absolutely. Trump Card is a practically useless attack with 1 range, 1 ammo and no P anyway. Stake on the Alt all day erry day.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

BlitzBlast posted:

All I want out of Z3.2 is for the Gundam X units to not suck for once.
No you see the Satellite Cannon takes 4.03 seconds to charge so that means it has to be useable only every 4 turns when each turn is about a minute long when they actually measure that. Also let's not make it especially powerful compared to other units' final attacks.

I'm not at all bitter about this.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 11, 2014

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Getsuya posted:

So assuming a person has never seen almost any of the anime involved with SRW except King Gainer, Macross F, Gundam Seed and bits and pieces of other Gundams (Wing, 0079, V), and assuming you made a giant list of every robot anime in order from 'must watch right now' to 'skip', what would be, say, the top 3 or 4 shows on that list?

I know there's lots and lots of good robot shows, most of which show up in SRW, but I need some recommendations for the ones I should watch RIGHT NOW without delay.

(Oh and I've seen Evangelion too, don't worry)

(And Fullmetal Panic now that I think about it)

(But I think that's it)

Edit: I guess since anime is super subjective I should also point out that my preference in anime is non-violent interpersonal drama stuff that has a really good human element which may be counter-intuitive since big robot shows have to have big robots fighting but if knowing that about my tastes can help narrow down the recommendations that would be awesome.
I'm completely ignoring any detail you've said other than "What robot shows should I watch?" Go and watch Shin Mazinger.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Gyra_Solune posted:

Nono using the Earth as a ballistic missile

This is a perfect opportunity and obligation for you to rewatch Diebuster.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Gyra_Solune posted:

But I distinctly did remember Nono using the Earth to attempt to punch out a space monster.

Nono actively stops them from doing that.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I've never played any of Z3 but I love how (from videos I've seen) the final fight with Gadlight is everyone on your team being hilarious assholes to him. I'm used to the heros being all fired up to not lose to a deadly threat, but in this they look to be hugely fired up to call him a loser.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

BlitzBlast posted:

Also now that the Z series is over, how did you feel about your sphere holder? Preemptive apologies to all you Pisces' and Capricorns.

Do they reveal what the Pisces sphere actually is or do we just assume Asakim has it via process of elimination?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Hokuto posted:

I can't believe I never knew this existed

It's cause you're a stupid adult.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I never really liked Kyosuke so for a while now I've kind of wanted him and Excellen to retire, but not like this. :(

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Haken Browning is in Moon Dwellers

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I cannot get over how apocalyptically powerful Mazinger Zero's Breast Fire looks at the end of that trailer I mean god drat.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 5, 2016

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

EGSunBro posted:

So I'm about to play Impact, I remember there being some important things to note in regards to how I should play it and what units to use beyond "Don't play Impact". I know one involves Excellen, I'm supposed to avoid a certain upgrade or attack or something? Is it also the game where the worst robots end up being the strongest because they have more upgrade slots or something? I know it's a slog, so anything that helps that will be appreciated!

I believe it's something like the Rein Weissritter is a secret unit in Impact and if you get it you lose access to Rampage Ghost? (and it's mutually exclusive with Shin Getter so...)

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
God drat the HD version of Moon Knights sounds nothing like I expected, but it is awesome.

edit: Full version!

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 29, 2016

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

AradoBalanga posted:

Also, apparently Melua's special theme does not play for the finisher, strangely enough.

Think that's the fault of whoever recorded the video, I've seen a video of Festenia's finisher and it definitely has her theme.

fakedit: Found it.

Also as I was finding this video some streamer I'm watching used melua's finisher and it played her theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Someone uploaded a video of the (secret unit spoiler) player side Coustwell Brachium and it doesn't have a specific finisher for each of the powerpuffs. I am a little salty about this and I just hope it gets them in the next OG game when it inevitably is given by default like the Forte Gigas in this. Apparently it's really strong compared to the Bellzelute but still I sadface. I do like how its seems to have the ability to access the elemental plane of punch though.

• Locked thread