Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Oh Snapple! posted:

While this looks great, I'm mostly just happy that I'll be able to give this theme to Raioh in the absence of DaiRaioh's.

The theme isn't in the game. It was added to the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

-Troika- posted:

When is the Moon Dwellers OST being released?

Here.

I reckon I've found most of the important ones but it's not finished yet.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Caphi posted:

Is Shine still the only one with Foresight?

We'll get Sphere Actions eventually...

Gilliam and Rhada have it too, I think?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Haken uses Shishioh Blade: "Kirisute sorry"

I have no reason to find this as funny as I am but here we are. :allears:

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jul 6, 2016

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Well, that's loving annoying.

Be careful about swapping out the Powerpuff GIrls in stages where the J units force-deploy. I ran into a save-ruining glitch where if I did it it would prevent a cutscene from loading and would freeze on a black screen.

Holy crap, you can't even change it back during the intermission?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Weissritter posted:

Huh, I must have missed something, but Amara is alive?

Ended up in La Gias and was saved by joining as Shu's newest cheerleader. Lost memories.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Hivac posted:

When's patricia showing up in og

Screw that, give me Mina.

I have Irm's Grungust ready for her to BUSTER ULTIMATE BEEEEEEEEEEEEAM!

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

"Let's let people who are new to the series because it was never in their language before learn about its history"

"Lol no"

Well, at the very least all games have guides, LPs and direct translations so english-speaking folks can find out about it.

My guess is they figured that most folks beyond Japan who'd want MD would already be on board and knowledgeable about stuff. It is counterintuitive to what they said they're doing but... yeah.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

What was the original line? Because I'm betting you :10bux: that it was "そんな。。。あたしだって。。。!"

But, really, literal but readable was what we got with Gundam Breaker 3 and that's about what I expected. It was never going to be an actual localization.

Prism posted:

I was kind of hoping to avoid Hagwane.

Blame Banpresto for this because they're the ones who've been pushing these romanizations for years now.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

ShiunTouya posted:

http://2ndsrwoge.com/

Dunno about OG Gaiden, but nothing that's relevant from that isn't mentioned in the library.

Names aside, I remember Neidengard's guide being good when I used it at OGG's release.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

ShiunTouya posted:

I'm going to assume it has something to do with the Jam Project music license.

For those who bought the game, there's a survey to fill. Please make sure not to put Mist in any of the spaces:

http://enq.bandainamcoid.com/pc/enq.php?id=srw_md

I saw that... shame that I haven't bought the thing yet.

You folks better fill that with Shura and W mechs or I promise there'll be hell to pay. :catstare:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Tindeck remains flying under their radar, though. :ssh:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Sadly, it doesn't seem so.

Be a Perfect (Death Penis's old theme from Gaiden) is back though.

That song is boring as all hell, though!

I'd gladly toss it to the curb to have Devastator back...

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Caphi posted:

This has just started bugging me - do they ever say what they do with RyuOhKi and KoOhKi between campaigns? They're intelligent entities, surely they don't just put them in transport crates in a Mao Industries warehouse?

Pretty sure they sleep until it's plot appropriate in the Tesla labs. The local profs and Eri study them there.

In OGG they woke up when that fish guy (what was its name...?) attacked the place, in 2n OGS it happened when Kanan did the same.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Caphi posted:

Yeah I just randomly thought of how in MD they have to get "delivered" along with a bunch of Grungusts, and like

they're autonomous psychic mecha-gods. They can even fly on their own power. They ran around by themselves for like half of The Inspector. Isn't it weird to "transport" them?

When you've been sleeping for about a year, you need a second to pick up your stride. The least the meatbags can do for beings who've been fighting for them over millennia is give a small lift when requested.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

what is that thing at the top

Did you play Dark Prison? It's Albada's custom Gespenst - he's part of Serena's crew.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

SRW time!

Oh, come on now...

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

You're getting about what you expected it looks like.

Eeeh, this one isn't as bad as Gyokuza Ki.

It's literally the loving Throne Mech/Unit/Machine/Whatever! It doesn't get any more basic than that!

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Televisio Frankus posted:

With this crabstick, I will translate Super Robot Wars.

And there's the title of the new thread, Samurai Sanders! :toot:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I have a ton of sympathy for someone being asked to translate THIS MUCH fluff.

Oh, they actually did that? Color me surprised.

I could complain that it's Zehirut Crystals but, honestly, I doubt even Banpresto knows the actual Jewish word.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It also does the honorific thing if that really bugs you. (Sorry if I'm over-posting, but I figure people are curious about the translation quality.)

Honestly, following the First and Second Gyokuza Ki Impact, these aren't as bad as I was expecting everything else to... so far.

My guess is the worst offenders will come from the in-battle lines since those are usually the ones more likely to have suppressed bits.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Hokuto posted:

"Ameba Yaro"

:staredog:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Hivac posted:

The new srw villain, that drat mashed sweetened chestnut fella

Who?! :vince:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

So, I looked and that's 栗きんとん野郎.

I think what is truly making my mind boggle is figuring out why Kouta gave that nickname to Crystal Dragoon. Is it meant as a very loose pun?

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Oh my holy poo poo they actually went and translated Vaisaga's 五大剣 word for word (SWORD OF THE BIG FIVE) I was only joking with the Ship Cleaving Sword thing gently caress

• Locked thread