Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
  • Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Levantine posted:

Is Z3 going to give full body map sprites or just the heads like in Z2?

Just heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

I'm new to playing any of these that aren't translated; how would I go about acquiring Z3 (once it comes out) if I only have an American PS3?

Either get a Japanese PSN account (just say you live in Tokyo on your new one) and get a Japanese PSN card online or import it. PS3s are region free so you don't need to worry about that.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

So I take it that the new PS3/Vita game would be the best jumping on point if I've never played one of these games before (apart from like a translated ROM of one of the SNES ones)?

Actually the SNES ones are really inferior to J and Alpha Gaiden, hell the only things 3 can say they have that J doesn't is UC Gundam and Getter Robo. 2 pretty big things to be sure but everything else in the game is so much better that it's not too noticeable.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

Adding Milly Ashford into the crazy shenanigans of Sosuke Sagara would be very interesting. Except, Geass is 99% likely post-R2 in the game, meaning Milly has graduated and moved on to being a reporter.

That said, Fumoffu being set in the NERV-funded school would be amazing.

Shinji's security guys freaking out over him being within 20 miles of Sousuke oughta be amazing.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hivac posted:

I never saw very far into 00, so all I'm familiar with is S1 Setsuna. Does he actually stay "..." or does he get more wordy outside of screaming at the top of his lungs during fights?

He mutters "...Gundam" a lot and almost always addresses someone's presence with their full name, like "...Lockon Stratos" or "...Feldt Grace." He's a pretty terse guy until he starts screaming about acceptance.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Race Realists posted:

Are you kidding me?... J is the last thing I would recommend someone trying to get into this franchise

J is easy, has a set of recognizable series featured in it and was the first portable game to have that level of detail in the animation. You'd really recommend something like SRW1 or 3 where you couldn't even pick whether you wanted to counterattack or not over this?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

True, but when you have the Archangel getting repeatedly hit with nerf after nerf, the Nadesico stands out more.

Don't even joke like that.

The nerfs are pretty faithful to the series since the crew on the Archangel are like a game of whack a mole. Come to think of it do they ever save Tolle in a different game, like in Alpha 3 or something?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

"Duo, what are you doing, this is home ec class!"

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Wow, they gotta be moving through FMP's plot like nobody's business to get Clouseau that early, if memory serves he doesn't even fight until the last half of Second Raid.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hivac posted:

Nah, that's when the @ originals start showing up.

In all honesty though that's probably going to be what's expected which kinda sucks because that means the new original getting any form of attention whatsoever.

I'll be giving him plenty of attention because I'm really bored of Brasta and Crowe's themes aren't half as endearing to me as the other Z originals.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

As soon as Noriko shows up, everyone else goes on the back shelf. She is the real star of SRW. All of it. Even the games she isn't in.

Especially Super Heroine Chronicles.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ShiunTouya posted:

Some people just have awesome taste and like Rand's obnoxious themes better. Can't do anything about that!

Anyways, Crowe and Brasta had horribly boring attacks and no amount of good music could really fix that. Esther wasn't really better off but her cut ins made me chuckle so she gets a pass.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at Apr 5, 2014 around 01:12

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I guess someone at Banpresto thought Brasta looked REALLY nice but had no loving clue how to make it move.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

So, a few BGMs have been confirmed:

Endless Waltz: White Reflection
Geass: World End
Big O: Stand A Chance

The last one makes me happy.

I am pleased with these choices, especially World End, that was probably my favorite opening. Chances are Z3-2 will hit you hard and fast with Last Impression.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

Some attack videos for Marida, Full Frontal, Bonta-kun and Wing Zero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-IeeZ6laAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1apL-lFMus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHfOuo_U24I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYZ59Zb6SaU

There may be more attacks to be found as the game progresses, mind, but I'm rather disappointed they didn't include Bonta-kun's "hyakuretsu ken" like in W.

I 100% approve of Marida beating the poo poo out of Riddhe in her animations. Also yaaaaaaaay Mobile Suit.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

Another batch of BGMs incoming:

Gundam Unicorn units' default theme - Mobile Suit

I heard some people saying they didn't like it but I don't see a problem: I like the strings, the bass, the drums...it's all good!

FMP units' default theme - Fight M9!

Don't particularly care for this one but I didn't care way back in W. Hopefully, Southern Wind is in.

Maximum Break theme!

Holy crap, I think this might be the most theme I've heard in all SRWs and I LOVE IT!

Something I just saw in the /m/ thread: Hathaway Noa and TRAIA have been spotted.

First off: Goddammit Hathaway. Just getting that out of the way now.
If memory serves, in SRWJ they introduced tomorrow and Southern Wind in W when the Tuatha De Danaan was in your group for all of one or two stages. Maybe they throw it in there or around the end of the Second Raid storyline?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

I do not get why on earth any pilot is ever given both.

Like, if you have Soul there's no reason to use Valor.

I try to avoid it unless I'm fighting someone with ??????? HP, I'm too stingy with my characters' SP.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

More BGMs incoming:

00 Gundam units' theme: Final Mission ~ Quantum Burst

Code Geass units' theme: World End

FUMOFUUUUUUUUUU!

Gurren Lagann units' other theme: Pierce the Heavens With Your XXX!

All of these sound really drat good, especially the Gurren Lagann one and World End. Music's a big reason why I love this series and this game definitely hasn't disappointed me yet on that count.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

In all fairness, Crowe and Esther did the same thing.
"Just one chance!"
"One shot kill!"
Stuff like that.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I played some of SRW1HD, did anyone else? I didn't realize that there were no pilots in that game, it's just robots. Also when your robots get blown up they're gone forever. I guess it has no story to speak of either. I guess it's good as a curiosity, at least.

Yeah, SRW1 was super simplistic, it was basically "Oh no, evil has taken over our robots!" Then you pick a team and make up the rest of the story.

Pureauthor posted:

Just got the game too, and does anyone else find the FMP units' animation kinda janky? It's like they're stiff or missing frames or something.

They do look pretty stiff, when I saw them I thought "Oh, of course they don't look flashy, Sousuke's a professional."

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

That loving Scopedog attack hahahahahaha. Son of a bitch I've grown fond of Chirico recently.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

Theme of Unicorn Gundam

Default theme of SEED Destiny units

Outstanding, one of my favorite tracks from Unicorn and my favorite Seed Destiny opening. I should really get on buying this game soon...

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

It's incredibly unlikely but I really want Zone of the Enders to get added. Mostly because I think the Banpresto guys would have the time of their lives animating some of the more elaborate attacks.

As far as slightly more likely series, I don't think Rinne no Lagrange is in yet, is it? That'd be a fun thing to throw in there.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Also, I was wondering, in all of robot anime, is there anyone other than Amuro who becomes an actual adult over the course of a series? I mean, both his appearance and personality changing completely and becoming all calm and settled down.

edit: duuuh, Gurren Lagann I guess. Anything other than that?
Isn't Kazumi from Gunbuster 30 by the end of the series?
Also, Setsuna is something like 23 during the 00 movie.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

Mari is in the game. You'd have to sacrifice Asuka to get her, though.

Eh, I'm ok with it, Rebuild Asuka is boring anyways.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Man, Kamille and his dad are going to kick rear end at the father/son picnic.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

Three Z3 new themes here:

Destroy ModeUnicorn Gundam Theme
I honestly expected this and Unicorn to be swapped, since Unicorn's usually associated with Destroy Mode.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Speaking of Gundam, them always rampaging right to the Nu Gundam in SRW is annoying. Amuro's had it for the entire series so far but only just meets Chen in this game for some reason.

To be fair, Amuro's other notable suits are the RX-78, which is beyond outdated by this point, and the Dijeh, which is a pretty boring suit. That being said, I'm really hoping they revisit the original series again for the next multi game series. The Origin's being released soon and it'd be a lot of fun to see it, Shin Mazinger and New Getter Robo hang out.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I really want Nadesico to come back and this would be the best time to introduce the series, right when the Z series is ending so we don't have to deal with Prince of Darkness or anything like that. Other than that, I guess Zeorymer, just so we can get all the hilariously broken super robots in one game.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

So I'm playing MX Portable, is there any particular reason why the real Original is awful at dodging?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

vibratingsheep posted:

St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion), Glory of Love, and Holding Out for a Hero are always favorites when it comes to cheesy '80s movie songs.

I think if I had to pick 3 80s movie songs they'd probably be Eye of the Tiger for Gunbuster, Highway to the Danger Zone for stuff from Macross Frontier, and You're the Best for Shinji.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Goddamn is Beecha supposed to be this awful in MX or is it just a joke? The sack of poo poo is level 21 and still doesn't have anything that affects his ability to dodge stuff.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

chirico cuvie posted:

Yeah, Beecha is pretty mediocre. Better than Mondo, but that isn't saying much. He was a bench warmer for me pretty much instantly in MX.

I can't think of a SRW game where Judau's pals--other than Roux, maybe--were actually useful on their own. They are a bit better in A2/3 if I recall correctly, but that's mainly because they're decent seishin mules.

I'm using Elle and the Purus pretty heavily, but that's because I like the Super Gundam and the Qubeley Mk II more than anything else. Also those three actually have Focus and Flash. It took Beecha until level 20 to learn Wall, which is still pretty awful to have alone on the Hyaku Shiki. Friggin' Super Dijeh better be worth it.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Speaking of which, what exactly are the parameters for unlocking the Dijeh SE-R? I've read conditions that range from "Average level of all UC pilots at 25 or above" to "ZZ cast's combined level above 200" to "ZZ Cast's average level at 25 or up."

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

He hates you so much.

ImpAtom posted:

Also hates you.

Ahahahahahaha these are amazing and terrifying at the same time. I can't wait for Lacus' face.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

The three best portraits. Holy hell they're really getting specific with them.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

How do they handle the Spiral Labyrinth?

Wow, this made me just think that Gundam Build Fighters is one.

Of course! That's where all the cameos came from!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Endorph posted:

Shinji's Spiral Labyrinth is Girlfriend of Steel.

Bright's Spiral Labyrinth is "The Man Who Couldn't Ride the Rainbow."

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Koji's Spiral Labyrinth is Tranzor Z. Everyone calls him Tommy and he doesn't understand why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Silentman0 posted:

Char's Spiral Labyrinth is Gundam-san.

The rest of UC's is AGE.

• Locked thread
«7 »