Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MechaX posted:

Like, you'll have people jumping from the Archangel over to the Nadescio because the Archangel folks are way too mopey and involved in their melodrama.

:allears: Hyoma...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

"Pressure" was such a weird word for Gundam to get latched on to.

Playing through 2-2 again, I forgot that Zero gave an emergency "stop!!" geass command to Esther, just after she was turned. I completely forgot about that, does it affect her later and I forgot that too?

Man, I hope she has at least a moderate role in 3-2. I have a real soft spot for her. "Love and work, both in a straight line!"

Yeah, it's basically how they save her and turn her back if memory serves.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

Speaking of which what are the Code Geass people even doing in Z3? It's weird how it seems like most of ZEXIS still has some relevance, I think Heterodynes are even still showing up though I'm probably wrong, but it kinda feels like Zero and co. are just sorta...there now.

They're just there now, although they interact with the other plots, most notably with Evangelion, where Shinji gets adopted by Kallen as her little brother and Zero bucks him up before the finale of Rebuild 1.0. Then Toji complains that he doesn't get a cool big sis, and Sousuke volunteers. :allears:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hellioning posted:

If you shoot down Wufei, you get 1 point; if you reduce Wing Zero to less than 60%, you get 2 points. You can only do one.

It's not 'essential' but you need 5 to see the choice and there's a max of 7 so it's really helpful.

And even if I was presented with the option of saving a busload of orphans or blowing up Wufei, it's pretty clear where my priorities would be. :colbert:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

...and how did SEED clash with J, SEED was J and most of its setting, and besides the big theme of that game was having to fight family and kin, so Kira's conflict of having to fight Coordinators being one himself fit right into that.

SEED clashed with J in having a bunch of ridiculously silly shows like Nadesico, G Gundam, Combattler, and depending on the mood, FMP hanging out with it. The problem there being that instead of doing the usual SRW thing where it becomes its own weird take on it, like Domon and Akito teaching Kira the importance of protecting what he cares about, the SEED plot pretty much goes through the motions word for word, with the only real difference being Miguel dying about 20 episodes later than he was supposed to and the IWSP suits stomping around in the last act. Oh, and the Kusanagi being excised from the Three Ship Alliance in favor of the Nadesico, like anyone really cares.

EDIT:

Gyra_Solune posted:

Actually unless I'm mistaken, they didn't finish 2.0 in Jigoku, Zeruel never shows up and Eva stuff just sort of ends with Sahaquiel like in L, so Third Impact hasn't happened yet. So even if they play 3.0 completely straight (which, like, they kinda can't given how it ends, much fanfictioning will be had), there will probably be a prologue bit of sorts where Shinji fucks everything up in Eva-01. Or hell, that might be halfway through the game and everything 3.0 related is all endgame stuff.

It's likely going to be a prologue stage, or at the very least a very early stage. Shinji gets hosed up fighting Zeruel, Banagher gets captured by the Banshee, and so on.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Also Mu is still compelled to sacrifice himself despite having Mazinkaiser and Zeorymer on the team.

And the Arbalest, and about 6 Brains, not to mention the OC, who at that point had a magic shield, no matter which robot you picked. Really, J had a hilarious amount of units with their own method of shielding, so it's not like they couldn't write it in.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Endorph posted:

some units look better in chibi form than others

like, i think the full metal panic mechs look a thousand times better in j/w than they do in z3

I like the Lambda Strike or whatever the Arbalest's final attack is, but yeah, pretty much every attack in J looks better in spite of it being about 10-11 years old.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I like the rare times in SRW when enemies are not enemies, but rather inanimate objects that you need to destroy, like asteroids or missiles, or in this case pieces of a space elevator. Your characters have all the same angry shouting attack lines against them but...they're inanimate chunks of metal or whatever, they aren't listening.

Also animations like the grap sniper where they dodge your first attacks are very silly.

My favorite SRW moment is still the SEED nuke mission when I unleashed the G Gundam cast on them. Nothing feels quite as satisfying as throwing a Sekiha Love-Love Tenkyoken burn a heart through the nuke or having the dynamic kill for a nuke go off for an Erupting Burning Finger and Domon crushes the nuke in his hands. :black101:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Laevatein! Full Armor Unicorn! Too excited! :syoon:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

That's actually what they did to upgrade the FA Unicorn. Banagher's dorky friend decided to bolt on all the spare weaponry lying around the Nahel Argama since it was the last battle and they decided "What the hell!" I kinda like it because... well I'm a bit of a dork like that. Then again I desperately hope that he gets the hyper javelin as an attack.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Kaworu's just a weird dude who fully aware of the fanbase and loves messing with them. It's why I love the doofus.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Touya's generic mecha teen, but I actually kinda liked Calvina's arc and the girls were moderately entertaining. Also her music kicked rear end.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ashsaber posted:

I like Touya, even if he's generic. Especially since his growing out of the 'I don't want to fight' phase comes at stage 10, which, amusingly enough, is just after you get the SEED folk for a few stages. I kind of imagine it as him looking at Kira, figuring out he's just as bad, before realizing he has a giant robot, three attractive women his age who are going to spend pretty much all their time with him, and no real reason to mope, since he doesn't have anything to really go back to, and basically going 'Yeah, I can live with this.'

Basically because he's Kira until you get Kira, then he's all 'gently caress that noise'

He's generic, but generic isn't always a bad thing, especially when he spontaneously becomes Honorable Moon Knight towards the end.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MarsDragon posted:

Calvina is cool, never played Touya's route.

The only thing I hope for J in OG is getting all the Fury mechs (with Raftclans as a secret unit) and being able to put Touya and Calvina in any of them. Bonus if Calvina can pilot any free mech. More pilot switching, always more pilot switching.

I'd like if you had Calvi in a grunt suit or something for the first 10-15 stages, then J's plot kicked off and she got Bellzelute or Coustwell.

EDIT: Nevermind, that goes pretty much in direct conflict with her backstory.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

So I started a game of OG Gaiden after all. I also found my old J game: seems I restarted with Granteed and am now at the stage where you get Zoerymer.

Any tips on these games? Other than getting Great Zeorymer, of course.

Give Kira a flight pack and the Launcher Strike and he's golden. Oh, and abuse the crap out of Sousuke's Lambda Driver.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Welcome to Super Robot Wars where we go to lengths to save characters who normally die. This is our SRW J SEED wing where we completely ignore that idea.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just switched the music for Beyond The Time in Z3-1.

I used Mobile Suit for every Zeta suit since they spent the first chunk of the game chilling out with the Unicorn crew. Then everyone but Banagher got Beyond the Time until the last stage, when all the reals got RX-0.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just had fun with the custom playlists. Half my songs didn't work because of some weird bug, but with thos who worked, oh boy.

The real version of Beyond the Time for most of the Zeta/Char's Counterattack crew.
Rinbu Revolution for Dancouga Nova.
Jimi Hendrix's version of All Along the Watchtower for the VOTOMS crew.
Anime Ja Nai for Trider.
ELO's Twilight for Maximum Break.
Sorega Ai Desho for the Arbalest.
Just Communication for the Wing dudes.
And more!

Oh yeah, I had most of my supers on Libera Me From Hell or something like that for the last stage. I wasn't a huge fan of the Eva theme so I just replaced that with Cruel Angel's Thesis once I got to them.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

There are always two Dancougas: a master, and an apprentice.

But which one was removed? The master, or the apprentice?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

I sure hope that we get an upgrade from Jegan to Stark Jegan or something in Z3-2. Some buffs to MK-II would also be nice.

I could see Stark Jegan as a secret unit, hell they had Juaggus for crying out loud last time.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

gently caress the ReGZ, throw Amuro in the Delta Plus and watch poo poo explode. Then put Daguza in the ReGZ since it has a decent enough ALL attack.

Rascyc posted:

Yeah, a serviceable ALL attack keeps it above all the garbage UC units. It's perfectly playable and pretty decent. If you are an Emma fan you'll probably move her to the Delta Plus though which is just a better unit overall with no new-type reqs. You can probably put her in that secret mech that Four flies in too, I don't think it has newtype reqs. I usually put Four in the Sinanju.

Byarlant doesn't have Newtype requirements and ends up being a great thing for non Newtype-y or very weak Newtype pilots like Emma or Katz. It's also cool as hell, so there's another bonus.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

The trick to J is to give up moving your army in anything resembling a cohesive formation and just send your ace units to the corners of the screen. You are almost guaranteed to see reinforcements from each side, so just end turn a lot and presto.

Alternatively, end turn a lot and let them come to you.

Parking Zeorymer at a spawn point and having him spam Hades Attack is a sure way to victory.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

A pair of new FMP-related images popped up. The second one is a little more interesting.

Oh boy colosseum arc Sousuke!

EDIT: There's a portion that takes place in an underground Arm Slave fighting league. Sousuke pilots a super custom Savage.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 20, 2015

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

So I'm guessing Kallen and Chirico are gonna be hangin' out for that.

Heero'll probably be there too in a Leo or something.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

From the few that I've played
Best: Calvina
Worst: Crowe/Hibiki (tie, Hibiki's generic as all hell but I like his robot and Crowe's chill but I can't stand his robot, so it all evens out.)

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hibiki's not that bad, he's just super boring, honestly I kinda like aspects of him, namely the parts where he screams stuff in Engrish.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hokuto posted:

I'd like to see more scenes of Hibiki in his element, hunting Damons or other things on foot.

Him, Domon, and Master Asia chilling out and hunting Damons or Dark Armies on foot together. It'd be great.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Hey so what do you think are the odds that Amuro will upgrade to the Hi-Nuahahahahahaha he's gonna be in the Nu forever. :smith:

Seriously, I can't believe he's had the Nu for four games now. At least upgrade it to the Nu HWS or something.

I'm hoping beyond hope that for the last 10 stages we get Hi-Nu and Nightingale when we get Beyond the Time back. Is it foolish? Quite, but I don't care because Hi-Nu is my homeboy.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

That's just for the physical release.

Did I just imagine Amuro in the beginning of Z2-1 with a ReGZ with an awesome attack animation? I don't think I'm thinking of Z1 or Z3.1.

He had the Nu until Z3.1 because they wanted Amuro in there and they wanted him to be competitive.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

Another Gargantia BGM:

This one's pretty bumping!

Awwwww hell yeah, love this song.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

That Shinn/Luna/Rey attack was some straight up Chrono Trigger poo poo. Also that's the only attack video I can watch until I pick up my copy... in 2 months. :shepspends:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

New version of the Unicorn's Awakened Mode theme:

I really like this OVA's music, I tell ya...

MAD-NUG! :syoon: I've never been happier for music.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

UNICORN GUNDAM is a mix of all four of the Unicorn's themes, UNICORN, RX-0, MAD-NUG, and the second half of GUNDAM.

And it's the best song on the Unicorn OSTs.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Spoilers for units:

No you do not.

Further plot spoilers for Eva 3.0:

The entire movie's events take place loving OFFSCREEN in another world. And then the Evas get dumped back into the SRWZ world after Shinji pulls the spears.

Pffffffffffffffffft that's pretty great.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

It's the same. Which is hilarious because even in Z3.1 they pointed out that if the contents had anything to do with the UC Federation, than it was completely useless because that thing broke up like two dimensional calamities ago.

So it just serves to drive home how pointless the hiding of it really is. :suicide:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Let's just round out Super Robot Wars Mars and throw Zone of the Enders in too.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Davzz posted:

The conspiracy theory is that they wanted something with Gen Urobachi's name on it because he has a devoted following and that adds a handful of sales. And since they can't exactly add Fate/Zero or Kamen Rider Gaim... on a "practical" note, it was probably chosen exactly because it wouldn't affect much and isn't much of a commitment.

They totally could've added Madoka Titus.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

So I'm assuming there's Last Impression for Wing units, but is it still just World End for Code Geass units?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Irisize posted:

Examples? I've seen some things that are close, but the gameplay systems are usually at least a bit different.

Super Heroine Chronicle.

Frankly, I'm not interested until they add Railgun or Shana or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

What would the three core franchises be for Magical Girl Wars? Sailor Moon's definitely one of them, but what would the other two be?

• Locked thread