Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

Let's not forget the voice actor issues (Chieko Honda is dead, meaning Ple and Ple 2 need to be recast; Kazuki Yao can barely manage a yell, and Judau is one of his more yelling-intensive roles) in a culture where recasting is practically done only when it is absolutely impossible to get around (such as Bright having to be recast for Unicorn).

They could just... not have new voiced dialogue for them. Sure, missing out on specific lines against Unicorn villains and the like would be a shame, but there's enough recorded VA to use ZZ in SRW for years to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I dunno how it'd fit into Z3.2, but Rebuild 3.0 would work great as part of a standalone game's cast (once the last movie gives it an ending to work with). Sure, it'd only give you a couple of robots and its plot wouldn't provide many stages, but what it would perfectly frame "here's the first space stage" and "here's your first carrier", and setting-wise it'd be an easy fit for any game where the world's kind of messed up (i.e. most every SRW ever).

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I like what I've played of OG 2nd, but I really miss the GBA OG games for having more robots that aren't either character-specific or just blatantly so-and-so's robot no matter who you put in it. Sure, a lot of it was similar Gespensts and Huckebeins, but the feeling of freedom was nice and I hope they can bring that back a bit now they've created lots of sprites they can reuse in OG3.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Three sidekicks and two protagonists is a problem easily solved by giving the EXExbein a two-seater upgrade.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Historically they've shrunk down the Ultramen and Gundams to human size, I expect it'll be the same here.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Don't spend more than you need to upgrading the Super original though, its upgrades don't carry over to the newer one and I believe you don't get the money you spent back.

I've started playing A Portable recently and I have to ask, does D-3 get any extra attacks beyond combos with the other Dragonars when it upgrades to the Lifter version? Every enemy loves to pile on it and I can't see it dropping out of my team unless a lot of better stuff with EWAC comes along. Also, can D-1 still wear its EWAC space hat parts when it upgrades to Custom/Lifter?

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

maou shoujo posted:

An SRW with a deliberately weird cast list absolutely needs to throw in Psycho Armor Govarian. It's half Mazinger half Gundam.

Govarian is one of those shows I really want to be in SRW because it has a great theme song and is an old super robot show I know nothing about, and there is nothing that raises my heart like a new old super robot I know nothing about showing up in SRW. It's my one point of disappointment with Z3.1, though hopefully the second part will introduce one.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

maou shoujo posted:

I'm sort of partial to the PSX version as well, which for some reason sounds very different.
That's because it's not the actual version of the song from F, this is. That is a really nice version though.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Huh, that's interesting. Makes me wish the classic games had been released on Mega Drive as well as SNES so we'd have more parallels like that.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I've not watched that trailer, but when cutscene stuff was in previous ones they were just called "Gundam F91", "Nu Gundam", etc. and have the SD Gundam eyes so they appear to be human-sized Mobile Suits without pilots (and human-sized Ultramen too).

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

There's not really a precedent to judge SHG in the franchise, I haven't played any of the previous games but I believe none of them played like it; if you've played a Gundam G Generation game, Super Hero Generation is by the same team with the same type of gameplay.

1st Stage Midboss fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Oct 21, 2014

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Isn't the whole point of the Systems to give you ways to break them game over your knee and make your favourites even better? Given how easy it is to just not use them, I can't imagine them getting nerfed.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I dunno about how it'll fit into Z3, but 3.0 will work great in future SRWs. It takes Evangelion and gives them a battleship and a protagonist group who can far more easily fit into the "roll around Japan and space fighting evil and politics" role everyone in the franchise has to. Not being tied down to a lot of plot makes it especially easy to throw in the Wunder's debut for an early-game battleship to take out recruiting. All the next movie needs to do is to have a big battle at some point towards the end and let Shinji pilot something that fights, then it'll have plenty of content by movie-in-SRW standards and be an easy way to fit Eva into a game.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I love the Li Brasta T, I can see why others might not but I think it goes just far enough to straddle the line between ridiculous and cool. I wasn't particularly intending on using Crowe much before (more than Hibiki, at least) but now he has better odds of being deployed.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I found it to be really good early on, I think it has a pretty good ALL attack for when it first shows up? Doesn't last, but Emma was in my top aces for a while.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I don't remember anything in the show hinting that any of the cast were reincarnations except for Amata, Kagura, and Mikono.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Mikono has Iron Wall and is a Gepard pilot, that's a recipe for being really effective even before she hits 130 Will and gets her element power.

And hey, for all that Mikono's worse it's not like Sylvia doesn't have huge character flaws, it's just that that makes her a great fit with the rest of the the more-dysfunctional-than-the-sequel Aquarion cast.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Sure, but it's not really Super Robot Wars if you don't save the galaxy from Cyborg Triple-Satan attempting to destroy time in one stage and then have much more difficulty fighting a space racist in a Mobile Suit.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I only got about halfway through Z3.2 despite Diebuster being one of my favourite anime ever, because fighting the same enemies pretty much every stage got tiring really quickly, especially when many of the breaks in that are to fight enemies who showed up a lot in Z2 and Z3.1.

It probably could have done with having fewer route splits, because then there'd be more non-original content to go around.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

The problem is that now they'd have to redraw anything not from OG2nd or Z3 unless they released it for smartphones or something.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

If they start making the big games two-parters like Z2 and Z3 without also making them part of an overarching series, they could hit a lot of what works about SRW sequels without also being tied to keeping shows around that have been drained of all their usable content.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I know nothing about Muv-Luv, but it's not like SRW is afraid to alter or remove setting elements to make things coherent. If I remember Orguss right, it was impossible to get into space because of dimensional stuff, yet we had no shortage of space stages in Z. There are a million instances of "only the protagonist robot can fight the bad guys" where that gets ignored for SRW because who wants stages where only one unit does anything? It's the same thing, if they want to use a series they can do it without it dominating everything.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

from the usual flying get sources

- Two routes, Touya and Calvina

- In this world they are twins.

Is this saying the J originals are twins or is it explaining how GC's originals coexist (like they did with R)? I never played to the end of J but the former doesn't sound like it'd really fit.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Prism posted:

GC. It's Super Soul Saber FF if I'm remembering right - phoneposting so I can't check, but Super Soul Saber has 4 forms (Fighter Fast and Guard, Gunner Fast and Guard) and they showed FF and one of the Gs.

It's also not even close to the first GC original unit, but I guess they are skipping regular Soul Saber, to say nothing of Soul Lancer and Gunner.

That's Soul Saber FF and GF, not Super Soul Saber - both have the 4 forms, and Super's distinguished mainly by having wings.

The thing about the GC originals that interests me is how the footage of GF has dialogue between the twins. I wonder if they could maybe be swappable co-pilots to resolve the "who gets Fairy as subpilot" issue.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

EthanSteele posted:

Has there ever been an attack in a SRW where the attacker even gets shot at, let alone shot at and hit?

It'd have to be a one-off cutscene attack to get around the weirdness of "and then the bug thing shoots bullets at me/the AT fires flashy beams/etc." that would hurt the plausibility of the animation when you use it against different enemies. Do we ever even see those in SRW any more? I don't remember any recently, but I haven't beaten OG2nd or Z3-2.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Ethiser posted:

I'd be nice if we got those Alpha 3 mechs for a game instead of the RKO.

I just want them to remember that Alpha 3 gave Bullet his own theme music and use that for once. He's practically the only OG character without a proper theme of his own, and given that Kusuha and Ryoto have individual themes from OGs as well as their Alpha machines' themes, it doesn't feel right for him to be stuck with Vanishing Trooper when he hasn't touched a Huckebein for 2 games now.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Kinda wish they'd gone for something other than SEED Destiny and the 00 movie since they've been around a lot lately and there's tons of other Gundam in V, but I guess there's not much else from Z3 that's popular and provides as many sprites to use except Macross Frontier. Maybe they had specific plot ideas they wanted to do with them.

If Steel Heart is the focus of the Crossbone stuff, I really hope they find an excuse to bring Kincade (or however it's meant to be spelt, I never played DWG Reborn) back since I doubt we'll be seeing F91 any time soon.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

It is actually quite surprising that it's just V and not V Part 1 after the last few games. My hope is they'll do more standalones since people will probably forgive sprite reuse more if the casts change more heavily between each game rather than having a Z-esque massive pile of returning units for the next 7 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Given how pilot reassignment is one of OG's cool unique things, I'd much rather see most characters getting new alternative robots instead of upgrades. Even if it meant more units locked to specific pilots to save on VA costs, it'd be nice to have that extra variety for replay value.

• Locked thread