Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

So, I haven't even bothered to play Z2-1 and 2-2 all the way through yet, but I am very tempted in getting Z-3 for some reason.

Is this necessarily recommended/can I just get the cliff's notes version of 2-1 and 2-2 somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Now I've committed to buying Z3.

And the sad thing is, the only things I really care about are EVA and Gunbuster. I'm probably going to end up feeding all of my kills to Noriko and Shinji.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

ShiunTouya posted:

Group's name spoiler:

It seems to be Z-BLUE: Z Busters Link Universe & Earth

EDIT: Here's also a video of Genion's attacks. There's some very early (chapter 5) spoilers in there after 0:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhBDo9PLLmw

Holy loving poo poo that cockpit.

That's just a downright safety hazard!

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Couldn't pick up Z3 last paycheck due to bills 'n stuff, but given that people have had enough time to get through Z3, how are people liking it compared to other, or even recent SRW entries?

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

If there was ever a moment that I wished that I could understand dialog in SRW games, it was definitely for this little extra scenario in Z3-1.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Endorph posted:

The Mari/Asuka choice, you mean? After stage 45, you'll get a choice between 'Go to Merida Island' and 'Stay in Japan.' Stay in Japan is the bottom choice. Pick that, and you'll get the choice between 'proceed with tests' and 'stop the tests' after stage 46. You keep Asuka if you stop the tests, and get Mari if you run the tests. This happens even if you've never deployed Asuka at any point in the entire game.

The only way to keep Asuka is to Stay in Japan (bottom choice) and then stop the tests (bottom choice.) If you don't take the Japan route at all, she's still replaced with Mari.

From a story standpoint on that issue alone, does Z-Blue actually figure out that there's an Angel in Unit 03, or do they just kinda keep it/dispose of it because they already have enough super robots?

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201406/19055285.html

New Famitsu images for Mausoleum of the Apocalypse.

Apparently, someone at Bamco thought Kaguya Nanbu needed competition in the giant tits department.

My first thought was literally "why is she hugging yellow basketballs?"

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Fereydun posted:

Nah, just have the Front Mission guys have their ultimate attacks be all their combat skills triggering at once over and over so they unload like five hundred rounds into the dude.
Like Chirico!

Front Mission would be easier to implement from a gameplay perspective. As mentioned, Wanzers are already better than Scopedogs and the pilots have lots of different skills, attacks, and roles to utilize, so you won't run into an Escaflowne-esque problem.

The main thing is how do you implement it at a story-level given how the major arc of the story spans for a decade and a half, let alone which installment you choose to use.

I guess you could use Front Mission Evolved, but...

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

KoB posted:

Doesnt J play it pretty straight?

As ImpAtom mentioned, J plays it so straight that it hurts.

Like, you'll have people jumping from the Archangel over to the Nadescio because the Archangel folks are way too mopey and involved in their melodrama.

There is actually a hilarious moment late game with Chairman Zala and Rau, where Rau of all people is like "Well sir, I know you want to fire your death laser at the Earth and eliminate all Naturals, but we're being sandwiched by the Jovian forces and the fucks from Layzner in space, and the Earth is already hosed with the Radam, Dr. Hell's folks, and the Zeorymer folks tearing everything up. We should really focus on protecting the PLANTS so we don't get screwed."

Zala is just "Yeah, you're right.... But the Naturals MUST DIE! Prepare Genesis!"

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I would like to see someone LP Impact.

Just to see if it's possible without the LP'er losing his/her sanity in the process.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

That is why I do not regret getting the Great Zeorymer in J for anything.

Typically, I would just park it at the starting point and have the rest of my units take care of the enemies. When reinforcements would inevitably spawn in the clear opposite direction, they instead were greeted by Great Zeorymer.

I don't think anyone even scratched its paint-job until the final mission.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Man, I keep telling myself that I need to beat SRW Z3-1 before Z3-2 comes out.

But the first few missions in 3-1 are really... boring to me.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

So, I'm curious about Eva 3.0 in this game.

I'm hearing that by all odds, Kaworu doesn't actually die here? And I guess Shinji never actually gets EVA-01 back because it's... stuck with the Wunder off-screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Man, I am really struggling to make it through Z3-1 for some reason. I think it's because I don't know a lot of these series to really get invested in what's going on.

I'm thinking about picking up MX Portable, since my PS2 is on the fritz. I've heard that the entire "double enemy HP bars" kinda makes the game balance very wonky in later missions. How bad does it end up getting?

• Locked thread