Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

I suppose it makes sense if we're considering them as high-school friends. Maybe they all move in to Ashford at some point?

Or maybe they'll be students in that NERV-school! :unsmigghh:

They're all alternate pilots for the Evas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Last I checked Kouji's mother wasn't dead. :v:

His grandfather is the Eva's spirit. It builds it's own Mazinger cosplay.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I really hope the Tokyo-3 from Eva is named that because there are two other Tokyo's that have merged into the world.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Early stage spoilers stuff.

How could Z1 and Z2 worlds merge? That seems suspect. What happens to duplicate characters? Doesn't that kind of negate the parts in the previous two games about fixing the governments of the merged worlds. What was the point of anything except the original plots at that point if nothing the protagonists did actually stuck.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

As soon as Noriko shows up, everyone else goes on the back shelf. She is the real star of SRW. All of it. Even the games she isn't in.

edit: surely Z3-1 is not going to skip a whole bunch of her early story like Alpha 1 did?

The partner system fits Gunbuster really well so I hope not. At the early stages Noriko can be paired with Kazumi for training. Later they could introduce the Gunbuster as its seperate machines that you have to combine and finally you could use a permanently combined Gunbuster with a Sizzler.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wonder what Eva Unit 1's best move will be in this game? It wont't have the dance combo attack with Asuka. If they really want to be crazy they could do something similar to Eureka 7 at the end of Z1 and have it do that thing it does at the end of movie 2 but be controllable for the final stage or two.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

That'd be really cool if he never gets the Zeta and gets to work his newtype mojo with the ReZEL instead. ReZEL waverider crash!!

Heck give him the Delta Gundam Kai. It's like a super newtype zeta.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

At the moment, it seems to not do the auto-casting like in W. Gauron can still utterly wreck your poo poo once his Lamda Driver kicks in, though. If I'm reading the thread on /m/ right, he managed to one-shot Chirico.

That's not really that hard to do though.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Phlogistic posted:

The Lambda Driver doesn't change his animations. At all.

Obviously they are just saving money is they can go crazy with the Leviathan in the next game. Right?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Since they took away my Dancouga bro fist they better give me some sort of Inazuma Kick combo attack.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Mine shipped yesterday from play asia and FedEx says it will be here tomorrow. I'm trying to get as much work done now because I know I'll binge on it tomorrow and Friday.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

No! FedEx tried to deliver my game way earlier than they usuall do so I wasn't home to sign for it. I'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I've been reading some things on the story

It seems like after the new dimensional shift a lot of characters forgot people from the series that aren't around anymore.

I'm curious to see where the story is going.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hivac posted:

The only really weird later objective I can think of is the Jinrai one where you have to lure it into the box and get at least pls(?)/5 on it.

The one mission that got me was the one where the Phoenix transforms into the Turtle robot and just hangs out for a few turns and then the mission ends. I kept killing him and the mission would just not end. The wait for him to disappear was so long I had to look it up online because I thought I was doing something wrong.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Silly game. You think Riddhe is gonna get the cool Zeta ripoff while Kamille gets the Methus ripoff. Think again.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kanos posted:

The Delta Plus is actually a Hyaku Shiki ripoff. :eng101: If you compare the Delta to the Hyaku Shiki side-by-side they're basically identical except the Delta is a little fancier and doesn't have the anti-beam bling paint.

Good point. Looking into it I wish they had the balls to just not give Kamille the Zeta but the Gundam Delta Kai instead. Its got fin funnels and fills the same role as the Zeta.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

What reason does the game give for all the SEED characters being somewhere else? Also Shin and Kamille are best bros after Z1.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I just wish they'd done a little more work touching it up for HD. I'm at stage 21 and so far it is the only robot that I've seen and thought that it was straight up taken from the PSP games.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Rascyc posted:

I'm still only like on like stage 18 or so, but I'm glad to hear this one turned out to be an entire full game. Z2.1 really left me worried.

What do you mean by this? Z2.1 was 50 stages long.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The green world is obviously an earth that has been very polluted. You know what series takes place on a polluted earth. G Gundam. Momaru's dad was also Domon's dad and the Genesic GaoGaiGar fills the roll of the Devil Gundam. Make it happen Banpresto.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Rascyc posted:

I didn't really enjoy it as much as Z2.2 and Z1 and there were quite a few units that just got little for upgrades from what I can remember (I am probably wrong).

No that's pretty true and valid criticism. I just thought you were saying the game was too short.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It's entirely possible I missed something but the ending of the game is a CG cutscene of space-time cracking and the second Earth appearing. There's nothing afterwards until the post-credit scene where nobody from Zeta appears at all.

Is that second Earth where the bad guys from EVOL come from? If not how are they explained?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wish they would have just given us Mari in her wheeled Eva from the beginning of movie 2.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

TARDISman posted:

To be fair, Amuro's other notable suits are the RX-78, which is beyond outdated by this point, and the Dijeh, which is a pretty boring suit. That being said, I'm really hoping they revisit the original series again for the next multi game series. The Origin's being released soon and it'd be a lot of fun to see it, Shin Mazinger and New Getter Robo hang out.

I'd like to see them do a game with the One Year War and not have the White Base show up until it is 75% done just so they can make the RX-78 really overpowered.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

The thing about Unicorn is that Banagher isn't a particularly amazing pilot and his newtype potential is equal to that of Katz, which is hilarious.

What makes you say that? Banagher does some pretty crazy newtype stuff in the OAVs.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Anybody who reads Japanese and has made it far enough want to tell me what the deal with Gunbuster is in this game? Noriko and it just seemed to popup out of nowhere mid-stage.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Gunbuster is post-series. Noriko says she is from 12,000 years in the past and she herself is not entirely clear what happened after the Black Hole Bomb went off.

Awesome, thanks for the help.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Well they got rid of half the series from Z2 that had combo attacks and at least up to stage 41 nobody except the Gurren Lagann kids can use theirs anymore. I'm pretty sure the Full Metal Panic crew has one but I never used it and I dropped all the non Sosuke characters pretty fast.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

What? Does Macross 7 have the Dynamite Explosion combo attack? Basara didn't have the song so I assumed the combo attack was gone as well.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Speaking of Macross I'm really glad we're getting a new series so maybe they can not have Frontier in every game they make. I like it but it is starting to get a little old.

Discounting original generation and including Z3-2 it will have been included in the past 7 games.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 19, 2014

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Didn't the Alpha series include Plus's storyline multiple times?

I would love it if Macross II showed up.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I just remembered that Isamu shows up for a cameo in the second Frontier movie so they could put him in Z3-2 if they really wanted to.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I want all the spheres to combine next game and form what is basically TTGL but piloted by all the sphere holders. The dead ones can come back and be chill like the Spiral King.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wonder if licensing Build Fighters lets them cheat and sneak in all the Gundam suits and characters for the price of one show. All the characters cameo at some point and pretty much every main mobile suit does too.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

Hah just realized that I never have to see the zero system activation ever again because Heero already hits the stage with it activated. I'll probably get the Chimera's Membership Card for him just to see how far I can push it, considering that I've already fallen into the trap of making him the best pilot.

Are you Japanese voice actor and noted SRW fan Hikaru Midorikawa?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Yeah even though it sounds like they're being weird about it I'm going to assume they are talking about a fourth sphere. If they wanted to get the rest of them in to the story this game it couldn't have been too hard just to design a new character who already collected them all. Banpresto seems like they care about having a pretty consistent narrative across games in a series.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

You're in luck. J is pretty much guaranteed to show up in the next OG game whenever that gets made.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The tile work is pretty good but I think some of the battle backgrounds are horrible. The one that shows up when you are next to water in a city is embarrassing. It is a flat gray surface with lovely looking "water" behind it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

You can change back to Black Getter at any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I don't know any Japanese but every scene that includes Macross 7 makes me laugh. Every character has the best reaction face when they play especially Ozma. It is so obvious that he is the biggest fan boy.

• Locked thread