Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
  • Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

You just have a vote to choose the protagonist and their mecha. Then you let people vote on route splits and let them determine 2 or 3 of the characters you take on missions. It would be hell to make but it would be pretty simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Heck cheat the hell out of the main file. Its not like there are any skill points or anything. Just make it so you get all the secrets and give yourself enough money so you can upgrade whatever units people want you to use.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I have no idea what they are going to put in the next game in order to raise the stakes. Diebuster could be close but I'm not sure of another series that could take the game to such a level of insanity.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The team building screen shows every unit with or without a pilot. Just move the units that don't have pilots to the bottom of the screen out of the teams that will deploy next game.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Now I want to see a gimmick game where they change all the plots to make the usual enemies into the good guys and have you control them.

The noble army of Zeon combines forces with noted freedom fighter Dr. Hell to defeat the evil Earth Federation and free Japan from the iron fisted tyranny of Mazinger Z and Getter Robo.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Also Getter Energy is basically depicted as an Eldritch Horror most of the time. Heck one of the enemies in the manga are guys coming back in time to destroy Getter Robo before it can evolve into Getter Emperor which is usually depicted as not a very nice robot.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The Dynamic Kill on Godmars's final attack is beautiful.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Caphi posted:

Oh, god, is that the project this YJ clown signed on to? Abort. Abort now.

And dear lord, don't crowdsource translation. Z is a large, coherent body of work that needs a lot of integration and context at every step, not to mention a good team of writers with a grasp of style. YJ has none of these things. I've seen his work on Z3 (what there was of it), he has basically no Japanese comprehension at all, let alone a fraction of the ability to manage a translation project of this size, scope, and complexity.

For the record, I personally would not set out to do Z3. (This is partly because I'm not done with it and I would want to play the hell out of it, and the other Z games, in preparation to understand all the plots' points and vectors before I even thought of putting words to paper.)

e: if I had to crowdsource a text-heavy RPG I really liked for some reason, I sure wouldn't choose GameFAQs as my talent pool. I remember being the kind of kid who hung out on GameFAQs. I wouldn't trust that guy within five miles of a translation project.

I don't think people want all the nuances and gritty details of the story. If they are like me they just like having a general idea of what's going and who is saying what to who.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Did anybody unlock the Byalant Custom ? How does it hold up?

^^^ I'm pretty sure she wasn't in Z2.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

KoB posted:

I hope we get Diebuster. It would be the ultimate excuse for Triple Inazuma kick.

Or even a quadruple Inazuma Kick with Gurren Lagann

I think you mean quintuple Inazuma Kick. Evangelion Unit 1 want in on that action.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wonder if we'll get a new original for Z3.2. Z2.2 didn't but I really like seeing their robot interpretations of astrology.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hokuto posted:

Poor Esther. Might as well have just not existed.

She just had a worse version of an existing robot. Maybe Z3.2 will finally give her the part dimensional beast mech controlled by drums that she deserves.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Endorph posted:

Final Boss of Z3.2: Timp, Beck, and Gates in the Neo Getter.

No they would be the last minute reinforcements that save your team at the final minute.

Really the Baal is a version of Chirico who took Wiseman's offer and now pilots a customized Guntank.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

TheManSeries posted:

So has the requirements for Defy Destinies route split been determined yet?

I'm really curious what they are because I got the choice for the route split and I didn't feel like I did anything special to earn it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

You know what I'm thinking? Combattler V.

Rand, Setsuko, Crowe, Hibiki and Z3.2's original (or Esther) and AG as pseudo-Ropett!

I'll take that or the King of Braves GaoSphereGar. They've already got the lion.

Real talk though if they just have the GaoGaiGar Final characters be warped in from the end of their story I will not complain.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at May 6, 2014 around 23:10

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Related to that the Evol in Aquarion Evol is just love spelled backwards. In the final episode of the show EVOL shows up on the screen and flips around to LOVE. This blew my mind.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope they bring back enough of the shows that weren't in this one that we get a whole new team name.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If they found some way in the story to break the no double of the same character rule we could have some pretty sweet combo attacks. Just imagine you are on a stage and all seems lost when Mazinger, Great Mazinger, and Grandizer rocket punch through the dimensional walls and team up with Shin Mazinger and Zeus to just lay waste to a boss.

Also if Dancouga doesn't come back next game so we get that sweet brofist move again this series is dead to me.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

They were just Londo Bell in 2 but didn't the team get an original name in 3 and 4?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Really they should just give every battleship hit and away. It is not like their attacks are so strong that it would make them too powerful.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Caros posted:

- Guys! The whole multiverse is about to coll-

- Shut the gently caress up, we're playing with models here!

Much as I'd like to see it, I don't expect Build Fighters in Z3.2 since they just announced a second season. I doubt they'd want to include only the first half of a series in their finale, since it'd make Build Fighters hard to include in the following series.

While I agree that Build Fighters won't be in Z3 saying they won't use it because they are making a new season is a crazy thing to say when they have used the Rebuild movies twice.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Caros posted:

I did consider that, but I guess for me the difference is that they know the new Build Fighters series would be over probably some time in early 2015 so its probably easier to wait. Waiting for Rebuild to finish would mean not touching Eva until somewhere around 2062.

You must really be an optimist to think they will finish the Eva movies this century.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wish they'd give bosses multiple themes. One that's more dramatic for when they first show up and threaten the team and a more upbeat one for when the team gets pumped up and rallies together to beat the boss.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So after watching episode 7 of Unicorn I'm expecting some pretty good crossover material between it and 00. The real question is if they let us use the Banagher Unicorn hybrid and the ELS Qan[T] for multiple stages or they just make them show up for the last stage like the Nirvash spec 3 or the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So what is the deal with Evangelion in Z3? Do the angels and all the conspiracy stuff have anything to do with other series or is it all pretty much self contained and similar to the show?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Son Ryo posted:

I still think Z1 beats it. Not a fan of the squad system, not having Wide formation makes enemy squads take too long to kill even if you have good ALL weapons.

Yeah the thing that killed me the most in Alpha 2 and 3 was that it took so darn long to kill things for most of the game.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Man I wish they would use Ideon again just to see how they would implement it in a more modern SRW.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Maybe I just played the game weird. I played the Alpha games after Z so part of it was probably that I really wanted some sort of Wide formation attack that let me hit the whole enemy squad.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hivac posted:

I've heard MX was super easy, but did Dendoh have something as silly as Inertial Canceller? The drat thing feels as strong as an A.T. Field for god's sakes.

I gave the full energy every turn part to Gunbuster just so it would have energy to use attacks after blocking 10 hits a turn.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

KoB posted:

Do you guys think OG will ever give us a Grungust Type-4?

Yes but it will probably be destroyed immediately to form the Shin Ryukooh or be made into boxer parts for the Exbein.

Grungusts are the best units in the game though.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

While we are talking about Z3 How much do the characters remember about the past three games? Do they remember all of it and just edit out the missing characters or do they think different events went down?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Perfectio had a ballin theme and any guy whose final attack is to pop out of his mech to attach on foot should be respected not feared. Coincidentally Chirico is the best character in Z3.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Probably not. I'd put a bigger bet on Kittan returning in Z3.2.

Banjo was actually in this game he was just saving everyone who died off screen.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

The Geminia is apparently ridiculously huge, standing at 144.7 meters.

Edit: That or someone mixed the values between weight and height.

They just wanted something to compete with the Neo Zeong.

Speaking of big robots why does the main character's robot in Z3 get so much bigger when it changes form? The whole game I thought it was just transforming but when if looked through the library it was actually getting much larger and a lot heavier.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2014 around 08:20

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kanos posted:

Something something Uranus System something something Power of Teamwork something something Psychodrivers.

I can tell you got a doctorate in Super Robotology.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

As much as I like the more experimental SRW games I wish we could get a game with sprite versions of the Eldran shows.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

In the game that escalates from the madness and scale that is the Gurren Lagaan ending I hope the new series added in Z3-2 is Patlabor.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hikarusa posted:

ZZ will be in, but solely to give context for Mobile Suit Vs Giant God.

I would be so down for this.

Honestly they don't have to give ZZ much story if they don't want to. Just have Judau steal a weakened Zeta while Kamille is on a secret mission or something. All he has to do is interact with Haman every now and then.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Has anyone else been watching Captain Earth? I think it is pretty drat good, im excited for it perhaps being included in a SRW down the road.

I could see it fitting surprisingly well with Evangelion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

1st Stage Midboss posted:

I dunno how it'd fit into Z3.2, but Rebuild 3.0 would work great as part of a standalone game's cast (once the last movie gives it an ending to work with). Sure, it'd only give you a couple of robots and its plot wouldn't provide many stages, but what it would perfectly frame "here's the first space stage" and "here's your first carrier", and setting-wise it'd be an easy fit for any game where the world's kind of messed up (i.e. most every SRW ever).

Which one was the GBA SRW where the whole world was horrible and you had to join forces with Axis out of necessity? I would like to see another game like that with 3.0.

• Locked thread