Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hunter Noventa posted:

Yesssss.

I'm still annoyed that I can't get G Bankaran's theme to show up in Z3's custom music list. I made room and everything, but Boss Borot has to go without.

When was the last time we got a surprise like G Bankaran in a SRW game? G Bankaran came out of nowhere and is probably my favorite OG robot now. All the mainline games either show every series in the CG opening or in the attract mode. I think it would be awesome to just have something like Layzner just show up unannounced out of nowhere midgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hellioning posted:

That might happen in an OG title, but it'd make no sense in a mainline game. If you're including Layzner in the game, why wouldn't you want to advertise the fact to attract Layzner fans?

I understand business wise why you wouldn't do something like that I would just like to be surprised ever once in a while.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I picked up most of the mech names over the years by looking over their profiles at mahq.net. I think it lists pilot names there too.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/srw/srw.htm

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

People who didn't use that attack to kill the final boss of Z3.1 were playing a different game than me.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm still mad Yuki and Carla or Ryoto and Rio didn't get the pheonix/turtle robot. I mean come on it would have been the best way possible to make them relevant.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

There are a lot of people they should honestly just leave out for a game, so they can come back in the next game after that and feel fresh and new, same as they do in the main line games sometimes.

My secret dream is that the couple with the baby from the first game show up at the grand finale of the series to save the day.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

One of their babies grows up into Basara and he shows up to play GONG after some space-time shenanigans.

Either that or the kid teaches Axel how to handle a guitar (could've easily sorted out Perfectio if you had one, man)!

OG really needs a music character in the vain of Basara or Mic Sounders.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Couldn't you get him in J? I'm pretty sure Touya could at least if he didn't use any of the girls enough.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kanos posted:

Alpha 2 was the only game that actually did battleships right because every single one of them was excellent. Basically every other game has only one good battleship or no good battleships.

I never really understood their insistence in giving some battleships terrible aim. In original generations you would consistently get 30% chances to hit. That just makes me never use the battleships for anything. It is not like their attacks are super power and one shot the bad guys.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

KoB posted:

Its also hinted that Frontal is actually Char Aznable from a different timeline/dimension/etc.

Isn't that impossible with the way dimension hopping works in the Z universe?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

Yeah, it's generally agreed that there's no way in hell they're gonna use the actual episode 7 plot since everything that happened was stupid, terrible, and wouldn't actually contribute to the game one bit. At least they basically have open season to make Laplace's Box into anything they want!

The secret of Laplace's Box will probably be something like all the worlds were originally one or maybe something to do with Paradigm City. I imagine the events with the Unicorn itself will play out somewhat similarly. It basically lets them do something similar to what they did with the Nirvash at the end of Z.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wonder if we will actually get the ending of Orguss. The bad guys could easily be Baal guys but I don't think the actual ending of the show would work with the story of the Z games.

Orguss is one of the few shows from the original game to continue to show up so they must have some sort of plan for it.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 16, 2014

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Of course they will. I doubt it will even be a secret but just something that always happens.

Or crazy answer she dies but ZZ Gundam is introduced and Plu or Plu 2 get her suit.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I don't know the specifics but you want Ideon to get low HP and also not to kill or hit anything. Basically the worse you do in battle the higher the gauge gets and the better you do the lower it gets.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

That's interesting to hear. I didn't check out the past two games because the animations looked way too stiff and stilted compared to the usual SRW.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Endorph posted:

I think Dancouga Nova is just a Banpresto Original at this point. Has it failed to be in anything since it's debut?

It wasn't in OE. All I know is that they better bring back original Dancouga in Z3.2. That fist bump dynamic kill was one of the best things they have done in years.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

I want a combo attack with Mazinger and every other Rocket-Punchable robot where 100 Rocket Punches features the flying fists of all the other robots as well.

Also another Shinn/Luna Destiny/Impulse combo but we're probably getting that in Z3-2 anyway.

Sounds like it is time to introduce combo map attacks.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Really I just don't even know where they are going to go with Z3.2. I guess it will depend on which new series they add. Honestly I wish towards the end of the game they just say screw it and let all the shows from Z pop back up. It feels kind of weird that the series will end without most of the shows that that were a part of it in the first place. Going from the end of Z3.1 back to Full Metal Panic enemies seems crazy even though similar things happened in the Alphas.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 11, 2014

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ActionZero posted:

No you see the Satellite Cannon takes 4.03 seconds to charge so that means it has to be useable only every 4 turns when each turn is about a minute long when they actually measure that. Also let's not make it especially powerful compared to other units' final attacks.

I'm not at all bitter about this.

I just wish we'd get a combo Satellite Cannon Attack with X and Double X. If Mazinger and Great Mazinger get like 6 combo attacks they can give the Gundams one.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Ashsaber posted:

I think there was one in R. I also remember seeing an attack video showing the DX and like 8 G-Bits firing Satellite Cannons at the same time. Now wouldn't those be amazing to see in Hd, or at least in a game with graphics more advanced than R.

I've never played it but from everything I've heard R sounds like a game that they really tried to take advantage of the crossover world. Also I'm pretty sure it let you have a combo attack with any two mobile suit that used bits or funnels which is the kind if thing I wish more games did.

Maybe it's D I'm thinking of. Which ever one of those had you join up with Neo Zeon.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 11, 2014

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Materant posted:

That was D. D had some really interesting ideas involving Gundam antagonists that really haven't been used again since.

I just really like the idea of one series's antagonists joining the good guys because the other bad guys are so much worst.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, Frontier is the easiest one to fit in basically. I'm sure they'd love to use Original if they could but they can't.

They clearly love MX7 and use it at every chance though. Basara basically gets the lavish fan treatment every single time he shows up in a game. Gamlin gets to show up too because odds are Koyasu is already voicing six dudes in any given SRW as-is.

I'd kind of like to see them try to do a game that uses original Macross and serves as some sort of Lost in Space story. They could put in shows that don't really involve the Earth as a setting like Vifam, Crossbone Gundam, Megazone, and Ideon.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I know what I want in Z3-2 but will never get: Hathaway's Flash.

There was a suit from it in the Unicorn OVA so you never know.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 14, 2014

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Yeah with the amount of copies that these games sell it probably isn't worth the development time to move it to the PS4. The increased sales probably wouldn't amount to enough.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I think the speed up version they use in J is better than the original.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Speaking of shows with good openings I hope Layzner shows up in a new game sometimes soon. (OE doesn't count)

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Caphi posted:

I hope Build Fighters never shows up. SRW is way into unironic ridiculous large-scale spectacle and Build Fighters is into something wonderful but very different. Even assuming they could exposit their way in (and I believe it, SRW is shameless), everything lovable about the show would end up even worse off than Dai-Guard.

(I mean, I love Dai-Guard as a unit, and Akagi has some good character moments, but honestly.)

This is crazy talk. I need my Build Fighters Try G Gundam crossover story.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

MarsDragon posted:

If we're putting in Star Wars then we should also have Legend of the Galactic Heroes for maximum space opera.

Star Wars and LoGH are both dumb in a game with robots in the titles. Whose favorite SWR units are the battleship and fighter planes? Macross doesn't count.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kaidyn posted:

Why doesn't Macross count?

Because it can become a robot and isn't just a battleship.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If they don't want to make every series model sized all they have to do is make all of the models into suits in some sort of mobile suit fighting league and call all the builders mechanics or engineers. Characters can still sperg out about meeting the famous suits used by other Gundam characters and everything.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 8, 2014

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Obviously you use the best Front Mission game. Gun Hazard.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Star Driver has way more style than substance but that style was enough to keep me watching it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Also I think the final battle of Star Driver would work really well in a Super Robot Wars game.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Honestly, just like OO, splitting the show into two seasons and letting Sunrise dictate changes between them is what hurt Code Geass the most.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

God speed. I love these games but I have real problems with trying to play through them a second time.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Rascyc posted:

I think the Gunbuster animations suck other than Buster Beam. Inazuma Kick is just so utterly anti-climatic.

From what I was told, the Gunbuster is half busted from being salvaged from a block of ice with only Noriko in it as a result of one of the quakes. Kazumi is simply not in this dimension, and I want to say Noriko doesn't remember poo poo

Inazuma Kick couldn't be too flashy so that when Kazumi comes back we can get Super Inazuma Kick. Man I hope Diebuster is in the next game. I need an Inazuma Kick combo attack or even better a Super Gainax Special.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Rascyc posted:

ANIME JA NAI

oh my god I forgot about the few seconds of the evolution of cro-magnon->amuro->kamille->judau in the OP

Please it's Skull->Monkey->Cro-Magnon->Amuro->Kamille->Judau

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Trombe has been dead for a long time, right? He should probably just get a new horse.

I wish at some point he had been in a non original game with G Gundam and gotten to ride Funsaiki.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It's gonna be the sequel to that virtual card game the released a while ago.

Or OE2 with even worse leveling/difficulty mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I thought she acted weird because the Gemini sphere was giving here a spit personality but after reading up on things you don't get the sphere until you steal it from the drunken hobo guy at the very end of the game.

I still wish we got a main character with the Pisces or Aquarius sphere so we could get an amphibious original.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 6, 2014

• Locked thread