Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

AradoBalanga posted:

So, apparently the spirit command Invincible got a nerf in this game. It now reduces damage by 1/8 instead of "next attack only does 10 damage".

Reduces damage by 1/8 or to 1/8? Because a 1/8th damage reduction isn't worth the SP cost where a 7/8ths one is still pretty decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

ImpAtom posted:

Hm, yeah. It isn't on the website or PS3 store yet.

Play-Asia hasn't shipped mine yet so if it shows up before they do I think I'm just gonna bite the digital bullet.

Play Asia shipped mine last night. Despite getting quick shipping it will still take a week to arrive according to FedEx.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
It happens whenever characters try to remember a previous series or character that isn't in the game, but is related. They all mention their heads hurting, but then it clears up and they cannot remember anything.

The most notable instance of this I have seen so far, is when Kei from Orguss arrives in the second Aquarion stage and is in the middle of saying 'Hey Apollo! Aquarion looks a bit different-' and cuts off with this. Then he is confused about what he was saying because he can't remember Apollo or the original Aquarion any longer.

Alternatively it could be the noise that happens whenever there is a Dimensional Quake.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
It seemed like it was related to his being able to summon Genion, which only started from the beginning of the game I believe. But I could have easily missed it being a thing he's had forever, my Japanese is not so great really.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Suzune would be a tiny bit more engaging, if so far her purpose did not literally seem to be 'a damsel in distress to protect', so Hibiki has something to fight for. He has some neat stuff going on that could have made him really interesting. He's just...not.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
The Macross Quarter has also been pretty rad in any game I have played with it in it. L included.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
In Z3 it doesn't kick in until weirdly late, so you probably haven't missed as much as you think you have.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Nono probably wouldn't realise Noriko is her Nonoriri for ages honestly, Nono is...pretty dense all things considered.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
The recent Masoukishin games kind of are a weird anachronism honestly. Still, 2 was still pretty fun to play and the cast is generally fun to watch interact even if they are sort of terminally Anime.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Yanlong unlocked the potential for Possession in RoEG, and his final finisher in the path you unlock it on has an effect similar to Possession. However he didn't actually quite get there, because he couldn't maintain it and Granveil didn't change form. But he was really close basically and used it for a quick burst of power. He manages to finish it off in PoJ, but I haven't played it so I don't know the details.

Essentially from what I gather, where the first Masoukishin game was about Volruss and RoEG dealt with the second trio of Dark Gods, Lastifort the god of peace (who wants to rob everyone of the will to defy him and basically turn them into slaves, which is technically peaceful) PoJ dealt with the third one whose name I cannot remember. He is the dark god of creation and basically Fang's dad is trying to bring back people who have died to life, I think his wife in particular. He tries to get people to side with him by promising to bring back their loved ones as far as I can judge from certain dialogues on scenes from the ending stage. I believe he dies, and then gets brought back to life but the god has basically taken over his body and mech.

Judging from what happened with SUPER VOLKRUSS and SUPER LASTIFORT and mentions of a combined and almighty evil god that was split into the three they had in RA GEAS in the modern day I would expect to see the combined super evil god reappear in Coffin of the End.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
On a completely different topic, I know that there is at least one colony in the OG universe given Rai and Ratschel, but are there any others? I am trying to figure out how Trailers would fit into it and unless there are multiple colonies my assumption is that trailers would have to do stuff on the Earth as well.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Just look at the SRX and Banpreios, it's really big on the knife appendages! And just big in general...

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
If I have learned one thing from Super Robot Wars...

...it is that "THE NU GUNDAM ISN'T JUST FOR SHOW!"

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Andy has more development than Pierre did. The original Aquarion crew pretty much didn't have much character development at all outside of the core trio. Also the guy that got turned into a weird angel-cyborg-hybrid I guess.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

TARDISman posted:

That's mostly because it's not technically a Super, it's a Combining Robot. Look at stuff like Dancougar/Nova and things like that and they all end up being pretty fragile while still having an absolutely absurd damage output, even Gurren Lagann ends up being pretty weak on the defensive end and incredibly EN hungry, it comes with the territory.

I found Gurren Lagann in Z2 to be tanky as heck personally. In Z3 it's more fragile, but basically everything without a barrier (or is Aquarion) is.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
She is Scandinavian, yes. Gaddess has a number of Norse themed attacks and Fleki and Geri are an allusion to Fenrir in one of them.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
The ACE trio of Transformers shows and Car Robots (Robots in Disguise) are pretty good fits for Super Robot Wars both with plots, and also silly mid season powerups and new attacks. The American made series would be harder to fit generally speaking and the animation style on the 3d series would be odd to translate to SRW.

But I don't see Hasbro agreeing to it any time soon really. So it's just a nice daydream.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I personally prefer Mizu no Hoshi e Ai wo Komete to Toki wo Koete. Also it took me ages to actually hear Toki wo Koete as it never gets used and for ages my only exposure to Zeta Gundam was through SRW.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I'm personally confused why you would ever use Triangular when Lion is an option. I couldn't find my Vita's USB cable so I had to stick with the default BGMs in the end though.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Good news, that's his game as well.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
OG 2nd definitely has a soft reset, and I thought it was the same. I remember because if you hold it down, it skips the main menu and goes straight to the load game screen to let you continue like you would in another SRW.

Edit: It's been a while since I last played it, and I really should get back to finishing off those last dozen missions!

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
As much as I'd like to see ZZ Gundam in, reconciling her age with Puru 1 and Puru 2 would have been...interesting. Not impossible I guess depending what they do with the ending of Z3.1, but it would be slightly convoluted at best.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I haven't gotten to that place in Z2-2 again yet, but didn't what's her name the old hag do that, during a time when Uther had not yet taken charge of the situation?

That's right and Uther promises to find a way to restore her, which is why he keeps her around until the Sphere powers go down. I also believe this is why the artificial DAMON in Z2.2 are all from his forces, because they are people who volunteered for it.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I got Daguza to ace because I put him in the custom Delta Plus and he did pretty well in it all things considered.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

AradoBalanga posted:

Also, it seems you can overwrite Basara's songs, if I read that correctly.

That's kind of funny if so, and that's what I read as well.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I'm Capricorn so I'm not sure what the deal for me is. Someone want to spoil it for me?

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

ImpAtom posted:

gently caress them! :smith:

On the other hand Aurora is still really good.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
This is pretty cool if it really comes to pass! I know enough Japanese to play the games and get the basic gist of the plots but having am English version would be pretty great.

Their translations in the video were fairly decent as well. I'm assuming that the English beneath and next to the Japanese text and names was because they just edited the Japanese video and don't have a translated product ready yet.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

BlitzBlast posted:

Personally I'm waiting to see what they romanize Cybuster as next.

The Cyberstar.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
The thing with the Moon Dwellers translations was that they seemed weird, but, they also seemed genuinely faithful. A lot of the random chatter and quotes in SRW games feel strange in English. They were better than machine translation, it seemed like an actual person was doing it, but they definitely were not well localised.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

Race Realists posted:

as much as im happy that they're releasing OGMD in English, you gotta admit its somewhat dumb to translate a sequel and not the other games in the series

In an ideal world yes they would do this. But remember that translation costs money. Even if they skip out on marketing and a physical release there are time and costs involved in translating or localizing a game.

With the older games they probably would not make back their costs let alone make a profit. It's not a sound idea for them to release the old games in English. With a new game on a current console they will get the best chance of getting a return on their investment.

So unfortunately it would be more foolish for them to release the old games than the new ones.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

BlitzBlast posted:

Here's what the actual translation will look like.

Seems fine to me, though that font's pretty eh.

It's a little stilted but that's pretty much what you would get if you directly translated the original material without making it sound more natural for an English speaker. For me it would probably be tolerable I guess? I have a surprising fortitude for bad translations and dialogue after years of PS1 and PS2 JRPGs that came to the West.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
On the other hand that address makes me cringe just looking at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

TheLastRoboKy posted:

They know their English speaking market.

I know, and it makes me cringe even worse.

• Locked thread