Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Broken Loose posted:

E X C E L L E N T

I think that looks FANTASTIC. I'm almost getting a GGG feel from it based on the wing on its back. Love the coloring too. Its attacks are loving awesome, already way more badass than Li-Brasta's.

Also there is a Z3 stream up right now - http://www.twitch.tv/natsuyatamashii

Just from early stages....this original is already competing with the hot blooded manliness of RaiOh, and RaiOh is basically my favorite original ever...

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
The Zeta sprites look absolutely fantastic, i really like how they are doing the partner system in this game as well. Marida's animations are badass as well.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Yeah no source that I have found either, but I have a good feeling it will make it in. Here's to hoping.....and watching streams all day to see if i can catch a glimpse of some awesome surprises.

Also Heero in Bonta-Kun gently caress yes.

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 9, 2014

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Dr Pepper posted:

What.

This needs more context, it's the most amazing sounding thing.

Thats all i've got of it, if someone can read moonspeak, maybe they can translate whats happening.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Samurai Sanders posted:

"It seems I don't suit this robot very well, so I'll leave the rest to you"

Seems like a similar situation to the Bonta map in W(?) The soccer game

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Endorph posted:

Her pilot suit is one, too.

Her pilot suit is awesome, leave it alone :) a manly rear end dual pilot original wouldn't be complete without a scantily clad co-pilot.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
I keep seeing the "Tag Tension" Meter on the screen when you receive experience for defeating a unit. It has 2 stars next to it, is this like a relationship between the two units gauge?

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

ImpAtom posted:

As you should be. :smith: UX has great series interaction but awful animations, cutsin aside.

Also a small Z2/Z3 spoiler: Lelouch is still Lelouch so that confirms Trust Zero as the canon Z2 route.

Psht as if there was any doubt this was the canon route. The new JAM project song on the menu is just :worship: :worship:

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Reading through the /m/ threads there are some pretty awesome parts I can't wait to get into

>cockroach invader eats Ryoma
>suddenly pic

>then Space King Kittan, Space Yoko M Tank, and SHIN GETTER YAY appear.
>CHAAAAAANGE GETTA ONE! SWITCH ON

Also theres a badass scene where Schwarzwald Big O shenanigans and tons of MP Big Duo's

FYI Shin getter inherits black getter upgrades :swoon:

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Uber Spoiler Below, pictures of all the unit head's found in the game. Theres some pretty sweet poo poo in there....

Theres a Trust Char/ Don't Trust Char plot choice around the 40's........Based on the screenshot, i know exactly which one i will be choosing..

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 10, 2014

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Its going to be SO hard not to make ALL MY SUPERS use Pierce the Heavens with Your XXX.

So 2ch people who beat the game say

>Nu Gundam under repairs it will use Unicorn Gundam tech for next game
>Char is still neutral
>Kamille, Emma, Fa, Banagher head to Shangri-La for repairs to their units.
>Shin Mazinger plot isn't finished
>TTGL final battle ends incomplete with invaders stopping the battle between Anti-Spiral and TTGL, also a looming Menace of an Emperor(?)
>FMP plot is finished, EVOL Finished
>ELS appear in the epilogue invading worlds
Overall thoughts
>Space module 77 was hinted
>Hostile Aliens from Jupiter
>The Game seems rushed but it's better than Hakai-Hen and animations are great.Maximum break needs improvement, Tri system must return for next game.

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 10, 2014

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
FMP Unit animations have always been awkward in all SRW's in my opinion though, maybe its a choice by the design team.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
The BGM's in this game are just too much. Gunbuster with TTGL music is pretty much the :worship:. Jsut started playing and already decided the Original, TTGL, Gunbuster, Shin Getter and Big O will be my Top aces...FUB'ing them asap.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
As soon as I get my Sazabi, i will immediate change Char's BGM to the Attack on Titan S1 Opening. No possible way it could be boring then.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

TheManSeries posted:

I was gonna go for "Here Comes Char" but to each their own man.

Fair Enough, also a solid choice. I did change the Originals theme (despite me loving it) to Roar, O One Who Break Supremacy. I'm hoping if I put it out into the universe enough we will see the Shura bots back for OGs3.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
It just dawned on me....I can replace every BGM with a different JAM project song....oh gently caress.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Daler Mehndi posted:

I came for the animation, I stayed for the custom BGMs.

Holy poo poo yeah. Anyone know what the song playing during 00/Unicorn attacks was? DAT STONER SUNSHINE THO :swoon:

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Kitfox88 posted:

That Destiny final attack. :allears: I'm just a bit bummed that some of the dynamic kills in it are missing since the first partner doesn't kill the unit. Also jesus christ that Fin Funnel attack.

Actually Chirico's was my favorite. Open the cockpit more often please. :swoon:

The UC animations are just sick. Absolutely sick. Nu Gundam funnel attack will NEVER be skipped.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Endorph posted:

Okay after further analysis I can tell you the following:

It's definitely a song by UVERworld.

I'm 99% sure it was the opening to something.

Guess ill listen to every Uverworld song again....not that I mind. See if we can discover the mystery.

I am really pumped that they avoided ending the battle vs. the Anti-spirals. It gives us TTGL's uber forms just flying about for a while, so good. I am wondering what they might do to change the ending? Nia lives? Kittan doesnt die? if you think about it, with things like Gunbuster, they should be able to just bust through that spiral energy trap without a second thought.

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 11, 2014

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Mandoric posted:

It's CHANGE, isn't it?

YES. Thank you sir.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Brunom1 posted:

:staredog: is the only acceptable reaction to that.

Holy poo poo...

:staredog: I don't even......it's everything I dreamed.....those last two attacks....:pray: Thank you Banpresto.

If they get the whole band back together for Z3.2 and we get to run around with nonsense like this. It will be Alpha 3 all over again.... and my body is ready!

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 11, 2014

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Monathin posted:

I know you can insert your own songs for Z3 stuff, but did they actually put in Pierce The Heavens With Your Drill! as the music? Because holy poo poo that just makes everything even better.

Yeah thats the actual game track, not a custom one. Its in there :)

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Those of you that have been messing with custom BGM's, how hard is it for a non-moonspeak fluent person to work with that system?

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Is the general premise of this games story that all the returning characters lost their memories of the last games?

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 14, 2014

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Pureauthor posted:

To expand on this:

When Kei first runs into the group, everyone at first comments that the Orguss looks familiar before they remember him. Kei, meanwhile, looks at the Aquarion from EVOL and is about to greet Apollo when he gets a headache. After that headache passes he doesn't recognize the Aquarion anymore.

Several people, like Char, appear to realize that there is something deeply wrong with the world as is, even if they don't remember specifics.

Well that is rather depressing, wtf. Maybe all the missing series will re-appear and fix that in Z3.2 though i have heard amuro regains memories towards the end?

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
By the way, i HIGHLY recommend using your own BGM's if you can. It changes the game completely and it is totally EPIC. JAM Project for Guren and Kallen make every second epic. Using the actual vocal versions for HEATS and Kanjite Knight has proven to be the best decision ever.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Broken Loose posted:

Also, "the fate of the blue world and the green one" almost gave me Gaogaigar hype but I know better.

Don't gently caress with my heart...

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Removed for being a fake.

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 15, 2014

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Using TM Revolution - Heart of Sword with Dancouga Nova has yielded fantastic results.
One of my more entertaining combos is CC's Pink Lancelot with the Revolutionary Girl Utena Opening

What are some other people using custom BGM's favorite combinations? Might be cool to see what everyone is doing

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Yeah I played the Gundam route as a first playthrough. I was worried I was doing something wrong because everyone except my Hibiki seemed to be doing garbage damage all the time. Then i really sat and looked at the numbers and overall makeup of your roster those early stages, and realized that route is just filled with absolute garbage for robots for the beginning portions. ReZels are terrible, the Mk2 is a sniper at best and useless otherwise, Fa and Katz are the most pointless characters ever.

Then I got the Delta Plus and put Amuro in it, and laughed as he immediately became top ace. That suit is glorious.

Now that i've started to get TTGL and some other super's its infinitely easier. The 6th Angel stage was a pain in the balls though. Unicorn has been a piece of space trash thus far. Hoping destroy mode will help a lot...

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 16, 2014

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

ImpAtom posted:

The TTGL units are crazy loving good for almost the entire game because of their size. Space King Kittan was capable of keeping up damage-wise with Mazinger Z God Scrander.

Gimy and Dary do more damage than many of my main character pilots, i left them as a squad and they just wreck poo poo.

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 16, 2014

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Brunom1 posted:

It hurts me, too. I need my GA,GA,GA,GA,GA,GA,GAO-GAI-GAR back!

Let's hold out hope that the "Blue" and "Green" planet they talk about at the epilogue is indeed GGG starting up....

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Hivac posted:

I didn't have an issue with the Talos guys, it was when Unicorn grunts started showing up that I got a bit annoyed. "Kill in X Turns" feels a hell of a lot harder in this game.

What level weapons on your using on most of your main attackers? Being on HARD difficulty also affects hit rate/hp i believe, at least it has in the past for SRW's.

If you don't have solid twins set up where the assists can do close to as much damage as a mid-line move for the main pilot it can also be a little tricky. Serpents (the wing grunts with 8550) took me usually 2 attacks to take down, Talos' etc usually like 3 early on.

At least until i FUB'd Gurren lagann and just continuous action and kill like 7 squads per turn

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Materant posted:

(major spoilers) So what's the deal with trusting Char or not? Everywhere I've looked is tight-lipped about it.

I feel like it's very similar to trusting Zero in Z2.2, I feel like it will be the canon route. Plus ill do anything that gets me the Sazabi

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Policenaut posted:

Hey, quick Z2 question. I'm almost 100% done Z2-1's flow chart, I'm just missing that one Follow Celestial Being: Dimension Tremor choice stage. Do I have to complete a 4th run just to get that one stage filled in, or can I complete that stage, save, and move onto Z2-2?

To fully complete Z2-1 you need to play through 4 times. yes that silly 4 choice split needs to be played individually each time. It did however lead me to doing my 4th playthrough as ONLY Gundams (and Gurren Lagann, cause...Gurren Lagann) which ended up being super entertaining.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
A kind soul over at GameFAQS is doing a story summary for every stage with some dialogue translation as well. He usually puts up about a stage a day, i think we are on 20 now. Take a look if your interested in the story and can't ready Japanese - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/751148-dai-3-ji-super-robot-taisen-z-jigoku-hen/69006575

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Just finished my first playthrough, this was a fantastic game, they left the door open for some awesome story in Z3.2, hopefully they make use of all that potential. Getting the FULL band back together in Z3.2 with their memories back and everything would be great.

Heres to hoping we get everyone back Alpha 3 style and maybe they add some badass new series (GaoGaiGar/ZZ/Diebuster) for the final chapter of this 5 game saga.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Rascyc posted:

ZZ gundam really? You want to the spend the final Z game babysitting a bunch of kids?

I just want HD Full Armor ZZ and Quebely Mk. II's. Also Judau would be funny with Banagher and co.

I'd totally take F91/Victory or Crossbone instead though :swoon:

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
:( G Gundam Z3.2 when? That would probably have it surpass Alpha 3 as favorite SRW of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Valid point, as much as I like hibiki and Genion, its going to be VERY hard to surpass Touma and DaiRaiOh, Cobray and Astranagant too....

• Locked thread