Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!
The first four stages are going to be introduced in Famitsu this week.

Estelle's blog also leaked the titles and explained that the DLC will work more or less like UX's did. They'll cost 100 ~ 150 Yen each.

1話 禁忌という名の希望
2話 来たるニュープロブレムボーイ
3話 預けられた背中
4話 学園都市防衛隊

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

『第3次スーパーロボット大戦Z 時獄篇』のカスタムサウンドトラック機能について、お問い合わせを頂いておりますのでお伝えしておきます。PS3版、PS Vita版の両方で当該機能をお使いいただけます(∗❛ัΘ❛ั∗)
皆様、お好きな方をお買い求めください。りょ、両方でもいいんですよ。

https://twitter.com/srw_bng/status/451565143638286336

Custom soundtrack does work for VITA and PS3. I guess they must have gotten a lot of questions about that.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

It's a bit cheaper on Nippon-Yasan at 106 USD for the ¥10,000 card code. The ¥3,000 card costs 36 USD, but they don't have ¥1,000 codes.

I got mine from here and the service was fast, but that might be because I ordered it during the weekdays at office hours.

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 3, 2014

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

S.D. posted:

I see this a lot online about Setsuko's themes, which is a shame because I really liked The Right Stuff. :( Maybe it's because Z1 was my first major exposure into SRW.

Some people just have bad taste and like Rand's obnoxious themes better. Can't do anything about that!

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Hokuto posted:

Just as an update, I did get my PSN code from Nippon-Yasan right around the 22 hour mark, and it works. When they say within 24 hours, be ready for it to be close to that.

I got mine in less than 30 minutes so it's completely unpredictable (which is even worse). Just wondering, when did you order it?

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Genion spoilers:

It's activated by command and only lasts a few turns. You get it in stage 14.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

TheManSeries posted:

I'm just writing it off more as an special attack moreso then upgrade. Similar to how the Brasta got the VFX things.

Genion gets upgrades at:

Stage 4: Suzune as a copilot and Stormbringer
Stage 14: GAI Mode which is limited like NTD/Gravion/Dancougar Nova were at some point

I think the next logical upgrade is a permanent GAI mode and not a whole different unit.

Edit: The branched upgrade is a lie. No one who has the game has gotten past stage 20 so far.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Group's name spoiler:

It seems to be Z-BLUE: Z Busters Link Universe & Earth

EDIT: Here's also a video of Genion's attacks. There's some very early (chapter 5) spoilers in there after 0:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhBDo9PLLmw

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 9, 2014

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Hivac posted:

I don't really know my way around nico, could someone tell me where they're finding the videos?

Someone was streaming the game earlier. He fell asleep 6 hours ago.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Rascyc posted:

How does Z3 fit into the Z continuum anyway? I have a friend who was mildly interested in playing but would have to start with the PS3 title because of system limitations. This is a Japanese fluent friend, as a random aside.

The first stage literally starts right after Z2's ending.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Genion has a barrier called D-Fault. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3o_Ta0Zyr4

New original spoilers

Demo reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPAgGeRIzZM

Other spoilers: As of stage 11 space route, Camille thinks Full Frontal is Char.

I think I'm going to go crazy before I can actually download this game.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23294809

Genion's Attacks up to stage 5.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23295441

30 mins of quit messages.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

It's to 1/8 damage.

Trust is now 3000 HP and Soul is now only 2.2 damage.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Yeah I'm sold on this thing now. Hibiki's VA isn't very good at screaming though. Unless he's supposed to sound like he's in pain for his finisher?

First time he's activating the Quarreling Twins after stealing it from Geminia's pilot.

Edit: ニーベルング・アナイレーション Nibelung Annihilation?

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 12, 2014

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Are we talking about Mikono? :allears:

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

How does it feel to be objectively a bad person?

I also used Katz in Nu Gundam through Z1.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

What's her Ace Bonus?

Shares her Element power (+5 SP regeneration) to the entire team she's in, including sub pilots.

EDIT: Shrade also survives, but his and Jin's survival is tied to an if route apparently.

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 14, 2014

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

So basically once you get her Ace'd there's no reason to use her again. :v:

She needs to be seated in Gepard at least!

EDIT: Byalant Custom is a secret: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23332511

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 14, 2014

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Levantine posted:

So am I correct that the DLC missions are accessible from the intermission menu? I found a menu that seems to list what DLC I have (guessing, can't really read it) and the stage it's accessible after? For example, the first seems to indicate I can do it after stage 4. Is that automatic or will I be able to choose it when I want?

You can access them after unlocking them, but if you don't go to that menu they won't play out.

Anyway, there's another free DLC here: http://www.suparobo.jp/pmc/campaign/3zpsn/

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

That's all fake. There's no source and when you reverse search the date/ID tags they lead you nowhere.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Son Ryo posted:

If you have it downloading in the background you can totally switch PSN accounts, I don't know what you're talking about.

I can confirm this as I've done it every single time I get something from Japan.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Kanos posted:

Too bad the Raphael is such a pile of poo poo that it's in the running for one of the worst non-grunt mobile suits in the game.

Seriously, Banpresto? You couldn't give it a single P attack? Even the lovely beam rifle?

Hit and Away + Making him sub to a unit with a lot of P attacks. It's easy to fix.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

I actually like the idea of Hibiki but only because I want a good Sousuke/Heero expy for OG. His design isn't too generic but they didn't do anything interesting with him.

Anyway, what's up with Suzune? What's everyone's theories? I noticed that she's barely talked since after Paradigm City, but that's probably because she's just a main character accessory.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

Plus the Eternal was lame and barely qualified as a ship so much as a bloated support unit that can't run back to your actual battleships to stay out of the way.

seriously why would you ever use the Eternal in that game

For the only reason you should ever use a ship. Support.

Honestly I never had issues with it but I invested all of Lacus' points in dodging and that thing ended up with some nice dodge rates.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Portable Staplefrog posted:

I sometimes had Sayaka dodge. Maybe that was the problem.

Dodging doesn't affect anything.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Hokuto posted:

On the note of Aquarion EVOL, I have not watched the series, but after seeing the way it was handled in Z3, I have to agree with the rest of the thread's assessment that the supporting cast is a thousand times more interesting than the main protagonists. I was ready for Yunoha to be a bad character just from her design alone, but she turned out to have one of the more touching story arcs in the game.

I usually don't like her character type, or what I expected of her, but she's really amazing.

I wish I had two Aquarions still.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

Well, that explains how Tytti loses Gaddess and pilots something new. It (presumably) gets destroyed/captured along with the rest of the Elemental Lords.

I think she wasn't in Lagran when it got sealed off so her machine is in there along with the rest of the Antillas Squad.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Ethiser posted:

They just wanted something to compete with the Neo Zeong.

Speaking of big robots why does the main character's robot in Z3 get so much bigger when it changes form? The whole game I thought it was just transforming but when if looked through the library it was actually getting much larger and a lot heavier.

Genion GAI weights the same, it just gets bigger by repositioning it's limbs and turning around waist up.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

KoB posted:

Char says that he became Char again just to defeat Gadlight and restore the world. I hope he returns to Quattro and Z3-2 gives us the G-Gen Char with Quattro sunglasses, the raddest of Chars.

e: this also makes it sound like the original Singularities are not just Kei and Orson, but also a third (totally Xine/Queen).

I've never seen this. Do you have a picture around?

I'm so happy we got this Char instead of the movie one. It was amazing when my expectations turned out right.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Caphi posted:

I wish, it'd be a lot better than Hibiki.

He probably suffers from the game being split in two. I personally liked Crow less.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still don't know if the two halves of the Gemini sphere are Hibiki and Gadlight, or Hibiki and Suzune.

I have no doubts that they'll be fighting in this part.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Ethiser posted:

If they just hand wave the rest of the spheres away with something like the bad guys already stealing them I'm gonna be pretty salty. Give me a mech design for every sphere Banpresto.

But then what are they going to hold hostage for when Z gets into an OG game?

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

But Crowe is great and Hibiki is terrible. :confused:

Crow's archetype is the most boring ever. Didn't help that Brasta was equally boring.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

I don't quite have the game yet, but I should be able to download it today or tomorrow so I'd welcome people to play with. PSN name is the same as this.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Do the other pilots in the teams count? Because that way you could get *quick math* up to 12 girls around Kei, for a +36 bonus to all stats.

And then there's all these other weird things like the Elements powers and whatnot that isn't clear on who it affects or not.

In Z3 it's all and any females adjacent to him, regardless of what kind of pilot they are.

For the record, Mikon's ace bonus affects everyone in her team, including subpilots of both units.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Do they send you the code directly or do you need to wait for a card?

Depends on what time of the day you place your order. They'll be closed for a lot of days this weekend so you won't be getting it till Monday. They are closed on weekends so you have until Friday 7PM JST or they'll work on your order the next Monday.

Basically order early morning JST on a day not Friday if you want to get it quickly.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Why aren,t you using Basara!? :psyduck:

Terrible decisions right here, people.

Also not using all the people with Daunt is kinda bad.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I wish I upgraded weapons more. I just did the final mission of Defy Destiny with the Big O fight and missed the SR point after several tries because the two Big O's remaining (at triple digit HP) refused to attack any of the party members surrounding them and tried to rush at my Big O on the other end of the map. If my guys had better weapons, they probably would have been able to take them out faster.

There's pretty much enough money to upgrade all your team to 5 bars by that point if you bought System DME.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Brunom1 posted:

On the subject of parts like these, is it the total damage EVERYONE does to all enemies or just the total damage done by the unit equipped with it?

All the systems are for your whole team so they are incredibly broken and should be what you focus on in your first run. DME particularly gives you so much money that I don't know what to do with it and I'm just in my first run, still.

If they aren't nerfed in Tengoku, it's exactly what I'll do again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

KoB posted:

I think they are running a sale on the Z series on PSN right now. I might be wrong, I cant read Japanese. I was looking for Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Those are the digital version of 'The Best' editions... which I didn't know they did.

• Locked thread