Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I like how even the X-Zone trailer shows how much of a slog the games are. They are doing next to no damage to those enemies, even if they are all bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
When you think about, we are all Gym because we keep buying these games to make them all fight these super robot wars over and over again because we find it fun as gently caress.

Gym was right.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
So I'm about to play Impact, I remember there being some important things to note in regards to how I should play it and what units to use beyond "Don't play Impact". I know one involves Excellen, I'm supposed to avoid a certain upgrade or attack or something? Is it also the game where the worst robots end up being the strongest because they have more upgrade slots or something? I know it's a slog, so anything that helps that will be appreciated!

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Alright thanks for the tips guys. Nothing will stop me from playing Impact, I've played the rest of the series I can to death and don't own a PS3. I'm glad my good friend the Texas Mack will get its day in the sun.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Guys Impact is really awful but I'm at Act 3 so it's the home stretch. I'm towing the line to fight Char and I'm leaning towards skipping it. I think this game would be neat, if a little bad, but it is SO SLOW. I feel like I could beat Alpha 3 2 or 3 times in the same time frame, and now that I have less free time I think I'll be in Act 3 for awhile. Texas Mack being my MVP is really sweet though, and the idea of rushing every map is kind of neat and keeps most maps short (for Impact) which is nice. I just want this to be over but I can't stop now. Have fun with your good SRWs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I got a vita so I can play SRWZ3 now. I fear the last 12 chapters of Impact, but I'm so close to beating it. I have a week until SRWZ gets here, wish me luck.

I have decided to fight Char, me and my friend Texas Mack will be his end.

• Locked thread