Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hokuto posted:

I hope they sell the mass production Bonta-kun version in the bazaar.

Edit: And that they let you put anyone in it. Or at least Kurz or Mao. Shut up, I can dream.
The MP Bonta-kun attack is literally Sosuke asking Heero, Chirico, Rei and Setsuna to put them on and then go wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

I suppose it makes sense if we're considering them as high-school friends. Maybe they all move in to Ashford at some point?

Or maybe they'll be students in that NERV-school!
Adding Milly Ashford into the crazy shenanigans of Sosuke Sagara would be very interesting. Except, Geass is 99% likely post-R2 in the game, meaning Milly has graduated and moved on to being a reporter.

That said, Fumoffu being set in the NERV-funded school would be amazing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

You can start the game with the Granteed and get Mazinkaiser on chapter 15. You also get Zeorymer in like chapter 13 if you don't want to get Great Zeorymer. You have to actively try to lose with those guys.

And those are just the big names, player characters in general are just wildly overpowered in J and you never stop getting new guys to carry you. Like it's kind of hard to have difficulty at the end because they just hand you Freedom and Justice in METEORs.
Let's not forget that one of the most broken units in the game is the goddamn Nadesico, your first battleship that arrives on chapter TWO. In part because of the relationship bonuses (a big love bonus from Akito and 4 friendship bonuses from Gai, Ryoko, Hikaru and Izumi), but also because of how insanely powerful the Gravity Blaster is. And the Nadesico has 5 spirit pools to draw from. Coupled with the enemy AI being programmed to "target slowest unit on the field first", and Yurika becomes one of the deadliest things on the map.

That's right, gigantic ditz Yurika Misumaru can be easily turned into a Destroyer Of All Things with a few upgrades. And unlike Murrue and the Archangel, Yurika and the Nadesico don't get beaten to death with a nerf bat over the course of the game. Yurika and Nadesico get better.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hellioning posted:

To be fair, that is entirely consistent with the show. Like everyone else on the Nadesico, Yurika is crazy, but very competent.
True, but when you have the Archangel getting repeatedly hit with nerf after nerf, the Nadesico stands out more.

Hivac posted:

Obviously the best place to start is A Portable
Don't even joke like that.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TARDISman posted:

The nerfs are pretty faithful to the series since the crew on the Archangel are like a game of whack a mole. Come to think of it do they ever save Tolle in a different game, like in Alpha 3 or something?
W (if you get the Nicol secret), but he's just off to the side because only the Valstork is the only battleship that has access to more than two pilots in that game.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Onmi posted:

Team at the end of Stage 15 (apparently)

Trider, Shuttle, Tetsujin, Black Ox, God Mars, Spacecrusher, Scopedog (Chirico), VOTOMS dude, UC gundam x 2, Methuss (Fa), Gundam MK II (Camille), ReGZ (Amuro), ReZEL Commander type (Ridhe), Unicorn (Banana), Altron, Deathscythe Hell, Talgeese III, Taurus (Noin), Taurus (Hilde), Destiny, Dancougar Nova, Ozma, Canaria, Klan, Michel, Alto, Luka, Kouji, Sayaka, Boss, Daiguard, Clouseau, Mao, Kurtz, Sousuke (Arbalest), Gurren Lagann, King Kittan (Spiral Weaponry), Yoko, EVA 01. EVA 00, Gurren SAITEN, Lancelot Frontier
So the whole Wufei being an enemy during Endless Waltz is now getting turned into "Wufei betrays everyone at some point and sides with Mariemaia because JUSTICETM!"?

Odd, but then again, does anyone care about Wufei, aka Wing's favorite punching bag?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

We grinders do, he's great for PP farming on those maps where he keeps coming rezzing when he dies
I meant as a character, not as one of the best fountains of EXP/PP/money.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Shenlong is the only Wing lead suit to not show up in Build Fighters.

Nobody likes Wufei.
Hell, Frozen Teardrop just has Wufei as a grumpy old man with no identical descendant/stand-in, and that's written by Wing's original writer. I think either Noin's son or Zechs' daughter is the Wufei stand-in.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Emuticus posted:

Good gods. I just started A Portable. I'm on Stage 8 with Axel and the Lanz Angriff. I already hate my life.
Well, that's because you picked the most difficult robot to start with. Both of the Supers and the Ashsaber are MUCH better starting points.

But then, A Portable is sadistic, regardless of your starter choice.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hokuto posted:

Other people have said it and I was the same - I was not expecting much coming in, but the game absolutely blew me away. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you give it a shot.

Also Ing loves Kusuha's drinks.
Correction: Ing likes the "super mild" version, not the full version.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Considering what the full version does to people, I'm goddamn amazed. Hell, OGG has Bullet finally gaining a resistance to the health drink, but admits it still tastes like poo poo. That said, Kusuha came up with the "super mild version" idea herself. Probably because of all the reactions to the full version.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Turns out that release date was a typo.

I'm hoping it'll, at least, come out in this semester...
Dark Prison has been out since the 31st.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I have a feeling I've been duped by someone who bought the Infinite Battle bundle and lied.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

If it is who I think it is, they've also been playing Infinite Battle so I think they just bought that, yeah.

Ugh, looking on PSN for that has made me really tempted to just get the drat card...
It is who you think it is, regrettably.

On the flip side, the "unconfirmed leaks" for Z3.1 are starting to trickle out.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Minor plot spoilers;

Sosuke, Heero and Chirico meet up.

"..."
"..."
"..."

Now in picture format.

In other news that should surprise nobody, Gauron is still a pile of bullshit.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Son of a bitch...I'm gonna bet he still has that insta-zeal/focus Lambda Driver, too.
At the moment, it seems to not do the auto-casting like in W. Gauron can still utterly wreck your poo poo once his Lamda Driver kicks in, though. If I'm reading the thread on /m/ right, he managed to one-shot Chirico.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Glitter Armament Infinity sounds like it's a rejected Cosmic Era acronym.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, a few BGMs have been confirmed:

Endless Waltz: White Reflection
Geass: World End
Big O: Stand A Chance

The last one makes me happy.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Some of the Element Powers, taken from /m/:

Andy / Hole Digger - Gains the "Dig" command (like Getter 2), all weapons gain "Ignore Barrier" trait
Shrade / Spiritual Symphony - His Team and any adjacent ally Teams gets +5 in all stats
Malloy / Vulnerability - All weapons gain "Armor Down" effect
MIX / Dimension Compensation - Activates HP and EN Regen (S)
Sazanka / Corrosion - At the beginning of player phase, all enemies within 5 spaces gets -2 Will

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, apparently the spirit command Invincible got a nerf in this game. It now reduces damage by 1/8 instead of "next attack only does 10 damage".

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

HiKaizer posted:

Reduces damage by 1/8 or to 1/8? Because a 1/8th damage reduction isn't worth the SP cost where a 7/8ths one is still pretty decent.
The poster on /m/ seems to have phrased it as the former, but didn't exactly clarify.

The actual post:

quote:

Oh yeah, Invincible got nerfed.

No more auto 10 damage, now its 1/8th damage.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

To be honest Invincible getting hit with the nerf stick is pretty reasonable. It's often been an extremely low-cost nullify-damage thing which you can slap on and leave on until you get hit. 1/8th reduction is still good.
And to be fair, this is only Invincible's second nerf. The first being the transition from its debut in Alpha 2 to R, where it went from "Unit takes 0 damage during a battle phase" to the normal "next attack does only 10 damage".

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, this DLC equip part, the Otodi Fencer(sp?) is pretty crazy.

It gives: 100% Sword Cut activation rate, unit gains the Spiritual Fortitude skill, and evasion decay and placement are nullified.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So this is how Z3.1 handles Celestial Being: The Movie.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TARDISman posted:

In all fairness, Crowe and Esther did the same thing.
"Just one chance!"
"One shot kill!"
Stuff like that.
Crowe and Esther had the justifiable excuse of being Britannian (Crowe's from Chicago, and I think Esther is from the Midwestern United States, IIRC). Hibiki...doesn't exactly have that same excuse.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Mercury Crusader posted:

Embed this at the top of the OP and on the top of every page, thanks in advance:

I second this motion.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

There are a billion new portraits. There are multiple portraits just for "Shinji and Asuka lie in the dark and talk."
Then again, some of the new portraits for Shinn and Kira are downright hilarious. Shinn's default SEED mode portrait (seen in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9ykSzyhDT0) is pretty much "I SHALL STARE INTO YOUR SOUL".

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWyROBa0sEY
Celestial Being: The Movie sequence and most of stage 5.

Oddly enough, the CB members in the movie actually are given proper names: Michael (movie Setsuna), Warren (their Lockon), Jennifer (Allelujah's replacement), and Orson (aka "Black Tieria").

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Did D include Uso fighting the floating bazooka bikini babes? Because that's like the most fun part of Victory, aside from maybe the gigantic rolling death wheel mobile suits.
I don't believe ANY game in the franchise has featured that moment from Victory.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

Gundam AGE?

EDIT: Also, I was gonna give everyone songs that their VAs had sung, but lack of Lunamaria to give Platinum to has made me not care enough to.
Mari is in the game. You'd have to sacrifice Asuka to get her, though.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

It isn't in the slightest. You keep Asuka if you don't activate Eva-03 so she doesn't get Angel'd. You get Mari if you do because Eva-02 no longer has a pilot.
What's more, is that unless you take the route split where Bardiel appears, it appears that Mari joins by default and Asuka goes bye bye. And, on top of things, there seems to be an extra choice on the Bardiel stage if you do activate EVA-03: have Shinji defeat Bardiel on his own, or let him wuss out and let the dummy plug do the work.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

I want W in OG just so we can have a new battleship already.
Considering 2nd OGs ditches the Kurogane around the midpoint of the game, I think we can assume that they are definitely making room for the Valstork.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Has Escaflowne been in any SRW before? Because was an amazing soundtrack with a pretty good series that went with it.
Like ImpAtom said, it didn't go so well. Mostly because the Escaflowne units all had a mech trait called Stealth Cloaks. This made EVERY attack not performed at range 1 ineffective. As in, you had to get into point-blank range in order to do ANY kind of damage to those units.

And then...the music. They tried to replicate the chanting from "Epistle" on the Wonderswan Color's sound chip. It didn't go so well.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Where has this been all my life?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TARDISman posted:

Goddamn is Beecha supposed to be this awful in MX or is it just a joke? The sack of poo poo is level 21 and still doesn't have anything that affects his ability to dodge stuff.
There's a reason why for a good while, the only ZZ characters you'd get would be Judau, Roux, both Purus and Haman (even if she'd count as a Zeta Gundam technically). Hell, even Judau's sister Leina was sometimes picked over people like Beecha and Elle to be a playable character (which is hilarious in Compact 3 since she is the ONLY pilot to make it to Newtype Lv. 9, whereas other Newtypes like Amuro and Judau himself cap out at level 8). It wasn't until the squad system appeared that you could actually USE everyone else from Judau's loony band of friends in different capacities.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Onmi posted:

No, they're playable in SRW3, I think 4, and Alpha 1. they're just never given Mobile Suits in those games, so unless you go out of your way to give them something, they'll sit on the sidelines untouched.
That was kind of my point. The squad-based games actually have stuff lying around TO shove the rest of Shangri-La team into, as opposed to the player having to bench another character in order to use the Shangri-La team. And then there's MX, where ZZ is the big Gundam entry (despite all of the Gundam featured being post-series), so you have stuff that can be given to them.

Pureauthor posted:

All indications are that Aimo is not in this game.

I would've liked to see that ominous remix they did once, though. I think it was called Aimo O.C.
If you mean this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23-vAO53ySk, then yes, that's Aimo O.C.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Rascyc posted:

Why is Asakim even still a thing? He's such a tiring character at this point.
Hikaru Midorikawa.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC8jnXFyrBE
Chirico piloting Bonta-kun, for those that want it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

Excellen would probably enjoy it, but she enjoys pretty much everything.
Excellen would discover that the Genion creates pilot suits based on the pilot(s) inner feelings, turn to Kyosuke and Dr. Radom, and be met with the most emphatic "NO." ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TARDISman posted:

The first stage is different and you get the Original one stage later with one of them. Other than that it's just the individual character arcs, and that can be covered by just a simple little aside (Toya angsts pretty hard right here).
EDIT: A couple stages play out a little different because of previous characterization. The one that springs to mind is the Lacus level, which has Toya predeployed since he goes along with returning her to ZAFT compared to the more militarily disciplined Calvina.
There's also the aftermath to stage...20 or 21, I forget which one. This is where you fight the Fury for the first proper time and meet Al-Van. Touya basically learns he is completely human and actually is part Fury, and mopes a little bit (again) before moving on. Calvina, on the other hand, goes loving ballistic on everyone in the hangar for letting Al-Van escape (since he revealed that he set up the deaths of her comrades during the stage). It takes both the Mithril people and the Cyber Beast Force to stop Calvina from going completely berserk.

• Locked thread
«8 »