Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So where's the best place to get Japanese PSN credit without ludicrous markup? I'm wanting to get this digital to game share with someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Hokuto posted:

General consensus seems to be Nippon-Yasan or Play-Asia.

Other people have said it and I was the same - I was not expecting much coming in, but the game absolutely blew me away. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you give it a shot.

Also Ing loves Kusuha's drinks. :v:

Much appreciated. Is there a price for the download PS3 version yet?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

PSN Credit is ordered.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Is the sales tax for foreigners too or just locals?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

How were you planning to avoid it as a foreigner? Email Sony and ask for it to be refunded to you?

Didn't know if it was just included. I didn't remember paying it on Extreme Vs when I got it digitally, so I just wasn't aware. I'm guessing it's just included in the price that you see on the store page?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

If it shows up in Stage 14 it proooobably isn't the final upgrade even for this game.

I'm just writing it off more as an special attack moreso then upgrade. Similar to how the Brasta got the VFX things.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Kanos posted:

While it's certainly in poor taste, it's not really much different from a Godannar cockpit. Suzune's pilot suit isn't much different from a Godannar one either, come to think of it.

It's stupid as hell but so are cut-ins of gigantic swaying breasts and poo poo so :shrug:

Listen, I liked Godannar. It wasn't like MuvLuv where all the dumb fanservice was there, yet you were expected to take it super serious. Godannar was dumb and fun as hell, but the cockpits and pilot suits it had need to stay in Godannar.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Kanos posted:

I actually agree with you wholeheartedly, but it's hard to feel legitimately outraged over a super robot wars female lead having stupid fanservice attached to her at this point. We crossed over that line around Alpha 3 with Kusuha and Selena's pendulum boobs and Selena's BDSM ninja outfit.

It's the sad fact that the venn diagram of "people who like mecha games" and "people who are likely to buy anime girl hug pillows" has a non-zero overlap.

Yeah, at this point the breast bounce cut it in pretty well tied with SRW at this point and people would complain about it being toned down. It's just a darn shame is all.

I just want it known that the fact this game uses Pride for SEED Destiny is probably one of my favorite details.

SethSeries fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 9, 2014

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Y'know with the fact Macross Frontier's movies have been in a few games, I'm really disappointed we haven't gotten secret unit Isamu, especially since in story despite being just a cameo in the movie, directors have confirmed that he's pretty much the best Valkyrie pilot.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Isamu showed up in UX but only as part of an attack.

Also not unless Max Jenius died offscreen he ain't.

Welp, If you'll excuse me I'll be looking for that footage.

Edit: Found it, but now I'm sad. Also drat, UX has decent cut ins.

SethSeries fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 9, 2014

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

For those Japanese Illiterate, how do I not gently caress up stage 4?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So far my favorite thing is having real Kamille shoot down knock off CCA Kamille in a knockoff Zeta.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I was gonna go for "Here Comes Char" but to each their own man.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Welp. That sure is getting added, yes sir.

Giving the FMP units SCRAMBLE from Patlabor may have been one of my better ideas.

SethSeries fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 11, 2014

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

In no way, shape or form should Kallen be able to out damage Getter in SRW. That's insane!

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So, seeing as I just finished Big O, can someone explain to me what they do to it in this game? I heard it kinda gives it an ending and I'm rather curious.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

They give it the canonical ending where you talk Big Venus down from resetting things, but mixed with the original plot. A lot of what Big O does in SRWZ is pretty much entirely original.

Was that just original Z? I read there was something else that happened in Z3, and due to being in week two of learning Japanese, I can understand a thing.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I just want GunXSword to be in a good game and have characters pitted against each other so Vaan can job Kira as hard as he did Michael in Saudade

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

What IS it with Japan and anime prices? Those discs could be made of pure gold and I wouldn't be willing to pay that price!

edit: rhetorical question, I know that Japan has ultra-otakus who will pay it and more and more, the anime industry is just marketing to them.

I know your pain man. There's a reason I don't own JoJo season 1 on Blu-Ray.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So has the requirements for Defy Destinies route split been determined yet?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

The only reason I'd be ok with Godannar showing up in Z3.2 would just be Rand and Goh being bros and having a beer while swapping stories of how insane both Mel and Anna are.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Please let this return in Z3.2.....

Final Obari special with it, God Sigma Gravion and both Dancougars.

I'd also really like vanilla Aquarion back. I know that EVOL makes that impossible, but Apollo and crew are infinitely more tolerable than Amata's gang.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

The thing about SRW is that usually despite me thinking something is a dumb idea, how it's used is probably going to surprise and probably impress me. Yes, we're probably going to get 3.0 next game. It's going to most likely play out one of two ways, the first being 3rd Impact being stopped by one of the various super robots there. The second is that it may occur, but when they get Shinji back, one of the many reasonable minds will have the conversation that would have stopped 3.0 from going downhill as fast as it did. Chances are that when Misato is being loving insane, Bright Noa or any sane calm pilot is going to remind her that she did egg him on and we didn't know the circumstances of exactly what would happen. This is the series where Wufei of all loving people called everyone on their poo poo for the Zero Requiem. Honestly I'm hoping for some insane bullshit where they use Spiral Energy as to why Eva one now has a God Hand and he and Simon team up to control it and later on Shinji gets the Quad arms Eva as upgrade.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Nadesico's only interesting unit is the Nadesico itself.

The black selena and super aestivalis would like a word with you.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

TARDISman posted:

I can only dream for this to be available as a default theme in Z3.2.

God knows if it's not, it'll be made one by custom BGM.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

GimmickMan posted:

Newtypes and Gundam leads not named Kou Uraki are some of the better reals you can field.

The exception is Kou from 0083 but no one likes him anyway so whatever.

Thems fighting words. The GP-03 is pretty rad as a unit and the Dendrobium is great. Besides it's not Kou's fault his series hates him.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Hokuto posted:

His statement was about Kou, not the Dendrobium.

If you use it, there is no reason not to put a better pilot in it. Throw a Puru in it or something.

Yeah, that was supposed to be more in a joking tone there but point taken. I'm kinda awestruck at the idea of slapping a Puru in the Dendrobium though. That's pretty awesome.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Hokuto posted:

If we're chiming in on Seed in Alpha 3, I just want to apologize in advance to Getsuya for the cringeworthy portrait art. It's bad.

Still better than Z's bad fanart attack.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I'd be completely down for XI Gundam. I don't care how they bullshit it into Z3.2. See also ZZ, Aldonah Zero, G Gundam and the FMP novels.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

F91 too. Gotta go fast.

Just throw in Crossbone too for shits and giggles. It's sad because I know I want good things but chances are we're getting poo poo shoveled in our mouths. Are you ready for daimidaler, valverave and Eureka Seven AO?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

You could always bench them and never ever use them, like I do with Kira Yamato.

See I would bench Kira but the Strike Freedom is super good and paired well with the Destiny in Z3. Also can't bench them on obligatory stages. I tried so hard with Evol.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

But Lunamaria in the Strike Freedom.

(Bring back Lunamaria)

Or Athrun. The Justice owns bones. Let me slap Shinn and Kamille together for ludicrous rear end damage and pair the rest of the seeds as needed. Y'know gently caress characters, bring back more combo attacks.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Did Gunbuster and Gureen-Lagann have a Double-Inazuma Kick attack? Cause if they didn't that seems like an obvious choice.

Nope. My hopes for a Final Gainax Special are forever dwindling.

ImpAtom posted:

Kira is an okay guy in the Zverse.

Honestly I'm generally okay with shows I don't like showing up in SRW because sometimes I like the SRW versions.

I can get behind that. Part of my affection for Z has a lot to do with how they fixed Shinn.

Not sure how to make damedaler ok though.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I didn't go too crazy with z3 soundtrack changes. I know I gave all the macross units triangular and Alto got Lion. The Geass crew got 02. Evol got cruel angels bike horn and all the evas had Komm Susser Todd. Hibiki got Yume Iro Chaser as well.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

For the final stage I just set the Gurren Lagann theme to the movie version of Sora Iro Days. I think I also wound up using Red Stroke as the Maximum Break theme. I really wish Lowe and crew were in.

I pulled some more up. Before Red Stroke, I used Overpowering from Fist of the North Star: Kens Rage. That soundtrack is so good and gets a lot of use in games with changeable soundtracks. I know me and the roommate used to replace the Seed themes in extreme versus with North Star tracks.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

The Seed music is even crappier than usual, but I'm fairly happy with the rest.

Speaking of Seed, why the hell is it still in Z and not a single one of the spinoffs ever?

Because no one wants us to have stargazer.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

GimmickMan posted:

^ I am disappointed at the lack of Dancouga, but I am even more disappointed that the DOUBLE BUSTER COLLIDER UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH does not hit two enemy units.

I'm willing to bet that they only showed the single unit animation.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Is the digital pre-order for Tengoku Hen up yet? I have had a hell of a time finding it.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I didn't know they didn't. This is the first time I've gotten it beforehand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Hey what is the base price of games? Seeing as digital preorders aren't a thing I'm looking for a price reference.

• Locked thread