Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I pre-ordered Z3 despite never finishing Z2-1. I was around mission 20 when my psp started dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

It's shipped! It's coming in the mail! Only (about) two days left! :allears:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Kanos posted:

I'd be really down for a good F91 and Victory inclusion. Victory hasn't even been in a drat game since D and the last F91 appearance was in Alpha 2, which was Crossbone plot so it doesn't really count.

It would also make a lot more sense to move the UC plotline forward instead of trying to double back and do ZZ, as much as I loving love ZZ.

Oh man, the Victory is one of my favourite Gundams. What I would give for new SRW Wings of Light... :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpIjX20ZLiU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

drat, I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive. Curse you, Canada Post! :argh:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Has Escaflowne been in any SRW before? Because was an amazing soundtrack with a pretty good series that went with it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Wow, that's terrible. All the more reasons it should be in a good game instead, though.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

When (if) I ever get my copy of the game, I'm really thinking about going for the cheesiest 80s movie songs as a soundtrack. Stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNVZzXgMdXs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4CCg4dYe0A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BN1jSpiyIM

It would be like playing Blood Dragon all over again.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

If I set up a japanese PSN account on my PS3, could I download japanese psp/vita games and then transfer them to my US vita? I've been thinking about getting some of the older SRW games on the japanese PSN while waiting for my copy of Z3 to arrive but I don't have a second memory card to be able to switch between accounts on my Vita.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

SO I can't directly transfer from my ps3 to my vita if it's a different account? drat. :smith:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

YESSSS. I finally have my copy of the game. It only took 15 days to arrive!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

How do you get the Skill Point in Stage 4? I've tried to follow the instructions twice now and still haven't gotten it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Get him down to low health. Get a pilot with a lot of damage to Maximum Break status. Make sure the Genion is as close to the Ghoul as possible but hasn't used its action yet. Have whoever has Maximum Break use it on the Ghoul and have Hibiki support with the strongest attack you have available. You should have no problem.

Thanks! That did the trick.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Am I wrong, or do you need to reload the game when you die after getting the Skill Point in order to be able to get it again?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

GimmickMan posted:

There's three levels to Neo Tokyo III basically: The city, NERV HQ below, and then Central Dogma. Between the city and HQ you have the plates that you see Ramiel digging through. Go down a series of shafts from within HQ and you reach the basement level with all Lilith, the Eva graveyard, and all that good stuff.

Also down in a central dogma: a boat, just chilling there in the ocean of blood.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I really want F-91 and Victory, even though I know this a futile dream. :smith:

EDIT: Crazy answer: The Plot to Assassinate Gihren Zabi.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'd buy it, even if it's missing Captain Zaku and The Plot to Assassinate Gihren Zabi.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm still quietly hoping for Late UC stuff.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I don't have much experience with the OG games, but I liked Viletta in Alpha Gaiden, mostly because of her great theme song. Does she get to do anything in any of the games?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Other than briefly in the first game, she's just kind of there, unfortunately. Lots of characters are just kind of there.

That's too bad. Maybe she wasn't anime enough.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

So I should get OG2nd then?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Look OGs has barely any memorable generic villains as is, they can't just kill people off willy-nilly.

I only played a bit of OG2 (before deciding I needed to play OG1 to understand what the gently caress was going on), but I liked evil Jon Lennon at the start.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

So, playing OG1 on gba for the first time, because I can't focus on finishing a single game for longer than a few days to save my life, and anyone have any tricks for Stage 8 of Kyosuke route? This rear end in a top hat Elzam dodges everything.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

MarsDragon posted:

I don't really remember much about stage 8 specifically, but rear end in a top hat dodging enemies are generally taken care of with Strike, Focus, and terrain bonuses. See if there's any terrain around that gives a hit bonus and park your guys on it (terrain like this also tends to grant dodge bonuses, which should help with Elzam's bullshit accuracy too). Line up support attacks so you can take him down before you run out of SP. Different attacks have different hit bonuses, try different attacks to see if any will let you hit him easier. I think range also helps with the hit calculations, but I don't remember for sure. I'm pretty sure Will has an effect, so if you can get yours up before he dodges his up to 150, that might also help.

If all else fails the RNG rolls when you start a battle encounter and isn't pre-determined like in Fire Emblem, so you can save scum him if you really have to. It's not fun, but it should work as a last resort.

Right, finally did it with the Battle Mastery after around 10 attempts. I really wish there was a quick reset button: I had the BM on that first try that ended against Elzam, and then kept missing it as I tried again and again. :argh:

And then I selected Next Map instead of save. :downs:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

MarsDragon posted:

L+R+Start+Select is quick reset I think. Hold down select to automatically load the quick save.

Doesn't work for me. Guess they must have added those functions to later games in the series. :shrug:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

MarsDragon posted:

No, I know there's a quick reset on the GBA. I savescummed my way through more than one battle on an actual system because I was a dumb kid back in college. Maybe it's A+B+Select+Start? A+B+L+R+Select+Start sounds too complex for what I remember. It's something like that anyway, and holding Select loads the quicksave.

Maybe you're thinking of OG2? Holding select only brings up the Map for me. Or maybe my DS buttons aren't working well, it's a pretty old machine, sometimes I have to press buttons multiple times before it works.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Maybe they'll let Marida live. :unsmith:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm very slowly continuing my playthrough of OG1. Finally got Viletta! I don't know why he like her, considering I only had her for something like three levels back in Alpha Gaiden, but I think she's cool!

I'm still not sure on if I'm upgrading my mechs correctly. So far I put everything into the mechs instead of the weapons, because upgrading each of them individually seems like a huge pain. Is there any weapon that'S worth upgrading?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Managed to clear Stage 19 of OG1 with both Viletta and Gilliam at level 23 with all Battle Masteries so far. I feel like I could take on the world!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I reached Stage 31 in SRW OG 1. I have just been betrayed by a party member Ingram and I am completely floored by this unforeseen developement. :geno:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

GimmickMan posted:

You are about to hear the best antagonist theme in all of OG. Enjoy.

I dunno man, so far best theme is still Time Diver.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

How many Skill Points do you need tog et the best ending in OG1?

Also, having the Big O in Z3 got me to start watching the show. So far, it's pretty great!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Ethiser posted:

I'd kind of like to see them try to do a game that uses original Macross and serves as some sort of Lost in Space story. They could put in shows that don't really involve the Earth as a setting like Vifam, Crossbone Gundam, Megazone, and Ideon.

Xenosaga. :getin:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I know what I want in Z3-2 but will never get: Hathaway's Flash.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I like J's version of Tekkaman Blade's opening better than the original too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DDYsvzCLNE

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Guys, help, I can't stop listening to the gba version fo Violent Battle. It's just too good.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Looking at the player list from Project Cross Zone, it's a huge shame Megaman never got to be in SRW. (Shut up, Tekkaman Blade got in, Megaman could too). I mean, any of the various Mega Man series coudl easily fit in depending on the game.

I'll just add that to my growing list of "Cool Stuff I'd like to see in a game but never will".

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I don't know how many of you have been following G no Reconguista, but I'm really hyped for it to show up in SRW. The Reflector fight. :allears:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Raxivace posted:

I'd love to see MJP and something like Captain Earth in a SRW game. Maybe they could salvage Valvrave as well...

Do we think GBF will ever show up?

Sillier things have been added to SRW. Maybe the GBF guys thinks this all a videogame tournament for most of the game, with all the Gundam nerds geeking out.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Series I really wish would be in a good SRW:
- R-Type
- Star Wars
- Megaman (any and/or all of them)
- Xenogears/Xenosaga
- The forgotten Gundam Series (Original, F91, Victory, etc.)
- G-Reco (almost certainly getting in eventually)

And others that I can't remember right now but I'll totally go "Oooooh, yes!" when someone mentions it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Raxivace posted:

YES. I could totally see it working well in a cast list with series like Eva, RahXephon, and Turn-A Gundam.

Like everyone else in this thread, I've got my own SRW game that I would do. Super Robot Taisen X. It would mostly follow the Xenogears story while merging every other factions with Solaris/Shevat, kinda like in Z2 with the three Empires. The featured series would be:
- Xenogears
- SDF Macross (the original, they were guarding the Eldridge, you unfreeze them or something)
- Megaman Legends 1&2 (the western half of the Xenogears map is all water)
- Gundam X
- G Gundam (Master Asia and Grahf would be working together and it would be great)
- Votoms (to spcie up the Kislev section)
- Xabungle
- Turn A Gundam
- King Gainer
- Big O (Paradigm City would be merged with Zeboim)

You could maybe squeeze in a couple more, but that's already a pretty good list. You'd choose between two characters, a real and a super, as usual. Real would start with Garrod saving Tiffa merged with Elly stealing Weltall from a Kislev base, with Real-MC being a mercenary. The path would merge early Xenogears with X and maybe Xabungle, until reaching Kislev where Votoms and maybe Gainer would enter. Super would be a super prototype with mysterious amnesiac pilot found on an island by the Megaman Legends crew, and then you'd have the entirety of Legends 1 with G Gundam and Turn-A thrown in. Then the two parts merge when you get to the Thames, where the Gundam Fight Finals take place (it'S the only location badass enough). Then the Legends 2 storyline would start afterward, with all the crazy poo poo from Xenogears and the other series merged in. Original bad guy would be working with Krelian to do somethign evil using Deus, who would be the Final boss.

I spend too much time thinking about anime robots.

• Locked thread