Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, I'm playing it again right now and indeed it is. The emulation isn't perfect though, some animations are slightly out of sync with music and sound effects. When Sandman says "Grand Knights, gasshin seyo!" his bizarre arm gesture is at the wrong time. This is serious business.

But is the maidsparkling on cue? That's really the important part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

ShiunTouya posted:

Custom soundtrack does work for VITA and PS3. I guess they must have gotten a lot of questions about that.

Incoming Eve no Danpen for eeeerrything

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

Odd, but then again, does anyone care about Wufei, aka Wing's favorite punching bag?

We grinders do, he's great for PP farming on those maps where he keeps coming rezzing when he dies

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

I meant as a character, not as one of the best fountains of EXP/PP/money.

Oh. Hell no. I pretty much only like Duo and Noin in the Wing cast.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Yokota Mamoru is at MEFCC 2014, and someone there requested a sketch of Grendizer from him:

https://twitter.com/yokotamamoru/st...7280256/photo/1

I vaguely remember that Grendizer and Tranzor/Mazinger were aired in different areas globally, was the middle east one of those places where Grendizer is king?

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

My copy shipped today! Soon, I will be able to partake in the ridiculousness!

I need my Stoner Sunshine fix so badly, I can taste it.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Levantine posted:

So for the DLC, I was having a bit of a time figuring out what buttons did what but I think I got it downloaded. It seemed to download both Vita and PS3 if you hit a button to the left and didn't specify which, is that accurate? I ask only because I don't want to have mistakenly downloaded only the vita files.

In general, the PS3 and Vita files are the exact same download, playable on both.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Eternal Volfogg posted:

What are some other people using custom BGM's favorite combinations? Might be cool to see what everyone is doing

Well, since I can't use the utter silliness I suggested in the last thread (Gundam X and X Gon Give It To Ya), I am planning on giving the entire Code Geass team the Greatest Hits of Nakagawa - Black Knights for Zero, plus special guest stars Magma for Kallen/Guren and probably Picaresque for Suzaku. I'm not sure where Tabidachi no Kane ga Naru goes, I may just overwrite 00 with it because 00.

And, because of his use of the Shinning Finger, I'm pretty sure I'm going with Moero Toushi for Shinn and Destiny.

Zessica is getting Hot in Herre.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

So I am not sure why I didn't think of this before but I put a flight module on Deathscythe. Surely if wing zero can fly with those dumbass angel wings then why can't Deatscythe fly with its stupid rear end bat wings.

Because Deathscythe is Batman and Wing Zero is Superman.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Rascyc posted:

I guess I could level stats.

Don't forget terrain affinities, those are a pretty good default point dump.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Onmi posted:

If I get Diebuster and ZZ, I'll be a very happy man, I can't actually think of many series I think were "missing" from the Z-Series.

The continued lack of the Yuusha series hurts some of my friends right in the soul, they keep looking at Alpha 3 longingly and sighing.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

It hurts me, too. I need my GA,GA,GA,GA,GA,GA,GAO-GAI-GAR back!

You could always replace Gunleon's music with that, they're basically the same robot (I keed, I keed!)

I want Da-Garn purely so I can get me some Hallelujah Papaya groove on.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Gaogaigar and Gun x Sword need to be in a game if only for a Hell & Heaven/Inferno y Cielo combined attack.

Hell, man, why don't we just bring in Symphogear at that point, for maximum robotfist.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Oh god I just realized that I'm going to have to get 4 ace bonuses for both Getter teams again. My love for mobility strikes again!

(Getter 3? What's that? Is it edible?)

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

The Shin Dragon team can't switch so only one Ace there.

That makes me feel both better and worse at the same time.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

When (if) I ever get my copy of the game, I'm really thinking about going for the cheesiest 80s movie songs as a soundtrack. Stuff like this:

It would be like playing Blood Dragon all over again.

St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion), Glory of Love, and Holding Out for a Hero are always favorites when it comes to cheesy '80s movie songs.

Brunom1 posted:

PSA: Dark Prison is up on PSN for 3086 Yen.

Welcome back, Invisible rear end.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Silentman0 posted:

That was how it was in Z2. All you gave up on was the transforming, but it's not like anyone used those for anything except getting closer before Getter Beaming.

Mach Shadow owns

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Gotta be honest, I don't know why you'd want to make a SRW VLP in the first place. The genre is really much better suited to screenshots.

I would love to do it just to show off my custom BGM. But then, if I did that and uploaded it to YouTube, all of my other LP videos would get taken down as my account gets banned by Japanese rights holders...

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Except Ryuusei. He appreciates good engrish.

Excellen would probably enjoy it, but she enjoys pretty much everything.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Stupid thought of the day:

Has anyone put 00 Raiser and Wing Zero in the same squad?

...Does the game crash if you try to split them?

Stupider thought of the day:

I really want to teach Zero the support attack skill so I can have 00 and WZero supported by Zero with the custom BGM being Zero ゼロ from Aquarion Evol.

e: Stupidest thought of the day. How awesome would it be if Z3-2 brought in Rockman X and Zero so I could have the fabled 00 Qan[T]-Wing Zero Custom unit backed up by Zero-Zero and playing Zero ゼロ, and then I had Gundam X-Turn X backed up by X and Xabungle while X Gon Give It To Ya plays

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 00:21

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Kanos posted:

we always get Generico McHeroguy as our lead with the female "protagonist" jiggle delivery service

I fixed that for ya.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Does anyone happen to have Simon's shoutface from the final TTGL form? The one where his mouth opens to three times normal size? I'd love to have that handy.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Prism posted:

Wasn't sure which one you meant, so

have them both.

Thanks! The colorized version is such a good face

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Endorph posted:

The worst SRW for battleships has to be Z2.1. You have the Ptolemaios, with no weapons for 90% of the game, and you have the Dai-Gurren, which is slow as gently caress and basically exists to facilitate Giga Drill Break Special. The only real bright spot is the Quarter.

I guess you also have the Gekko-Go. For like five stages.

I'm actually okay with the first Ptolemy, it could repair and that made it better than the Argama to me.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Golden Battler posted:

Xenoglossia or bust.

Symphogear, and busts.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Hmm, you got me thinking. What IS my favorite boss theme ever...?

I would say Uther's theme is right up there but I believe CHIMERA beats it by a hair's breadth.

Edit: Wait! Third place is Zest Seven!

Dark Prison and Armageddon are just behind that.

I'm pleasantly surprised that the inordinately popular obnoxiousness of WARE KOSO WAAAAAA Baran Doban isn't getting love here. All my friends revere it pretty much just because it's from Alpha 3.

Then again, I really like the Gate of Magus, so who am I to talk?

TARDISman posted:

Along with Tiger & Bunny and s-CRY-ed. Gotta have as much punching action as possible.

Iron Man fits in this category, as long as we're pipe dreaming.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

GimmickMan posted:

Trombe is OP Terada pls nerf.

Nevar, Trombe is Guile Theme status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

I am surprised at Gargantia, but will pray that Banpresto does not go for the dick move and keep Shin Getter 3 away from Gargantia.

That said, I am expecting BGM shenanigans involving the DX and a certain rap artist, now that BGMs can be assigned to individual weapons.

The moon is out!
Knock knock open up the door it's real with the non-stop pop-pop of stainless steel!

• Locked thread