Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

That team attack is so good. Here's hoping they never get rid of that attack and keep Nia alive. I'm guessing that Z3.2 will have the multiple Gurren Laagan drill attack as it's final attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

GimmickMan posted:

I think Lamia makes for a better protagonist than Axel, but (post stage 13 spoiler) she is terribly bland as an antagonist.

A was my first non-OG SRW (because of the full script translation) so I have some nostalgia for it. It is the last SRW to feel like one of the classic games in terms of gameplay mechanics, 70s-90s cast list and seeing the same original units (Gespents everywhere) over and over, but is just modern enough to not feel sluggish.

SRW A for the GBA was also the first SRW game I ever played. I'm still not sure how I managed to beat it considering all the factors stacked against me at the time. I knew no Japanese, only knew a handful of series, didn't know there were pilot stats, figured out menu, attacks, and commands through trail and error (The amount of times I ejected ReGZ's backpack and caused it to crash and explode was hilariously frustrating), didn't know about terrain modifiers and for most of the game didn't know what pilot skills were and never used them. I want to find a copy of SRW A and try to play though it knowing what I know now.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
A proper voiced Seed Astray and Stargazer would be amazing to have and that way you can still have your Seed stories without once again throwing in Kira and Shinn.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Eternal Volfogg posted:

This is a solid week. New gundam UC timeline - Reconquista in G started as well as a 2nd season of Build Fighters! The SRW future lineup list is growing quite nicely. From what I have seen I kind of dig the new gundam look in Reconquista, its like a mix of classic gundam and the Raiser.

Those will be great additions to SRW. Cross Ange on the other hand while it has interesting mecha designs may not be savable. :stare:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I'm still waiting for Vandread to show up. I'd love to see "the girl who leapt through space" and metal wolf chaos.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Infinity Gaia posted:

Here is a link to the stream, countdown and all. Some people seem to get IP blocked but it seems sort of random, best to check on a case-to-case basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmDw1Cgjhps

Thanks for this. For some reason I was getting the blocked in your country notification. Have to wait till 6:30am though for the announcement.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
So I'm behind on the Z series. I haven't picked up Z3 yet but I'll pick up the Best collection when it comes out next year. Is it a fun playthrough? Also can I put Amuro in the Unicorn Gundam?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
So I still haven't played Z3.1 yet but I'm looking at either the PS3 or Vita version. I prefer something portable. How well does the Vita version run Z3.1?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
New PV for Z3.2. Game is so drat pretty. I'm going to be so behind trying to catch up.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Endorph posted:

this, but with rinne no lagrange

I want that and Vandread but I can understand Vandread being really hard to integrate with anything since there's so much world traveling. I also want Machine Robo Revenge of Chronos to come back if only so was can have Rom standing on high grounds making speeches.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh man, I should totally put Masaaki Endoh's rendition of Asu E No Brilliant Road somewhere in there. But which song should I replace?

I love Stellvia. How have I never heard this cover before? :allears:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

ImpAtom posted:

So it's basically a knighty-gundam.

I wish I could just have the amnesia girl as the main pilot and the guy as a text cut in-character. You could work more story and personality with that plot. Sort of like Lamia's story from SRW A.

I'm guessing the mid season upgrade for Falsaber will be fancier knight armor with larger shoulder paldrons and a broad sword.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

MonsieurChoc posted:

I dunno man, it looks better than BX.

Have to agree. I'm more excited to learn about the cellphone game then about the 3DS one. Line up looks better too.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I wonder if it will come out at the same time as the Japanese version. Going to be a hard wait if it comes out months later.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
On one hand having the English version will make playing this much easier. On the other hand I want that limited first press set which will never come state side. :negative: first world problems....

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

AradoBalanga posted:

No. The AM Boxer and AM Gunner are mutually exclusive, so you only equip one frame on a single Huckebein Mk. III unit. You can field both a Huckebein Boxer and a Huckebein Gunner, but you're better off using the Boxer because the Gunner is hot garbage in OG.

What you saw in The Inspector was mostly Obari having some fun with what he had to work with.

Part of me hopes that I can do that is Moon Dwellers. Just have Boxer use Gunner as a giant cannon and then maybe have the boxer frame combine with the gunner somehow. :allears:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Caphi posted:

I discovered this very old picture on my computer of me being bad at video games and was overcome with nostalgia.

That was one of my most favorite missions. Entirely because having watched gunbuster having all the other super robots be there and go "we got your back" is a childhood dream come true.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Policenaut posted:

I haven't imported a PS4 game yet and want a fancy Japanese case to put on my shelf. Also I think it'd cost a little more to buy the HKD to get the digital version and I'd have some left over and ugggghhh

I ended up ordering this http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...0%24pagecnt%3D1 from Amiami because I wanted the special box and goodies it came with. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I ordered a physical copy of the game so I've got to wait a week or so for EMS to get it to me. All the attack animations look amazing.

• Locked thread