Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Endorph posted:

Tori no Uta is as good a reason as any.

Not in a game that just gave access to custom soundtracks it isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Midjack posted:

It's huge and the pilot sits in the head. :colbert:

It's shorter than the Sazabi despite already having its legs. It's just fat.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Policenaut posted:

Hey, quick Z2 question. I'm almost 100% done Z2-1's flow chart, I'm just missing that one Follow Celestial Being: Dimension Tremor choice stage. Do I have to complete a 4th run just to get that one stage filled in, or can I complete that stage, save, and move onto Z2-2?

Saving after completing that stage should do it, as it's the system data save that matters for this.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
On the other hand, if this does get an NA release, I wouldn't count on it having a disc to put in your hands, because that costs way more money that it'd get in sales to people who don't have the bandwidth to download a current gen game. Most of the niche, text-only localized Japanese games for the past couple years have gone this route, and I can't imagine SRW's heinous localization cost is going to want to be coupled with other heinous costs for a sub-niche game.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Licensing a series to release an English version of it is not the same thing as owning the trademarks and copyright SRW is using to do its thing, Harmony Gold's bullshit deal aside. If a SRW with Mazinger threatens to here, nobody is going to be talking to Discotek about it.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MarsDragon posted:

I'm calling Cobray will get teased in Moon Dwellers, but won't actually show up as a character yet. I'm also calling that when he does show up he'll get amnesia or go undercover for like half the game to lock you out of Dis Astranagant, though hell if I know what he'll pilot. (Upgraded Wildschwein so he can hang out with Arado and Seolla again?)

I really hope he'll be friends with Gilliam based on being dimension jumpers, but that's wishful thinking.

I mean, he already showed up in Original Generations, so that's sort of unnecessary cock teasing at this point. I also feel like it would work better if he showed up in some kind of upgraded R-Gun Rivale to mirror the fact that this Ingram didn't even get an Astranagant here. I mean, since when he crossed over in The Inspector anime he brought Dis with him this is exceptionally unlikely. It loses the punch to the rest of the cast to see an Astranagant in a world where Ingram never wrecked their poo poo with the original though.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MarsDragon posted:

It's not unnecessary, it's stage-setting for Alpha 3. They really directly foreshadowed him in 2ndOG (In OGS Cobray says the factors haven't been gathered. In 2ndOG Euzeth says that 'even if Ingram reincarnates, I've already gathered the factors'), so it would be more odd if he didn't show up in some fashion.

All of this is explaining why further ball teasing is unnecessary. They can just do it when they want to do it, everyone's reading and expecting it. This is a foregone conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MarsDragon posted:

Cobray showing up at this point wouldn't be cock-teasing, it would be starting whatever story they're doing with him in OG.

MarsDragon posted:

I'm calling Cobray will get teased in Moon Dwellers, but won't actually show up as a character yet.

Please try to keep up with your own posting, since you've started agreeing with my by way of arguing with me.

• Locked thread