Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Is Z3 going to give full body map sprites or just the heads like in Z2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

TARDISman posted:

Just heads.

Bleh, seems like a bit of a cut corner considering it's a full console game but that's a minor nitpick on my part.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Davzz posted:

It's on the Vita too. That might explain it.

I did not think of that and it's a good point. The heads just feel a little cheap to me is all. The rest of the game seems so high quality relatively that it feels like an odd choice but if it's on a handheld I can see that.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

DoubleDonut posted:

I'm new to playing any of these that aren't translated; how would I go about acquiring Z3 (once it comes out) if I only have an American PS3?

I ordered OG2 from a seller on Amazon that was Prime eligible. If you have Prime, that might be the way to go if you want a physical copy.

EDIT: Whoops, double post.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Hokuto posted:

I just checked, and none of the Amazon sellers for Z3 have Prime eligibility. It's still a legit option for purchase, but I'm probably going to go the PSN card route just because I prefer less clutter.

They usually don't until after release. I've not been able to pre-order with any consistency but after release it's easier to get that way. I can't really do PSN well since I have a launch PS3 with the 60GB HD and it's a pain and a half to cycle things on and off it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

I'm going to have to get some japanese PSN cards for that DLC I think. Is Ebay about the best/easiest way to go about doing that?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Hokuto posted:

You can get a 10,000 card code for $115 at Play-Asia.

Or a 1,000 card for $15.

Wow, that's far less expensive. Do they ship it or email the code?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Hm, maybe I'll just order Z3 and the code a the same time. The price at playasia isn't bad for either.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Hokuto posted:

You could just get the 10,000 card and buy the game and DLC both digitally. That's what I'm doing.

My PS3 is a launch 60GB and it's a pain shuffling all my digital stuff on and off the HD. I'd have to delete a game I'm playing now to get SRW so I tend to go physical whenever I can. Shame PS4 isn't backwards compatible.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Where's Rand goddamn it? The rest can go soak, just gimme back Rand.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Bleh, Play-Asia wont take my debit card. I don't buy things overseas very often - should I contact my bank?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Hokuto posted:

Your bank or CC company should be able to authorize foreign transactions for temporary periods of time if you don't want it permanently enabled.

Just did that, so I guess I'm nearly good to go. My order is now in a "Security Check" status so I'm assuming that should complete shortly. I ended up ordering the game and a 1000yen card for the DLC. So psyched!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Aw yeah, Play Asia is "Preparing Order"! I find myself really looking forward to whatever the potential secret units are more than anything. I don't know why but secret stuff always end up my favorite parts of SRW games.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Rascyc posted:

I honestly like this original more than the Brasta so far from what little I've seen. It feels like this one has a bit more articulation to it. Also no 30 second long sniper sequence.

Yeah, the attacks are short and sweet and seem to have lots of impact. The little contact flourishes on its kung fu combo or whatever are really sharp.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Woo! Play-Asia shipped my order! I need to charge my Japanese PSN account and get that DLC. Is their store pretty easy to navigate?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

I couldn't remember the credentials to my ancient japanese PSN account so I tried to create a new one today using this guide: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/02/ho...n-the-new-psn/. It seemed to be going well except I got a gray box after the checkbox for newsletters but before what seems like should be the confirmation step in the process. I barely read Japanese but it said something beginning with "Support" in Katakana. I accidentally cancelled and now the ID I tried to setup seems to give an error but I never received a confirmation email either. I wish I had taken a picture.

I guess I'll try again after work today.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

So for the DLC, I was having a bit of a time figuring out what buttons did what but I think I got it downloaded. It seemed to download both Vita and PS3 if you hit a button to the left and didn't specify which, is that accurate? I ask only because I don't want to have mistakenly downloaded only the vita files.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Rascyc posted:

There's an in game menu for this too. It looks like they're planning on releasing like 20 DLC missions or something insane like that.

Ah, alright. I don't have my copy of the game yet but I did get my digital code so I was trying to do some housekeeping before the disc arrives. Was not expecting that much DLC though!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Two things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6wn3MKmylI

1. What is the music that accompanies this? Is it a game track or is it custom?
2. Holy poo poo they even made units like the Mk II look amazing. I guess that's where all the animation frames from FMP went.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Wonderful, thank you both. I've been debating using the custom soundtracks but some are too good to pass up. I know I want to use the Union Square version of Sure Promise for Big O: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-u-ISaOfS4, and I started picking out Gundam Build Fighters tracks one by one but it's going to end up being half the drat soundtrack before I'm done. So far the ingame music seems to be of varying quality but overall it's pretty good!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Did they add more Queadluun-Rea animations, or keep armor Klan from Z-2? Part of me wants to do an all angry girl gimmick run since there's enough candidates in this version. I ask mainly because the new YF-29 animations are slick as hell.

Wow, you weren't kidding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ5YTmlbWBo - is that a secret unit this time around or just an upgrade? Speaking of, is there any talk of secret units/characters? All I've heard is that so far it seems pretty lean.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

So am I correct that the DLC missions are accessible from the intermission menu? I found a menu that seems to list what DLC I have (guessing, can't really read it) and the stage it's accessible after? For example, the first seems to indicate I can do it after stage 4. Is that automatic or will I be able to choose it when I want?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ImpAtom - would you be willing to share your clear data save, either here or on GameFAQs?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Brunom1 posted:

Three Z3 new themes here:

Destroy ModeUnicorn Gundam Theme

Advent's theme

Gadlight's(sp?) theme

Both original themes were supplied by ImpAtom.

My goodness, that RX-0 is just excellent. I'm not certain I'd even try to use a custom soundtrack over that. They really nailed it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Nice thing about the DLC bonus stages is in NG+, you can do them at any time. The thing is, they remain cleared so you can immediately get the reward without doing the stage over. You can repeat the stage for the reduced reward as normal though. Makes for a pretty big boost up front on the second go-round.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

I'm so glad the Mobile Suit track exists. I've replaced pretty much all the Zeta units BGM with it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

I can't tell if the animations for Black Getter have improved or if it's just a function of it being on a much bigger screen, but drat, Black Getter! You rock!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Samurai Sanders posted:

For practical reasons, am I going to have to give up Black Getter when I get Shin Getter? Or is there some way around that this time?

I literally just got Black Getter (i'm going slowly) so I don't know the answer. I hope that's not the case though.

EDIT: Also I know the Gundam Mk II might not be a real high tier unit, but drat if it doesn't look stylish in action. I just aced Emma in it and I'm pretty happy with her performance, though she's made to be a support and not a lead, given her Ace Bonus IMO.

Levantine fucked around with this message at Apr 21, 2014 around 16:52

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Infinity Gaia posted:

... You aced Emma before getting Black Getter? How the hell did you manage that? Are there even enough enemies that early for that to be possible?

No, you're right. I don't think there are enough enemies to ace anyone at that point. I'm cheesing it and using a NG+ save. Emma didn't have Ace on that file so I set about getting it for her. I just really enjoy Emma and the Mk II.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

I thought it was badass they went with the Wing TV units for Z2 but after all the times we've seen Endless Waltz in SRW it feels kind of tacked on. They could have left Wing off and I don't think the game would have suffered a bit.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Have the unlock conditions for (Gundam 00 spoiler) Patrick been unearthed? I've only read that he is a potential secret, but nothing along the lines of how.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

My goodness, the Delta Plus is really good! I took Riddhe out and gave it to Amuro which ended up a solid choice. Both it and Unicorn are really good, especially compared to the other early Gundams.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Stupid mechanics question: in the team screen where you build your pairs, is there a way to "disband" a unit? I have a few that have red "X Pilot" messages but I don't know how to remove that team from the board. I've played around but I can't find a command that does it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Ethiser posted:

The team building screen shows every unit with or without a pilot. Just move the units that don't have pilots to the bottom of the screen out of the teams that will deploy next game.

That's what I've been doing, I had just hoped there was a "pool" you could return units to. If that's the case, I can live with it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Pureauthor posted:

I always thought that the final team name in Z3 would be ZODIAC after ZEUTH and ZEXIS. Of course they spoiled my nice prediction with Z-BLUE instead.

Mine game suggested Zodiac III so I took it!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Portable Staplefrog posted:

I sometimes had Sayaka dodge. Maybe that was the problem.

Neither unit can hit anything, that's the trick. You can dodge/defend, but don't ever attack/counterattack for like 3-4 rounds and the event will kick in.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Portable Staplefrog posted:

I finally got past this. I knew the trick before, but was apparently accidentally counterattacking with Sayaka.

Yeah, I had tons of trouble as well until I figured it out. Once I realized I had to manually set her to do nothing it went smooth.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Apparently the Gundam DX is actually really good for once, and there are all sorts of Originals shenanigans going on.

Ordered my copy today, can't wait to play with the X crew. Good or not, the GX always had style.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

The real question for Z3-2: can I set Mobile Suit as my music for all of my UC units again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Rascyc posted:

This stream sucks.

Yes, I gave it a try and realized quickly he was skipping every animation. He/she is a bad streamer.

• Locked thread
«2 »