Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
His character development literally amounts to his having spent a lot of time near GN particles. He lets his Gundam do the talking for him, because he is a Gundam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Only Valzacard has ever needed Soul and Hot Blood.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

A Zeta Plus model was one of the only Gundam models I ever made, that thing is badass.

edit: has it ever shown up in SRW? Not that I'm requesting another Zeta variant or anything.

I'm pretty sure Zeta is the only suit that can challenge the Zaku 2 for the title of King of Variants. They're all pretty decent, but that's because they're all pretty much just the vanilla Zeta with new paint.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I forget what Jamming does. Hyper Jamming is the Bunshin one, right?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I want the movie EVAs to have a Sentai team-up attack. Nothing to add to that really.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Oh come on, you mean to tell me "Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!" isn't a team attack?!

That's more of a sports manga thing.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Hibiki doesn't get a sphere until really late in the game. Like 3 stages from the end late.

Speaking of, how many more are there? We've got a quota to hit.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

WrightOfWay posted:

Basically Ryouma still has the best Ace Bonus and nobody else even comes close.

It does take a crapload of Will to activate, but that's okay because it's Ryouma and he's going to get a lot of will anyway.

Also, I'm a fan of the Nightengale purely because it's a mix of the Zeong, The O, and the Qubeley in Char Custom colors. That thing is the final boss for the classic UC timeline.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I know that was also kind of a thing with 00 Gundam when it was airing. I don't think it made it to meme status though.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Squallege posted:

They all form a giant loving foot and Inazuma Kick the entire map. Then we get Tengen Toppa Gunbuster and Tengen Toppa Big O.

Big Bang Kick.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Ethiser posted:

They were just Londo Bell in 2 but didn't the team get an original name in 3 and 4?

Not sure, but you bring up Londo Bell and I think to be fair to SRW we should say that doesn't make much sense either.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Hokuto posted:

Only the badguys in Alpha Gaiden referred to the hero team as Irregulars. The only thing the heroes call themselves is the Preventers, when they all unify under that banner to fight against the Titans before the time jump.

Isn't that a post-series Wing Gundam thing?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Coffin of the End.

...poo poo

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Maybe the strategy guide sections are written in a super fanfictiony prose format.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

There's a named colony in the Giganscudo's backstory too, but for the most part you can assume they're there because Gundam has them. Ratzel is a more flamboyant Quattro, the UCC should be Zeon but are more like Anaheim, the DC took over the Zeon spot, and Rai is a less badass Sayla.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Wasn't the combination originally restricted to a certain amount of turns, or something? If you've seen the full combination sequence, the R-bots might as well just be holding hands.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Man, that is not a question you want to apply real-world logic too. That combination that adds more moving parts and less structural integrity? Yes, it makes the robot stronger. This is what we choose to believe.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I love that they haven't updated the older character designs at all, but all the new ones have modern designs sensibilities running rampant.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Basically they aren't going to let you do the Gunner+Boxer combo like in the anime, so gently caress it. Get rid of the mechs.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Materant posted:

Viletta is still part of the SRX team and will likely cycle back into the spotlight when the Alpha 3 plotline finally hits.

She kinda had to compete with Mai to get a "canon" mech, but I think The Inspector anime gave her the Guarbein Trombe after Ratzel upgraded to Daitrombe instead of writing her out. Of course, the current status of the Guarbein leaves a little to be desired.

But you're right, given her connections to Cobray, Selena, and the SRX team she probably won't sit out OGS3.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

If that's the spirit command, then she gets +30 Will and the effects of the Guts, Accelerate, Strike, Lucky, Alert, and Vigor. Kinda the thing you wouldn't want triggering randomly, actually.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

Look OGs has barely any memorable generic villains as is, they can't just kill people off willy-nilly.

No, Lee just exists in a state of maybe-dead-maybe-alive-who-knows-we'll-just-kill-him-next-game.

He definitely died when he rammed his ship into the final boss.

You know, unless he didn't.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

The plot of Alpha Gaiden is a gaiden story.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

poo poo yeah, bring MS Saga into SRW. I want everything to have a Scopedog head.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Emuticus posted:

Why is Wufei such a dick again?

Why does grass grow? Why do birds fly? Why does the sun shine?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Getsuya posted:

In preparation for starting up Alpha 2 at some point I was looking at the new series it introduces and my goodness Brain Powered has just about the best opening theme ever doesn't it?

Keeng Keeng Keeeng~ah Gainer

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Setsuna must be happier than a pig in poo poo.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

CaptainRat posted:

If all his dialogue was just an awestruck, "G...Gundam..." this would be GOTY.

Can we put Setsuna in Guardians of the Galaxy?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Star Wars had walking tanks, they were just terrible because they followed real world logic and tripped all the goddamn time.

*cough* I wouldn't mind Starcraft. *cough* *cough*

Policenaut posted:

I demand Ideon god drat it. The Great GM God has to harness the power of the Universe to murder everyone in it.

Yes, but specifically that crossover so Judau can pilot it.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 8, 2014

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Ing Egret shows up and they treat him like Ingram's annoying little brother.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I look forward to playing your game about Mobile Wear Gunblock and Bazinga P teaming up.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

ShiunTouya posted:

But then what are they going to hold hostage for when Z gets into an OG game?

I want Cobray to catch sight of a Sphere, go "we are not getting involved in that poo poo," and preemptively put a stop to the whole thing. Then Guilliam recruits Setsuko, Rand (without Mail), and Crowe anyway, because he knows they're rad.

Then everybody punches Mist Rex in his dumb face.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Crowe at least is an archetype that hasn't appeared nearly as frequently in anime as Hibki. He doesn't seem like the type to be piloting a mech though.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Gyra_Solune posted:

Honestly it's kind of a miracle Gundam survived to this day. The first show was pretty great! Especially for 1979 where the entire genre was infuriatingly episodic kids stuff that's very hard to watch today. Gundam was super rough around the edges but had a lot of cool stuff going for it. Helped that Tomino'd already had successes with direct storyboarding from some of Voltes V and Zambot which stood well on their own. Dude had one hell of a golden age in the late 70s to early 80s. Those three were good, Xabungle was good, Ideon is kickin rad, Dunbine is...serviceable most of the time and a pretty creative concept. L-Gaim was definitely where things started slipping though.

...and then Gundam basically became a soap opera. That is seriously the closest thing I can liken Zeta and quite a lot of ZZ to. They indeed feel much like The Bold and the Beautiful IN SPACE. So much character drama that runs in circles and is oft kinda forgotten. Sure the first half of ZZ was kind of lightened up and slapsticked but it ends up more Zeta in the end.

Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money from the series is made. Gundam-the T-shirt, Gundam-the Coloring Book, Gundam-the Lunch box, Gundam-the Breakfast Cereal, Gundam-the Flame Thrower!!!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I am far more greedy. Give me all of Gaogaigar, even Betterman and the unproduced sequel.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Oh yeah, well I think I am the biggest hipster.

What do I win?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I don't think Gargantia was all that unexpected, although I don't think anyone would've pegged it as the only recent show to get in. Doing it this way actually does the show some favors though, as it'll have a lot more room to breathe, plot-wise, and it can get a good amount of face time for the units it does have.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

It also means that Ledo can have interaction with the Scarred Child Soldier Brigade. Between Chirico, Setsuna, Heero and Sousuke, he's got a lot of potential mentors.

It kind of runs counter to the entire point of the series to have him hanging out with active duty soldiers though. So that'll be fun.

Also, I wouldn't count on Gundam The Origin adding alot of new units. I think the first episode covers the Battle of Solomon, which means standard issue Zakus versus scrub-tier battleships.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 14, 2014

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Hasn't Frontier only been in, like, three or four games? It can't be that bad. It's a bland story, but not overly horrible, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Oh man, if people's predictions about Valvrave and MJP teaming up with Geass and FMP, we are going to see a lot more Frontier. All high school, all the time. It's the platonic ideal of anime.

• Locked thread