Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
Dick

Eh? I don't remember telling anyone to follow Sethro's lead. I asked them to clear poo poo out from the outlier places that aren't on fire yet, and I asked Sethro if he saw anything. If Seth's doing the same kind of thing at the same time, that's fine. I cock my head at Chloe and say, "What? Not, like, much."

Graham points his gun... what, at me? I eye the barrel, then his hand - it better not be on the trigger - then his face. Dark blue eyes on a craggy face with some salt-and-pepper stubble. Graham was a friend of my dad's since smaller times. He's been on board with me since I started the gang as a militia. Part-time at first, most of the time as of recently. Years back, some rear end in a top hat (now wasted) shot him in the leg after shaking him down to make a point. He doesn't limp, but he does wince with every step when he thinks nobody's looking, so he likes to stay on the bike when he can. If he doesn't want to ride with us, he doesn't have to.

I ask him, "What?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
Ebbs

Hearing the intrusion Ebbs smiled. He backed up from Puck and made sure not to go near Sansa. Things just changed and he needed to assess the new situation.

"This Wrecks and Wracks territory?" Ebbs asked. He wasn't sure if it was or not, but he figured it might worry Puck more then it would worry him. He'd fight Puck if it came down to it and run if things got bad. The situation was different if Sansa was involved. He wasn't going to fight Sansa. Ebbs knew his limits and taking on Sansa wasn't something he wanted to try. Ebbs knew he was a little fish facing a shark with Sansa. The only question was what Puck was thinking. Did she think she had the stones to take on Sansa? Puck had her boys, but they still weren't a match for Sansa. Of course if Puck wanted to move up to the big time, she'd have to contend with Sansa. Maybe Puck would decide to do that now instead of later. As for me, I'm still in a real poo poo situation without any good options. Still better to wait to see how things develop.

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 14, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Sansa

Sansa looks back and forth between the combatants. She has to suppress a tired groan. "Yeah, my territory, Ebbs, from which I recall kicking your rear end out of after you tried to steal from me!" Before he responds, her eyes snap to the other. "And you Puck, if you want to start poo poo in my market you should grow a pair of balls and then kick yourself in 'em, it'd be less of a problem than I have with you right now!"

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

Sehtro's not quite sure what he's doing as he kicks the door in, but he sure as gently caress knows what he's not doing is burning to death before he finds out what's happened here. It all started when he spotted a shack, less importantly a shack but more importantly a small greenish flame at the bottom of the door. Wood doesn't burn green, but Sethro has seen burning copper more than a handful of times in various electrical fires in the studio to know that something is fishy up in here.

"Watch my rear end for burning poo poo, I'm going in!" he yells with some semi-false bravado as he flicks the camcorder viewfinder back open and quickly scans the burning interior, more specifically the burning central interior of this home. The shack was mostly tin sheeting in a lean-to against an old bit of cement wall and Sethro's first thought is 'Sweet jeezo how in the hell is a dirt floor on fire?' followed quickly by 'Dick is gonna be PISSED.' as he sees the basis of a heavily gasoline based firebomb. Looks like the guts were ripped out of one of those little clamshell cordless phones, Sethro seems to have about a billion of them kicking around the studio with varying levels of barely to not working, and it just provided the spark to a big fuckoff pile of gas cans. Using a wire as a lovely antenna's clever. He makes sure to get what he can on camera, panning to follow the ignition device to a burning line of fuel leading out the door to a pile of more mundane tinder leading to their closer neighbor. Fire must've spread naturally from there. He's sure to get a shot of the various empty gasoline containers.

"One of you kind people want to grab that little piece of burnt up plastic i'll owe you a favor on your bike or some poo poo, just grab it!" he punctuates this sentence with hocking up a hefty globule of blood as he staggers backwards and takes in several lungfulls of slightly less smoky air.

"I gotta bounce, y'all." Is all he manages to choke down before stumbling down to his knees and heading back towards the base of Miller's Hill.

Not sure if there's actual Harm from smoke inhalation here.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

there is now :getin: roll +0 on the first harm chart

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Harm: 2d6 7

We both choose one from Pain, I'll go with "You lose your footing or position" to go with what I already wrote as to the consequences.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

update tonight. Been away for the first couple of nights of Passover :jewish:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Puck shoves Ebbs off and throws her hands down as you make your threats, Sansa "You don't own this joint, Sansa," she says. "Neither do you," a voice calls from the circle. Kid's got gumption. He doesn't immediately get socked by the creeping gang, though. Maybe they aren't standing near him. "But at least I know it," Puck shouts back for both his benefit and yours, Sansa. Ebbs, you got anything else to say? Puck seems like she's willing to let you two shout at each other for now, but she's not exactly walking away, either.

"Then what's the point, Dick?" Chloe's got a point. "If you don't trust him, what exactly are we doing here waiting for him? Wasting time we could either be bailing people out or getting the gently caress out." Everyone's sweating, the heat is pretty intense. Thankfully, wind hasn't shifted yet. "I say we get the gently caress out," Graham says. His trigger discipline is good, but the rest of his discipline is fading. Does he have a reason that fire in particular might freak him? He got shot, not burned.

Sethro, Boots locks eyes with you, telling you not to fuckin' forget your deal, and makes a probably-stupid run for the phone shell, and leaves the building with a roll just as it collapses. He's probably swearing up a storm, but you can't tell. Somewhere in your coughing fits, you got disoriented. Though you are heading down the hill, you're also now inside another shack, which just flashed over. What's here? Also, you're Acting Under Fire. Literally!

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
Dick

I say, "That's a good drat question. What are you doing here waiting for him? I didn't even loving suggest waiting for him; I told you folks to get moving, then asked him a question. Let's get our goddamn asses in gear, for gently caress's sake."

Jesus christ, these people. Gotta lead them by the friggin nose.

Blonde Josh hasn't said anything about the fire, I guess? I asked, and he ain't answered. Unless he comes up with some drat good intel immediate-like, I tell him, "I was gonna make an example of you - do you up execution style, once Fabio wasn't watching. Guess you won't get your fifteen seconds of fame after all, mother fucker."

He starts saying something about no wait, I've got something or other, blah blah, I knew I shouldn't have trusted you, son of a bitch, but it's all wind. I take my boot off his stomach, cock a round into the chamber of my Thompson, and paint his brains across the grass with a .45 lead brush.

I make a spinning motion with my finger. "loving move already - leave the dead weight, help some guys evac." Graham looks a little freaked, so I tell him, "Graham, go on ahead to the Mill house - start helping the old man drag some poo poo to the far side of the river, cut down on clutter."

Me and Graham have talked religion before, I guess. I got off on some tangent about how the Wash-Ups we've found - cargo crate full of bikes in pristine condition, guns and ammo enough for everyone - are like some kinda fuckin serendipity. Feels like some spirits or gods or whatever were watching out for us. Putting us in prime position for a righteous take-over. But maybe I'm just imagining a pattern in some insane good luck. Every time he's talked about a god or island-god or whatever getting angry, he's also talked about fire. Maybe he thinks this is some kinda divine-retribution type poo poo? Or maybe he just got burnt by a camp fire as a kid and this is dredging up some old trauma. I'll ask him later.

Alright. We're not going in to the blaze, but we're going to hit up some of the outlying cabins. Make sure everyone's cleared out, do some helpful last-minute looting if they've got anything left behind. I've told my buddies to split up, because there's a lot of ground to cover.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

"What you going to do now Puck? Nothing more I'd like to see then to have Sansa and her boys beat the snot out of you. The problem is, they'd kick my rear end too. Far as I'm concerned, we could just forget about our fight and leave. I got no interest in fighting anyone here. Course, I'm just one lone dude. Not a leader of a gang. I don't have to worry about what the people under me would think." Ebbs talks and backs up a little. He looked around, but couldn't figure out the best way out of the situation.

Read a sitch: 2d6 6

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Sansa

Sansa rolls her eyes at the blabber from both sides. "Puck, nobody asked for your stupid-rear end opinion. I am in charge right here and right now and this is what I say to both of you: No fightin' in my fuckin' market. You two got beef, the door's over there. Settle it outside and whichever one of you isn't a deader can come on back in." She spits on the ground. "This is a place of business, not of blood. Ya stupid shits got the rest of the world for that poo poo."

She raises an eyebrow at Puck. "Or, you wanna change my rules? Bring it, bitch. I'll put you and everythin' you care 'bout in the fuckin' ground. As long as I stand here, this is my fuckin' market and my fuckin' rules."

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Toyman

"That's a deal and a fine one, yes. Let me just..." he rummages under the table, emerging with a jack-in-the-box. He cranks it, producing a tinkly rendition of "Pop Goes The Weasel", and launching four small keys into the air when the jack pops out. Toyman's hand darts out, catching one of the keys mid-flight and leaving the others to fly where they will. One gets tossed out the skylight, and there's a ting and a soft thump from deeper in the Toyman's shack as another knocks something over. Unperturbed, the collector heads over, unlocks a battered olive drab footlocker, and begins rummaging through it. "Three, six, nine, the goose drank wine..."

Returning with an armload of munitions, the Toyman spreads his bounty on the table. Three Glocks, a Beretta, and one translucent neon green water pistol, and two nearly identical rifles, although one is made entirely of plastic with a bright orange tip on the barrel. It's hard to know whether the Toyman is intentionally shorting the deal, but he's done the same sort of thing before.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

As Sethro looks up he's locking eyes with yet another member of this volunteer Miller's Hill fire brigade, not one of Dick's men. Heck, not a man at all. Seems to be some enterprising scav who's shoving her overalls crammed full of various small bullets out of a half dozen opened crates. The crates are very clearly labeled with various seemingly useless materials but somebody seems to have hit the motherlode when it comes to small arms reloadables: box of primers, box of slugs, couple of boxes just full of shiny new brass, and one being rifled through with full of finished rounds.
They both blink and return to their business, Sethro's of rushing towards the girl and grabbing her by the arm.

"Hey dogg we gotta get outta here! poo poo's gonna cook off and kill us both!" He loosely grabs her around the arm and heads towards whatever exit is closest to downhill.

Act Under Fire: 2d6+2 6

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Big Sven just looks at you, Toyman. "C'mon, man, you know what I mean." Then he picks up the actual weapons, function checks them, and puts them in his various bags and holsters. One in particular, the Beretta, he loads and charges before holstering. "A couple more and we're good and I'm out of your hair, yeah?"

Dick, maybe it's your execution of Blonde Josh, maybe it's people getting over the shock of the inferno taking over the hill, but they start to move. Graham a little slowly, but he goes just as well. Maybe you'll round up a few more folks, a bit more gear. But tell me, who or what are you going after? And how do you react to the gently caress-off explosion at the other side of the hill? Sethro, good thing you left when you did or there might not be much left of you, or the girl. As it is, you're both messes. The shack and ammo are all up in shards and smoke, save for what little she got. After a moment or three of unconsciousness, you come to your senses. How are you holding up? Roll +armor on the Seriously Scary poo poo table.

Puck turns more directly towards you, Sansa. "Talk dirty to me, bitch. You're not in charge here, not even if you think you are. This ain't the Wrecks and Wracks, as much as you'd like it to be." She breathes sharply out of her nose, a contemptuous snort. "You're so bloodthirsty I can't even believe it. If I wanted to shank this fool and be done with it," Puck continues, gesturing condescendingly towards you, Ebbs, "I'd have done that. No, I'm just trying to build a little scratch for me and my crew, best way I know how. We're not so different, Sansa, though I know you want to believe you're all high and mighty and better than us just because you've got your fatigues and your shacks and your ships." Puck's finger points sharply at you, Sansa, and Gregor, and then behind you, to the Wrecks and Wracks in the distance. "All that's your strength, but it's your weakness, too." At this point, you notice that you don't see her gang members infiltrating the crowds anymore.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Sansa

"Least I got somethin' to stand on Puck. That's the difference between us. I'm trying to do more'n make a little scratch and survive."

Sansa ain't really paying attention to Puck's pissing and moaning, though. It's the same old pathetic whining of every minor warlord and poo poo-for-brain that she's ever had to fight. No, what she's doing is watching Puck's eyes; there's no thing more dangerous than a sudden calm. It signals, as the coasters know well, a coming storm.

Watch the eyes. Watch the hands. See what she thinks she's going to get away with.

Behind her, a hand signal to Gregor. Get ready for deep poo poo.

Read Puck: 2d6+1 9
• what does your character intend to do?

K Prime fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 19, 2014

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Can't read the same sitch twice.

e-- cool.

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 19, 2014

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
Dick

gently caress yeah, 'bout time. My buddies spread out and hop to it. I'm starting to feel the heat from the inferno - hotter than sweaty. Hotter than pain, even from this distance - and it crosses my mind, just now, that maybe doing anything besides getting the gently caress away is a bad idea. Maybe that's just my afraid-of-fire cave-man instinct talking. But maybe it's right.

Whatever, already gave some orders, too late to back out now. I throttle up and ride parallel to the wind, and I can see the blaze-line stretching out ever further beside me. It's crazy how fast this is spreading. Little scary. I stop wondering why Graham was on edge, because it's obvious now. I'm nothing to the inferno. Just nothing.

I flinch when I hear the big pop, but keep my bike steady enough. I ask, "What the gently caress was that!?" even though nobody's around to listen. It just comes out. I break, and look over my shoulder to see if I can't tell what went off. We had a decent cache of ammo at the clubhouse, and it wouldn't surprise me to hear some pops from the rounds cooking off, but nothing like a gently caress-off explosion. Unless someone was holding out on me.

Sharps: Read a sitch?: 2d6 10

A fire's a fire. Obviously. You don't get too close, you don't go into smoke. Is this just a fire? What the gently caress is exploding?
What should I be on the lookout for?

Okay - for your earlier question, I was headed to Danny Boy's dig-out. He's not a fighter, but we're on pretty good terms, because he knows how to fix poo poo. He's got a bunch of tools, powered and manual. Knows how to work a lathe. He's not an idiot, so he's probably already made it to the beach, but he's got more steel stockpiled than he can carry out at once. Figure I'll gather up whatever screwdrivers he left behind. Be a shame for those to go up.

Oh, and a bunch of cameras. And those shake-out instant polaroids. He's into that stuff, but I'd rate it a low priority.
Where's my best way in?

And I'll hold on to that third question for now.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro
Seriously Scary poo poo: 2d6 10
I'll pick unconsciousness, and you pick one from Pain.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

"You still want to talk big in a situation like this, Puck? As if things are bad enough, you want to antagonize the person mostly likely to kick your rear end? Seems like the dumbest way to get out of this situation. Unless you want your rear end killed. Personally I don't have a death wish, so I'm trying to figure out a non-violent solution to this problem. I guess you're too stupid to think of something like that. Same way you're too stupid to know you shouldn't have tried robbing me."

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm feeling a little under the weather and have a bunch of stuff coming up over the next couple days. Here's hoping for an update tomorrow.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ebbs, Puck turns suddenly and punches you in the nose, sending you sprawling again. Murmurs bubble up from the crowd, but quickly fade away again. She's not really concerned with you, anymore. Makes sense, really. She's clearly not getting the jingle or the spice off you right now; she might as well deal with Sansa. And Sansa, you realize that whatever she was originally doing, now she intends to cut you down to size. The shopkeepers and dealers at the Market might be dealing with the violence that Puck's bringing, but it seems like it's might be preferable to paying you off every week. Maybe Puck figures herself the hero of the Market, maybe she's just exploiting the ambient feeling. Either way, Gregor sees your signal and brings his gun from his back to a high ready. At this point, he staggers forward, then collapses, knife sticking straight out of his back. Blood leaks onto the ground. He might not be dead, but he's definitely out. No one moves.

Dick, first and foremost you need to be on the lookout for the fire jumping around, the breeze is up and there are sparks flying. Danny Boy's digout still has a roof, ya know? But speaking of, that roof is probably the best way in. If you tear it up, you won't have to go to the main tunnel. Tunnel entrance is closer to the inferno, probably closer than you want to be. But then you'll have to jump down. Choices. You're Acting Under Fire either way, but remember you get +1.

Sethro, somehow you wake up, just as the woman slings you off her shoulders onto a cot. She's a mess, but so are you. "Saved my life, so I figured I'd do the same for you," she says. "I'm Bean," she says with a genuine smile as blood drips from her eyebrow to her chin. While you find your voice, you pat around for your gear...camcorder's gone.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Sansa

Sansa doesn't waste time turning and running for Gregor. No time. Better for everyone if she solves the problem at the root.

Before Puck can figure out that Sansa isn't going to turn Sansa has already lunged across the distance between them at full barrel. With one hand, she grasps Puck by the throat and hurls her to the floor. Something hits her side, but it can wait until after this. Before the little princess can recover a boot is firmly on her neck, with the clear threat of weight being added if she gets too uppity.

"Now, I think some of y'all are gettin' ahead of yerselves, she says to the crowd. Her voice is low and menacing, and carries far.

"Some of y'all don't like payin'. I get that. I wouldn't either. But you know what the alternative is?" She gestures at the feebly struggling "gang leader." "It ain't her. It's 5 dozen hers, all asking for the same amount I ask for. And you wouldn't get protection for it, neither. You'd get war." She spits on Puck's face. "Not this petty poo poo, but straight up gunfire in the streets and fire in the stalls. That's what I'm holdin' back, you motherfuckers. Blood spreads, it stains everythin', so I'm here to keep it out."

She hauls Puck to her feet. "Get the gently caress out of here, princess, and don't come back." She leans in real close, whispers. "And start runnin'. I'm gonna make good on what I said earlier. The only reason yer alive is 'cause there ain't no point in burning down everything you love if you ain't there to watch."

Sansa hurls Puck bodily toward the entrance. Then, and only then, she kneels and picks up Gregor's unconscious body. drat it, Gregor... I shoulda been watchin' yer back, like you were mine." She looks at Ebbs. "You. I still don't like you..." She comes to a decision. "But I got an idea I think you might want in on. And iffen you do, I'll forget the whole thing between us. If yer in, help me get Gregs home." She flinches, and Ebbs at least probably sees that she's bleeding bad and barely on her feet- someone in the crowd must have shot her during the confusion. She pulls him closer to her. Can't let the crowd see. "Actually, help us both home and I'll forget about it, regardless."

Seize by Force: 2d6+2 8
you take definite hold of it
you impress, dismay or frighten your enemy

I'm seizin' control of this here situation

Harm result: KZA: 7 (2d6+1=3, 3)
The wound is bleeding bad, and she needs medical attention as badly as Gregor does
She's losing her footing.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 20, 2014

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

He could feel the blood trickle coming from his nose. At the moment he would like nothing more then to shoot her sorry rear end, however, he knew that a response like that would cause a chain reaction of bad things happening. Best to keep this fight to fists and knives.

Hearing Sansa's offer he nodded. He still thought he was in the right with the salvage, so he wasn't going to apologize for that. On the other hand, he knew being allied with Sansa was in his best interest. If things had gone differently in the fight, then he would have been pleading with Sansa to not kill him for going on her turf. Having things turn out this way allowed him to save his dignity.

He walked over to Sansa and took Gregor from her. He couldn't help, but notice that she was wounded too. No sign of the attack though and that worried him. As he took the weight of Gregor off of her, he whispered to her.

"Need to get you out of here. Talk later." Ebbs saw this as a business transaction. He helped Sansa and then he'll get paid with forgiveness. Definitely a good deal to him. Assuming of course there weren't any threats in the crowd.

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Apr 22, 2014

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
Dick

drat, that's a great idea! Dick, you are a goddamn genius. Going through the roof would be the obvious smart move for a man on foot, but as anyone who spends a few weeks driving a motorcycle around a hilly, jungle-y, craggy island must learn, the most direct route is not always the fastest.

I'm gonna drive right through the tunnel, gather some poo poo, stuff some shiny into my bags (a backpack, a little box-like motorcycle 'trunk,' and a second backpack hanging just behind my rear end on the seat; all of them already half full of junk) and then motor rear end back out. Danny Boy is the kind of stickler who'd give a guest some poo poo if they tracked mud into his house. He probably wouldn't give me poo poo for it, but I'd be able to see the little internal struggle in his eyes, the trade-off between gettin' protective about his flooring and not pissing me off. Sorry, D.B. Let's ride. (And loot)

Cool: There is Fire, I am Acting: 2d6+1 6
That's one for being so fuckin' cool, plus another one for being wary, a total of ~7~

Power tools, then screwdrivers, then metallic poo poo I don't recognize immediately, then other scraps. Unless something jumps out at me. Not going to take the time to discriminate too hard.

StringOfLetters fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 21, 2014

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Toyman

"But they're oh so useful!" the Toyman protests. "What if you must fight a fire, not a man? Small Bart loves his squirtgun." Seeing Big Sven is disinclined to budge without two more real death-dealers, he sighs and rummages again, coming up with a solid, bulky revolver and a hunting rifle with cracked and sun-bleached wooden furniture. "Here you are, here you are, three bags full."

After Big Sven has left with his toys, the Toyman spends a little time cleaning up. The tea things are put away, he uses the toy rifle to drag the skylight cover back into place, and he locks up the footlocker again, placing a handful of keys in the jack-in-the-box. The actual footlocker key, however, gets placed inside the battery compartment of a doll. All throughout, he whistles, hums, and sings children's rhymes under his breath.

Then, the Toyman sits at the table and places in front of himself The Cube. "What shall we do, where shall we go? East side, west side, all around the town? Round about the mulberry bush? Down the crooked mile?"

---

Opening my brain, looking for information about unclaimed salvage, lost ruins, or some way to get together with one of the other groups of PCs.

Opening the BRAAAIN, +weird: 2d6+2 7

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

"Sethro as a cameraman you done fell off..." he murmurs to himself as he tries to rub the remaining smoky feeling out of his eyes. Failing that, with a grunt of pain he hefts himself up to swing his legs over the side of the cot and sit.

"Bean, I'm Sethro. You mighta heard me if you got any radio equipment, I run a show outta my studio up in Wolf Mountain. Ahhhh poo poo." he managed to get out that sentence before hocking up another sooty globule of blood onto the ground. "Sorry 'bout that."

"So. Saved each others lives, that's pretty fresh. This your place?" He rubs at his eyes again while taking in his surroundings.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Market reels, but Sansa's made her point. Puck lays in the dirt for a few moments, sprawled out twisted on the ground, before slowly picking herself up. She starts dusting herself off, before giving up that idea and starts leaving, along with the rest of the crowd, and her gang. Gregor, of course, doesn't leave, or really even pick himself up. As you collapse, Sansa, and Ebbs negotiates his picking you up, you both notice that Puck turns to sneer back. Spunky girl, but then she sees the two of you looking at her and takes off. There's something to remember about her, but she's just a small cat in a big jungle, for now. Ebbs, you're covered in blood. Yours, Sansa's, Gregor's. Sansa's at least mostly capable of walking on her own, but Gregor's out on his feet and it takes all of your strength to bring the top two people in the Wrecks and Wracks 'organization' home. All in a day's work? Sun hasn't even gotten all the way overhead, yet.

"Sethro? That's the number guy's name? That's you?" Bean seems excited, before wincing herself. "'cuse me, guess that answers your question." She points with a clearly injured arm across to the corner of the room, where a small crank-powered radio sits, along with a couple of small hand tools. "Those numbers," she says earnestly, "I dunno what it is. Lots of people don't seem to really get it. I think I get it." Her face turns serious again. "But yeah, saved each other's life. You tackled us out of the way of the explosion, well me really. You ate a lot of it. I came to and got us here. I live here sometimes, yeah. Got a lot a little places here and there." Bean smiles again. "Think you can walk? No rush, but we both need a doc, you probably more than me. Know one up in the Respite, but he ain't free."

Dick, easy in, right? Grab some swag up, look around. I know you're not usually lookin' for this sort of thing, but Danny Boy's actually got himself a picture developed of...you. But there's no time to speculate as the tunnel fire starts catching bigger. Gotta go go go go. And on your way out, some of your poo poo catches fire. Which do you save - the power tools that you put so much effort into saving, or whatever gear you were already carrying?

>>>OVER THE MOUNTAIN AND DOWN IN THE VALLEY LIVES A FORMER TALKSHOW HOST<<< Toyman, an amusing fog of plastic, gunfire, and roses wafts over you and fills up your home, perhaps rising right out of the skylight as a column of thought visible to anyone in the area. Or maybe it doesn't, who knows. >>>A QUEEN'S SACRIFICE CAN LEAD TO TREASURE - AREN'T YOU FAMILIAR WITH THE IMMORTAL GAME?<<< But within it, you find yourself floating, floating, falling as a shiny raindrop, waiting to be collected in a barrel. >>>YOU SHOULD BE, BUT FOR NOW DUCATS WOULD BE...NICE<<<

So yeah, that was a hell of a morning, wasn't it? --MC
So, Session 1 is over. Do your Hx, and let me know what timeframe you'd like to let lapse before we pick back up: half a day, a week, a month, or something else entirely. There will be some questions for you to consider as well.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
Dick

Huh.

O..okay. I don't remember gettin' picturized.

I didn't take Danny Boy for a fruit. Whatever, guess it's not that surprising. Or a big deal. I spend a second admiring the handsome son of a bitch in the photo. Not that big of a guy, but arms like steel cables. Unclear ethnicity, like almost everyone else around here, maybe a big fraction of asian-something, - tanned to a sexy bronze finish. Dark hair, short and greasy enough to spike up in places. Occasionally shaven face, smooth-assed skin in the picture, coarse mess in person right now.

Okay, Dick, put it back in your pants, there's a literal loving wildfire coming up on you. He slings a tool bag over his shoulder and picks up a mostly-full red plastic gas can, and he vroom-vroom's the hell back out the way he came. The ground is on fire near the tunnel mouth. Usually a bad idea to drive through something like that - Dick shuts hits eyes for a second and girds himself for a brief scorch. It's not actually that bad, flash of warmth, nice smoky smell, he's riding fast enough for that to not be a big deal.

Not a big deal for a wet, inflammable living being is still a big deal for a volatile-rear end can of gasoline. There's a little gout of fire coming from the spigot, the whole thing is heating up, and it's spraying more burning poo poo onto the tools. gently caress, and gently caress alike. I do some arm-flailing acrobatics to untangle myself from all the nice loot I just earned, drop it like it's hot, and still (barely) keep balance on the bike. So it goes, I guess. Seared off a lot of hair on my left arm, but I'm still good to go.

Alright, gently caress this noise, I'm headin' over to the mill house to cross the river and put this burning poo poo behind me.

//

Sethro, you showed up when poo poo got hot at my home. Means somethin', I guess. Have a Hx.

Emcee, how about, like, a week? After this thing's burnt itself out, hopefully.

StringOfLetters fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 27, 2014

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Ebbs

With Gregor out and Sansa close to it, Ebbs kept an eye open for all three. Without Sansa showing up, Ebbs wondered if he could have handled the situation or not. That was a tough question. A question he didn't really want to answer. He hated the idea that he couldn't survive on his own. The fight in the market made him wonder. Sansa might have balanced the ledger with her forgetting about that incident between them, but now it seemed like there were new marks in the ledger. Who owed who right now? Ebbs knew whether either of them liked it or not, the incident tied them together in a significant way. Sansa saved his rear end and then he went and saved Sansa's rear end and her boy's too. Ebbs knew that if he didn't step in, he could have given up Sansa to Puck. Puck might have been able to take out Sansa and make a bid to be the new hard holder. If that happened, then all hell would probably break loose. Keeping some semblance of order on the island made life on the island better, but how much did it matter to a guy like Ebbs? Getting Sansa and Gregor out of there might put them in his debt, but it might also mean he's obligated to keep an eye on them. Especially Sansa.

When Ebbs got to Sansa's holding, he helped her get some first aid. After that he just waited to see what Sansa had to say.

Ebbs certainly got to know Sansa better or something. Hx+1.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Sansa

Sansa scowls from her sickbed. The wound weren't too bad, as gunshots go, and she'll live. But it's embarrassing. Embarrassing to get shot in public. Embarrassing to have to ask help from Ebbs, as much as he's good at his job. Just plain embarrassing in every way.

Her life had been in the hands of fate and a man she only trusts because she knows he'll fall where the biggest payoff is. That stings something fierce.

Worse, she thinks, Gregor could be gone for good. His wound is bad, way worse than a low-cal shot to the side.

A third thought. You didn't even worry about Gregs until now...

She ignores that one. No time for getting sentimental. No, there's just one thought in her head now. The rest can wait.

"I," she growls to the air, "am gonna kill that loving bitch."

Sansa owes Ebbs. Hx+1. I vote for a brief half-day interlude then a week skip.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Sethro

"Yeah yeah, far as I know being unconscious is wicked bad for you." Sethro emphasizes this with a hearty cough, this time producing no blood but feeling as if it should. He kicks his legs over the side of the cot as he wonders idly to himself.

No jingle. Maybe I can fix something, doc's gotta have some hi tech poo poo that needs to keep running. Maybe he can fix these lungs for one thing. S'pose I could trade my headset, make a new one. If I got the parts...

Sethro hefts himself up with an exerted effort, getting to his feet and spitting again for good measure. He rolls his shoulders and idly stretches one leg, getting ready for walking to the doc.

"So Bean, after we get ourselves right as rain how'd you like to come down to the studio and do an interview?"

Dick now understands Sethro's steeze a little more than he did before, Hx+1. A week sounds like a good time to come back.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Toyman, you out there?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hm, guess he wasn't as important as we thought he might have been. Island's weird that way. --MC

The rest of you, a few questions and statements for your consideration.

Sansa and Sethro, turns out the best doc around is well, the best doc around, and he's in O'Malley's Respite. The both of you ended up under the care of the DZA, as he's called. Bean didn't like being around when Sansa was. Sethro, seems like she stuck around while you were gettin' stitches and pills more than she needed to be.

Dick, who'd Big Sven sell to? Directly to the market, or to Puck? And how do you know?

Ebbs, how'd you leverage taking care of the Queen into good standing in the Wrecks and Wracks, and who there might have their loyalty shifting a bit?

Dick, Miller's Hill is basically ash. You and your gang are on the road again.

Gregor didn't recover, he died a few days ago.

Bean's definitely healed up just fine, Sethro. Interview went well. She came dressed a little differently, form-fitting black top, new gun. Still, she got the cargo pants instead of those overalls. Said the new duds were some sort of armour, real comfortable. Evasive otherwise. Looks...good. Implied she might want to come back. How do you feel about that?

Sansa, Zeb's looking for his payoff, starting to get antsy. Yeah, you've been laid up, but a deal's a deal.

Ebbs, you getting in the middle of this?

Danny Boy's pretty grateful you tried to save his poo poo. All he's got now is a multitool and a camera. And a bike, of course. Sethro, you work on any of Dick's bikes?

Sansa, did Chloe come see you? Know you've got some history and word travels fast, but you never know how things go on the Island.

You never know how things go on the Island.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?

Captain Foo posted:

Dick, who'd Big Sven sell to? Directly to the market, or to Puck? And how do you know?

To Puck. We know this because we thought about rolling over her territory now that the Hill is crisped, and we found out she'd traded up from nail bats to a goddamn arsenal. Nobody died, but gently caress that.

Captain Foo posted:

Dick, Miller's Hill is basically ash. You and your gang are on the road again.

If we find the mother fucker who started that fire, I am literally going to burn him alive. Anyone else has a clue about that - you'd best step up now, because if we find out 'bout anyone holding out on us, you're joining him on the burn pile.

StringOfLetters fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 5, 2014

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Captain Foo posted:

Sansa and Sethro, turns out the best doc around is well, the best doc around, and he's in O'Malley's Respite. The both of you ended up under the care of the DZA, as he's called. Bean didn't like being around when Sansa was. Sethro, seems like she stuck around while you were gettin' stitches and pills more than she needed to be.

Bean and Sansa have some sorta beef? I should ask her, Wrecks and Wracks draw a lotta water around here.

Captain Foo posted:

Bean's definitely healed up just fine, Sethro. Interview went well. She came dressed a little differently, form-fitting black top, new gun. Still, she got the cargo pants instead of those overalls. Said the new duds were some sort of armour, real comfortable. Evasive otherwise. Looks...good. Implied she might want to come back. How do you feel about that?

Oooh, somebody's showing off a new rig-out and it ain't the guy who's worn the same rear end outfit for the past year. I'd love to have her back, always looking for new segments on the program. Always lookin' to have people around the studio, 'specially if she understands the numbers. Maybe me and her start something. Maybe we don't.

Alright hopefully we do, who am I kidding.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sansa and ebbs, I need your responses and per session rolls, and we'll start the next session soon.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

[b]Sansa and Sethro, turns out the best doc around is well, the best doc around, and he's in O'Malley's Respite. The both of you ended up under the care of the DZA, as he's called. Bean didn't like being around when Sansa was. Sethro, seems like she stuck around while you were gettin' stitches and pills more than she needed to be.

Ebbs, how'd you leverage taking care of the Queen into good standing in the Wrecks and Wracks, and who there might have their loyalty shifting a bit?

Its another gig, is what it is. Leverage? I cleared up one outstanding pain in the rear end for a new one. I know Gregor is grateful for what I did. I didn't associate too much with the other people there. Some of them might think of me a little more kindly, but there was nothing I noticed.

Captain Foo posted:

Sansa, Zeb's looking for his payoff, starting to get antsy. Yeah, you've been laid up, but a deal's a deal.

Ebbs, you getting in the middle of this?

No one is gonna accuse me of being a people person. Still, if Sansa needs my help, she's got it. Even though I saved her life, I feel like I got an obligation to her now.

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 6, 2014

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gregor's dead.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

quote:

The wrecks shoulda handled the lootin' just fine without me. I'm gonna get with him t' trade it soon as I get on my fuckin' feet... those guns are mine. I got use for 'em. Lots of fuckin' use.

quote:

Sansa, did Chloe come see you? Know you've got some history and word travels fast, but you never know how things go on the Island.

Chloe came by, but only lookin' fer her usual... didja think Zeb was the only place I dumped the bad pills? Lady loves 'em... don't know if she uses 'em or sells them in turn but she always seems to know when I've got some. Was mighty disappoint when she heard Zeb had dibs. Think she went looking for him...

quote:

Gregor didn't recover, he died a few days ago.

Yeah, I know.

I'm going to eat her heart.

She's gonna find out what it is I hold back. She opened the lock with a knife and now she will see what it is I keep chained. They howl for blood... they will have it. For now. And when they are quenched I will draw them back into the cage.

I needs a replacement warden, tho. I wonder if Ebbs is willing to sell some loyalty. Jus' fer a little while.

CREAM: 2d6+2 12

Even without their leader, the W&W dine well... that ship proved more lucrative than expected. Zeb will be pleased, if he don't manage to step on the wrong nerve and get shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Gregor dead? That's a shame. Without others seeing what I did, I don't think they're going to have their loyalties swayed. I'm not a leader, I'm just a guy. Maybe there's people at W&W who might be inclined to treat me a little nicer.

I decided to just do some scavenging, wanted to keep low for the moment.

1 gig Scavenging (1-barter / impoverished): 2d6+1 8

Also Ebbs is up for the replacement Warden position.

• Locked thread