Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blind Sally posted:

And 4>2, hence why General Grievous is clearly the greatest Jedi Sith Lightsabre Duelist of all time.

Everyone knows Grievous let Obi-Wan win because he was tired of working for Palpatine. How else could you possibly lose in a 4 to 1 lightsaber fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dooky Dingo posted:

I just don't understand why none of the other force users that Grievous fought didn't think to just loving force crush the guys rib cage before.
For that matter, why don't Force users access that particular ability more often?
Seems about as broken as the whole fiasco in D&D where a low-level wizard could insta-kill living beings by creating a gallon of fresh water IN THEIR LUNGS.

It's several reasons why I try not to argue any logic in fantasy or fiction settings, especially films or adaptations of them. For Star Wars, the original trilogy didn't have to worry about it because Jedis were all but wiped out and the focus was never on their powers. The prequels and other material just feels out of place when you consider what Jedis and/or Sith can do.

I enjoy parts of it for what it is, and I try not to dwell on the (really) stupid stuff. If I did, I'd probably have a brain aneurysm or something.

Also, can't wait to see more of this LP. Maybe it'll convince me to actually play this game rather than have it sit idly on my HDD.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
You know, I joked about the game having a lot of QTE's and being a slog but I find this boss to be the complete embodiment of slow and boring. Until the second half at least, but it makes me wonder why the developer thought it was such a good idea.

Also, yay! my thread title got posted!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Quiet Python posted:

It'll be interesting to finally see...right?

Everytime I read something like this, I feel like someone, somewhere has set up a rehab clinic for people who played Force Unleashed I and II. :smith:

I don't want QTE's, I just want to be a cool jedi making his way through the galaxy.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

David D. Davidson posted:

Hopefully J.J. Abrams will unfuck star war. But better safe than sorry.

I'm going to go see the next movie as soon as possible like the fanboy I am with no expectations. I'm optimistic though, so there's that.

Maybe I'll see how many references to the EU I can spot. :unsmith:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

bman in 2288 posted:

The EU that no longer matters to the canon? Eh, I'm not that big into the EU, anyways, so I think I'd have missed all of them, anyways.

I don't accept the prequels as canon, so suck on that Lucas! :c00lbert:

But honestly, I don't really care what's canon or not. I like to think that whatever I believe is good in the EU + anything that makes sense, is canon but I won't get upset over what the creator wants. I mean, it's sci-fi stuff any way you look at it so you might as well interpret it however you want and enjoy it for that.

I've played too many SW games, read too many books/comics and other stuff and JJ Abrams is definitely going to reference EU stuff even if its just a split second in the background.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

IAmTheRad posted:

The canon has been changed. The films, Clone Wars TV series and movie, and everything else produced for Star Wars from now on will be canon. They might incorporate parts of the previous expanded universe which is now under the Legacy title into future products, and they do have the rights to say if any part of the expanded universe under the Legacy title would be canon or not.

Don't forget that the movies don't include the cartoon ewok movies (That I have yet to see) or the Christmas special but we don't talk about that one

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

nine-gear crow posted:

Can I get a game that doesn't suck instead if I win, please? The last time I did something like this, Artix dumped Final Fantasy XIII on me. :mad:

Star Wars Rogue Squadron

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So like... the difference between the light side ending and the dark side ending is that EVIL Starkiller and CO. watch Vader get taken prisoner? It's made worse by the fact that it's supposed to be raining, and that would make you super obvious to see with your psychic mind powers that sense when other jedis are nearby.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Trizophenie posted:

No, no, in the light side ending evil Starkiller and company DON'T EXIST! Welcome to the plot of Force Unleashed 2.

I prefer to think that Starkiller and CO. DO exist and are so tired of Vader and everyone else being giant idiots that they just shove off to the nearest cantina and drink heavily... for several years.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blind Sally posted:

And Dash Rendar is sitting next to them. All extended universe fiction will exist if we just believe :unsmith:

:golfclap: I'm clapping my hands and doing my part to believe in them, are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah... Dash has really kind of fallen on hard times ever since Disney spiked the EU.

They've got a tie-in movie that's going to be between 7 and 8 that features Dash Rendar. The big bad is rumoured to be Thrawn.

How do I know this? My great uncle's niece's nephew's brother's second sister twice removed's dad works for Disney.

• Locked thread