Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

NewMars posted:

Personally, I would like to see them. They always make things more interesting.

I agree. They're kind of fun to watch when you don't have to deal with them yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Ghostwoods posted:

As a matter of fact, I have no idea what the icons mean, and find the systemic notes interesting. I admit that no, I have not yet read through a 3000+ post mega-thread to swot up on the symbology of a game I've not played. On the other hand, I'm not so droolingly stupid that I can't get a pretty shrewd idea of what "-60% fertility" implies. So -- personally -- I would find the occasional system-related fact fairly interesting.

I agree with this. I'm a huge fan of CK2 LPs despite having never actually played the game, so it's nice to explain what the little icons actually mean.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Israel.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Zion, maybe?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

McGavin posted:

You didn't win first, second, or third in the tournament because tournaments are currently bugged to be almost unwinnable. Your character has a fixed date when they can win the tournament, which is far enough after the other characters become eligible to win that it is nearly impossible for the "Tournament Winner" events to fire for you before they fire for another character.
Over the course of ~70 hours of CK2 and probably a few dozen characters (nearly all of which have hosted a tournament soon after their coronation to help alleviate the short reign blues) I've won exactly one. And his martial score was only 12 or something.

Also, is that big gray Levantine blob on the map Jerusalem? I don't think I've ever seen it do that well (unless it belongs to me, of course :smuggo:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

GSD posted:

Once a non-Karling holds one of those titles, it gets renamed, and it will be France/Germany for the rest of the game.
(even if a Karling reclaims it, interestingly.)

If that non-Karling is you, and you prefer the name East Francia to Germany (like me :shrug:) then you can just rename it back. Or call it Fartland or something.

• Locked thread