Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

RZApublican posted:

The should change their name on account being so far from Germany.

The Catalonian Order does have a nice ring to it...

There already are two Spanish holy orders, how many do you need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Jenner posted:

New Law, convert Aztecs to proper Jews.

Also, I don't have Eurpoa Universalis and I don't plan on getting it so if the game hits EU before my turn I'll have to step out of rotation.

Well, there are roughly 600 years from game start to game end. Assuming every ruler rules 30 years (very unlikely) then you would get 20 rulers. I'm pretty sure there will be people assassinated the year they claim the throne, dying in their first combat or inheriting with 65. You will get your turn.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

MegaZeroX posted:

You can excise this part. We can see this for ourselves. No need to jump out of character just to say this.

People are directed to the tutorial thread in the OP, so I think it's assumed everybody knows the game.

What's up with the black flags/family crests? You didn't have those in your Alba game?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I believe that cross for "Pleasures in the Afterlife" is used for other "event traits" as well, so there's nothing wrong with explaining what it is.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I find it ironic that you cannot borrow from Jewish moneylenders to solve your money problems.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

TinTower posted:

I think it was Viscardus's LP (Kingdom in the Sun) that had e_byzantium switch to e_latin if it ever fell into Catholic hands, and since then Catholic Byzantines look weird to me.

Also, "Catholic" shouldn't be the name of the heresy after the schism gets fixed, given what "catholic" actually means. :colbert:

Conversely, if you mend the schism and then Roman Catholicism becomes the dominant religion, Orthodox should be renamed as well, given what "orthodox" actually means.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

beefart posted:

E:

gently caress arpad, forever.

Posts a map with Karlings holding the kingdoms of Germany, Bavaria, Lotharingia, France and maybe even Aquitaine (cant't tell).

Says gently caress arpad forever :confused:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Funky Valentine posted:

Rajews of India.

:golfclap:

Expanding into the better holdings of the Middle East will strengthen us more than occupying useless tundra holdings, and it brings us closer to reclaiming Israel.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Amnistar posted:

Honestly I'd love to see a modification to revolts so that there is less chance for any individual to join, but they all trigger at once. That would make empires less stable.

Considering how often vassals are in several factions at once it might get pretty complex with the new "unified revolt" system.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

A bit ironic that the (Eastern) Roman Empire is the one that restores Israel.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Are we not holding the second Rome?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

TinTower posted:

We should own the second and third Romes.

And all the other Romes in ByzLP. :colbert:

We do own the second Rome (Constantinople). We are missing the first Rome (Rome), and the various third Romes (Moscow is adjacent to our land, so it would be trivial to conquer it. Vienna and Aachen in the HRE would take more effort though.)

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
^^Edit: That's right, but I somehow doubt that they got a special decision to convert to Judaism.

loquacius posted:

How do the Mongol-conversion events work? Would they only convert to Islam or is there a chance we'd see some Jewish Mongol countries?

According to the CK2 wiki you are out of luck:

CK2 Wiki posted:

The first two Mongol hordes, the Golden Horde and the Ilkhanate, can convert to by a special event to Catholic, Orthodox, Nestorian, Sunni, or Shia.

The Khagan must be unreformed Tengri and not Zealous. The horde's realm must include a province of the new religion. Finally, the time since horde arrival must be between 40 and 80 years.

The MTTH is about 4 years (per target religion), decreased to 3 years if the capital already has the new religion. With a 40-year window, it is therefore likely to happen as long as the Khagan has not reformed the Tengri faith and is not Zealous.

All characters are informed when the event triggers. The Khagan and all "playable" Tengri characters in the realm convert to the new religion. Their capital provinces also convert.

If Hitlers Gay Secret would post a religion map we could learn more, but I strongly suspect that what the Mongols have taken till now has only one religion they can convert to, Sunni Islam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Left posted:

Doesn't the game end in 1.5 more years? Is the next update going to be a state of the world -> EU4 conversion?

Are the laws going to carry over into EU4??

I hope not because they get really tiring, better make up new rules in EUIV.

• Locked thread