Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

##Add me to the list

Maybe we can devise a system where each player can create up to 5 laws that they and future players must follow, and can only get rid of 3 laws (other than 1 and 2) that the previous ruler(s) created.

Also, perhaps the thread could use a title that didn't cut off.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Hey, fun question. Does anyone remember what my goddamn name is? I forgot to get a screenshot of myself and it's information that really doesn't come up very often.

You are Khan Yerlesnu.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

(In other words, she’s Homosexual, Chaste, and has focused on Pleasures in the Afterlife. -60% fertility.)

You can excise this part. We can see this for ourselves. No need to jump out of character just to say this.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

If they can't, then they probably have no clue what "-60% fertility" means. Honestly, the in character description was enough.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

TravelLog posted:

There's no need to be so condescending. While many of us can indeed read character traits, not everyone can and regardless, I hardly see how a single line could so offend or annoy you that it merits inconveniencing others who aren't such "pros" at this game, like yourself.

I don't think I was condescending. All I was saying is that the in character description was enough. He said that the character was known for chastity and rumored to be homosexual. Him posting "that means she is chaste, celibate, and homosexual, so -60% fertility" wouldn't help anyone in a way that the image or description wouldn't. Her being chaste and homosexual was covered in the description the Khan gave. The -60% fertility wouldn't help anyone, because either it is just a number for the people that don't know this game's underlying mechanics, or the reader would already know it from their own knowledge.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 17, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

It's a good question: There are a lot of black crests around, including in my updates.

:smaug::ghost: And sending in a scout force? My son, I ordered everyone to mass up together outside their borders with good reason.

Probably differences in Dynasty Shields DLC between the players.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 17, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

biosterous posted:

I disagree. I'd rather have the explanation and know just how unlikely she is to have a kid.

(also, do you really think that people who don't play the game can't figure out "-60% fertility"? It's pretty straightforward, bud.)

The "-60% fertility" is just a number. Does it mean that when she would have a child there is a 60% chance that it wouldn't happen? Does it mean that the percent chance of having a child is mulitplied by .4? Is the starting fertility at 100%? I just don't think a number is helpful at all. Being told she is very chaste and homosexual gives the reader the same amount of information. That description gives the odds of having a child better than a number does, unless one is familiar with CK2, in which case they wouldn't need it anyway.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 17, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Amnistar posted:

If anyone would like more details on a specific country, let me know.

What exactly does Khazaria look like now?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Right, next update's ready (and long). I just need one thing from all you people:

What should a Jewish empire be named?

Restore the glory of Israel.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Nice. I was hoping to do this if I got the lunatic trait. Oh well, I'll find some other interesting things to do with your great grandson. I can't wait to see what law you make!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Technowolf posted:

This basically happened with all games from the Old Gods start date for some reason.

Unless you are playing as the Byzantine empire and mend the great schism.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I don't have the customization DLC, so I'm going to have to wait on Amnistar.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Yeah, he sent it to me yesterday, I'm just busy with college stuff. I'll probably get around to it in a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Yeah, I'm going to pass it on to whoever is next. Sorry, my schedule is much more busy than I thought. Good luck to whoever is next!

• Locked thread