Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

##Add me to the list

Sign me up, I want to see us crash headfirst into Arpad and his ilk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Veloxyll posted:

If this is on the Rajas of India map, Cumania will just as likely crash into us!

They can be kind of a jerk like that.

It is the RoI map - you can see Perm's new Siberian neighbor.

Let us spread Judaism to the vast lands of Ind! And then spend the next five or so rulers stomping constant religious revolts.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I've got a law:

The Kings of Khazaria shall not war with those who follow the words Jesus or the words Mohammed, lest they throw the first blow. Filthy pagans are fair game tho.

We've got centuries until Crusades and Jihads will be a thing, so this could curb our expansion into the Holy Land.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

drat, I totally wanted to set Crimea up as our Black Sea money factory. Great minds think alike.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

gently caress Adventurer invasions, seriously. Where do those troops even come from?

EDIT: Oh, heads up if we're reestablishing the Crimean Money Factory - Give the mayor the county title his city is in. Then give him the duchy title. It's best to give him all the counties in the duchy before giving him the title.

Now let's show those Italian bastards how to make money.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It seems the capital moved east because gavelkind is garbage.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

During the development of CK2: Hey guys what if we made a succession law that can completely ruin any progress you make...and then gave it to 90% of the playable countries?

*everyone in room nods like this is the greatest idea ever*

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I just throw my succession onto Primogeniture. The demesne bonus is not worth the headaches in the slightest.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Eh, Elective can be a crapshoot in my experience.

There's always that one Duke who will never vote for your choice, even at 100 opinion. Huge money sink.

Of course, just having one duke and a bunch of counts can rig the odds in your favor (like my Abyssinia/EGYPT RESTORED game.)

Now Tanistry on the other hand...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

We should totally nab a Basque to educate our kids so we can get that sweet sweet Absolute Cognatic.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Does our ssssssstupid brother give us a decent levy, at least?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The good Basileus is probably after that bit of Georgia we ate up.

Oh, and hell yeah we get goddamn horse archers. Lets make our retinues nothing but them and archers.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

We could always grind moral authority off Holy Wars against the Tengriists and Suomenusko, no one really cares about them for the next four hundred years.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

When I get the reigns, I'm devoting all resources towards forming Tataria, and then promptly rename it something cool. Like Jewistan. Or Alpha Israel.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Thank Elohim that the pagans have seen fit to spread out randomly across the steppes.

What's our Moral Authority right now?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Christ, the Arpads usually don't convert that fast.

Can at least torch Constantinople to the ground?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hmmm...If we can achieve it, a Jewish Eastern Rome would be a great way to take the heat off us. Make a great staging ground into the Holy Land, too.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Look at all the OPMs to our north...just ripe for the taking...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Asking the Jews for cash should be in all the Abrahamic faiths. Especially in our case when we ourselves are Jews.

How's Crimea's progress on making the Black Sea lucrative?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

We could always start as the Jewish duke in the 1066 starts.

Or the new Jewish count in Abyssinia if we want a real challenge.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

CapnAndy posted:

Even in the worst case scenario, they can only take us one duchy at a time, 10 years apart. We're not facing a game over here yet, guys. Just a humiliating drubbing.

They're after the other Georgian duchy, aren't they?

Maybe after we fully withdraw from the Caucasus, the Romans will leave us alone and we can go beat up some Zoroastrians or something.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Things are looking up for the Jews!

*Hungary declares holy war, brings in the Romans*

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I just throw a bunch of horse archers and archers together randomly, tends to get results.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Our Moral Authority must be amazing even with no the holy sites.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

CapnAndy posted:

19. We've lost about as many Holy Wars as we've won, sadly.

drat it all. At least the pagans are small and weak; should be simple to grind authority off them once we've taken care of their bullshit attrition.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The non-Christian/Muslim holy sites tend to be random as hell - probably to make it somewhat difficult to get all of them.

I'm still trying to figure out why Tengriism has a site in the middle of Hungary. Isn't that where Attila the Hun's court was?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh, so that's what our coat-of-arms looks like.

...I'm totally going to change our flag to that once we form an empire and I can find our coat-of-arms in the files.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Amnistar posted:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. She is.

Small footnote in Manasseh II and the Making of the Modern World: Oh yeah, and the Byzantine empress was possessed by Satan. Explains a lot, actually.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hopefully the Saffarids and Tiberiasids can wear his troops down in a somewhat significant way.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So I made a lovely mockup of the flag for our impending Jewish Tartaria/Jewistan/Super Khazar World:

why is it an even number it doesnt center right why why whywhy

...is there another way to Jew something up without spamming the star of David? Maccabees hammers? Random Hebrew? Scrolls?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

For the record, our coat of arms is basically a less grandiose version of my mockup.

CapnAndy posted:

I quite like that, I think we'd overcomplicate it by adding additional iconography. The only thing I'd change would be to pull the wings up a bit so they're not crowding the star at the top, otherwise it's very striking.

I'm probably going to move the star down, actually. Maybe shrink it a bit so it centers better.

EDIT:

Okay, improved a bit.

aaaaaand a motto:

"Commit to THE LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed"

Funky Valentine fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Apr 30, 2014

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Patter Song posted:

Star of David isn't period-appropriate anyway, it wasn't primarily associated with Judaism until the 19th century, and in the Medieval period it's about as likely to be used as a symbol of occult magic (the Seal of Solomon) as it is a sign of Judaism.

I'll probably whip up a menorah version either tonight or tomorrow.

Although I'm now partial to the idea that outsiders think Super Khazaria is populated by crazy occultist Jews who ride horses and shoot people.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Alright, claimed it. Gonna start working on it tonight.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm going to put out a quick "how's the world doing?" update in a little bit. I...may see temporary solutions to our Seljuk and Roman problem.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Amnistar posted:

...Are you changing your religion? I will be very dissapointed if that happens! :P

OOC: No, no. I said "temporary solution", not "fix literally every problem we have".

---------------------------------------------------------

Update 0: News of the World

Ah. Hello there. I am the Khan of Khazaria, refuge of the Jews, Khan Manar ben Tabghaç of House Bulanid.

I...apologize for the mess. My father's death has been...greatly affecting me. Between his passing and our subjugation of the Cumans, a day has not gone by where I sleep soundly.

...Oh! Would you like to see my maps? I simply adore maps. There's something rather...special, in seeing the world spread out before you. Don't you think? Ah, never you mind.

Here's the most recent map of my kingdom.

My ancestors have done quite right by us, wouldn't you say? Even after countless tragedies which have become routine for we Jews, the kingdom of Khazaria has soldiered on and prospered!

Shame about that odd enclave of ours to the northwest though. My father's cartographers made a typo it seems. I should really start making plans to fix that.

Here we have the endless pagan fiefdoms and tribes. Our generals and rabbis have told me that quick wars in the name of God against them should bolster Judaism's sway over the realm. I bet they have plenty of gold, yeah?

(OOC: Keep on truckin', Livonia)

The Romans. The damnable, blasphemous Romans. It is my dream - nay, the dream of every Khazar - to see their precious walls crumble to dust and have God ruin them like the Gomorrans they are. We are not strong enough to defeat them in a head-on fight - I am a realist, do not get the wrong impression - but their are...other ways to destroy an enemy. The current Empress is in the middle of a revolt, and her son is merely a child. A child of a different dynasty, at that! If the good Empress were to have an accident, well...

Here is a map of central Europe. Bastion of the Christian goyim. This map in particular was made very recently, as the squabbling between the descendants of Charles the Frank has the borders change almost daily.

Iberia. The site of constant struggle between the Mohametans and the Christians. The Umayyad Caliphate is but a shadow of it's former glory now, beaten back by the Francians and Holy Orders.

I'm going to level with you. We have have no idea what is actually going on with the isles of Britain. Quite frankly, I myself don't want to know.

The Seljuks. The hated Seljuks. They stole our path to the Tomb of Esther. They humiliated us on the battle field. And they will get theirs.

Oh, they will get theirs...Them and the Romans. They will learn not to trifle with God's Chosen People.

...Well, our subjects are gradually learning to follow the correct path. A few more conquests, and they will start seeing the truth.

Oh! Look the the time. My coronation is soon, I had better prepare myself - look presentable and all that. Shall you join us in the festivities?

You will? Good! Head down to the dining hall. I hear Binyamin the chef is preparing a grand feast for the entire county!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's odd. Usually Italy's been swallowed up by one of the Francia's or Lotharingia by now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

it begins

Update 1: Adjustments and Preparations

The traditional shiva for my father has been sat. I have been properly coronated.

The rituals are over. I must now begin the practical side to running a kingdom.

Starting with ending the Cumans!

My new vassals have been surprisingly useful; siegeing down Ishim and pursuing any straggling armies.

Meanwhile, my personal forces plus the mercenary corp my father hired lay waste to Tobol.

This is a simple war. I'm certain the Cuman king will give up the ghost in due time.

Less simple, however, are my political issues.

The Duke of Abkhazia is the only one of my vassals who did not meet my ascension with praise. He leads three whole factions against me (all for seemingly contradictory goals, granted.) They're weak now, but I must be on my toes if they start to fester.

Vassals are not quick to trust a new ruler, I may have to be liberal with my gifts.

To counteract this, I sent my skilled Chancellor Kibar to entreat Duke Abkhazia.

I also enacted some legal reforms that should make the vassals warm up to me faster.

I put my son's name into the nomination ballot for my successor. The electors (which only encompass the Dukes of core Khazaria; that will need to be rectified somehow) have their own candidate, but I am sure that as Menumarot matures they will come around.

The mercenary corp that my father - bless him - hired has been indeed very useful, but the sellswords are putting a drain on our treasury.

I decided to raise the tax burden on the burghers and mayors, because quite frankly no one cares what they think. The Grand Mayor of Manasseh actually liked me better for doing this.

To buy myself a new ally at little cost to myself, I usurped the Duchy of Kiev (which was owned by some fool who didn't actually own any land their) and gave it to...the rabbi duke.

Apparently someone set up a theocracy on the frontier of our kingdom. This...requires some explanation. I'll search my ancestor's records as soon as I can.

Ah! The siege of Tobol has been complete!

And my daughter is growing up to be a lovely lovely girl!

And the Cuman king gave up!

This has been a grand series of events! Why, I feel so festive...

...that I feel like making our borders beautiful!

-----------------

OOC: No, seriously, how did we get a theocracy running around?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm certainly renaming whichever Empire I form first (read: Tartaria.)

Ugra will get renamed, sure. Will probably rename Itil to something.

Veloxyll posted:

:( Why did you give up Kiev? It is the best province, 6 whole subholdings! Augh!
The Rabbi was very persuasive.

Also I really don't like to have my personal crap on the frontiers.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I've got two saves - one before the customizations and one with them.

...I've been playing the customized one, gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I have the customization DLC.

• Locked thread