Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This is the perfect weekend night cap after the slog of GoT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Josh Lyman posted:

This is the perfect weekend night cap after the slog of GoT.

I still gotta finish season 3.

I haven't been following Veep, what's happened so far this season?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

BigRed0427 posted:

I still gotta finish season 3.

Nothing hugely important has happened yet, at least not anything that you could call an event. They've mostly been having fun with the premise of running for president

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
"Jonah with money...my god, it's like if Hitler could fly."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Unrelated to the current episode, but there's only one thing I ask of this show before it ends:
For Amy to make some kind of off-hand comment that her first boyfriend died from being stung by bees.

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER
Speaking of Amy's boyfriends, her short lived BF from one of the past seasons is in Silicon Valley and is doing a knock out job.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wish they had let the rich Jonah plot go for a few episodes while he maxed out his credit cards in anticipation of his windfall

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The smarch? You have a special little march?

:swoon: JLD

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I just noticed in this episode that Selina had a woman in her security detail. That's pretty neat. I'm sick of every extra they cast as Secret Service in shows being vaguely threatening dudes in sunglasses. Have they had one before?

Zarimus
Jul 27, 2006

Nice skewering of Google and the general uncomfortable relationship between politics and Silicon Valley geekery.

Oh, and: "I've never made political capital out of my military record..."

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Danny Chung Torture
Danny Chung Torture
DANNY CHUNG TORTURE
DANNY CHUNG TORTURE

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

BigRed0427 posted:

oh uh not much

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I liked Veep's take on Silicon Valley much more than the new show of same name.

Craig's reaction when Selena abruptly declines to take home a smarch is priceless.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

CrAIg

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Man I love how this show revels in kicking Jonah when he's down :allears:

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
"We see ourselves as very much post-tax" was just perfect.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I also came in to say that this was a much better version of Silicon Valley.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Popelmon posted:

"We see ourselves as very much post-tax" was just perfect.

Craig's bullshit was some of the funniest stuff in the entire run of the series.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

All I can think of is this.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Kleptobot posted:

"Jonah with money...my god, it's like if Hitler could fly."

Straight into my top 10 quotes of the whole show.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
This show is just too loving good.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

Sentinel Red posted:

This show is just too loving good.

MeatingMyers.com on the huge projection screen was brilliant. Didn't think they'd go there!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ok can someone spell Craig phoenetically?

Also I don't think it's really fair to compare Silicon Valley to Veep. Veep is easily in the top 5 comedies airing and SV is a brand new show.

Unrelated, this is shaping up to be Veep's best season yet. Selena campaigning is a much more interesting story than Selena dealing with being sidelined as VP.

MetalFace
Jul 27, 2005
Join Us In Creating Excellence
I missed some good stuff on the first watch from laughing so much at 'Meating Meyer'. Gary tries to block the projection with a sign, only magnifying the image, to which Selina says "I'm only getting hosed HARDER that way, Gary". And also that all the chaos was further wear and tear on Gary's injured soldier. Awesome scene.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

zoux posted:

Ok can someone spell Craig phoenetically?

Cray-g, instead of Creg.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

twoot posted:

Cray-g, instead of Creg.

Yeah but you have to draw out the ayyyy more. It was a great gag.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
you see these brains?? you see why I'm pattin them??

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Holy poo poo, last episodes best line goes to Amy.

"Mike, I am balls-deep into this omelet, can you call this Cassie woman and invite her to Washington already?"

Man did that line kill me. It's followed up by a pretty great Mike-ism as well: "How come I don't have a tell-what-to-do guy?".

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I just noticed in this episode that Selina had a woman in her security detail. That's pretty neat. I'm sick of every extra they cast as Secret Service in shows being vaguely threatening dudes in sunglasses. Have they had one before?

Selina has had at least one woman in her security detail since season 1. There is this tall woman in her 40s with short semi-curly brown hair who seems to have a recurring non-speaking role as one of her secret service agents. She's been in a lot of episodes, I've seen her in the background lots of times.

Damo fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Apr 29, 2014

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Crayeeg or something.

Oh man, this show owns, but this season does feel a bit off somehow. Probably pushing the campaign plot and not having Selina in the district of cunts is part of it, but I can't really complain about anything specifically. It's still hilarious and Jonad is still an rear end.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
I like that they've gone with an overarching presidential campaign story this season because the stupidity of 2012 is still somewhat fresh, and it provides plenty of material for mockery when the actual campaigns start next year.

e: also I was dying at that stupid Danny Chung Torture word cloud thing

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

twoot posted:

Cray-g, instead of Creg.

(note: in britain we pronounce cray-g by default, i'm always a bit weirded out when someone with the name shows up on american tv because it doesn't come up often enough for me to have associated it as a legit pronunciation)

Also this was one of the best episodes yet, excellent and remarkably savvy skewering of silicon valley.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
So assuming they don't want this show to end in a season, how do you think they'll handle the presidential run?

I mean...if she loses...she's gone. If she wins...it's not really VEEP...

The only resolution I see that keeps the show "as-is<" is if the POTUS decides he IS going to run.

Although...I guess technically she can lose in the primaries and the front-runner can choose her as running-mate, and then win, right?

That's never happened before, AFAIK, but there's nothing against it, is there?

But then it'd be tricky because one of the running jokes I love is that we never see, hear, nor even know the name of POTUS. That'd be harder to do if he's a rival in the primaries, and then picks her as a running mate. In theory, we'd see them together on the campaign trail.

Then again, they can certainly just end the show next year if that's their plan. Nothing wrong with a TV show that is solid every season and doesn't overstay it's welcome as long as they can wrap it up properly.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Although...I guess technically she can lose in the primaries and the front-runner can choose her as running-mate, and then win, right?

The intro to every episode suggests this is exactly how she got her position as VP in the first place.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

In real life, this is what happened with Ronald Reagan and George Bush the First.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DrBouvenstein posted:

The opening kinda hints that this is exactly what happened to her the first go-around.

My god this episode was amazing. Furthering my belief that silicon valley is filled with enormous fuckwads and nothing else.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
Goddman do I love this show the first two seasons were great but this one has been knocking it out of the park.

DrBouvenstein posted:

But then it'd be tricky because one of the running jokes I love is that we never see, hear, nor even know the name of POTUS. That'd be harder to do if he's a rival in the primaries, and then picks her as a running mate. In theory, we'd see them together on the campaign trail.

I think the only thing we know about POTUS's appearance is he has some freakish jowels.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yoshifan823 posted:

The opening kinda hints that this is exactly what happened to her the first go-around.

Yeah I thought this was the entire premise of the show. POTUS is Republican, but chose a Democrat VP and ignores her completely leaving her to do her own thing.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The intro to every episode suggests this is exactly how she got her position as VP in the first place.

she ran, lost the nomination, and then became Veep. Like Joe Biden did.

However afaik there hasn't been a sitting Veep who has ran again, lost, and then stayed on as another president's veep.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

homo punching bag posted:

Yeah I thought this was the entire premise of the show. POTUS is Republican, but chose a Democrat VP and ignores her completely leaving her to do her own thing.

Both POTUS and the VEEP are in the same party. Yeah you can choose whoever you want to run with you as VEEP but noone would ever pick someone from the opposing party, plus its been stated multiple times ( a bunch in season 2) that they are in the same party.
Selina lost the democratic primary not the general election.

The president ignores the VEEP because being the VEEP is like the least important job in Washington unless the pres decides to give you some power.

SpRahl fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

SpRahl posted:

The president ignores the VEEP because being the VEEP is like the least important job in Washington unless the pres decides to give you some power.

Yeah, VEEP is a warm body and on rare occasions to act as the tie breaking vote in the Senate. But having a VEEP from the other party does very rarely occur, Andrew Johnson is an example, the guy who was Lincoln's VP.

Simstim fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 29, 2014

• Locked thread